Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    How about nobody knows how many people will be playing this game 6 months from now. A year from now. 10 years from now. Knowing the future is impossible for every living being on this planet. Foresight doesn't work in this situation because most gamers are faithless and unpredictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Surreality View Post
    How about nobody knows how many people will be playing this game 6 months from now. A year from now. 10 years from now. Knowing the future is impossible for every living being on this planet. Foresight doesn't work in this situation because most gamers are faithless and unpredictable.
    obviously these are predictions

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The tears from Warriors when everyone starts Jumping their Charges again is going to be hilarious.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    See my sig, what vanilla means to one person and what vanilla means to another are as different as what brexit means to one brit and what It means to another.

The end result is most people are likly to be disappointed what ever brexit.... Err... Classic is delivered.

Maybe they should hold a players vote? Haha.
    yeah pretty much, people screaing for "WE WANT VANILLA" alright here is vanilla "NO WE WANT DIFFERENT VANLA, WE WANT 1.5 AV"
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    It's very nice to see that Blizzard is commited to make WoW Classic play like it did back then, even if it means essentially making the server code act like it's less efficient than it is. 400ms spellbatches instead of 20 (maybe it's even less now?)

I don't know if it can become more popular than Live, but honestly I wouldn't be too surprised if Classic ends up overtaking Live. They are different games entirely at this point. Live is a 3rd person ARPG, built around throwing all content at the player in 2 week batches. It's seasonal play-the-patch at this point. I tried resubbing a month but there is simply no motivation whatsoever. I can get better gear but I overgear everything I want to do within single-digit days at 120. Yeah I can do more dps but what does it matter? It's not like I will actually notice a difference, if a dungeon boss dies in 26 seconds instead of 27. They are still just nameless bosses. I barely even bother to check what they do, it's not like there's any chance of a wipe.
    BFA is now quite literally designed around raiders and people who has a stable m+ group. Everything else is just padding and designed to get you there faster. Spend an afternoon at 120 and you're ready to go. For everyone else, who wants a true RPG experience outside of endgame, WoW Classic will be a good alternative. I think a lot of people will be happy just with leveling characters. Why? Because leveling in Classic is actually a satisfying game experience.

I'm having more fun leveling a lowbie warrior on a private realm than all of BFA. Genuinely getting more enjoyment out of replaying through all of Elwynn Forest and now Westfall than randomly mashing buttons getting gear thrown at me, in a game world where the only way to lose anything is if I go into a raid or high m+.
    It's amazing how much more fun it is when you genuinely care about your character. I have time to focus on BS/Mining/First Aid/Cooking (because I'm not leveling up every 10 minutes), I am excited every time I get a gear upgrade (because mobs can easily deal 40-50% of my warriors hp in a 1v1 fight), every level I get have effects, mobs get slightly less threatening, I might get a new ability rank, or maybe a green item in my inventory is useable. Spending a talent, always getting incrementally more powerful.

Live is a better "game", but is a shitty MMORPG. I think Classic is going to be a lot more popular than people realize.
    People cared in Classic and wanted to keep improving their characters, while Live is for 3h/weekend players who just want to mash buttons and get loot fired at them from all sides. No thanks, I've already played Diablo 3.

Quote Originally Posted by frozenembers View Post
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL *deep breath* LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Classic will be a big hit, i myself will be joining in on the fun for a while. It's popularity will start to drop after about 3 months. People will see that their nostalgia is juts that, and the game itself is more harsh than they remember. People now whine about short rep grinds.... what the hell are they going to do when the find out how long it used to take to get from 1-60. And no mounts til 40 and then it's just your slow one. Most people dont remember the lack of quality of life. And some like that, and that's totally fine. But as i was saying, youre going to get less and less people playing over time until it plateaus out somewhere around 8-12 months from release.
    I really need to make this into a macro.

Retail is retail, I want all the QOL and convience in the world in retail, fuck classic in retail wow.
    Classic is classic, I'm team #noChanges, fuck retail in classic wow.

Two different games, two different desires and expectations.

See you there
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    You are not the target audience for this game if you have a problem with that, and you can go cry to your mom about it for all we care.
    I did the classic grind already. I loved it and accomplished everything I could have wanted during that era. It was the best version of WoW and the best gaming experience I have ever had. Shit systems like spell batching isn't what made it that, though. The people I played with then didn't have attitudes like you do. If people like you are going to be who's playing the new classic servers maybe it is better I stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormykitten View Post
    CC is going to be so incredibly broken in classic, with today's game knowledge and macros. It's gonna be interesting to follow.
    I mean, compare to then where 1 out of every 20 warlocks knew how to use even half of their skills, and now more will.
    How so? The only important thing macros added since Classic is targeting conditions and they're WORSE than what we had - a fully unlocked Lua environment back then.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by frozenembers View Post
    obviously these are predictions
    It's impossible to predict uncertainty.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    It's very nice to see that Blizzard is commited to make WoW Classic play like it did back then, even if it means essentially making the server code act like it's less efficient than it is. 400ms spellbatches instead of 20 (maybe it's even less now?)

