Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie AVENGERS: ENDGAME™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 38 of 127 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    im more than happy to answer any questions you might have in PM
    Appreciate the offer, but id rather read it full out, rather than pepper someone with 100 questions. Guess ill have to wait a couple more days
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

I just saw the video online of the final battle and comments from the overall movie... yikes, glad I didn't buy into the craze and go out of my way to hunt down early show tickets. This can wait two-three weeks. I guess the only thing to look forward to now is the introduction of X-Men/Dr. Doom/Galactus. What they got left sure as hell ain't much to get excited about.

Its not as good as infinity war/winter solider/Ironman1 but its better than Ironman 2/3, age of ultron etc

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Its not as good as infinity war/winter solider/Ironman1 but its better than Ironman 2/3, age of ultron etc
    That's no high feat, Iron Man 2 and 3 were awful, like Mortal Kombat: Annihilation bad in my book, it just had a big budget going for it and superior production values, but as far as enjoyable movies, they were anything but. Iron Man 1 set the bar ridiculously high and they couldn't follow.

I don't get all the hate Age of Ultron gets, I really don't. I actually prefer it over the overrated Avengers 1. Yeah, I get it, I heard they fucked up Ultron, but even a rushed/underwhelming Ultron was more interesting than Loki with an army of nameless 2-dimensional putties. From the sounds of it, Age of Ultron also sounds better than Endgame, at least to me.

I watched the movie, and I felt free to check you spoil @Bill Nye the Spy
    but what's the point of what you wrote?
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I just saw the video online of the final battle and comments from the overall movie... yikes, glad I didn't buy into the craze and go out of my way to hunt down early show tickets. This can wait two-three weeks. I guess the only thing to look forward to now is the introduction of X-Men/Dr. Doom/Galactus. What they got left sure as hell ain't much to get excited about.
    Thanks for the heads up. Given Marvel's track record, I had no confidence that the ending would be satisfactory. Just read the leaks.

Yikes. Looks like this is going to be The Last Jedi of the MCU.

SPOILERS
    Spoiler: 

Tony's arc was about overcoming his narcissism and his fear, with the hope that he would be able to come to terms with what had happened since 2008 and move on with Peggy. Instead, his ending is swapped with the natural conclusion of Captain America's arc: dying steadfast as a shining example of the one who even though he had lost everything, he still never surrendered and gave his all so that others might live happily ever after. Cap's ending is swapped with Tony's, and from the way it reads... it's like Steve just doesn't care at all? He doesn't stick around to help cleanup or make sure everything will be alright, doesn't confer with Tony or Sam... he just bails to the past to get with a girl he knew for six months. And then during all of that time, he apparently did nothing to change the timeline? While he was out dancing with Peggy, Bucky was being tortured, SHIELD was being infiltrated, the Starks were assassinated... and he apparently did nothing at all? What?

Thor going on to be in Guardians 3 sounds like fun (guessing the obligatory STRONG, INDEPENDENT MAIN FEMALE HEROINE will be introduced in Guardians 3), but that also feels to be contrary to his character arc. The entire point of his first film was to stop with his "it's all about meeee" attitude and to place his responsibility to his people before himself... and he just leaves. I suppose it isn't bad considering he made sure to leave Asgard in capable hands, but it just doesn't gel with the narrative of his films. It just feels wrong.

I never cared for Black Widow, but it is incredibly disappointing that she apparently just dies like a wimp. She was one of the originals, she deserved a better death. Gamora deserved better than how she was 'offed in Infinity War too.

No idea what was going through the Russo brother's minds when they thought that would be in line with the direction the arcs of these characters were on.

I'll wait for it to come out on DVD and watch it in during a LFR or a queue.

Yeah it really doesnt pay to try break down all the can of worms this film opens.

Just enjoy the character moments.

This film makes one thing clear. Phase 3/4 whatever they are up to is all about girlpower
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-04-24 at 06:09 AM.

The inclusion of Captain Marvel is like the gear resets and catchup gearing in WOW. It just completely invalidates everything that came before it

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    The inclusion of Captain Marvel is like the gear resets and catchup gearing in WOW. It just completely invalidates everything that came before it
    Captain Marvel already invalidated Steve Rogers being the inspiration for SHIELD's founding.

I wonder what else she will invalidate going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Captain Marvel already invalidated Steve Rogers being the inspiration for SHIELD's founding.

Shes actually used pretty sparely in the film.

But theres one part in the battle that is just eye rolling.

I havent seen all of the MCU films Endgame is a resolution for, but I thoroughly enjoyed it nevertheless. People will no doubt chime in with countless things to discuss here, but heres a couple points of note that stuck out to me:

- time travel is such a risky plot point to introduce. It can get tired/confusing/convoluted etc very fast - we've seen in so many other movies and stories how things quickly degenerate into a narrative mess. With that said, I think they did a VERY good job of managing a time travel plot ...without having (what I was expecting) many negatives that typically come with it.

