Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nurses don't have time to play cards.. my cousin works 12 hour shifts 3 days a week often in icu and this may fuck her schedule up and be unable to see her kid if they started changing shit. From supernurse to supermom in 1 day unbelievable , I would never work as a nurse.

I dated a nurse once too and she would always come home late as fuck and exhausted. Must have been from all that gambling at the card table LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Yet ANOTHER Republican politician who doesn't have a fucking clue about the goings on in this world. As someone who grew up in a nursing family, as someone who IS a nurse I can speak how inaccurate this woman's views are of nurses. Nurses often times miss their breaks and lunches because the demand of patient care is so high. Nurses often don't have time to go to the bathroom when they need to because they have to do patient care, console a family who just lost a loved one, give medications to patients who desperately need it, and are late leaving for home because there was too much going on to be released when their shift was supposed to end. How about we take this bitch and make her work a standard shift shadowing a nurse in a hospital and maybe she'll see how much card playing nurses do in the day!

Yeah I agree, my mother was a nurse, the hospitals have a problem with finding enough nurses so they end up working hard to take care of multiple patience. CNA turnover rate doesn't help either, that's partially because it's a shit job (literally and figuratively) for low pay.

This is the same kind of shit teachers get as well.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Yes yes vomit all the propaganda you have been fed from Fox, good little npc

QTF
    Not propaganda when it’s true. They will be one term congresswomen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Nurses are one of the most sensitive groups of people. Always bitching about how hard their job is and acting like they are the saviors of the world. I appreciate what nurses do and the stress they are under, but all they do is bitch. My timeline is filled with nurses crying about this. Sharing memes about playing cards, signing online petitions about this.
    You might want to go clean up a little bit. Your ignorance is showing. Hate to break it to you but nurses are the backbone of the medical community and their aid is the labor. Your doctor in the hospital will see you for 10-20 minutes tops the entire time you're there that day. Your nurse is the one who sees you the entire shift. Your nurse if who gives you your treatment to get better. Your nurse if the one that gives you your medicine to help you get better. Your nurse is the one that notifies your doctor if you take a turn for the worse. Your nurse is the one that actually explains to you what is going on with you & what you need to do to get better. Your aid is the one that brings you your food (and if you're unable to eat it by yourself is the one who literally feeds you your meal). Your aid is who gives you a bed bath or shower if you're in the hospital or nursing home and need one. Your aid is who walks you around if you are unstable on your feet. Your aid is who changes your bedding if they become soiled. Your aid is who dresses you if you are unable to dress yourself. Your aid is who takes you to the bathroom if you are unable to get there yourself. Now that you know what your nurse and aid do for just ONE person, multiply that by 6-20 and you have what their work load looks like for just ONE shift. GTFO here with your ignorance.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Its Gaymer77. If a Republican sneezes he's offended. Nothing to see here.

- - - Updated - - -

Beats voting for Democrats.
    "I'd rather have a judgmental, provably wrong idiot than a Democrat!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    "I'd rather have a judgmental, provably wrong idiot than a Democrat!"
    I'd rather have a chimp in any political office over a Democrat https://youtu.be/4DZtMlNKggk actually that would be awesome, he could bite AOC and Omar's faces off and people would say "that's what you get for not hailing to the chimp"

They can't find enough certified people, so now they are "out sourcing" it. Asking people to work as an independent contractor for even less than minimum wage. Just like teachers, these jobs need to be paid much more!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Walker View Post
    They can't find enough certified people, so now they are "out sourcing" it. Asking people to work as an independent contractor for even less than minimum wage. Just like teachers, these jobs need to be paid much more!
    RN requires an associate's degree and they average $80k a year salary in my state (Oregon). I have no sympathy for RNs crying about salary.

CNAs get $15/hour which is not that great but also $5 over the minimum wage.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    I'd rather have a chimp in any political office over a Democrat https://youtu.be/4DZtMlNKggk actually that would be awesome, he could bite AOC and Omar's faces off and people would say "that's what you get for not hailing to the chimp"
    Republican worshipper!

Besides, we already have the Orangutan in chief, who is the worst President I've seen in my lifetime.
    Last edited by Shaderas; 2019-04-22 at 10:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    RN requires an associate's degree and they average $80k a year salary in my state (Oregon). I have no sympathy for RNs crying about salary.

