Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So, your problem is that Democrats don't just mindlessly fall in line behind the party leader like Republicans?

Honestly I like government officials presenting ideas, arguing about them in the open, and coming up with plans. Its much better than the follow the leader right off the cliff governing we have had for like 20ish years now. From all parties.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Fox has more credibility than most mainstream media at this point, since Fox was if I'm not mistaken the only major American outlet not promulgating the Russia hoax, the covington hoax, or the Smollett hoax.

Fox is biased news and doesn't try to hide the fact that it is (mostly) conservative. The rest of the mainstream media lies about its impartiality while shamelessly pushing tabloid fake news.
    Hannity, Watters (Him interviewing randos on the street is the only "honest" thing he's ever done on the network), Carlson, and the Fox and Friends hosts aren't the very definition of tabloid fake news? Just to name a few.

They have 2 decent reporters at best. Chris Wallace and Shepard Smith. Most of the hosts are conservative entertainment, to put it generously.

It's funny that you picked 3 "hoaxes", as if they are some kind of evidence in Fox's favor.

You understand that the Mueller report was real right? While there was no collusion (not for the lack of trying) there was definitely obstruction. Fox and every other network covered ongoing stories including all the convictions. I understand the talking heads at night were trash talking the investigation to curry Trump's favor, but that doesn't make it news.

Initial reporting on Covington was done on an initial video. Even if Fox didn't cover it initially, they certainly spent weeks reporting on how other outlets reported on it. Is that even considered news?

As more videos came out and showed the kids being mocked by an extremist group prior and then we found out Phillips approached Sandmann, the reporting changed. Fox news however, smug that they didn't initially cover it, turned Sandmann into a victim equivocating him wearing a MAGA hat to the clothing a rape victim might be wearing. I'm sure that's just honest wholesome news reporting though right? It's okay though because Sandmann is suing for millions, because life is oh so hard when you stand in one spot and smirk at someone while wearing a MAGA hat while your fellow classmates, also wearing MAGA hats for attention, sneer and tomahawk chop the air. The real news is definitely that Sandmann is a victim. A smirking victim who found it funny at the time, but needs millions of dollars for emotional damages.

As for Smollett, it was a story until it wasn't. Fox and everyone reported on the allegations. Considering he worked for Fox and the network supported him until the police announced it was a hoax, I don't think too much credit can be given to Fox, because at that point everyone condemned him.

TL : DR

If you're getting your news off Fox and it's not Wallace or Smith, admit that you watch it only for entertainment value and their opinions match yours so it's the source you choose to pretend doesn't have as much fake news as the rest. I mean we could list all the things they've misreported recently as well, but I think your, disingenuous, aha gotcha list says enough. There's really not a need to discuss Trump's favorite news channel any more than needed. Especially considering their most watched shows are Hannity and Carlson, neither of which use any pretense regarding the falsities they peddle.
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2019-04-23 at 04:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    LOL, no.

Hey since you hate the mainstream media so much - where do you get your totally objective news?
    Bet it starts with a B and ends in reitbart.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Anything with Fox News is automatically discarded
    Here's the Young Turks, you probably trust these jokers.

So now that we both agree this is a true statement. LOL

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post

You're twisting her meaning, and you are smart enough to know it. She's saying that anyone that was a Democrat could have won her district, and that they need to focus on districts where they can focus on issues and actually have a chance of turning the vote to D over R.

In a similar vein, there are other districts out there, that will pretty much always vote Republican no matter what.

I am starting to think you secretly love AOC, Zenkai
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    You're twisting her meaning, and you are smart enough to know it. She's saying that anyone that was a Democrat could have won her district, and that they need to focus on districts where they can focus on issues and actually have a chance of turning the vote to D over R.

In a similar vein, there are other districts out there, that will pretty much always vote Republican no matter what.

