Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Maybe the plan was to draw out nzoth to kill him rather than drawing him out to be an ally to him.

Interesting that people think she is some how allied with N'Zoth, the lines data mined from the 'Eye of the Corruptor' seems to suggest otherwise unless I am interpreting it wrong.

Give in. Accept the embrace. Listen.
    Listen. Listen. Listen. LISTEN.
    The queen threatens the king. There is no way to win. Listen.
    The undrowned will join the chorus. Listen to it.
    Listen. Open the gate. Step into the abyss. Complete the circle.
    You were right to doubt them.
    Listen. She is a threat. Kill her. KILL HER.
    Listen. You know this is the truth. It is but one of a thousand. You have only to listen.
    Everywhere you look, the stars gaze back. You know their form already. You have but to listen.

From the new 8.2 text, it does seem like Sylvanas might have known that Azshara would sink both fleets, most notably the bigger Alliance one. We also know that Ashvane is a boss in AEP, yet when we last saw her, she was sailing off with Sylvanas, on the Banshee Queen's flagship. So she might be making some sort of deal with Azshara, just like she still has a deal with Helya, who is also confirmed to still be alive. Helya also has the underwater theme going for her, so maybe she'll actually return and tie into all this?

What her endgame is, is pretty unclear. That said, I'm glad she's not gonna team up with the Alliance but look for outside aid to help end the Alliance (possibly). One of my complaints of the expansion was that we'd team up to fight Azshara and N'zoth, knowing that it'll only be the "traitors", not the "loyalists", is good to hear. I still hope she won't end up a Kerrigan, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    That's not clever from Blizzard at all, and would only serve to make the choice completely meaningless.
    Well, considering the constraints of MMORPG design, there's no way Blizzard can make the choice meaningful without ending up with a clear "Good" and "Bad" choice, so besides some changes in quest text and maybe a toy item or two, don't get your hopes up for meaningful consequences, whichever side you choose. (Same for the gift of N'Zoth, for that matter)

7+ Year Old Account
    I dont know really. If she couldnt be raid boss as they said supposedly. Maybe she is going to split horde as forsaken faction ?

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    I dont know really. If she couldnt be raid boss as they said supposedly. Maybe she is going to split horde as forsaken faction ?
    That won't happen, if anything the game will move towards less faction split than adding another faction.

I'm hoping she doesn't Kerrigan either. Whilst it worked for Kerri in a way, Sylv really isn't written well enough to make that leap. I'd rather she become the next Lich Queen or whatever and be the "Big bad" of the next expansion.

Oh and Nathanos kills himself. Just delete him already.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    So... what exactly is Sylvanas' plan? Ruining the Horde and making everyone hate her?
    She's gonna erase 50% of the people in the universe by pegging Nathanos.

Thanks to the Eye of the Corruptor thing I might have some hopes on Sylvanas pulling a backstab on N'Zoth eventually.
    I know that thing might be talking of Azshara, but feels fishy to have an Old God something telling us to kill the one who was supposed to have been made a puppet not a month ago.
    I know it seems dubious, but hey, maybe they will remember Sylvanas used to betray dreadlords back in WC3 and try to pull that one again. Who knows.

Either way, it's going to be trash.

It's going to be Siege of Orgrimmar 2.0 or "Wow she was good along! Have fun in heaven Sylvanas" and everybody will magically forget about her crimes and realise how wrong they were for doubting her. Both will suck, but Blizzard will pat themselves on the back as literary geniuses.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Griffith did nothing wrong I mean Sylvanas

My interest is super peaked at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Her endgame is the same as everyone else's endgame, 6 feet under.

It's just a question of when and how.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I started another thread before seeing this one. Here's my thoughts:

Sylvanas in 8.2:
    "The threads we have woven with such care will soon be drawn together. The war is serving its purpose. Stay focused on the endgame. You know what is to come."

Ogmot's Journal:
    Ogmot sees lady wrapped in dark swirlies. She leads herd of blind sheep.

Da sheepies follow her everplace she go. Do everthin she say. Never doubt lady.

She guide dem over tall cliff! SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT! Stupid sheepies!

