Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VanishingAct View Post
    IMG]https://i.imgur.com/SKFNJ2P.jpg[/IMG]
    Thank you for showing this to the world. Everyone must hear of this. Imagine having to play a character in a videogame that's colored. Or having to play a female character that is wearing armor that protects vital organs. I just don't understand these corporations trying to appeal to a larger customer base. They should only keep indulging their existing playerbase.

Look I judge people as individuals and I'm not racist, homophobic or misogynistic. I just don't like it when people ask questions like: "Can we have some more diversity in video characters? Some people might like it." As I said, I don't care what gender, sexual orientation or skin color someone has. But if a video game has like one of each category that's pandering SJW bullshit and that just upsets me.

I've got a sneaking suspicion that all of this SJW bullshit is a huge plot by leftists (that by now have infiltrated almost all mainstream media and tech companies!) to bring down white men like me. White men like me are what made western civilization so great (just overlook the fact that I had no part in all of that) and these leftists want to replace us via mass immigration (I read a study from a totally unbiased source that didn't "misinterpret" data that did the math!) to bring about the destruction of The West!

Globalists, empowered by the outrage mobs who are useful idiots to anyone who wants to ban anything politically inconvenient. Look at this section, half the threads are by outrage posters, and we wonder why the internet is under threat?

If you make a pro-free speech thread on MMO-champion you will get posters calling you a nazi or some sort of extremist. The oncoming internet censorship is a direct reflection of the mentally ill millennial generation that is increasingly influencing politics via social media.

Quote Originally Posted by dippinsawse View Post
    What is the equal and opposite reaction to someone saying something you don't like? It certainly isn't to attack them or try to remove their rights to say things in general. The equal reaction is to say similar things back or to think less of that person or walk away from them/block them. Words aren't violence.
    While it’s hard to calculate the equal and opposite reaction to such a complex action, you clearly deflect on just one part of my statement. Your freedom of speech is predicated on the limitation of my freedom to slap you silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Oh I agree the right would not be better. It’s why I see both as religious zealots at this point (at least the ones being extreme)
    Jordan Peterson explained how the left and right are needed to balance the system. This is no different. We just let the left go too far. We need(ed) an internet bill of rights or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    The point being this isn't a real issue. It's not like it's ever going to be okay for an internet platform to dox its users.
    Ok. What does that have to do with anything I wrote?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dippinsawse View Post
    Evil people + stupid people = taking away your free will in the name of preventing the .0001% chance you might do something to harm the stupid people (but in actuality it's to stop you from doing something that challenges the goals of the evil people).
    Me likey this.

Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    How did we get here and more importantly is there anyway to return the internet to its glory days?
    Those glory days were such because people on the internet were adults (not just legally). This also answers your question: immature edgelords happened.

Personally, I'm ready to own every opinion I express online. I already do on Facebook.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Who's in charge of the EU, the left or the right?
    The right, actually. The largest voting block has for some time been the alliance of Christian-Democratic parties.

How did we get to where we are now? A world were there is a strong push towards real-id systems where it is getting harder and harder to just have fun.

You want to banter in a video game? The company will stalk you on twitter and facebook and ban you like overwatch.
    You want to share a controversial opinion? In Germany they arrest you.
    You want to jerk off? Need a license for that in the UK.
    You commit "hate speech" a nebulous term no two people can agree on what exactly it means? Your bank cuts you off from your accounts...

Just what the hell happened? Is this just a case of thousand cuts over a long period of time that no one really noticed? Is there anyway to reverse this trend especially since it seems major finical institutions seem to pull services from sights that allow things they find offensive.

How did we get here and more importantly is there anyway to return the internet to its glory days?
    Back in the day you had to connect through your phone, so the cost was pretty bad and obviously you couldn't really be connected 24/7.

Now it's cheap and we're connected at all times, it means we spent more time online than offline, it means internet has become real life. For businesses and shit it's more important to silence people online than offline, because online people have more reach and influence than offline.

