Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Meh - Worse than WoD was for me...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    The problem is that Legion had way more effort put in. Every single spec in the game got a unique artifact weapon, each weapon with its own quest chain and unique lore, and each one with a lot of different skins.

What did we get in return? The Heart of Azeroth. A necklace that you can't even see on your character. What the fuck were they thinking?

In Legion, we had artifact traits. We could pick and choose which ones we wanted first, then eventually get them all.

What did we get in return? Azerite armor with RNG traits where you have to keep 15 different shoulders in your bag because each one of them has different traits that are beneficial to you. Fucking garbage.

In Legion, we had cool legendaries, some class specific, some just badass (Prydaz).

What did we get in return? Once again, Azerite armor. See above.

In Legion, we had a class hall storyline that was unique for every class and actually interesting.

What did we get in return? A shitty ass war campaign that nobody gives a shit about.

In Legion, we had cool class specific tier sets with the mythic version being an extremely overdrive badass version.

What did we get in return? One tier set per armor type per raid, and most of them ugly as hell.

In Legion, each class got a new class mount, with different color variations.

What did we get in return? Fifty horse mounts on Alliance and the same mounts reskinned for warfronts and islands.
    This.

Legion to me just had a lot more interesting stuff. Stuff that made me come back; Suramar, class order hall quests(I still haven't done them all), class mounts, artifact skins, mage tower, cool tier sets, heck I still do the Withered scenario from time to time because I think it's a fun challenge.

BfA has no major quest hub like Suramar, the WQs are watered down, the tier sets are bland and there is only 1 design per armor type, the necklace is like the legendary ring of WoD, so bland and you don't have a visual, azerite armor is a nightmare and in no way fun, most of the mounts are forgettable(even though 8.2 looks promising in that regard), I don't find the grind of island expeditions fun, it's just stressful and unrewarding, Arathi warfront is kinda fun, the Darkshore one is boring as hell with its linearity, and most important of all I find the class design of my favorite classes(WW monk, elem shaman, BM/MM hunter, prot/ret paladin, guardian druid) to be clunky and slow. Class design is not in a good spot right now and they feel terribly dumbed down and just outright bland.

BfA DOES have great environments and music, but that is not enough. The systems must be engaging too and for me it's the worst it has ever been. At least WoD's class design was just MoP Lite.

These are my opionons, not a facts:

BFA really feels like worse version of Legion. A lot of dps classes are really bad designed, the loss of Artifacts has far worse effects than they anticipated I assume, and Azerite armour is nowhere close to fixing this.

Titanforging needs to go already, at least in it's current state, give it a cap or something.

Dungeons in BFA are very poorly designed, and by this design this ridiculous rogue heavy meta composition was made. There's just so much trash in dungeons that you are forced to skip a lot of them to make it in time. By this, of course you want to take a rogue because invis potion gives your battle potion long cooldown, and Outlaw's AoE is very strong while having okay-ish single target.
    I kinda get what they had in mind, because there's simply little to no niche to these dungeons so they didn't want to favour any class for specific dungeon, but this resulted in one composition which is best for every dungeon and then MDI turns out how it is now.

As for new game mechanics, well, they are just straight up bad. I like the ideas but execution is really weird.

Islands are boring, they could rather turn this into battleground with random map, I know there's PvP option, but it's just 3v3 arena with extra step.

Warfronts...why is this PvE exclusively is something I won't understand like ever. They could keep the PvE aspect with that quest throwing free heroic item at you and add permanent PvP option which would give rewards similar to Epic Battle grounds (maybe something extra to make it more attractive). The rotation between defending and attacking would be same as for PvE.

I don't mind new mechanics, but more often than not Blizzard forces changes just to change things, remove mechanics even if they were popular and well received by players. And then they add some mechanics into a game, they are fixing it for 80% of the expansion duration, and when it's finally in a good state and well received by players they throw it away and come up with something new they end up fixing most of the expansion, it's really ridiculous and in BFA it came up to the point where it feels like we were in beta version half a year after release.

