Page 1 of 3
LastLast

States that don't get four seasons.

Besides the south, what are the states that don't have four distinct seasons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hawaii, New Mexico, Texas, Arizona, Florida = Hot

Alaska = Cold
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I mean Texas gets 4 seasons. Summer just lasts 7 months, Spring and Fall last about 1.5 months each, and winter gets about 2 months.

We get 4 seasons here, though we joke and say the only two seasons we have are winter and construction. (Chicago specifically not Illinois)

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I mean Texas gets 4 seasons. Summer just lasts 7 months, Spring and Fall last about 1.5 months each, and winter gets about 2 months.
    Not sure you can really consider Texas winter a real winter though, it's more like extended autumn.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Not sure you can really consider Texas winter a real winter though, it's more like extended autumn.
    We might get snow every once in while in Houston(every decade or so). Other parts get it pretty regularly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

Alaska = Cold
    To be fair, Alaska does get four seasons: Winter, breakup, construction season, Fall.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We have 2 seasons in Northern MI

Winter and road construction.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkari View Post
    To be fair, Alaska does get four seasons: Winter, breakup, construction season, Fall.
    Almost can't wait to retire and move there Surprised about construction though.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    People say we don't get a winter down south. Well I say you don't get a summer or a proper fall at that.

Summer is upper 90s to the 100s followed by massive rainstorms. The fall is when the sun starts to recede by the air becomes thick and heavy with even more rain. A proper winter is dry 80s at lunchtime, humid 50s by dinner, repeat in random cycles until you have all the common respiratory illnesses.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

As a Texas, we do get four seasons. Sometimes in the same day.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Alaska gets about 2 weeks of "fall". As for spring well we are getting 10 inches of snow right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Wyoming as Winter and Road Construction.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Come live in Ohio, where like in texas, you might get all 4 seasons.....in the same day. I think we had that once already this year. Went from mid 70s and warm to freezing overnight and snow.

Western Washington for sure. Eastern Washington has seasons. Western Washington is just rain, colder rain, even colder rain, here's some sun jk heres your rain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOut View Post
    Western Washington for sure. Eastern Washington has seasons. Western Washington is just rain, colder rain, even colder rain, here's some sun jk heres your rain.
    SW Washington has two seasons, rain and summer.

- - - Updated - - -

Alaska = Cold
    Arizona has 3 seasons: Summer, Monsoon and winterish.

Alaska = Cold
    Texas and New Mexico gets snow, though. New Mexico is a really good place to go skiing. Flagstaff AZ gets snow, too.

Florida is cancer though. Like living in a sauna at all times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Come live in Ohio, where like in texas, you might get all 4 seasons.....in the same day. I think we had that once already this year. Went from mid 70s and warm to freezing overnight and snow.
    I remember that while living in Ohio, although it happens in New England to some degree, too. New England has two seasons technically: Summer, and the Vitamin D deficiency period (which takes up most of the time) with variable temperatures. Nothing makes you go more nuts than forgetting the last time you actually saw the sun. Some days even the ambient light due to cloud cover isn't enough to kick on our solar panels at all.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Portland gets an inch or two of snow every other year, typically lows in the 30s and then highs in the 90s. I'd say my region is basically a two-season area.

Quote Originally Posted by Depravitty View Post
    Alaska gets about 2 weeks of "fall". As for spring well we are getting 10 inches of snow right now.
    Big deal, it snowed near the end of June in Anchorage once while I was growing up. Toughen up

Colorado, we have like 6 seasons here. Dry Winter, False Spring, Wet Winter, True Spring, Construction, Flood Season.
    Last edited by alzoron; 2019-04-24 at 06:50 AM.
    Signature not found