Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But it can work. A "relaunch" has worked for both NMS and FF14.
    NMS didn't relaunch.

NMA keep updating the current game until it was decent. There is a MASSIVE differeance in a relaunch and a update.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

A Realm Reborn is always the go to with these things but i think people always forget the key element here: branding.

FFXIV 1.0 -or 4.0 as it got joking called based on its average reviewscore- was the last in a long chain of shitshows that happened in "The Decade of Lightning" where a former day one buy, console generation deciding, jaw dropping production value darling of the industry turned into generic 3rd party crap for the most part. There was no 15 on the way and Versus XIII wouldn't be reworked into a frankenstein of a game it turned into for another 2 years. Square Enix was seeing a shift where one of their two core pillar IP's was being written off as simply "something that used to be good". To use EA as an example its like if Fifa turned to shit and the consumer sentiment started to match it. They revamped FF14 because they needed a good final fantasy release and at the time reworking it was easier than rushing a new game out from scratch.

Anthem is not Final Fantasy. Anthem is not even Mass Effect. Its closer in comparison to Platinums Vanquish, Digital Extremes Dark Sector. They don't need to FF14 Anthem. They need to Warframe it. But that took a lot longer than ARR to get where it is and was a huge gamble that also involved reworking Dark Sector into a f2p looter shooter. Bioware wants -so much as they appear to have a concrete idea with this game- to be a pay to play game with a cash shop on top. Those are a lot harder to sell the consumer on and even harder to pull them back into after it has the same rep as No Man's Sky, Fallout 76 or any other critical flop of this gen.

The question of course is does EA even need to have the patience and give them to time to do so? because this is the company whos very ethos is "buy up the competition, exhaust them and run them into the ground and then shut them down". They are a parasite that lies by this practice and if Biowares name isn't worth anything and Anthems rework needs too much time and money and doesnt see any growth then i very much doubt EA will bother purely because this isn't some beloved brand with years of Brand Loyalty Association attached.

lets be real they killed Dead Space and a Warhammer MMORPG for far less.

While I don't think bioware/ea are currently capable of relaunching anthem. I think it could be a big help.

The carrot on a stick that gets people thinking bioware/ea are finally moving in the right direction to get the game to where it needs to be. Real effort on their part. A relaunch would make a huge statement in how gamers perceive where anthem is going for the long run and it's support. That real development is being put back in with a now clear goal to reach. Clear Goals - Something we learned they didn't really have last time.

It might be the one thing that changes most gamers minds about the whole shit show anthem's launch was and the problems it currently has.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    The question of course is does EA even need to have the patience and give them to time to do so? because this is the company whos very ethos is "buy up the competition, exhaust them and run them into the ground and then shut them down". They are a parasite that lies by this practice and if Biowares name isn't worth anything and Anthems rework needs too much time and money and doesnt see any growth then i very much doubt EA will bother purely because this isn't some beloved brand with years of Brand Loyalty Association attached.
    While I agree on your description of EA, the blame for Anthem failure lies more with Bioware itself rather then it's owner.

And while I personally enjoyed Andromeda, consensus is that it sucked and tarnished the public's love for Bioware. Prior the that we had the Marauder shields/ME:3 clusterfuck and now we have Anthem.

Wouldn't be surprised if EA pulled the plug on it tbh.

Unless they have some absolutely stellar content in works I don't see the game recovering anyway, aside from a mediocre campaign the game offers nothing more then flying around a (admittedly pretty) largely empty world fighting enemies who we know pretty much nothing about.

Add to it that the lore for the game is utter trash, what little there actually is.

Patch is dropping tomorrow. I'm traveling so I will not be able to post notes.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    While I don't think bioware/ea are currently capable of relaunching anthem. I think it could be a big help.
    I don't see any need of that. The base game is solid, it just reeeealy needs content. How would a relaunch do any good here? In FF14, as i understand it, they changed the basic structure of the game. That is not necessary here.
    You can deliver content via patches, i just don't know if Bioware is committed to that or if they have already written Anthem off and set their sights on the next Dragon Age game.

Anthem could be a really good game if they would commit to pump out content at an increased rate but sadly we see the opposite, they don't even get to fullfill their meager roadmap.

I really would like to know what happened at bioware after the kotaku article. I can understand that the PR and Management were in crisis mode but it can't have really affected the development team, they already knew what was going on. But still it seems that nobody did anything for a whole month. What happened there?