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    It's okay. Not great, not awful, just okay. Feels a lot like WoD to me. Most days I get on, raid, maybe a few dailies then log. When my guild is up to it we run some m+ and mog runs together.

If you dropped out earlier in the expansion its probably not worth coming back right now unless you just wanna do a month and catch up on any bits you missed. That being said, to me at least 8.2 looks promising and at the moment seems like a good time to hop back in.
    Pretty much this. Come back once 8.2 drops and you’ll be in a much happier place. But if you’re on now it’s basically what Fatgunn here says

Quote Originally Posted by Frimelda View Post
    Hello all, I am someone who quit a month into Battle For Azeroth and was thinking of possibly trying the game out again and I was wondering what people currently think of the expansion thus far?
    BfA is the worst expansion IMHO, but it's not terrible.

It's simply a weak expansion PVE content wise and almost all classes/specs play worse than they did in Legion. Both of the new features suck and things like azerite, world quests and even m+ feel like a downgrade from Legion.

Basically the PVE endgame content feels like "Legion 0.5". However PVP-wise BfA is way better than Legion and the art, music, zones and leveling are the best we've ever had.

Much worse version of Legion (which was bad) so... it is dogshit.
    Not worth.

its the first WoW expansion where by far the biggest problem is the class design and class gameplay.

When an RPG game fails to make classes and character progression work properly and be fun then the entire game falls apart.

All the new PVE content, regardless of its quality, is meaningless when the classes are so shallow and boring that i dont want to play any of them for more than a few days.

Add to that that the azerite is a complete failure and anti-fun, and that warfronts and island expeditions are boring dead on arrival junk people already forgot about.

And the whole HvA storyline is awful trash as well, perhaps 8.2 with azshara can improve it but so far it has been awful to experience BFA storyline.

10+ Year Old Account
    It feels like more or less the same game since WoD. I didn't enjoy MoP (mostly thematically), but the current era of WoW more or less began with WoD, despite it not having world quests. Mission tables, world quests, extremely lengthy quests and achievements to unlock races which start at level 1 (I think), refusal to embrace flying as a feature of the game, apathy towards the old game world, gutting of class abilities and TITANFORGING are why I haven't loved the game in many years. I don't hate it, but it certainly hasn't been my main game in a long time. Unless something drastic happens, Classic will likely become my main MMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Much worse version of Legion (which was bad) so... it is dogshit.
    Not worth.
    Agreed. A lot of people seemed to love Legion. Good for them, but to me it just felt like if WoD had content.

I just felt that what the game was asking me to do to enjoy the parts I liked was no longer worth the time commitment. I simply wanted to mythic raid yet to do so I had to farm artifact power for excessive amounts of time in content that I could in all honestly afk through.

It just wasn't worth it to me.

Left during wotlk due to dailies, came back in legion and still playing. I'm raiding heavily though and do some mythic, but note more than that. For someone who casually plays and hate grinding but still want to do challenging content I'm happy. Legion was better though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly it's not really worth it in my opinion.

The story is pretty infuriatingly poor, even for Blizzards standards.
    Music and art is quite good, as usual.
    Everything gameplay related feels incredibly poor.

I've only found two specs thus far that I can enjoy playing, which is Survival Hunter and Havoc DH.
    Havoc is braindead as fuck but atleast has decent pacing.
    Survival has good pacing and a decent bit of nuance, which is nice.

Better than BC, Cataclysm or WoD.
    Not as good as Legion or LK or MoP.

That makes it smack in the middle I suppose.

Pros:
    1. Great story line
    2. Great levelling experience for the most part
    3. Real horde vs alliance storyline - made better with WM.

Cons:
    1. Too long between patches
    2. New systems (Warfronts and Expeditions) are lame
    3. Azerite armour might replace tier pieces, but what on earth can replace our legion artefact ?
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2019-04-23 at 10:35 AM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Friend convinced me we should give it a try he quit in MOP I quit mid WOD, he didn't make it a full month (his beef was the class design) and I did a 3 months sub and it ran out at the end of march with little urge to keep going, IMO the classes design sucked (biggest fault), the scaling sucks, professions are blah.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    IMO the classes design sucked (biggest fault), the scaling sucks, professions are blah.
    Curious - what specifically about class sucks ? I think they are awesome at the moment (gear seems to be a bigger issue right now)

Scaling provides more top level content - not sure how that can suck.