Da crows get fat eatin da sheepflesh. Da lady laugh as crows eat!

Ogmot laugh too!

My take is that we're going to Quel'thalas, to the Sunwell. Why I think we're going back there?

First, Il'gynoth's whisper: "Its surface burns bright, masking the shadows bellow". The Sunwell is a fount of Light, but we also know it reacts to shadow. The belf heritage questline also shows the lantern glowing voidy after being dipped into the Sunwell.

Second, void elves. I can't believe Blizzard is not going to do at least one story where they are important and get deep development, and 8.3 is the last chance for that. I also have the feeling Blizzard will set up an event that will create lots more of void elves, maybe even turn the high elves into void elves. This could be the way to turn the void elves into a true race, and a story about corrupting the Sunwell could fit that.

Third, Sylvanas' story started in Quel'thalas, we've had several pararels of her to Arthas, it's kind of fitting that it ends in Quel'thalas, with her doing her best Arthas impression to date. Another thematic possibility behind it is that the expansion started with Sylvanas attacking one elf kingdom, and now is going to do the same to the other.

But why would Sylvanas do this? Because she made a deal with a greater power. But I think Blizzard will throw a curveball and it won't be N'Zoth. Helya is my bet. Helya tricked Vol'jin into making Sylvanas warchief. Helya made Sylvanas learn of her existance so she, once warchief, would seek Helya for their pact. Sylvanas failing to capture Eyir made her indebted to Helya and desperate. Helya's death in Legion was a feint (from Blizzard) to make us forget her.

But why would an entity of Death be working with the Old Gods/the Void? Who knows, maybe it isn't. Maybe her intent is to kill Azeroth and everyone in it, and that's why the Void is so afraid of Sylvanas.

So, I'm thinking Sylvanas will go to Quel'thalas in the absence of Lor'themar, Alliance will attack because she's there and, during the fight, which will be the biggest battlefield of this war, Sylvanas will sneak to Quel'danas and do her stuff. When everyone realises what she did, it's too late.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I started another thread before seeing this one. Here's my thoughts:

Sylvanas in 8.2:
    "The threads we have woven with such care will soon be drawn together. The war is serving its purpose. Stay focused on the endgame. You know what is to come."

Ogmot's Journal:
    Ogmot sees lady wrapped in dark swirlies. She leads herd of blind sheep.

Da sheepies follow her everplace she go. Do everthin she say. Never doubt lady.

She guide dem over tall cliff! SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT! Stupid sheepies!

Da crows get fat eatin da sheepflesh. Da lady laugh as crows eat!

Ogmot laugh too!

My take is that we're going to Quel'thalas, to the Sunwell. Why I think we're going back there?

First, Il'gynoth's whisper: "Its surface burns bright, masking the shadows bellow". The Sunwell is a fount of Light, but we also know it reacts to shadow. The belf heritage questline also shows the lantern glowing voidy after being dipped into the Sunwell.

Second, void elves. I can't believe Blizzard is not going to do at least one story where they are important and get deep development, and 8.3 is the last chance for that. I also have the feeling Blizzard will set up an event that will create lots more of void elves, maybe even turn the high elves into void elves. This could be the way to turn the void elves into a true race, and a story about corrupting the Sunwell could fit that.

Third, Sylvanas' story started in Quel'thalas, we've had several pararels of her to Arthas, it's kind of fitting that it ends in Quel'thalas, with her doing her best Arthas impression to date. Another thematic possibility behind it is that the expansion started with Sylvanas attacking one elf kingdom, and now is going to do the same to the other.

But why would Sylvanas do this? Because she made a deal with a greater power. But I think Blizzard will throw a curveball and it won't be N'Zoth. Helya is my bet. Helya tricked Vol'jin into making Sylvanas warchief. Helya made Sylvanas learn of her existance so she, once warchief, would seek Helya for their pact. Sylvanas failing to capture Eyir made her indebted to Helya and desperate. Helya's death in Legion was a feint (from Blizzard) to make us forget her.

But why would an entity of Death be working with the Old Gods/the Void? Who knows, maybe it isn't. Maybe her intent is to kill Azeroth and everyone in it, and that's why the Void is so afraid of Sylvanas.