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I don't see any need of that. The base game is solid, it just reeeealy needs content. How would a relaunch do any good here?
    At this point I think anthem has such a bad reputation as a game that a relaunch could change the perception of the game and just how much commitment bioware/ea might have to get things back on track sooner than later. For the many that compare it to NMS, waiting years to get it to even to a mediocre place isn't good. A relaunch could change perceptions about the whole game as it would get compared to FF14 and that worked wonders.

A good base game could easily play into that relaunch. Continuing to wait and wait these days just isn't a good thing combined with the other issues the game has with bugs and what not in various forms and places, issues with loot as well as lack of content. It's a consistent reminder of how bad the game was at launch and how weak it is in areas to this day and thats before we get into new bugs because they are patching. Any major setback even as biwoare patches in whatever, will not go well at this point because the game was released in such bad shape. Content alone wont be enough but it will help.

I really would like to know what happened at bioware after the kotaku article. I can understand that the PR and Management were in crisis mode but it can't have really affected the development team, they already knew what was going on. But still it seems that nobody did anything for a whole month. What happened there?
    I'm curious as well. It's one of those instances where I'd have loved to been that proverbial fly on the wall. However, I think the article affected everyone at bioware in some way even developers. No way they were skipped in managements changes and discussions. When information like that is leaked to a reporter you can bet everyone is involved when management makes a move.

At this point I think anthem has such a bad reputation as a game that a relaunch could change the perception of the game and just how much commitment bioware/ea might have to get things back on track sooner than later. For the many that compare it to NMS, waiting years to get it to even to a mediocre place isn't good. A relaunch could change perceptions about the whole game as it would get compared to FF14 and that worked wonders.
    But they would have to change something major during that time. If they take Anthem offline for 6 months to a year and then come back and it's the same game, just with more content people would laugh at them even more. And if they change the base game they will lose the people that sticked to them up to this point.
    I don't think that would be wise. And since many vocal people really hate Anthem at this point (just look at the subreddit, people want to actively damage the game there, it's absurd) i doubt a relaunch would change anything.
    Í think the best way for them to go forward (if they actually want to support the game) is the Rainbow Six route.
    But as it looks they won't be doing either of that.

I'm curious as well. It's one of those instances where I'd have loved to been that proverbial fly on the wall. However, I think the article affected everyone at bioware in some way even developers. No way they were skipped in managements changes and discussions. When information like that is leaked to a reporter you can bet everyone is involved when management makes a move.
    But still the reaction can't be "We don't do anything anymore". They are a multimilion dollar company, it's mind-boggeling. The devs still went to work every day and spend there 8 hours (or whatever), what did they do all the time? Was there one mandatory emergency meeting after the other?
    Plus they stopped all communication. Yes the article was bad but you'd expect professional PR people to quickly launch a counter offensive and try to calm and keep your players.
    To did nothing for a whole month.. it's just amazing, just like the dev stream and the cut cable... It's like their a 2 man indy company.

A good base game could easily play into that relaunch. Continuing to wait and wait these days just isn't a good thing combined with the other issues the game has with bugs and what not in various forms and places, issues with loot as well as lack of content. It's a consistent reminder of how bad the game was at launch and how weak it is in areas to this day and thats before we get into new bugs because they are patching. Any major setback even as biwoare patches in whatever, will not go well at this point because the game was released in such bad shape. Content alone wont be enough but it will help.

the game may have had a rocky start but its primary issue is content, there is not much variety, overall the gameplay is good and the different suits offer a little bit different gameplay, even division 2 doesnt have much more actual content.

Anthem is one of those games just like division/destiny where you play until you have improved your char the best you can or your bored with the content, then you wait a few months until more is released and repeat the cycle.

Seems like you hate the game way too much, it provides easily 70 hours gameplay before things start getting too repetitive and thats more than worth the money.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    the game may have had a rocky start but its primary issue is content, there is not much variety, overall the gameplay is good and the different suits offer a little bit different gameplay, even division 2 doesnt have much more actual content.

Anthem is one of those games just like division/destiny where you play until you have improved your char the best you can or your bored with the content, then you wait a few months until more is released and repeat the cycle.

Seems like you hate the game way too much, it provides easily 70 hours gameplay before things start getting too repetitive and thats more than worth the money.

The new stronghold should help. Continuing to improve the loot system is necessary and some kind of pilot specific talent/advancement thing that was on the road map for this month I think would help a lot. Right now the xp stuff is really pointless and even if it is something basic like paragon levels could help give you something to work on.

