Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Looks like a bunch of bad doctor who costumes from the 70s

15+ Year Old Account
    Yet another reason why I let my sub lapse. This is horribly lazy.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Cloth set looks somewhat decent, all the others look dull and boring. There are more interesting looking leveling sets.

Well it's a good job transmog is a thing amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by WintertodtChat View Post
    Well it's a good job transmog is a thing amirite?
    Not really an excuse to make poor sets which for the most part BFA has especially with the 8.2 ones.

Loads of games still make decent cosmetics even with the ability to change your gear.

They got lazy this expansion especially from a quality standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Not really an excuse to make poor sets which for the most part BFA has especially with the 8.2 ones.

Loads of games still make decent cosmetics even with the ability to change your gear.

They got lazy this expansion especially from a quality standpoint.
    Of course, no it's not an excuse. At least you can hide the appearance.

However, in terms of creativity it is rather lacking and I know they can do better if they try. Hell most mythic sets in WoD were decent looking. Can't say the same for the LFR sets but at least maybe it tried to make you improve for better looking gear.

Quote Originally Posted by WintertodtChat View Post
    Of course, no it's not an excuse. At least you can hide the appearance.

However, in terms of creativity it is rather lacking and I know they can do better if they try. Hell most mythic sets in WoD were decent looking. Can't say the same for the LFR sets but at least maybe it tried to make you improve for better looking gear.
    Eh idea behind LFR in WoD was that hopefully the incentive of worse gear/no tier would push players into Normal or higher with the revamped difficulties.

Ironically it didn't work. And some LFR sets were OP for Timewalking lol.

But I actually preferred the Mail LFR set from Hellfire to the actual tier sets for Mail wearers personally.

But at least you see the point I was making. They said we were going to get sets that had more effort and quality than ever before and we just haven't so far.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=291246/...ace-armor-sets

These sets look absolutely horrible. And they promised we'd have more raids/dungeons with their own unique sets and that hasn't happened either. Now, some might like the simplistic design, but they are all just so uninspired, the cloth mythic one is the only one with any real draw. Perhaps if Heroic didn't look the same as reg and reg didn't look the same as LFR it would be bearable. But these are just so very boring.

Thoughts?
    blizzard lied about putting and effort on something, what a surprise.. It looked clear to me at 8.0 based on how horrible 90% of the gear was that it is only going to go downhill from there.. imagine that those were the sets that they had the most time to make.

It is extra horrible that only "Decent" looking sets in 8.0 and 8.1 were the mythic sets which most people won't get to wear anyway.. but it is even worse in 8.2 that they somehow even made the mythic sets look like shit.

So far the only sets that I enjoyed are the elite pvp gear, cloth uldir mythic and a couple of mythic 8.1 (leather mainly)

Ugh, Art teams back broke it seems.

Oh well, they carried pretty well for a good while.

Other than the void elf, dark iron dwarf and nightbourne herritage sets, BFA's transmog is ****ing horrible so far.

It's almost like they put resources into the models outside of raiding as well. All of the Heritage armor sets, higher quality NPC models, allied races, warfront sets, higher quality misc weapons/armor, and more.

Honestly, raid sets are probably the worst thing to put resources into anyways. There are already so many of them, and it's gotten to the point where newer sets can't possibly be any better than older sets. Not to mention the fact that these sets could be considered 'over-designed', which contributes to the ideas spread by many people here that the game has an exaggerated feel.
    Last edited by Dominikas; 2019-04-22 at 03:51 PM.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I found that out of everything, the Belf Heritage armor was the last straw for me. It started off looking good and I thought that the legs/robe were place holders and not done when we saw the flat textures. Specially for the legs. Nope, that's it. Something out of 2008 with flat painted on textures that look completely out of place with the shoulders and gloves. Even the boots are completely flat except the toe. It was lazily done and looks like they quit half way through it.

The art team did a great job with the dwarf set. The others are ok, but the sets with robes? Come on Blizzard, I cannot support half assed sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It was just an excuse for them to be lazy. Obviously we were never going to see the quality and quantity of sets they promised.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It was just an excuse for them to be lazy. Obviously we were never going to see the quality and quantity of sets they promised.
    So far we have gotten the quantity and you could argue quality to as the sets are objectively better then what we got in the past with recolours for PvP sets and other places. Rather people like the sets or not is another thing but they have given us more sets in bfa then in say legion as of 8.1 and the sets have needed more work as they were Making unique sets instead of just recolours.

8.2 seems like the first failing of bfa armour wise but up to it they have held true to there more sets in other places.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Pretty much.

Whole expansion is built on misleading the playerbase which imo is pretty sad.

These sets look absolutely horrible. And they promised we'd have more raids/dungeons with their own unique sets and that hasn't happened either. Now, some might like the simplistic design, but they are all just so uninspired, the cloth mythic one is the only one with any real draw. Perhaps if Heroic didn't look the same as reg and reg didn't look the same as LFR it would be bearable. But these are just so very boring.

Thoughts?
    !00% agreed, couldn't say it better. Super disappointed in these sets.

They give me a Cthulhian Deep One vibe, so if that's what they were going for, I think they hit it. I recognize that's not an aesthetic everyone likes, though. The mythics look fine to me. The heroic coloration seems worse than the normal, and the lack of flair on the non-mythic sets is sort of disappointing (they look okay from the back, and I suppose that's what we'll see most anyway). I still don't anticipate I'd use any for transmog, as the island expedition transmog pieces in general look better.

Some points i consider: The Dungeon Sets are not even mapped in the "Collectible" sets tab, why?
    The non mythic version of sets looks in general kinda generic.

In general i consider BFA art amazing! the world, dungeons is all so beautiful... but the sets, weapons look lazy as hell.
    Look at how cool ur artifact apparences were and how your weapons look now. I notice most of my friends still use artifact apparences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    Man, full underwater armor themed sets could have been so cool. But why in the seven hells did they choose to make every armor look similar? The ocean has an endless amount of free creativity... Why not do something Shark themed for plate? Big, bulky, shark fins and scars etched into the armor etc. Eel for leather? Slick, slithery, maybe give them an electric eel feel, with electric particle effects and super dark colors for contrast? Mail? How about a crab? Why not do something with sea anemones? Octopi? Squids?

YOU HAVE SO MANY CHOICES, THE OCEAN IS HUGE AND HAS BOTH SCARY, CUTE AND FUNNY SHIT IN IT... WHY NOT USE IT?

Armor sets like these just shows how little creativity is left.
    100% Agreed.... i can't get how poor worked those are. Look at ToS sets in comparisson with those... Great and simple oportunities thrown away.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has been begging for race inspired sets for years now, I will happily accept every tier to be dogshit all expansion if it means I end up with a fantastic racial set for every race. The warfront sets and heritage sets are everything I've ever dreamed of. That said, I didn't mind the Uldir sets, liked the BoD sets, and think these new sets are boring. Keep giving me awesome racial gear Blizz! Best expansion for transmog ever <3
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Thoughts?
    "My personal opinion is that they are bad, therefore they lied to us about trying harder." - random entitled MMO-Champ poster 2019