I am starting to think you secretly love AOC, Zenkai
    I'm not twisting shit. the op said

A glass of water with a D on it could've won AOC's district
    Valeron said it wasn't true because the clip was hosted by Foxnews and all I did was post the same clip from a different sworce

So please quote me how I twisted her meaning

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not twisting shit. the op said

Valeron said it wasn't true because the clip was hosted by Foxnews and all I did was post the same clip from a different sworce

So please quote me how I twisted her meaning
    Woah woah woah! Sorry, I didn't realize your love affair with AOC was so passionate...

Anyways, I thought it was you, but I went back and read through the thread and it wasn't. My apologies
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    Woah woah woah! Sorry, I didn't realize your love affair with AOC was so passionate...

Anyways, I thought it was you, but I went back and read through the thread and it wasn't. My apologies
    no problem, she's my Beu

10+ Year Old Account

And again, it wasn't her general election victory that was an upset, but her primary election victory.

The point
    -----
    Your head
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    And again, it wasn't her general election victory that was an upset, but her primary election victory.

The point
    -----
    Your head
    The point was the OP said she made a statement, and someone said it wasn't true because it was hosted by Fox News, I linked a difference source. That is the only thing I addressed. anything else is your own conjecture. It's sad when you have to make up arguments just to attack me.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    Furthermore, they want someone to enact policies that restricts the free market by manually bringing jobs back to America that free agents already decided to export (thereby cutting the throats of the capitalist class and the consumer class in one fell swoop), instead of taking it upon themselves to either learn a new skill that is marketable in today's economic climate, or just saddle up with poverty wages.

The right is a worthless political force in America whose only objectives will harm the country while betraying their own ideology along the way.
    Free Marketeering is a Liberal ideology if anything Conservatism should rid itself of a foreign poison. Its a virus to be expelled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

once again context and nuance flies over the head of a republican.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Theo-chan embracing communism, 2019 colorized
    Eh, I've never been a free marketeer and whichever political faction promises to execute Ben Shapiro by fire will win my vote that day.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Neo Liberal I have to say I disagree with Nancy here about Alexandria, I hate the Young Turds also, but they are correct, she won on a progressive platform and unseated a 10 time serving Democrat, but a Democrat none the less.

The Truth is when it comes to Nancy Pelosi I am not a big fan, and between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Nancy Pelosi I am going to lean Nancy. But Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for sure deserves respect whether I agree with her or not, Nancy Pelosi shouldn't have said this and should apologize if she doesn't then I will likely lose respect for Nancy Pelosi.

It was a pretty to diminish this woman's accomplishment like that.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    As Neo Liberal I have to say I disagree with Nancy here about Alexandria, I hate the Young Turds also, but they are correct, she won on a progressive platform and unseated a 10 time serving Democrat, but a Democrat none the less.

The Truth is when it comes to Nancy Pelosi I am not a big fan, and between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Nancy Pelosi I am going to lean Nancy. But Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for sure deserves respect whether I agree with her or not, Nancy Pelosi shouldn't have said this and should apologize if she doesn't then I will likely lose respect for Nancy Pelosi.

Except, as someone early in this thread pointed out. What Nancy said was that some districts anyone with a D infront of their name will win the GE of. Pelosi and Ocasio-Cortez both serve such districts.
    Yes, AOC winning the primary was an upset. But that wasn't Pelosi's point. Her point was that they need to win purple (and outright red) districts. And for that you need different loud speakers.
    - Lars

I mean, the TYT is pretty much regarded as trash by pretty much any liberal out there. Its nothing but a leftist rag, the same sort of "anti-war" people like Gabbard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Give Sethrak Blizz View Post
    I mean, the TYT is pretty much regarded as trash by pretty much any liberal out there. Its nothing but a leftist rag, the same sort of "anti-war" people like Gabbard.
    Woke Capitalism, with lots of bombs, dropped on Middle Eastern people and gender-neutral bathrooms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

Why should she apologize? She wasn't wrong, nor was she specifically insulting AOC. She was merely commenting that focusing on districts like AOC's is a waste of time because anyone can win those districts so long as they've got the D (heh, I had to).

It's not a comment against AOC, it's a comment on the political realities of districts like hers. Democrats should go after purple, not blue, districts.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Always nice that these anti-left wing bait threads never get locked. /s
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers