View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Nobody from the UK could say this seriously and with a straight face. The UK is kinda known for the British Empire and ruling most of the world at some point, it was kind of a thing. And Leavers are known for being delusional fools that still think we should be the mighty Empire we once were, despite that being a literal impossibility.

You're either not actually from the UK or, you're so far off the reservation you've lost any and all mental faculties.
    It's a common view all over the EU, openly discussed.

In France The French cannot support 'EU EMPIRE anymore!'

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...elections-2019

In Germany ‘The EU is an empire’

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/0...-is-an-empire/

Are you even from Planet Earth? Or just blind?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    So you think they will make one more vote? If the first vote dont count why would the second? Why not make a third? Its people in power that force their way until they get what they want as always. Why even have a vote when there is no democracy
    So, just out of curiousity, if you buy a train ticket to some wonderful place promised by certain people to be the most beautiful site on the planet, as soon as you found out there are no train tracks and the train is just a cardboard box with "trayne" written on it, would you still hop on?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    It's a common view all over the EU, openly discussed.

In France The French cannot support 'EU EMPIRE anymore!'

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...elections-2019

Are you even from Planet Earth? Or just blind?
    Le Pen being quoted in the express. Strike one of proving your stupidity and conspiracy theorist nutjob.

Spiked a nutjob site pretending to be news. Strike two for conspiracy nutjob

All the calling for war, claiming the eu is some kind of tyranical overlord, and all the other crazed stuff that if you were even a centrist would have got you banned. Not excused by the chief mod here who is a far right crazed loon as a "legit alternate political view." is strike 3 - 200.

Meanwhile although old this is Farage true colours. Far right nutter who on health wants full American style. Where it's fuck the poor love the super rich.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...2cfRMuwb2emqsw
    Last edited by Kallisto; 2019-04-23 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Le Pen being quoted in the express. Strike one of proving your stupidity and conspiracy theorist nutjob.

All the calling for war, claiming the eu is some kind of tyranical overlord, and all the other crazed stuff that if you were even a centrist would have got you banned. Not excused by the chief mod here who is a far right crazed loon as a "legit alternate political view." is strike 3 - 200.

Meanwhile although old this is Farage true colours. Far right nutter who on health wants full American style. Where it's fuck the poor love the super rich.

Careful, you might get infracted/banned.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

Nothing wrong in that independent article I can see and that's quite a separate debate but many people already use the NHS as provider of last resort.

It is great if you get run over by a bus and excels in an emergency but for routine stuff is pretty awful.

And a proper health debate in the UK is long overdue. For too long poor people have taken advantage of the NHS with free prescriptions for 50p supermarket paracetamol and demanding their babies are diagnosed lactose intolerant for the free prescription milk and so on and so on...

Opening up the UK market to US health insurance policies would be nothing but a plus in driving down, due to the competition, my hideously expensive BUPA premiums...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Careful, you might get infracted/banned.
    Already have for merely quoting what people say to Ion when someone asked what questions they want him to answer in regards to WoW dev Q&As. Yet someone who has called for war with europe, deaths of people, pushed far right conspiracy theories, attacks other posters among other things has never had one infraction. My fuckometer with regard to bans is at 0.

Though unlike some I'll just sit my time out and not make 100000000001 alts like some one in this thread.

Nice to see you quoting a left wing (ex Communist party) commentator for a change! Albeit, the left wing commentator you've quoted is a complete fruitloop:

Streeck remarks that he draws solace from the notion that we’re returning to a world of smaller political units – “we have over 200 nation states now”. What about open borders? “I totally disagree. If you had no borders, you could have no collective property belonging to a society.” He asks: “Would you want Nelson Mandela to be a refugee in Germany? No! He’d be a mail carrier bringing Amazon parcels to your house… he was needed somewhere else.” 2019

spiked-online reminds me of Dribbles. Same wierd reasoning/excuses and fluffy unicorn logic

That dude is really, really not representative of the German public opinion. So no, in Germany "the EU is an empire" is not a correct statement. Especially since Streeck outright ignores the core principles of the EU and would rather revert back to nationalism. Of course a sociopath like Dribs would quote him. He'd fucking quote Hitler, if it helped his cause for anarchy.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Seems He Who Dribbles would happily see people end up bankrupt or die or any number of negative consequences simply because he views them as system abusers and poor. Just as long as his BUPA premiums come down...

Sounds like a right-wing American to me.
    Pretty standard for the UK conservative party (and those parts if it that bled into UKIP and the Brexit Party.) His idols Mogg and Farage are both rich slime-balls who mostly care for Brexit based on what it will do for their bank accounts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Welp this is it tomorrow I leave, quite looking forward to it albeit nervous as hell but it'll be fine I'm escaping the lunacy I will check in this thread whenever I can just to have a giggle at what shit Dribbles dreams up next look after yourselves all. <3
    Good luck hope it goes well for you. Comforting to know that for every remainer that leaves, the UK becomes a more brexity place day by day. So thank you, shame you couldn't take any of your remain mates with you!

Norway isn't you are going to? Damn ironic you are leaving the EU before I do.

Good luck hope it goes well for you. Comforting to know that for every remainer that leaves, the UK becomes a more brexity place day by day. So thank you, shame you couldn't take any of your remain mates with you!

