Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    the mods in max's channel are BIG fags

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    It is the same thing said in the different way, isnt it?
    What happened with 'take player not class' promised like 3-4 xpacks ago?
    It turned into bring the player on the class. Gearing is fast, learning classes is fast.

Limit finally going big boi mode and streaming it. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Limit finally going big boi mode and streaming it. I like that.
    And their streaming comms too. I am impressed.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    It's not really that melee are not viable, it's that multidot classes are retardedly op in their niche.
    It seems a bit odd to speak of a niche when it takes basically nearly static patchwerk encounters to get the majority of melees into merely a comparable position to the top ranged specs.

Quote Originally Posted by niirb View Post
    Couldn't find one yet so let's get tbis started.

Does this raid (not) matter?

Are you afraid of this raid being a pushover conisdering how easy heroic was?

Are there any guilds besides the obvious two that are day raiding this time?

Edit: I goofed the tittle pepehands
    so you were so excited to create a thread for WF that you didn't even read first...

good work... do you think there's an award for creating a WF thread?

Limit is currently playing with... 9 priests.

Edit: 10 now!
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2019-04-23 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Limit is currently playing with... 9 priests.
    Bringing in a 10th even now.
    Balance(tm)
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    It seems a bit odd to speak of a niche when it takes basically nearly static patchwerk encounters to get the majority of melees into merely a comparable position to the top ranged specs.
    Well, I agree, not every spec should be ~equal on single target, if they have insane multidot, they should pretty much suck on single. But the fact is that everyone and their momma looks at single target sims and whines when they don't like what they see. And so blizzard is trying to keep every spec relevant on single target and that means that inevitably, if the dots have the same power on other targets, multidotters will be op on multidot and spec that don't have as powerful aoe as others will suck on aoe. Like look at mage vs rogue, both have ~same single target utility, and currently rogue is just way above mage in aoe. It's just a hole that they dug for themselves by insisting that everyone should do good single target dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Well, I agree, not every spec should be ~equal on single target, if they have insane multidot, they should pretty much suck on single. But the fact is that everyone and their momma looks at single target sims and whines when they don't like what they see. And so blizzard is trying to keep every spec relevant on single target and that means that inevitably, if the dots have the same power on other targets, multidotters will be op on multidot and spec that don't have as powerful aoe as others will suck on aoe. Like look at mage vs rogue, both have ~same single target utility, and currently rogue is just way above mage in aoe. It's just a hole that they dug for themselves by insisting that everyone should do good single target dps.
    Obviously we need to make dots scaled completely with the number of targets.
    So SW:P on 1 target would deal X dps. having 2 up would each take 0.5 X dps. 3 0.33 X ect.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Why wouldn't they when gearing has been made so fast and easy that you can keep every class geared to the teeth.

Also they have been farming BoD for 3 months. This isn't a new tier where they only had 1 week to gear.

Also they are racing other guilds as the primary driver. It's not about completing the content which is much more tolerant of comps, it's doing it before anyone else which is not.

Limit using 8 Shadow Priests... nerf in 8.2 is okay I guess xD

10+ Year Old Account
    When was the last time we had class stacking at this level? I know we've had 5-6 of one class on some recent bosses, but half the raid as shadow? Trying to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Obviously we need to make dots scaled completely with the number of targets.
    So SW:P on 1 target would deal X dps. having 2 up would each take 0.5 X dps. 3 0.33 X ect.
    Yeah well they tried that before by basically nerfing all dot classes' dots. Surprise surprise, multidotting wasn't worth it and so the gameplay was just gone. Cause if you get little to no benefit from multidotting, you are better off just blasting single target one target at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus View Post
    When was the last time we had class stacking at this level? I know we've had 5-6 of one class on some recent bosses, but half the raid as shadow? Trying to think.
    Ragnaros HC, Paragon, Feral druids.

Edit: it was Nefarian actually, my bad. 11 feral druids.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2019-04-23 at 06:55 PM.

10 friggin Shadow Priests.

Look, I don't blame Limit (or anyone who does that) at all. You gotta do what you gotta do to win. But this is ridiculous, and I'm not sure how Blizzard can ever fix this problem without either 1) never designing a boss that can be cleaved in such a way which would be bad, or 2) nerfing dot classes so hard they become otherwise worthless which would be worse.

Maybe add a diminishing return on dots, the same as in most conventional AoE...

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I don't think anyone can really complain about what they are doing. Sure, stacking 10 Shadow Priests says a lot about the class, but only the top 1% of the world can play that way. From a pure design perspective, they shouldn't care about what those guilds are doing during the first few days of progression because they are willing and able to do literally anything to get the kill.

*8 shadow priests, not 10. The two other priests are playing disc.

It seems you lot are missing the point, they're using 8 shadow priests because priests can remove the damage buff at will without the need of a healer, damage is not the sole reason.

If trial of valor is anything to go by we can expect some pretty tightly tuned bosses that wont be outgearable this teir.
    Helya was a really tough fight, as was that damn dog.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.