Professions ... do they still have them

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frimelda View Post
    Hello all, I am someone who quit a month into Battle For Azeroth and was thinking of possibly trying the game out again and I was wondering what people currently think of the expansion thus far?
    Nothing has changed since you went away apart from the release of a new tier, which is a good raid, at least the later half. If you want to gear your character up a bit easier and have some casual fun, that side hasn't changed much.

Personally I have been doing the horde campaign on an alt on my off-days and enjoying it but I'm still raiding too.

I think what you play will dictate how much fun you have, for me druid is one of the better classes right now, with a lot of variety with Azerite and good talents, some classes aren't so lucky.

The music, art, voice work, humour and some of the story is as good as ever.

i play a warlock (mostly demo and destro), gameplay wise its a bit better than legion for me, since neither demo nor destro didnt lose much by droping their artifacts and legendaries, and the specs themself feel better to play (demo especially), overall the expansion to me personaly feels just like legion, except they swapped tier sets with azerite armor (swapped one boring passive bonus for another, atleast on azerite i can chose my boring passive bonus)

so overall i feel the same as in legion, just a different story setting
    Last edited by valky94; 2019-04-23 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Curious - what specifically about class sucks ? I think they are awesome at the moment (gear seems to be a bigger issue right now)

Honestly the classes just seem drab compared to even the watered down version in WOD, almost boring to play, and I really don't need open world mobs scaling with me, seems pointless to level up and have the mobs level with me, after I hit max level other than world bosses or special areas it should be trivial. (the garbage scaling they use is even worse from 119 to 120 you feel weaker after you ding till you mash out about a 320 I think gear level).
    *at lower levels I miss going to other areas with the mobs a bit higher for a little challenge if I wanted, if the scaling was optional I would not mind it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

Because we used to have so many more interesting interactions and decisions within the specs themselves.

I'll pull an example I've been using regarding a spec that's on paper quite similar to the older version, but with a fundamental difference.
    Destruction warlock.
    In the current iteration, you can engage a boss and do the same rotation for 10 minutes without any variation or anything to consider besides "does the fight have adds? If so use Havoc." You don't have any procs, you don't have any influx of anything really that will give you a decision to gamble some resources for more damage or not.
    The MoP variant of destruction had pretty much the same spells, but it also had Shadowburn baseline.
    Just from having that in your toolkit gave you an incentive to look at every single fight and figure out how you could game it as much as possible, because Havoc and Shadowburn sniping adds could either net you an entire set of resources to dump for a mini-burst phase, or split damage onto the boss target for very efficient damage.

Classes and specs feel empty because any and all tools that had to do with manipulating resources or working around resources in some manner have been pruned to hell and back, most procs have been outright removed and all manner of player choice and agency is just gone.
    People are angry because the specs that used to have things that spiced up a rotation or gave players a choice to gamble and maybe win big, or fall flat and lose their resources are just.. gone.

Basically, what used to be atleast a rollercoaster is now a flat railroad.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Cata and WoD were still worse for me.

It isn't a good as WotLK or MoP for me ... I didn't play enough of BC to give an opinion on it.

It is like a weaker Legion for me.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Personally I think its the worst expansion to date. They want us to go out there in the world to farm mindnumblingly boring WQ's for stupid reputation which also btw is time gated.. let me freaking play when I can.. if I want to farm rep for 12h a day because I have time to do so then let me.

Then comes class design..
    Quote Originally Posted by azazal View Post
    my main issue is the class design, it doesn't matter how much content you throw at me when the playing experience is complete garbage because of the gutting that happend from legion.
    Exactly this.. well for me I want them to revert class design back to wrath or cata. Glory days.