Internet is bigger than real life, this is where we are now, this is the difference.

There is absolutely no way to go back to what it was, the evolution keeps on evolving. It can get better, or way worse. My money is on "way worse".

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Hardly Right-wing when they pander to the Left incessantly.
    The UK government is the most far right it has been in the three decades I've been alive, and they're essentially controlled by the hard right religious extremist DUP due to the slim majority in parliament. May tried ot work with Corbyn on the Brexit thing but they wouldn't compromise. The UK government does not pander to the left wing in the slightest.
    RETH

I don't know if the extreme right is any better they just hate slightly different things from my perspective.
    The extreme right wouldn't want censorship anyway since it would be easier to target people when they give out their thoughts for free, commie shit is ONLY coming from the left.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Bit funny you say that, considering the UK and Germany both have right wing governments right now.
    LOL, they are leftist, in UK they push for whole gender equality shit everywhere, Police is full of LBGT 'support' and government still give out money to chevs which will never work, but they will make babies instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

By your logic it's the rights fault in America. They have been in control for the past 2 years
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

May tried ot work with Corbyn on the Brexit thing but they wouldn't compromise.
    Suprise surprise, communist does not want to help with leaving s̶o̶v̶i̶e̶t̶ european union ...

The UK government does not pander to the left wing in the slightest.
    XD you know nothing Jon Snow ...
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Neither, but the majority is right wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    By your logic it's the rights fault in America. They have been in control for the past 2 years
    It is not easy to resolve shit left did for 30-40 years ...

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    SO the left has been pushing internet agenda for 30-40 years?

Are you hubcap? Only he general says things with absolutely 0 thought behind them.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

How did we get to where we are now? A world were there is a strong push towards real-id systems where it is getting harder and harder to just have fun.
    You want to share a controversial opinion? In Germany they arrest you.
    You commit "hate speech" a nebulous term no two people can agree on what exactly it means? Your bank cuts you off from your accounts...
    If your idea of "having fun" calling people vermin that deserve to be eradicated from the earth or maybe raped to death because of a physical appearance or religious affilation. I don't know what to tell you, because that's the level of "banter" you need to pull off in order to face the consequences you are fearmongerin about. Just be a normal fucking person and none of this boogeyman shit you're dreaming up in your echo chamber will affect you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    What? How can someone even suggest that "the left" has been "doing shit" in the US for three to four decades? Are you somehow suggesting that the several republican presidents somehow were in collusion with the ghost of chairman Mao or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it pretty easy to stay anonymous on the internet and shitpost without facing big brother backlash. But I also don't larp as a fascist fraternizing with genuine crazy extremists. Calling people faggots on 4chan is low of the list of the watch lists.

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Like, don't be an asshole online?

Is that so hard?
    - Dare not to sleep -

10+ Year Old Account
    what happened was draenei starting posting nudes of themselves on the internet and it all went downhill from there @Celista.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    While it’s hard to calculate the equal and opposite reaction to such a complex action, you clearly deflect on just one part of my statement. Your freedom of speech is predicated on the limitation of my freedom to slap you silly.
    I don't think it is complex. Physically attacking someone is nowhere near equivalent to saying something mean.

Saying that your ability to attack someone is restricted isn't a viable argument for demanding that speech be more limited than it is. Speech is already limited in situations that it could reasonably cause undue harm to someone else. Just because you could apply unequal force at your own discretion if there were no rules at all it doesn't mean it makes sense to restrict things you don't like so that you never feel like you are put in a situation where you want to overreact to what someone else did to scare them into behaving how you want them to.

People have the right to free expression because no one should have the right to decide what behavior is acceptable for others as long as it doesn't cause actual harm to people. Punching someone because you disagree with them or they annoyed you is not something you are allowed to do because it does cause harm to them and you are punishing them for behavior you do not have a right to control.
    Last edited by dippinsawse; 2019-04-23 at 02:57 PM.