Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    Should probably quite possible for the NK to freeze the sea enough to eventually walk around the wall, when it gets far enough into winter.
    And thats not happened before in the past 1000 years, maybe at some point before the dragons came back? If the wall was always this flimsy, I just don't see why they didnt attack the moment the dragons were gone and everyone had forgotten about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    Part of me thinks they really should have extended season 7 to 10 episodes to fix all its pacing issues, but then part of me thinks that D&D cant write for shit (although this most recent episode was definitely an improvement) and more episodes would have just been horrible.

I have to ask, and I'm sure it already has been asked, but of the two abomination plot lines in this show (the rest of which has been magnificent), the dorne plot and jon going beyond the wall, the latter needed to happen... why? I asked but one question the entire time jon was deciding to go beyond the wall and get the wight, and that is HOW ON EARTH DID HE THINK THE WHITE WALKERS WERE GOING TO GET PAST THE WALL IN THE FIRST PLACE? Its a magical ice wall, specifically to fuck up white walkers, maybe not the wights, but last time they only got through it because people brought them back through it. How on earth were they going to get past the wall? All i can think, is that the wights would just be climbing the wall... thats it. Instead, he literally just ignores this fact, or indeed, everyone does, and goes beyond the wall giving the night king the exact tool he needed to destroy the wall, a dragon. Nice one. It is the one thing that will annoy me forever about an otherwise near perfect show unless someone can give me a reason.
    It's really not that hard to reason out honestly. The wall is, what, hundreds of miles wide? If his assumption at first is that the undead army reaches it they still need to defend the wall to stop them from going over it, or preventing the NK to do whatever the hell else he might do without a dragon to get past it. You don't reasonably just sit on a defensive structure with not nearly enough people and let an invading army just camp out at it, they are bound to eventually figure out a way through it. It would also be silly to assume he would know the results of going up there to get the proof he needed to get the help that he needed in terms of giving the NK a dragon. I don't really see the hangup here, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I do think how the entire season (and ultimate whether GoT 'lands' as a series) will be judged based on what happens next episode. Cersei being somehow more of a threat than the NK is ridiculous, and if the NK largely prevails in Winterfell against dragonglass-armed Freefolk, NOrtherners, the Vale, much of the Riverlands, the Unsullied, the remnants of the Night's Watch, 2 dragons, and a horde of Dothraki screamers, he should, in theory, roll King's Landing with ease, making the back half of the season kinda pointless.

And if the majority or even a significant minority of the named characters survive, it lessens the threat of the NK in general cause they should be able to wipe these folks out easy, and it creates less tension when they fight again in KL, cause then you actually think, "Oh hey, they are actually gonna win now..." especially if they can get Viserion (the undead dragon) out of the way.
    Well they have buildt up the Night King and his army ever since episode 1, scene 1(I think it was, atleast very early). How that whole ordeal ends will be VERY important to alot of viewers. If it all just ends in episode 3 it has to end quite big. And tbh, having Cercei as the big baddie after fighting NK would be sort of.. meh.

Though I got a feeling Cercei wont die at all. She will loose everything she ever had and knew, but she wont die.

And thats not happened before in the past 1000 years, maybe at some point before the dragons came back? If the wall was always this flimsy, I just don't see why they didnt attack the moment the dragons were gone and everyone had forgotten about them.
    I'm reminded of that warlock from Qarth plot where the warlock says that the rebirth of dragons brought magic back into the world. Maybe the Night King could feel that and decided he needs to act fast? Thought it is far more likely that he waited to get the maximum number of troops and this was the perfect moment to strike. It's been a while since I read the books but I hope the plot there focuses more on the Horn of Winter bringing the wall down.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhovanir View Post
    I'm reminded of that warlock from Qarth plot where the warlock says that the rebirth of dragons brought magic back into the world. Maybe the Night King could feel that and decided he needs to act fast? Thought it is far more likely that he waited to get the maximum number of troops and this was the perfect moment to strike. It's been a while since I read the books but I hope the plot there focuses more on the Horn of Winter bringing the wall down.
    The question is wether the presence of dragons also made the Night King's magic stronger or wether he's got a completely different kind of magic that is not affected by that.

I'm calling someone important is going to be fatally wounded by the dead but before they die they are going to stab themselves with Dragonglass to prevent themselves from turning.