Norway isn't you are going to? Damn ironic you are leaving the EU before I do.
    Dont be too smug and arrogant, it might come back to bite you in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    That dude is really, really not representative of the German public opinion. So no, in Germany "the EU is an empire" is not a correct statement. Especially since Streeck outright ignores the core principles of the EU and would rather revert back to nationalism. Of course a sociopath like Dribs would quote him. He'd fucking quote Hitler, if it helped his cause for anarchy.
    Do you mean "I don't agree with him" or he is really not representative of German public, because given that unified Germany tries to destroy the world every few decades I'm guessing that he (and Hitler) are actually pretty mainstream. Btw How many nazis do you have in the Bundestag now?

- - - Updated - - -

Seems He Who Dribbles would happily see people end up bankrupt or die or any number of negative consequences simply because he views them as system abusers and poor. Just as long as his BUPA premiums come down...

Sounds like a right-wing American to me.
    He doesn't sound American. He sounds like an text algorithm generated out of Express and Mail articles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Nice to see you quoting a left wing (ex Communist party) commentator for a change! Albeit, the left wing commentator you've quoted is a complete fruitloop:

Streeck remarks that he draws solace from the notion that we’re returning to a world of smaller political units – “we have over 200 nation states now”. What about open borders? “I totally disagree. If you had no borders, you could have no collective property belonging to a society.” He asks: “Would you want Nelson Mandela to be a refugee in Germany? No! He’d be a mail carrier bringing Amazon parcels to your house… he was needed somewhere else.” 2019
    Why do you think he is a communist? You do understand it is possible to write about Marxism without necessarily agreeing with it? Or have you been watching Jordan Peterson?

From what I can tell he wrote a book stating that Marxist revolution didn't happen because it was pre-empted Keynes and the welfare state. That sounds like an objective fact. Insofar as it betrays a partisan bias it sounds pro-Keynesian and anti-Marxist.

Ah, if only this was a moderated forum...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by farseetkahn View Post
    Why do you think he is a communist? You do understand it is possible to write about Marxism without necessarily agreeing with it? Or have you been watching Jordan Peterson?

From what I can tell he wrote a book stating that Marxist revolution didn't happen because it was pre-empted Keynes and the welfare state. That sounds like an objective fact. Insofar as it betrays a partisan bias it sounds pro-Keynesian and anti-Marxist.
    His involvement with the then illegal Communist Party drew him to the left. Streeck organised an underground reading group while still at school: “we read the classics; Marx, Trotsky, Lenin”. Ultimately, it was the Soviet Union’s 1968 invasion of Czechoslovakia that deterred Streeck from communist activism (he later joined Germany’s Social Democratic Party). Today he belongs to no party.

It doesn’t really matter but, yep, he was a communist. The point I was highlighting was Mr D’s refreshingly different choice of quote / source.

Ann Widdecombe has announced that she is to return to politics... for Nigel Farage's Brexit party!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48034732

Quote Originally Posted by fnalwathatha View Post
    If it was actually a moderated forum then the moderators would not turn a blind eye to your ad hominems, fairly blatant racism and other very obvious rule transgressions, and there would be very little reason for me to post here.

- - - Updated - - -

Fair comment. I was taking issue with your "fruit loop" statement. There's a worrying trend towards marginalizing any kind of discussion of Marx or communism as extreme even when it is critical.

Btw Half of Tony Blair's cabinet were members of the communist party in the 60's. It didn't impact on their adulthood.
    Yep, sure. To be clear my fruitloop comment was re. the statement I quoted where he referred to Nelson Mandela a) in the present tense and b) as if all immigrants travel to the Europe to work in menial jobs. Offensive or not? I don't know - put my hackles up immediately.

But I still think it's funny that Mr D is now quoting leftist arguments for leaving. So - @ctd12345 Claire Fox. Yep: fringe left and right unite under a common cause. Close our borders!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Yep, sure. To be clear my fruitloop comment was re. the statement I quoted where he referred to Nelson Mandela a) in the present tense and b) as if all immigrants travel to the Europe to work in menial jobs. Offensive or not? I don't know - put my hackles up immediately.

But I still think it's funny that Mr D is now quoting leftist arguments for leaving. So - @ctd12345 Claire Fox. Yep: fringe left and right unite under a common cause. Close our borders!
    You put your left/right arm in
    your left/right arm out
    in, out, in, out
    you shake it all about
    You do the hokey cokey
    and you turn around
    Brexit's what it's all about.

You put your left/right arm in
    your left/right arm out
    in, out, in, out
    you shake it all about
    You do the hokey cokey
    and you turn around
    Brexit's what it's all about.
    lol

I'm trying to think of a response to this, but I can't. You win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Ann Widdecombe has announced that she is to return to politics... for Nigel Farage's Brexit party!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48034732
    Old bag can fuck off for all I care - shes got the usual brexit bullshit stance that Parliament is "frustrating brexit" and not "respecting the referendum" - when its doing its job in stopping the UK crashing into the proverbial shit, which the government are apparently happy to let us do.

If I could get a £1 for every time I see comments like hers - I would be seriously rich by now... Ah shame this isn't reality.

I, along with a good many people in the UK are fast getting tired of of this shit, honestly its clear its never going to work, there is no real plan and none of the red lines the government keep setting can be met and they wont compromise - just revoke and be done with it.

Farage and his bunch of right-wing cronies can do one as well - that guy is so full of hypocritical shit its unreal how people believe a word he says.

Hunter| Warlock | Shaman | Paladin
    "In the light.. We are one"