So, I'm thinking Sylvanas will go to Quel'thalas in the absence of Lor'themar, Alliance will attack because she's there and, during the fight, which will be the biggest battlefield of this war, Sylvanas will sneak to Quel'danas and do her stuff. When everyone realises what she did, it's too late.
    I am more inclined to believe the sheep herder is Xal'atath. Fits better physical description, and has no opposition. Hell, we just fed her with blood and souls, let her came out the dagger and fulfilled each and every of her desires... just cuz she gently asked us to do so.
    Meanwhile Sylvanas is opposed by fellow Hordies, even if they are like half a dozen and willing to reroll Alliance, still enough to fuck her shenanigans, and even loyalist betray her by giving Old God artifacts to her.

A more serious thought: if Blizzard intends Sylvanas to be the savior of Azeroth, it's likely that Helya's bargain with Sylvanas has something to do with the World Soul of Azeroth. Despite being a nasty person, I believe that Helya, like all Titanforged, still has Azeroth's best interests at heart. Sylvanas' plan is probably to utterly destroy the Void (represented by N'Zoth), the Light (represented by the Alliance), Nature (represented by the forces of life in general) and Death (represented by the Lich King, Bwonsamdi and Mueh'zala).

Azeroth will be born uncorrupted by none of the cosmic forces. In exchange, Sylvanas and the Forsaken will be revived properly.

She is probably not going to be the savior of the world.

I think she'll kill Nzoth with the blade, then use it to do SOMETHING Shadowlands related (maybe rips open a crack in the world) so that she can take it over and make the underworld a better(?) place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    A more serious thought: if Blizzard intends Sylvanas to be the savior of Azeroth, it's likely that Helya's bargain with Sylvanas has something to do with the World Soul of Azeroth. Despite being a nasty person, I believe that Helya, like all Titanforged, still has Azeroth's best interests at heart. Sylvanas' plan is probably to utterly destroy the Void (represented by N'Zoth), the Light (represented by the Alliance), Nature (represented by the forces of life in general) and Death (represented by the Lich King, Bwonsamdi and Mueh'zala).

Azeroth will be born uncorrupted by none of the cosmic forces. In exchange, Sylvanas and the Forsaken will be revived properly.
    I think Helya is likely more like Sargaras "Lite" - consumed by hatred for Odyn such that her overriding goal is focused entirely on his ruin, and if Azeroth is destroyed in the process then so be it. I also assume that since Loken was part of her story she also likely bears corruption from Old Gods like he did, which might explain her current form and plight.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think Helya is likely more like Sargaras "Lite" - consumed by hatred for Odyn such that her overriding goal is focused entirely on his ruin, and if Azeroth is destroyed in the process then so be it. I also assume that since Loken was part of her story she also likely bears corruption from Old Gods like he did, which might explain her current form and plight.
    Making Sylvanas evil would be the worst possible way to end this story. If she is redeemed or her actions are at least justified, it will help mend the wounds created by the conflict. Otherwise there will always be this weird split within the Horde of who sided with Sylvanas vs. who sided against her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Making Sylvanas evil would be the worst possible way to end this story. If she is redeemed or her actions are at least justified, it will help mend the wounds created by the conflict. Otherwise there will always be this weird split within the Horde of who sided with Sylvanas vs. who sided against her.
    They're not going to *make* Sylvanas evil - Sylvanas simply is evil at the end of the day. She's been evil since Arthas turned her into a banshee, beings that are themselves driven by rage, despair, and hatred. There is some traceries of what Sylvanas was in life left to her, but they're just glints - like flashes of sunlight off the surface of what is otherwise a pestilential sea-sized swamp.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Lor'themar: Baine Bloodhoof represents all that is best in the Horde. We cannot stand by and let his light be snuffed out.
    Gag me with a spoon. Why did they change the text to this? They'd better not make him the Warchief. I'm not a Baine hater, but holy shit, he is the wrong choice. Just like Anduin should not be in charge of the ENTIRE Alliance, but is a fine leader of humanity.