But they would have to change something major during that time. If they take Anthem offline for 6 months to a year and then come back and it's the same game, just with more content people would laugh at them even more. And if they change the base game they will lose the people that sticked to them up to this point.
    I don't think that would be wise. And since many vocal people really hate Anthem at this point (just look at the subreddit, people want to actively damage the game there, it's absurd) i doubt a relaunch would change anything.
    Í think the best way for them to go forward (if they actually want to support the game) is the Rainbow Six route.
    But as it looks they won't be doing either of that.
    you wouldn't have to change the base game but if it went offline for 6 months to a year and major polish happened. The world was fleshed out with those active events. Simple things like chat was added. Of course more content added along with bug squashing. Something could be said for a relaunch that just simply patching over months and months doesn't do. That being changing how gamers see a screwed up game that launched so terribly. At this point, I'd wager a relaunch could change minds about the game where patching wont cut it in the long run.

I just think that way to much damage was done with such a bad launch and all the continued problems anthem had weeks after combined with the continued content issues, same looking loot etc... that something big needs to happen to get people back on board. Slow patching wont cut it.

Now, in saying that, do I think a relaunch would happen? Hell, no.

But still the reaction can't be "We don't do anything anymore". They are a multimilion dollar company, it's mind-boggeling. The devs still went to work every day and spend there 8 hours (or whatever), what did they do all the time? Was there one mandatory emergency meeting after the other?
    Plus they stopped all communication. Yes the article was bad but you'd expect professional PR people to quickly launch a counter offensive and try to calm and keep your players. To did nothing for a whole month.. it's just amazing, just like the dev stream and the cut cable... It's like their a 2 man indy company.
    It's an interesting way to handle things for sure. Staying silent isn't doing them much good from what I can tell. It'shows a rather lack of interest in what the gamers still have issues with, be it big or small. However, I still think no one at bioware got skipped in the managements blow back from that article. All internal of course and not sent by an email (as we have already seen someone is willing to leak those as well). Everything verbal and I wouldn't be shocked if no one was allowed to bring cellphones to those meetings.
    Last edited by quras; 2019-04-23 at 03:58 PM.

https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/news/patch-110

Patch notes are live, copypastaing but haven't read them yet -

New Features

The Sunken Cell stronghold is now available to all players who have completed the main story (critical path).
    Added the ability to select contracts from the start of expedition screen rather than going to the individual contract boards in Fort Tarsis or in the Launch Bay.
    Added the ability to launch a new mission from the end of expedition screen without having to return to Fort Tarsis or the Launch Bay.
    Added the ability to access the Forge during Missions, Strongholds and Freeplay. You can now change your gear without having to return to Fort Tarsis or the Launch Bay!

General Notes

Added additional cortex entries to explain combo, detonator, and primer abilities.
    Added new Universal Masterwork Components
    Extended Sniper Magazine: Adds specialized storage for enhanced sniper rifle ammunition. Increases damage by 30% of base damage. Increases maximum magazine size of sniper rifles by a large amount.
    Rapid Hollow Points: Adds specialized ammo storage for machine pistols and autocannons. Increases damage by 30%. Increases weak point damage of machine pistols and autocannons.
    Extended Special Arms Magazine: Adds specialized ammo storage for heavy pistols and grenade launchers. Increases damage by 30%. Increases maximum magazine size of heavy pistols and grenade launchers by a large amount.
    Added primer/detonator icons in the cortex next to gear entries.
    Fixed a bug where “Legendary Freelancer” Javelin challenge objectives weren’t completing correctly in the challenge journal.
    Resolved an issue where players were being kicked back to Fort Tarsis when loading into quickplay missions.
    Fixed a problem where the “Arcanist Loyalty 3" trophy could not granted on Playstation 4.
    Fixed an issue where notifications for challenges were not appearing correctly.
    Resolved an issue where after respawning, you could be downed again prior to re-loading back in fully.
    Added STT (Speech-to-Text) and TTS (Text-to-Speech) on all platforms.

