10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    While i don't disagree that racial weapons are a cool idea, the have and have-nots of the racial weapons are in fact, quite severe.

Firstly, each spec would, for it to be fair, be able to get a weapon they could use. Me playing a MM hunter for instance would hav to get at least 1 ranged weapon and 1 polearm for Survival spec.
    I also play Human, which, while certainly overrepresented is not one of the few lucky ones with a plethora of cool unused weapon models to draw upon. The only weapon i can think of, off the top of my head is Shalamayne, which regardless of the fact that us getting it would be a lore nightmare, is also a sword, and therefore no use to a large chunk of the human classes.

All in all, while it is easy to just consider the cool weapons like the Blood elf guard glaive and shield, or the DI dwarf drill mace/staff. You still have to consider the amount of effort having to be put in to create the minimum amount of weapons needed for the rewards to be fair.

And this is kinda the point i was making with not wanting Blizz to rush it, i would rather they sit on the knowledge that Mage tower was a success while considering appropriate content with appropriate rewards that do not feel like an intern made them over the weekend.

Edit: While i do not want to give the impression i think the idea of rewarding race-themed weapons is dumb, i do want you to consider the sheer amount of weapons needed to satisfy every race/class combo in the game.
    True, it's a lot of work. I was thinking about the amount of Warfront weapons they did, and multiplying that by the number of races, it does seem to be a lot of work. Particularly considering people would probably expect really nice models from something like Mage Tower. Oh well, one can dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Many specs either had small redesigns or significant changes to tuning. I just don't seem them fixing it. I do not at all disagree with you, I simply don't think it is likely at all for things that have been broken over the course of more than 5 years to be fixed.

Here is the thing. Many suggest that part of the reason for simplifying class design was added complexity in encounter design. While I will not exactly agree that raids are all THAT much more complex than before, dungeons certainly are. Imo the solution that CAN be implemented on the short term would be for the world mobs added in 8.2 and perhaps later on to be more complex. And by that I don't mean have more health but rather have mechanics that if you ignore, you are FUCKED (and well, have enough health that the survive to use those mechanics at least once).

Again for me what is imperative is not for them to "fix" the specs. It's to change their design philosophy from punishing bad gameplay (you have weaknesses and if you don't play well, you lose) to rewarding good gameplay (you have many strengths, use them to overcome challenges).
    Yeah I hope at least some areas of Nazjatar have timeless isle upper area levels of mechanics. Don't Dodge the spell? You die. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah I hope at least some areas of Nazjatar have timeless isle upper area levels of mechanics. Don't Dodge the spell? You die. Etc.
    At least when I was riding around Mechagon, the normal mobs were not that difficult, but felt much stronger than the average Kul Tiran Enemy for my 405iLvL Mage.

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh shit - I just realised, if mechagnomes become an allied race maybe we'll get gnome druids. Just imagine, mechanical druid forms! I want this more than anything. I need this more than (almost) anything.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Because basically every other old god quote happened in BFA? As far as I know no lords of ravens opened ANY keys in Legion besides Medivh literally opening a door in Karazhan.
    You are taking it literal. A "turning of the key" does not necessarily mean an actual key. It could have been Khadgar helping us collect the pillars of creation. You know, the pillar of creation that Azshara stole to part the sea? "At her third death...." This was clearly Sargeras stabbing Azeroth, again legion. Plenty of things happened in legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    It's an interesting idea. I don't think Shaw is involved (he was not a true member of the Uncrowned in Legion, only worked alongside them). But Garona and Voss? Interesting. It's the best idea I heard about the Lord of Crows.

I think the key is related to the Old Gods, thought. Maybe it's killing (or trying to) Sylvanas, which sparks all the events for the last patch as she either has her "third death" or becomes paranoid enough to seek immortality in any way possible, maybe?

Because the quotes are all being fulfilled in BfA, so it's reasonable to expect it to also happen in BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, if it's the Alliance attacking because of strategic value or to displace the blood elves.

