Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The game isn't really any different than it was a month after release. There's more story, if you're into that, but so far the end game mechanics are the same. A few raids are out now, which are cool, but if you didn't enjoy your class at launch you're unlikely to feel much different right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’d put it into the same bin as the other expansions that pushed me towards taking an extended break. TBC, MoP, WoD and now BfA.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently it is alright, pretty mediocre. Not mediocre for a WoW expansion, but rather mediocre for a game in general.

Its pretty much the worst thing i can say about the game. Will you be entertained? Proberly. Will you feel like you are playing a good game you will remember? Proberly not.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Currently is fine, even though I barely play, but there are problems which need to be addressed asap:

• Artifacts ( in legion it was a weapon, now a neck ) should be an account thing. The more you play, regardless the character you use, the more the item grows.
    • Ranked PvP should be something totally apart from the rest of the game. No Equip, No racial traits, No professions. Just Aesthetic stuff like skins, pets, mounts, titles, toys, etc...
    • Mythic afflixes could be totally reworked into specific afflixes, depends the dungeon you are in ( Just check RIO to see that many dungeons have a record with a specific afflix, skittish/bloostering apart ofc , because "that week", un/fortunately you will have an easy/hard mode with a specific dungeon.
      Or if you don't care about balance in wow, a random tier of afflixes every time you join a mythic 10+ or higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Frimelda View Post
    Hello all, I am someone who quit a month into Battle For Azeroth and was thinking of possibly trying the game out again and I was wondering what people currently think of the expansion thus far?
    extremly strong expansion - havent had that much plaing since Cata/MoP.

and the fact how people whine on forums about it is just cherry on top of my enjoyment of this expansion

the more toxic elitest leave the game the better.

worst expansion ever, not much worse than Legion tho

so maybe if you one of those, ahem, people, that liked Legion then you might like BFA

beyond shit. it doesnt matter how much content they make, the core of the game is broken---

miles ahead of wod, a few steps back from Legion. BfA is on MoP levels to me. MoP is probably my favorite expansion (next to wotlk) because i enjoyed the lore in MoP, and i was on a pretty decent raid team back then so that made the expansion very enjoyable for me.

BfA is aight, just wish they had more class specific questing and lore like Legion had
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd just come back in 8.2 when theres more content

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Will you be entertained? Proberly. Will you feel like you are playing a good game you will remember? Proberly not.
    that's about right.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

BFA is a good solo player RPG (IMO). If you've got friends you can group/raid with then great, if not... eh. I spend more time on alts doing solo content (World Quests, Incursions, Warfronts) then I spend on my main.

People either love or hate Mythic +. I'm in the latter group. It's extremely toxic to pug and outside of raids I'm rarely online when my guildies are so don't bother. Especially for Alts as the Welfare gear is more than enough to keep them relevant.

Heart of Azeroth is better than early Legion Artifacts but worse than late legion IMHO. While AK is quite high at the moment, so is the ilvl of catchup gear so it's easy for new alts to spend a fair amount of time with their Azerite Armor as glorified stat sticks as they don't have the neck level required to unlock any traits. You'll quickly unlock traits on the 330-350 Emissary Blues, but the 385-400 gear (easy to obtain) will take a while to fully unlock on fresh alts... or new players. There's also (iirc) about 25ilvls of neck upgrades gated behind rep to contend with.

All in all, BFA feels like Legion 2.0 with a weaker story. It's not bad, but it's not good either.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2019-04-23 at 12:16 PM.

Hello all, I am someone who quit a month into Battle For Azeroth and was thinking of possibly trying the game out again and I was wondering what people currently think of the expansion thus far?
    Don't waste your time and money.
    BFA was trash the moment it released, it's still trash today and it will continue to be trash until the next expansion.

Simple as that

Unfortunately, our community has a tendency to go its the best or the worst.

Its neither. Its not Wrath or Legion, but its not WoD. I'd put it on par with Cataclysm.

What kind of people play the same game non-stop for over a decade? Crazy people, that's who. I take breaks whenever I get over it, and I play it when i'm in the mood again. Don't let this forum convince you, subscribe for a month and give it a shot again. People on MMO-Champ take it WAAAAY to seriously. I took a break after uldir, came back a month ago, and I'm loving it .

Quote Originally Posted by Garkosh View Post
    Unfortunately, our community has a tendency to go its the best or the worst.

Its neither. Its not Wrath or Legion, but its not WoD. I'd put it on par with Cataclysm.

What kind of people play the same game non-stop for over a decade? Crazy people, that's who. I take breaks whenever I get over it, and I play it when i'm in the mood again. Don't let this forum convince you, subscribe for a month and give it a shot again. People on MMO-Champ take it WAAAAY to seriously. I took a break after uldir, came back a month ago, and I'm loving it .
    Nobody plays non-stop for over a decade. Everyone takes a couple weeks or months break sometimes. This time tho I'm taking a definitive break until WoW Classic comes out. At least Cataclysm, for better or worse, offered tons of new content with the old world revamp, made it interesting to level again, had two new ACTUAL races along with starting zones, and had zones more beautiful than BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Curious - what specifically about class sucks ? I think they are awesome at the moment (gear seems to be a bigger issue right now)

Scaling provides more top level content - not sure how that can suck.

Professions ... do they still have them
    No more artifact traits, no more artifact, no more artifact ability, no more class specific legendaries. All in all it feels like we got a lot weaker compared to Legion and that fucking sucks.

The lack of a well structured reward system is my greatest issue, I get if you want the absolute best gear to be an RNG roll, but the gearing process would definetly benefit from having pvp/pve currency armor vendors.

Other than that, the expansion feels overall fine to me, not too much successful novelty though I still believe in the potential of expeditions... Otherwise this is just Legion but with a far less epic expansion theme.

Allied races are a success imo, particularly for Altoholics and roleplayers, hoping that the feature carries forward despite the Actibli$$ complaints.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    It's strange, I'm playing the game less than any expansion this time around, even less than WoD... I just don't see the point, nor do I have the motivation to. I don't know if that's because it's a bad game or I'm just growing out of it. I can't say for certain.
    It is the game.. not the age. How Come wow is the only game i quit when it always have been mye favourite game.

It's ok. Still better than Legion but class design is still a huge issue and has been since MoP.

5+ Year Old Account
    Average. It's not as bad as people make it out to be, but it's not consistently engaging/fun. I would advise people to come back during the last few patches, because they'd likely have a lot of fun with so much to do.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Horrible class design.

Not their worst product overall, but it's definitely far from where the quality should be with their resources.

Depends what you enjoy in WoW. If it's good class design then stay out of it. If you like raid regardless of how your class plays then you'll have fun. If you enjoy turning your brain off to do content so easy it doesn't even show up in the difficulty curve then you'll have fun.

If you like well made video games you should look somewhere else.