Must not have updated with the times. RNs out here require a Bachelor's degree. As for the pay scale it's going to be different wherever you go.

An Indiana or Wisconsin RN makes quite a bit less than their Illinois counterpart.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Pay is not everywhere the same and you should consider the hours made. I know a lot of jobs that get overtime paid, nurses don't get that often (especially independent contractors).

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Must not have updated with the times. RNs out here require a Bachelor's degree. As for the pay scale it's going to be different wherever you go.

An Indiana or Wisconsin RN makes quite a bit less than their Illinois counterpart.
    Pay is not everywhere the same and you should consider the hours made. I know a lot of jobs that get overtime paid, nurses don't get that often (especially independent contractors).
    I don't give a flying fuck if the $80k is for a RN with an associate's or it's a BSN, they don't need anymore money. I like most nurses, I work with a few of them, we don't need to kiss their ass like they are the second coming.

Cost of living is also lower in areas where salaries are lower, WI RNs average 70k a year. So I'm not sure what your point is, apparently your argument is that 70k a year is destitute level poverty.

I don't give a flying fuck if the $80k is for a RN with an associate's or it's a BSN, they don't need anymore money. I like most nurses, I work with a few of them, we don't need to kiss their ass like they are the second coming.
    Well, maybe try to follow what people are posting, I was talking about NURSES. And the low pay THEY get in some states.

Well, maybe try to follow what people are posting, I was talking about NURSES. And the low pay THEY get in some states.
    Yes you linked Wisconsin and apparently the average salary there is $70k a year for RNs. A friend of mine got a job right out of community college for $35 an hour in Delaware, they're not exactly hurting. And that was 2-3 years ago. Registry work (where you float from hospital to hospital as needed) is typically twice that amount per hour.

Feel free to link those low nursing salary stats, I'm certain you're confused and are thinking of CNAs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa calm down there, Chief.

Just because they get paid $80k in Oregon doesn't mean they're getting that everywhere. My wife has Oncology specialties attached to her nursing license and just leaving the city of Chicago to the suburbs is a massive paycut. If she took the same job in Madison, WI it would be a 40% salary cut.

Nobody is kissing anyone's ass. Both my statement and Johnny Walker's are that the pay grade for nurses is so wildly disproportionate depending on area.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Yes you linked Wisconsin and apparently the average salary there is $70k a year for RNs. A friend of mine got a job right out of community college for $35 an hour in Delaware, they're not exactly hurting. Registry work (where you float from hospital to hospital as needed) is typically twice that amount per hour.
    Again, follow what people are posting. I did not post anything about Wisconsin. But hey, everything to feel outraged about when you think you are being attacked when it's far from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Whoa calm down there, Chief.

Just because they get paid $80k in Oregon doesn't mean they're getting that everywhere. My wife has Oncology specialties attached to her nursing license and just leaving the city of Chicago to the suburbs is a massive paycut. If she took the same job in Madison, WI it would be a 40% salary cut.

Nobody is kissing anyone's ass. Both my statement and Johnny Walker's are that the pay grade for nurses is so wildly disproportionate depending on area.
    https://nursesalaryguide.net/nurse-s...alary_by_State the lowest state rate for RNs is $57k a year in a state where the cost of living is well below the national average, nurses are fine. It is completely insane to suggest they need more money considering their education level, even accounting for the work that they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://nursesalaryguide.net/nurse-s...alary_by_State the lowest state rate for RNs is $57k a year in a state where the cost of living is well below the national average, nurses are fine. It is completely insane to suggest they need more money considering their education level, even accounting for the work that they do.
    Is that seriously what you're going with? They don't deserve more money because they didn't get enough education and nursing isn't a valuable skill?

Also show me where I said they needed more money? I said their pay was different depending on locale -- they also like to lump speciality nurses in with RNs. As I noted my wife is an OCN -- but is still considered a RN in the grand scheme of it which does effect averages.

Another example of why you should not let people in power decide over things they have no knowledge off. Nurses are overworked generally everywhere in the world, with standard issues being unable to take lunch and bathroom breaks plus working overtime way too often.
    P.S.
    Oh, she's a Republican. My outsider view of USA politics is seeing a pattern.