- with the above said, it was a bit eye-rolling how they were able to just invent and make a freaking time machine so easily and quickly, lol.

- Captain Marvel usage reminded me of the Eagles from LOTR. IE a "warning: gets tired and repetitive and a lame copout when overdone" alarm going off. She appears when all hope is lost to save the day. Here, shes so powerful they had to kick her out of 80% of the film because she was 'busy elsewhere'. Maybe the character is simply too powerful, because if they continue to use her like this in future its going to get repetitive and lame pretty fast. She did the solo-save-the-day thing at the end of Captain Marvel (movie) and she did some similar moves during Endgame too.

- Hulk CGI was a bit off in some scenes. It was good, yes (the facial expressions were fantastic), but sometimes it wasnt working for me as much as i'd have liked.

- there was a scene at the start (around when Antman first appeared I think) which was pretty dark/subdued in colour,... then it cut directly to a bright white/well lit screen that near blinded me and the audience before our eyes had a chance to adjust. Yeouch!

- I left the cinema confused why Gamora/Black Widow were still dead. Because I knew they are making a Black Widow standalone film - which made me wonder if I missed something during Endgame because she cant be dead if theres going to be a Black Widow movie set after?!?!!? And surely when Iron Man had the gauntlet and snapped he couldve just brought them back too with the virtual omnipotent power he wielded anyway?

My biggest unexpected delights were seeing Thor interact with Frigga (I thought the mother was used beautifully), Pepper Potts final words to Iron Man were poignant and perfect (something like "We'll be ok without you. You can relax/let go now" = those are the real world words many people DO speak to a dying family member in hospice - I said nearly the exact same thing to my dad shortly before he died) - and the very final shot of the film (Captain embracing his lady) ending with a kiss/love = the perfect way to end the film.

Overall it was a very entertaining film, even though ive only seen a handful of the many films it serves as a conclusion to. People who live and breathe Marvel and have seen every prior film will no doubt be over the moon with how well it serves and respects the prior source material it concludes.

If you told me to give you the biggest single negative takeaway, itd be the Captain Marvel 'here comes the eagles' usage. And if thats the best I can come up with, the films doing pretty good.

Random questions:

- Can Iron Mans daughter be a P4 super villain? Maybe shes pissed everyone else got to keep their family, while hers was torn apart?
    - Is Black Widow / Gamora really dead?
    - Did anyone pick up on any hints/forshadowing for what P4 could be about, based on this film?
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2019-04-24 at 06:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It must suck to politize everything.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    That's what Marvel is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

How can she invalidate Steve Rogers being the inspiration for shields founding if she wasn't even born when shield was founded?
    Last edited by Volardelis; 2019-04-24 at 09:43 AM.

So everything I'm reading basically confirms the leaks and that's yikes. Did Rian grt an executive producer credit for this "masterpiece " too?

Just saw it.

Non-spoiler review: HOOOOOOLLLLYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT

Spoiler review:

HOOOOOOLLLLYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    So everything I'm reading basically confirms the leaks and that's yikes. Did Rian grt an executive producer credit for this "masterpiece " too?
    Are the shitlords bitching about this film already?

LOL. Anyone who doesn't enjoy this film is basically committing self-harm. Endgame is incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Are the shitlords bitching about this film already?

LOL. Anyone who doesn't enjoy this film is basically committing self-harm. Endgame is incredible.
    They have to get outraged over something.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Seriously, anyone who is so mired in their shitty politics to enjoy this film for what it is... man, I really pity them. This is a once in a lifetime experience, and it does not disappoint.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    Ok Well the spoilers are out, and it sounds like 1000 times worse than the last jedi.
    You should watch the film instead of reading spoilers. Because you're just ruining your own enjoyment.

And no. And lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    No...That's not true...That's impossible!

I haven't seen the spoilers yet though.
    Don't listen to idiots who are mad at this film because of their shitty politics. Definitely do not read spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Meh Thor ironman and Cap dies...
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    The moment when armies enter the fight and Cap raises Mjolnir made my willy a bit hard

All things considered, I am more than satisfied.
    I caused a disturbance in the theatre when that happened. The people two seats over were not happy with me aha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I caused a disturbance in the theatre when that happened. The people two seats over were not happy with me aha.
    I liked Thor's reaction to that moment. Makes the afterparty scene in Age of Ultron even better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grow up you manchildren View Post
    Taken from those spoilers
    https://www.reddit.com/r/4chan/comme...kes_were_made/

Blah blah etc
    You seem to think that having something else than a full male white staff is nothing else than them catering to diversity.

Also interesting that you're basically hostile to all the women in the movie.

Not sure if it was your mom who did a poor job, or your dad who taught you that boys are the best or what not.
    Hi