I don't know if it can become more popular than Live, but honestly I wouldn't be too surprised if Classic ends up overtaking Live. They are different games entirely at this point. Live is a 3rd person ARPG, built around throwing all content at the player in 2 week batches. It's seasonal play-the-patch at this point. I tried resubbing a month but there is simply no motivation whatsoever. I can get better gear but I overgear everything I want to do within single-digit days at 120. Yeah I can do more dps but what does it matter? It's not like I will actually notice a difference, if a dungeon boss dies in 26 seconds instead of 27. They are still just nameless bosses. I barely even bother to check what they do, it's not like there's any chance of a wipe.
    BFA is now quite literally designed around raiders and people who has a stable m+ group. Everything else is just padding and designed to get you there faster. Spend an afternoon at 120 and you're ready to go. For everyone else, who wants a true RPG experience outside of endgame, WoW Classic will be a good alternative. I think a lot of people will be happy just with leveling characters. Why? Because leveling in Classic is actually a satisfying game experience.

I'm having more fun leveling a lowbie warrior on a private realm than all of BFA. Genuinely getting more enjoyment out of replaying through all of Elwynn Forest and now Westfall than randomly mashing buttons getting gear thrown at me, in a game world where the only way to lose anything is if I go into a raid or high m+.
    It's amazing how much more fun it is when you genuinely care about your character. I have time to focus on BS/Mining/First Aid/Cooking (because I'm not leveling up every 10 minutes), I am excited every time I get a gear upgrade (because mobs can easily deal 40-50% of my warriors hp in a 1v1 fight), every level I get have effects, mobs get slightly less threatening, I might get a new ability rank, or maybe a green item in my inventory is useable. Spending a talent, always getting incrementally more powerful.

Live is a better "game", but is a shitty MMORPG. I think Classic is going to be a lot more popular than people realize.
    People cared in Classic and wanted to keep improving their characters, while Live is for 3h/weekend players who just want to mash buttons and get loot fired at them from all sides. No thanks, I've already played Diablo 3.
    I do think Classic will be more popular than people think. I really feel there's a large portion of people clamoring for an MMO like vanilla. And some very big streamers who will be playing Classic long term - e.g. Sodapoppin, summit1g just to name a couple - will undoubtedly drive traffic to the game. But by the very nature of Classic being complete I can't see it overtaking retail. Even with the staggered content release plan (which will absolutely need to be on a faster schedule than the original patches as gamers devour content much quicker these days) Classic has a limited shelf life. I mean shit I'm frothing at the mouth for Classic and yet I know I'll only be into it for so long.

how does spell batching help in any way?

So two rogues can gouge eachother ... right , thats good !

I once had a dual cheap shot , dual gouge , dual kidney shot chian . That was funny !

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post

Yeah a lot of people forget or just don't realize that leveling WAS equally as much as the WoW experience as was anything end game related in classic. It was a thing to actually here someone who was playing for two months say "oh, i'm level 40." Exploring, running from zone to zone, actually buying gear at level 37 on the AH, extra. You're really spot on with your statement that classic was a good mmoRPG while live is a good raiding game. What excites me the most with classic coming is leveling again. And not feeling that rush that "i have to get to max level" that has been a problem with WoW for a very long time. Being able to run around again and actually having professions while leveling matter, AH while leveling, zones, capital cities outside of SW being useful, the story, not feeling inadequate because after a month MAYBE i'm only level 40, extra is going to be a breathe of fresh air to me. and then after finally getting to 60, a whole other world opens up with amazing dungeons, 5 - 10 mans, raids, 40 mans, bg's, the whole enchilada.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Which is the exact reason for loot trading. It was done either to sell the items for in game materials for raiding or for straight gold. Quite commonly. Would it make you guys feel better if blizzard programmed a fake GM bot to talk you through the whole thing?
    I can only speak from my experience. We raided everything from MC to Naxx, but (very) rarely used a GM to transfer loot, only inside our guild when our guy with master loot did something wrong. So, no, it was never for selling items for materials or straight gold, and I've never seen anyone do that in classic.
    Maybe because you had to speak to a GM and explain it to him. Or because we just too polite and/or would've considered it lame to trade loot for the reasons you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Echorausch View Post
    I can only speak from my experience. We raided everything from MC to Naxx, but (very) rarely used a GM to transfer loot, only inside our guild when our guy with master loot did something wrong. So, no, it was never for selling items for materials or straight gold, and I've never seen anyone do that in classic.
    Maybe because you had to speak to a GM and explain it to him. Or because we just too polite and/or would've considered it lame to trade loot for the reasons you mentioned.
    Ok, that's your experience. Blizzard had a different experience and that would explain the changes. The guild I was in was founded in 2006, and it was quite common for loot to be handled that way.