I felt bad when my boy little finger died last season but now i'm glad he did since we wouldn't have time for his shenanigans right now, i am bothered by the first two useless episodes already let alone if he was in the series still and bump up the fluff even more? I need action! You'd think they had 7 seasons to set things up and not waste the last 7 episodes.

Part of me thinks they really should have extended season 7 to 10 episodes to fix all its pacing issues, but then part of me thinks that D&D cant write for shit (although this most recent episode was definitely an improvement) and more episodes would have just been horrible.

I have to ask, and I'm sure it already has been asked, but of the two abomination plot lines in this show (the rest of which has been magnificent), the dorne plot and jon going beyond the wall, the latter needed to happen... why? I asked but one question the entire time jon was deciding to go beyond the wall and get the wight, and that is HOW ON EARTH DID HE THINK THE WHITE WALKERS WERE GOING TO GET PAST THE WALL IN THE FIRST PLACE? Its a magical ice wall, specifically to fuck up white walkers, maybe not the wights, but last time they only got through it because people brought them back through it. How on earth were they going to get past the wall? All i can think, is that the wights would just be climbing the wall... thats it. Instead, he literally just ignores this fact, or indeed, everyone does, and goes beyond the wall giving the night king the exact tool he needed to destroy the wall, a dragon. Nice one. It is the one thing that will annoy me forever about an otherwise near perfect show unless someone can give me a reason.

Yeh... no.

D+D are pants, their writing is barely at the level of a soap opera, best to get this over and done with as soon as possible.

Another complaint: Why the FUCK are they sat outside the wall of the Winterfell??? Maybe use the Dothraki as a harassing force outside the wall but every other person should be inside the walls throwing as many arrows/fireballs/whatever they can. Standing outside the wall is beyond stupid. Whats the point in building a walled city if the moment anyone threatens it you abandon the whole place and the defensive advantage it confers.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Bringing all the Starks back would be so fucked up. I hope it happens.
    Arya running away scared, yeah, Starks are coming back to life. I've been doing some reading and i've heard some theories that the crypt might be protected by magic. I also feel like they'll do some LOTR shit on us. Instead of the dead Starks killing the people in the crypts, they'll help fight off the Night King and his horde.

I also think the NK isn't going to Winterfell, he's going straight to King's Landing to up his unit count. I highly doubt Bran will die in this upcoming episode. I still feel like there's more for him to do. What if he's the mastermind behind all of this?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyLegalBear View Post
    Arya running away scared, yeah, Starks are coming back to life. I've been doing some reading and i've heard some theories that the crypt might be protected by magic. I also feel like they'll do some LOTR shit on us. Instead of the dead Starks killing the people in the crypts, they'll help fight off the Night King and his horde.

I also think the NK isn't going to Winterfell, he's going straight to King's Landing to up his unit count. I highly doubt Bran will die in this upcoming episode. I still feel like there's more for him to do. What if he's the mastermind behind all of this?
    I had the same thought about the crypts/walls of Winterfell. If they were built by Bran the Builder (same guy who built the wall) then it stands to reason it would be protected the same way. I guess we will find out in 6 looooooooooooooooooooong days.

Quote Originally Posted by BarelyLegalBear View Post
    The Night King would make a brilliant move then, simply ignore Winterfell and march south. Raze everything in his path and amass legions of followers to his already substantial army.

Also, I am really wondering if Bran has only benevolent intentions or some more questionable goals?

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    Yeh... no.

D+D are pants, their writing is barely at the level of a soap opera, best to get this over and done with as soon as possible.

Another complaint: Why the FUCK are they sat outside the wall of the Winterfell??? Maybe use the Dothraki as a harassing force outside the wall but every other person should be inside the walls throwing as many arrows/fireballs/whatever they can. Standing outside the wall is beyond stupid. Whats the point in building a walled city if the moment anyone threatens it you abandon the whole place and the defensive advantage it confers.
    Do you actually not comprehend the size of their army? They have thousands of soldiers, there's no possible way they could all fight from inside the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero3 View Post
    I felt bad when my boy little finger died last season but now i'm glad he did since we wouldn't have time for his shenanigans right now, i am bothered by the first two useless episodes already let alone if he was in the series still and bump up the fluff even more? I need action! You'd think they had 7 seasons to set things up and not waste the last 7 episodes.
    It's called building suspense. The whole point of this episode was to build tension before the pinnacle battle. And I think they did it well.