GAMEPLAY BALANCE ADJUSTMENTS

Masterwork Weapons

Retaliation of Garretus - Trajector Machine Pistol
    Increased bonus from 200% to 400%
    Rolling Carnage - Vengeance Shotgun
    Increased bonus from 50% stacking 3 times, to 83.33% stacking 3 times.
    The Last Stand - Mauler Autocannon
    Increased bonus from 200% to 225%
    Fist of Stral - Cloudburst Autocannon
    Increased bonus from 10% stacking 10 times, to 16% stacking 10 times.
    Unending Battle - Fulcrum Machine Pistol
    Increased bonus from 110% to 135%
    Death From Above - Guardian Marksman Rifle
    Increased bonus from 65% to 235%
    Wyvern Blitz - Deadeye Sniper Rifle
    Increased bonus from 40% to 185%
    Masterwork Gear

Colossus:
    Final Judgment - HE Mortar
    Increased bonus from 35% to 55%
    Fist of the Crucible - Flamethrower
    Increased bonus from 12% *10 to 24% *10
    Interceptor
    Serpent’s Veil - Venom Bomb
    Increased bonus from 100% to 202.5%
    Ruthless Stalker - Searching Glaive
    Increased bonus from 60% to 110%
    Bitter Harvest - Cluster Mine
    Increased bonus from 60% to 110%
    Ranger
    Cold Blooded - Frost Grenade
    Increased bonus from 235% to 270%
    Avenger’s Boon - Pulse Blast
    Increased bonus from 210 % to 220%
    Storm
    Ponder Infinity - Lightning Strike
    Increased bonus from 60% to 165%
    Chaotic Rime - Frost Shards
    Increased bonus from 125% to 250%
    Gear

Friendly player projectiles should now be able to pass through Javelins in your squad.
    Colossus’ Firewall Mortar should now more reliably spawn the Firewall effect when directly hitting enemies, sloped surfaces, or next to walls.
    Status Effects / Combos

Delay between when players and creatures are frozen and when the visual effect is applied has been reduced to improve readability of the status effect.
    If a player applies a status effect that already exists on a target, but the new status effect has a higher damage than the existing one, the damage will now scale to that higher value.
    Players who prime targets for combos will now also see the “Combo” text when detonated by another player.
    Increased the damage of the Electric status effect when applied to creatures.
    BUG FIXES

Creatures

Fixed additional issues where the Titan fireball projectile attack was hitting players when they successfully dodged/evaded.
    Fixed an issue where the Titan would not always use all of its available attacks.
    Javelins

Adjusted environmental lightning strikes to not target javelins directly as frequently.
    Fixed an issue where the predicted gear score was inaccurate if you were selecting to equip a higher tier component than was currently equipped.
    Fixed a bug where the Colossus shield wouldn’t appear when deployed to other players in the squad.
    Resolved several issues where status effects remained on the player far longer than the actual effect (e.g. the Frozen status effect appearing on the javelin after the effect has ended).
    Fixed a bug where the Storm’s shield did not get the intended 20% damage resistance increase while hovering.
    Fixed a bug where the Interceptor Ultimate attack would not chain when holding the fire button instead of holding the melee button.
    Gear

Bulwark Point now properly gets duration increases from utility duration bonus inscriptions.
    Fixed a bug where Interceptor melee gear was not going on cooldown when used in air.
    Fixed an issue where explosive projectiles were not affecting destructible combat objects (e.g. scar bunkers).
    Fixed a problem where the Storm’s Seal of the Open Mind Masterwork would incorrectly allow a player to fire 3 charges when the UI only showed 2 available.
    Fixed a bug where gear recharge progress could be lost if you used a charge while additional charges were being restored.
    Components

Fixed an error where the Masterwork Colossus Stock Augment had a lower base % increase than its non-Masterwork counterparts. (Increased from 5% to 35%).
    Fixed the Ranger Grenadier Component text to properly display the stat value %.
    Fixed a problem with the Special Arms Ammo component not properly increasing grenade launcher damage.
    Status Effects / Combos

Fixed some instances where multiple players contributing to a single status effect would see incorrect floating values
    Fixed an issue where you could receive a status effect from a creature attack while invulnerable.
    Weapons

Fixed a problem where the Legion of Dawn rifle disappears from the forge while in the Launch Bay
    Fixed a bug where ammo pick-ups weren’t restoring any ammo in the current magazine for the Devastator Sniper Rifle.
    Fixed the Striker’s Balance weapon so that the weapon accuracy and projectile trajectory should be corrected when the bonus is applied.
    Corrected Torrent Autocannon description text to match current functionality.
    Fixed a bug where Avenging Herald was incorrectly applying its bonus damage to secondary weapons while holstered. This bonus is now only active when Avenging Herald is the active weapon.
    All Devastator Sniper Rifle weakpoint hit multipliers have been corrected to a 1.75 multiplier.
    Text Descriptions

