Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    To this day I still wonder what the actual fuck is offensive about that name.
    During the Well of Eternity dungeon after Tyrande and Illidan help you defeat the last boss Malfurion, who had been covering our flank, runs up. Tyrande sees him, calls his name, and is about to tell him something, when Malfurion tells her to hush and then to tell him where his brother is. Easily offended psuedo-feminists have been using this as an excuse to call Malfurion a misogynist and Tyrande a "weak" woman for obeying.

It was literally three lines.
    Tyrande says: Malfurion...
    Malfurion says: Hush, Tyrande. Where is Illidan?
    Tyrande: By the water's edge.

Two words created all that fake outrage.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of enjoyed trying to find a Tauren female to get the achieve; they're rare enough where there's the 'thrill of the hunt', while not rare enough to being stressed that I might not get the achievement.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I remember back in Wrath when people were doing the achievements for the violet proto, several people just made new dwarf females and run to IF so people could get their achievements. I know I did.
    If requires 18 level though, so it's not instant. Nowadays it would probably work with trial 110 characters (even better for Worgens and Goblins).

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Blizzard changed the tracer pose to a literal pinup pose because it fit her character better it had nothing to do with any one getting offended.
    What? They quite literally changed it solely because of backlash. Read the words here straight from Kaplan himself before making baseless claims on the internet that fit your own narrative.

"We want *everyone* to feel strong and heroic in our community. The last thing we want to do is make someone feel uncomfortable, under-appreciated or misrepresented. Apologies and we'll continue to try to do better."
    [Insert Witty Signature Here]

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnivale View Post
    What? They quite literally changed it solely because of backlash. Read the words here straight from Kaplan himself before making baseless claims on the internet that fit your own narrative.

"We want *everyone* to feel strong and heroic in our community. The last thing we want to do is make someone feel uncomfortable, under-appreciated or misrepresented. Apologies and we'll continue to try to do better."
    Followed by,
    Well, that escalated quickly…

While I stand by my previous comment, I realize I should have been more clear. As the game director, I have final creative say over what does or does not go into the game. With this particular decision, it was an easy one to make—not just for me, but for the art team as well. We actually already have an alternate pose that we love and we feel speaks more to the character of Tracer. We weren’t entirely happy with the original pose, it was always one that we wrestled with creatively. That the pose had been called into question from an appropriateness standpoint by players in our community did help influence our decision—getting that kind of feedback is part of the reason we’re holding a closed beta test—but it wasn’t the only factor. We made the decision to go with a different pose in part because we shared some of the same concerns, but also because we wanted to create something better. We wouldn’t do anything to sacrifice our creative vision for Overwatch, and we’re not going to remove something solely because someone may take issue with it. Our goal isn’t to water down or homogenize the world, or the diverse cast of heroes we’ve built within it. We have poured so much of our heart and souls into this game that it would be a travesty for us to do so.

We understand that not everyone will agree with our decision, and that’s okay. That’s what these kinds of public tests are for. This wasn’t pandering or caving, though. This was the right call from our perspective, and we think the game will be just as fun the next time you play it.

If it isn’t, feel free to continue sharing your concerns, thoughts, and feedback about this and other issues you may have with the game, please just keep the discussion respectful.

Thanks,
    jeffrey
    Them removing it to try and be pc doesn’t line up them changing it to a pinup doesn’t line up with them leaving the same pose in for other characters and most important doesn’t line up with there own words.

though I do find it funny that you think I’m the one trying to push a narrative when litteraly every thing points to them not changing it to be pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivale View Post

Yep. It's sad Blizzard have become a company that bows down to this "muh triggered" outrage culture. Thankfully there are still developers out there that aren't stupid enough to fall for it.

But I guess that's just how things are. I mean this is the company that banned the ok hand signal at an Overwatch tournament citing "hate speech".

Because of 1 person getting offended at a pose sorry "her daughter might get the wrong impression" they caved and changed something. And judging by the fact she said "young daughter" I'll assume they were under 12 which is the age rating of this game which begs the question why as a parent are you letting your kid look at games not suitable for their age if you are just going to get offended over it?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-22 at 06:53 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    For people preaching about how other people getting triggered, you guys sure get triggered quite a lot by even the slightest of changes.

Formerly known as Arafal

And why is this an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    And why is this an issue?
    something something SJWs most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    For people preaching about how other people getting triggered, you guys sure get triggered quite a lot by even the slightest of changes.
    Exactly. I sure don't walk in all walks of life, but I have never encountered a "liberal snowflake who is offended by everything". People complaining about "snowflakes", on the other hand...