Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People already crying if boss isn't dying in 1 day... don't you guys remember vanilla and TBC difficulty where bosses could last months?

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    It must have been BRF then.
    i was never gkicked

Method has 9 priest in raid atm.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    People already crying if boss isn't dying in 1 day... don't you guys remember vanilla and TBC difficulty where bosses could last months?
    Funny, I also remember people crying that Sunwell - supposedly the hardest instance ever - had 3 bosses dead in a single day... and only because 4th one was gated. Also, you're conveniently ignoring the fact that it's basically impossible to be "undergeared" for CoS, so there won't be any "oh, Method is attempting this while having 15ilvls lower gear."

Scrype playing Arcane wow ok, wonder why that is?

Oh and on that note Method are re doing their set up. Out go most of the priests and in comes a rogue, resto druid and 2 monks and more shamans.

Imagine if the raid is not done until saturday lol, both Method and Limit have teams in the MDI. Unlucky chucky.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    I don't get this, it's almost as if common people here don't understand that these guys enjoy the challenge, as long as they see improvements in their pulls. This is a very good boss, it eeks a lot out of you. I still think it will die before the day is over, but seeing people cry about the difficulty is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Costa View Post

Oh and on that note Method are re doing their set up. Out go most of the priests and in comes a rogue, resto druid and 2 monks and more shamans.
    He plays arcane because it's very easy and allows him to pay max attention to the raid.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    He plays arcane because it's very easy and allows him to pay max attention to the raid.
    Easy cannot be it because Frost is hardly hard is it....and is better cleave/aoe wise. Arcane requires you to get maximum value from standing still and casting through arcane power burn, which watching his stream right now he struggles at getting through.

I assume now he is doing it to help push more during his AP burst, but he can barely sit out a full duration of a rune due to so much stuff going on and having to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Costa View Post

He's tanking the ranged boss, for which arcane has some advantages. Prismatic barrier means -15% dmg taken from it and an absorb + you can take the talent that makes prismatic barrier have 0 cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    I'd guess he is managing the power debuff in some way via voice? His DPS is quite low and does not really seem to improve, so that would be my guess.
    He's tanking the ranged boss so he can't use the debuff to boost his dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    He's tanking the ranged boss, for which arcane has some advantages. Prismatic barrier means -15% dmg taken from it and an absorb + you can take the talent that makes prismatic barrier have 0 cd.
    hes dps is under healer! why they dont bring 3rd tank?

Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    No tanks can ranged tank like that. And I'm 99% sure the boss that he's "tanking" does splash damage on their target, while also needed to be positioned near the other boss at times.

Which means if it was a tank, he'd be splashing the melee.

I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that's how it works.

Edit - Just double checked, it is a 5 yard splash and also gives everyone the debuff that increases their aggro generated, along with making them "hostile" after the debuff drops.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2019-04-24 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    Because you can't use a melee to tank it.

And a tank standing at range wouldn't be able to deal enough damage to maintain aggro.

Basically what would happen is that the debuff would splash to other melee dpsers, but since they wouldn't be the primary target their debuff wouldn't renew which means they'd turn hostile and have their healing received reduced by 100%, which in turn means that the melee dps would essentially commit suicide by accidently friendly firing each other without the healers being able to heal them.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2019-04-24 at 12:42 PM.

ofc Method will win, its really not a race anymore. Haven't been since Paragon stopped raiding

My DeviantART: http://hypzone.deviantart.com/ | Requests: Closed

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    No tanks can ranged tank like that. And I'm 99% sure the boss that he's "tanking" does splash damage on their target, while also needed to be positioned near the other boss at times.

Which means if it was a tank, he'd be splashing the melee.

I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that's how it works.

Edit - Just double checked, it is a 5 yard splash and also gives everyone the debuff that increases their aggro generated, along with making them "hostile" after the debuff drops.
    also dmg is lowered with distance from caster.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Because you can't use a melee to tank it.

And a tank standing at range wouldn't be able to deal enough damage to maintain aggro.
    He could, but he would be utterly useless outside of that. At least the mage brings an int buff.

Imagine if the raid is not done until saturday lol, both Method and Limit have teams in the MDI. Unlucky chucky.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get this, it's almost as if common people here don't understand that these guys enjoy the challenge, as long as they see improvements in their pulls. This is a very good boss, it eeks a lot out of you. I still think it will die before the day is over, but seeing people cry about the difficulty is ridiculous.
    I think it's more that a lot if the difficulty is beating the enrage timer, which is pretty unforgiving for some of the best players on the planet using the best gear available in the game and class stacking DoT specs like there's no tomorrow. This isn't a DPS check boss that can be made far easier in the span of a few weeks thanks to the raid gaining 10-15 overall ilvls, most raids have players already in their BiS or close enough to it without factoring in godly TFs or loot from M Uu'nat, we just aren't as good as the likes of Limit and can't class stack half as well as them.

I'd be very surprised if this boss makes it to next week without a nerf, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I think it's more that a lot if the difficulty is beating the enrage timer, which is pretty unforgiving for some of the best players on the planet using the best gear available in the game and class stacking DoT specs like there's no tomorrow. This isn't a DPS check boss that can be made far easier in the span of a few weeks thanks to the raid gaining 10-15 overall ilvls, most raids have players already in their BiS or close enough to it without factoring in godly TFs or loot from M Uu'nat, we just aren't as good as the likes of Limit and can't class stack half as well as them.

I'd be very surprised if this boss makes it to next week without a nerf, personally.
    Well just because you have the best car doesn't mean you can drive the fastest. There are plenty of mistakes that the players are making and quite frankly, some of the other guilds that are less watched have been playing a lot better. If you see class stacked raids have a near perfect pull while not meeting the enrage, then that's a problem - just like it was on Avatar M. Killing the boss in this state will be very satisfying.

That said, I do expect it to get nerfed in a matter of few weeks.

Well just because you have the best car doesn't mean you can drive the fastest. There are plenty of mistakes that the players are making and quite frankly, some of the other guilds that are less watched have been playing a lot better. If you see class stacked raids have a near perfect pull while not meeting the enrage, then that's a problem - just like it was on Avatar M. Killing the boss in this state will be very satisfying.

That said, I do expect it to get nerfed in a matter of few weeks.
    I think you way underestimate the effects of the class stacking and how much Limit benefits from it. Priests can not only dispel the debuff on themselves more easily than any other class, but being able to cleave on this boss makes the enrage timer far, far easier to handle thus allowing you to potentially take fewer risks with the debuff. And the non-Limit/Method guilds are having a hard time pushing the boss in time despite having better rosters than my guild has. As Fury I'm likely to feel useless on this fight, even more than on Jaina. Blizzard needs to rethink how they design Mythic a bit methinks, Legion had periods of class stacking troubles but this is reaching worse than BRF levels of anti-melee bullshit.

And I'm wary of a first boss that would require a completely perfect pull to kill if you can't have 8 to 10 geared Spriests and Locks in your raid. For Uu'nat, maaaaybe demand that, but for these two jokers? Odyn didn't have anywhere near this sort of composition and DPS requirement.

If you are a melee you are a burden in BfA tbh. Really bad Mythic design. Class stacking all the way.