Updated “Critical Damage” to “Weakpoint Damage” in any text descriptions.
    Updated “Impact Dmg” to “Kinetic Dmg” in any text descriptions.
    Updated “Impact Resist” to “Kinetic Resist” in any text descriptions.
    Corrected formatting on the inscription values for Overheat Delay Recovery, Thruster Delay Recovery, and Weap Reload Speed so they no longer have multiple +/- values.
    Removed text from the Masterwork Flamethrower which indicated that it was a detonator when it is not.
    Fort Tarsis

Removed the duplicate second pistol from Argentum Tran's Sidearm case after completing the Freelancer Reputation Rewards - Level 3.
    Elysian Key marker over daily challenges no longer disappears on returning to Fort Tarsis.
    Fixed an issue where Yarrow’s final conversation could play too early in some scenarios.
    Removed Dax from the background of a conversation where you are told she went out to get some tea.
    Fixed an issue where Commander Vule left the frame during a conversation with Brin and the player.
    Fixed an issue where Jarek Arnel’s arm clipped badly into the wall.
    Resolved an issue where you were told that your squad was waiting on you to ready up, when it wasn’t true.
    Resolved an issue where Faye wasn’t shown in a cinematic scene that she is speaking in with Haluk.
    Fixed various spelling and grammatical errors in the journal and library entries.
    Freeplay

Fixed an issue where targeted creatures in freeplay would lose their target icon if you flew too far away from the arena and returned.
    Fixed an issue where sentinels disappeared from the Sentinel Support World Event, making it impossible to complete the event.
    Fixed an issue where you couldn’t progress in the Tombs of the Legionnaires quest if one member of your squad had not unlocked that quest yet.
    Fixed an issue where you couldn’t interact with and enter the Tomb of Artinia when you had completed the requirements to unlock it.
    Picking up some collectible archives were limited to the player that interacted with them. Now all players within 100m of the player collecting the archive will automatically collect the archive as well.
    Fixed an issue where turrets could spawn too far away from the world event location.
    Fixed an issue where being downed in the Arcanist Korox Study world event would not reset properly when you came back.
    Strongholds

Downed players are now automatically revived when the stronghold boss is defeated.
    Temple of the Scar: Fixed an issue where the fog wall visual effect remained, even though it didn’t actually prevent the player from progressing.
    Temple of the Scar: Fixed an issue where the player could escape the world near the waterfall.
    Tyrant Mine: Prevented turrets from spawning in the second area before players were led there and the rest of the enemies had spawned in to fix an exploit.
    Heart of Rage: Fixed an issue where enemies could be trapped behind a fog wall, preventing the player from progressing.
    Critical Path and Legendary Missions

Heart of Rage: Fixed an issue where killing the titan without entering the arena would cause you to respawn backwards, making it impossible to advance and complete the mission.
    Legendary Incursion: Fixed an issue where the plot wouldn’t advance after listening to the recording.
    Legendary Missions: Fixed an issue where the final chest would never appear at the end of the mission if you were too far away from the chest.
    Legendary Fortress of Dawn: Fixed an issue for the second trial where the plot would break if one player was slow to load in and the other player ran ahead.
    Legendary Freelancer Down: Fixed an issue where the plot wouldn’t progress until all members of the squad had reached the specified point.
    Legendary Finding Old Friends: Fixed an issue where enemies could be stuck behind a fog wall, preventing the plot from progressing.
    Fixed an issue where the notification of Legendary Missions being unlocked after completing the critical path was not displaying.
    Legendary Lost Arcanist: Fixed an issue where the Escari was teleporting around too frequently.
    Legendary Freelancer Down: Fixed a respawn point that was very far away from the objective.
    Contract - Freelancer Work: Fixed an issue where the step to protect the Arcanists wasn’t working correctly when joining through Quick Play.
    Quick reading through:

Only the stronghold for new content, no word on anything beyond that. Guess they're well behind on their roadmap given that nothing else that was pegged for this month appears to be in the patch, we'll get updates on the stream.

Plenty of nice QoL changes, amusing that you can functionally ignore Fort Tarsis now given how much they hyped that spot up. They're nice, but honestly some of them should have been in at launch. At least it cuts out some loading screens.

Plenty of bug fixing, but I didn't spot anything specific to the DC's folks keep experiencing or any loot balance updates.