But it could lead to peace if we end up there because Sylvanas plans (and ends up doing) something nasty with the Sunwell.
    Untrue, her third death, khadgar helping us collect the 5 pillars. One of them which Azshara uses to part the sea to bring us to her temple in order to use the heart (her heart is a crater....) that Magni gave us (Her is a pawn, unknowingly gave us a heart to fill) which will unlock n'zoth's prison.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan11d7 View Post
    You are taking it literal. A "turning of the key" does not necessarily mean an actual key. It could have been Khadgar helping us collect the pillars of creation. You know, the pillar of creation that Azshara stole to part the sea? "At her third death...." This was clearly Sargeras stabbing Azeroth, again legion. Plenty of things happened in legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Untrue, her third death, khadgar helping us collect the 5 pillars. One of them which Azshara uses to part the sea to bring us to her temple in order to use the heart (her heart is a crater....) that Magni gave us (Her is a pawn, unknowingly gave us a heart to fill) which will unlock n'zoth's prison.
    "This was clearly"

Except it isn't so clear.
    For instance, "5 torches to guide our way" mean the Pillars of Creation? Are you sure? Then why is Sylvanas calling Xal'atath a torch to guide her way? Why was Xal'atath calling us a torch to guide the way?

Even if "her heart is a crater" means the Heart of Azeroth, and not Sylvanas or someone else, that's a BfA event, not Legion.

Just because you are sure you understood the meaning of the riddles, it doesn't mean you are right. We will only know in hindsight, after the story has been told. To me, that story is BfA, and there's still 2 to 4 patches ahead.
    Whatever...

That's a leap.
    We talked about analogous classes a few pages back - different methods, but similar results. Animal mechs instead of shapeshifts, Alchemy instead of magical healing. Although a (Mecha-)Gnome Mech Druid would be awfully close to a Tinker...
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

That's a leap.
    More like a Dimension Door.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I enjoyed the extra gold it was giving during Legion. Now I'm poor once again, yet Blizzard keeps increasing the prices of mounts and such. I'm trying to up my AH game with professions, but the market on my server has been kind of broken since the launch BfA.
    Revamp for the auction house is coming in 8.3 or in 9.0, mark my words.

What I hope for:

- I think the AH in black dessert is perfect, every item has a range price you can put it, but you can't go below or over that range price.
    - Work orders, meaning, you need 30 of those herbs and there are only 5 on the AH? put on a work order for X ammount of gold (with a range price ofc) and someone will fill it
    - The AH needs to be if not global, for NA and EU and not by server, as factions co-op in pve, this would also be awesome for the game

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post

What I hope for:

- I think the AH in black dessert is perfect, every item has a range price you can put it, but you can't go below or over that range price.
    - Work orders, meaning, you need 30 of those herbs and there are only 5 on the AH? put on a work order for X ammount of gold (with a range price ofc) and someone will fill it
    - The AH needs to be if not global, for NA and EU and not by server, as factions co-op in pve, this would also be awesome for the game
    Global? No Thanks. I quite enjoy getting lots of gold for Slutmogs/Transmogs on roleplay realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Global? No Thanks. I quite enjoy getting lots of gold for Slutmogs/Transmogs on roleplay realms.
    What's the difference? If it's global, people on those realms will still be able to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post

What I hope for:

The AH rework would be good.

I don't know enough about the AH in Black Desert, but my main wish from the AH is this:

Separate commodities (crafting materials + consumables + similar things) from everything else, and have the commodities buy / sell differently.

When you sell, you get quoted the current price. If you are fine with the price, you sell and you get your money right away. Your goods go into the common pile and this affects the price (decreases it a bit, supply/demand and moving averages, similar to the token). You sell however much you want. If you are not fine with the price, you don't sell (and wait or use the items yourself).

When you buy, you get quoted the current price. If you are fine with the price, you enter how much you want to buy, and you buy at the quoted price. You don't care about "stack sizes" used by sellers, you just buy however much you want. When you buy, the price increases a bit (the market again). If you are not fine with the price, you don't buy (and wait or craft or whatever you want).

Everything else is secondary.

The above also helps performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuOfUluru View Post
    Oh shit - I just realised, if mechagnomes become an allied race maybe we'll get gnome druids. Just imagine, mechanical druid forms! I want this more than anything. I need this more than (almost) anything.
    Or maybe more customization for the regular race, so another race can be chosen...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    I just buy the right sets I need for my Horde characters etc...
    For the Horde!

junkergnomes would be fine allied race option but would either fit as a neutral Allied race or with alliance (but in the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    What's the difference? If it's global, people on those realms will still be able to buy them.
    You are increasing supply by like 250 fold but not increasing the demand by anywhere near as much, i.e. tanking the price.

+1gb PTR patch incoming...

7+ Year Old Account
    I got a ptr update, 1GB big.

Formerly known as Arafal

Curious to see what the new build brings

new void dragon?
    Last edited by Hugnomo; 2019-04-23 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Curious to see what the new build brings
    This super cool model for one (possible spoilers I guess, no idea who this is)

Ahaha yeah! Found it too on your database! Very very cool.