Wights were able to be found on the southern side of the wall even before Bran let the NK in. I honestly can't remember if they showed it in the show itself (I'm pretty sure they did because I want to say that's how Jon got Longclaw?) but I know in the books they kill a wight that rises from a Nights Watch guy that tries to kill Papa Mormont.

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    Wights were able to be found on the southern side of the wall even before Bran let the NK in. I honestly can't remember if they showed it in the show itself (I'm pretty sure they did because I want to say that's how Jon got Longclaw?) but I know in the books they kill a wight that rises from a Nights Watch guy that tries to kill Papa Mormont.
    That also happened in the show.

The nights watch brought back two of their men who died doing patrols for the wildling activity north of the wall. They found the dead bodies which were in the process of turning.

Sam comments on their lack of decomposing odor so they bring them back into castle black to study them
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-04-22 at 10:59 PM.

I really liked this last episode for the most part. The characters seemed a lot more, well, natural than in previous ones (certainly than in S7). Most people are convinced they will die, especially those that already fought the WWs, everyone is tying up loose ends or trying to enjoy their final night, all feels like things humans would do. I do think the plot should have moved forward a bit more; four episodes to tie up the Night King and Cercei seems far too little to me. I definitely hope the army of the dead hyped since the show's very first scene isn't taken out before Mad Queen Cercei of all people.

I also kinda liked the sex scene. It was far more tasteful than the show's usual nudity and it makes total sense that, after going through so much shit, Arya would try to get some on what could be her final night with the guy she already found hot. And damn, if this wasn't CGI'd/a body double Maisie Williams has gown up quite nicely I must say.

The knighting was the highlight, of course, the final culmination of Jaime and Brienne's time together. She's more or less guaranteed to die now, though. But I feel that dying in battle would be a fitting end for her now. Her and Grey Worm, Jorah and Beric are totally, 100% doomed if you ask me.

What I wasn't a fan of is so many moments cut short. Jaime's trial at the beginning ends a bit abruptly even if some good arguments were made all around. Sansa and Dany's conversation is cut short too conveniently, same with Jon revealing his heritage. I'd have liked to see these moments expanded upon (even if not given a final resolution) rather than waste time with shit like Grey Worm and Missandrei's pointless romance or that random little girl.

And of course Tormund and the Hound steal every scene they're in. Damn but I think I will miss Sandor Clegane the most out of that entire bunch when the show ends one way or another.. To me nothing screams "Game of Thrones" more than this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    So is Jenny's song at the end a way to tell us in advance Jon will give up his claim to the throne?
    I wonder if Jon might kill Dany to fulfill the "Prince that was Promised" prophecy, but will in turn have to die in order to defeat the Night King/Ceseri to save the 7 kingdoms, and we end up with Sansa or someone else taking the throne in the end?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    That also happened in the show.

The nights watch brought back two of their men who were doing patrols for the wilderling activity north of the wall and they found the dead bodies which were in the process of turning.

Sam comments on their lack of decomposing odor so they bring them back into castle black to study them
    K, so I wasn't imaging it happening in the show. Been so long since I've seen the earlier episodes I couldn't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post

K, so I wasn't imaging it happening in the show. Been so long since I've seen the earlier episodes I couldn't remember.

Jon Snow by chance grabs a fire lantern off Popa Mormont, throws it at the wight setting it on fire and gets rewarded Longclaw for his successful quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    Do you actually not comprehend the size of their army? They have thousands of soldiers, there's no possible way they could all fight from inside the walls.
    They are outnumbered. Limiting the number of people fighting benefits them. The army of the dead don't appear to bringing any siege weapons. The only way for wights to get to them then would be to build a WWZ-esque human pyramid that, while in the castle, they can continuously burn down. If they can't all fight at once, then they can fight in shifts. Might be quite useful against an enemy that doesn't tire.

Castles are immensley strong defensive positions. Moving outside them is pretty much always a monumentally stupid idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Personally I am not sure if Gilly is meant to be, or the actor simply got fat. In that scene with the child her double chin was so prominent that I almost feel it was intentionally presented. I usually don't care about or see those things, so it must have been really outstanding.
    Apparently a friend of mine met the actress at a con recently... She's just a chonker now. No baby, just lots of pie.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30