IMO these are alright notes, I'll let Dom DeLuis express my thoughts -

Hoping they'll have more info to share on the stream, especially for future plans.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2019-04-23 at 04:14 PM.

I don't see any need of that. The base game is solid, it just reeeealy needs content. How would a relaunch do any good here? In FF14, as i understand it, they changed the basic structure of the game. That is not necessary here.
    You can deliver content via patches, i just don't know if Bioware is committed to that or if they have already written Anthem off and set their sights on the next Dragon Age game.

Anthem could be a really good game if they would commit to pump out content at an increased rate but sadly we see the opposite, they don't even get to fullfill their meager roadmap.

I imagine the team working on Anthem got cut down heavily after release. Not just people going back to their respective teams after they were all pulled to re-make Anthem last minute but also people being moved over to DA:4.

I'd guess the team left on Anthem is not big enough to handle the work needed to fix the game.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I imagine the team working on Anthem got cut down heavily after release. Not just people going back to their respective teams after they were all pulled to re-make Anthem last minute but also people being moved over to DA:4.

I'd guess the team left on Anthem is not big enough to handle the work needed to fix the game.
    No word on any team cuts, actually. The folks up at Edmonton did largely move off to work on other projects apparently (DA4), but BW Austin staff are apparently all sticking on the game and I haven't seen anything to indicate that they pulled any of those folks off the game.

Live teams are always much smaller that core development teams. The reality is that as much as everyone wants all these fixes NOW, it just doesn't work like that. You can only throw so many bodies at a problem before you end up with too many cooks in the kitchen, ending up slowing the process down. A lot of this shit simply takes time, which unfortunately the playerbase isn't super inclined to give them at the moment.

Looking at the patch notes, I see no reason why they couldn't have given folks a very high level summary of what would be coming in the patch last week after the stream was canceled. Some of the specifics may not have been ready (compiling patch notes is hard), but they didn't need to give any specifics, they could have just given the high level summary, "New stronghold, new legendary modifiers, bunch of bigfix and balance changes, Fort Tarsa QoL changes coming! More to share soon." and saved the meat and potatoes for the patch notes/stream.

Because thus far from the look of it, folks on reddit (who are admittedly not the happiest lot right now) are pretty underwhelmed with the patch based off the notes. We'll see if anything changes when they get in, but IMO they could have done a far, far, far, far better job communicating and managing the community to set expectations for this patch.

Especially since it seems like, as of now, the only features of their roadmap they hit this month were the stronghold and a single freeplay event - https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/acts

Unless they're going to drop everything in the next 5 business days which...seems unrealistic.

Wow, those patch notes read like they belong to a Day 1 patch. Cut all the bugfixes and balance changes and you have a single stronghold with copy-pasted enemies. This is really weak.

- - - Updated - - -

They added a statement regarding the April updates.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...elopment_team/

They delayed everything from April and May. I will be suprised if this game ever gets the cataclysm.

Some decent updates in that post, but also a lot of infuriating ones. I get that they probably don't have a loot solution, they're hiring someone for that after all, but the fact that we're nearly 2 months post-launch and we don't have any word on what they're working towards is frustrating.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    They delayed everything from April and May. I will be suprised if this game ever gets the cataclysm.
    I think that will be the most damning thing. While it was clear they wouldn't be making those goals it doesn't really give any hope. It is a gamble if the plug is pulled or work is continued. I don't really see many new players coming into the game until they get those updates out. Lets just hope that EA will allow them to keep growing.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Some decent updates in that post, but also a lot of infuriating ones. I get that they probably don't have a loot solution, they're hiring someone for that after all, but the fact that we're nearly 2 months post-launch and we don't have any word on what they're working towards is frustrating.
    I love the part about creating a new way to provide feedback. With anthem in this state, this will be 1000 surveys off: "The game should not crash every 5 minutes" and "I want the game that was sold to me" They don't need more feedback. They now exactly where they f***** up

According to the development team, the game is in early access

LEL

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    I love the part about creating a new way to provide feedback. With anthem in this state, this will be 1000 surveys off: "The game should not crash every 5 minutes" and "I want the game that was sold to me" They don't need more feedback. They now exactly where they f***** up
    That was related to them adding in (soon apparently) a test server for PC. That's actually a great change for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    According to the development team, the game is in early access

LEL
    Yeah, poor choice on their part to reference the EA launch rather than full launch. Given how much the community has ragged on them for the state of the game still being "early access", it makes me wonder just how much they're actually paying attention to this kind of stuff.