Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone Else Feel Cheated By Activision?

Alot of my money that could have gone into stocks such as Tilray and Snapchat have instead been trusted to WoW in the hopes of keeping me entertained. However, lately, I have been feeling ambivalent about whether I want to continue supporting this game or not.

Gear progression feels meaningless.

The RNG is awful.

The insignificant rewards for extensive grinding are very underwhelming and causes us to foster a feeling of apathy.

This game has given me so many memories but now I feel crushed.

I just want to see this game bullied until someone hits it on the head so badly that it falls to the ground and bleeds out.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    are you trying to find people to help fund your "lawsuit"? I guess given that you've wasted $54k on the game in 11 months (how???) then you are probably in need of some funds

You PAYED for the time you WERE ENTERTAINED.

If you payed and were not entertained, then it's your problem that you kept paying.

If now, you're no longer entertained, you stop paying and move on. Simple as that.

You pay for 1 month of entertained, you may get 1 month of entertainment. If you get it and want more, you pay another one, if not, you stop. Why would you expect to pay for a period of time and get more in the first place?
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

What in the hell?

Yep. I feel a total idiot for giving money to a company that let's face it has no control in their products anymore.

But ah well. Moved on to better games.

Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post

I just want to see this game bullied until someone hits it on the head so badly that it falls to the ground and bleeds out.

This is a wifebeater's mentality.

Seek help before you hurt someone.

"Lots" of money that could have went to stocks instead went to pay for a WoW subscription. We have a real wolf of wall street on our forums.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I paid while I enjoyed it and stopped paying when I stopped enjoying it. If anyone kept paying whilst they didn't enjoy it, it doesn't mean they were cheated, likely they were just stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to not understand difference between spending and investing. Videogames aren't investments in context of buying them to play
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

What? If you don't like it, don't pay for it. It's really that simple.

Yeah i should go the store and demand my money back for all the food i bought there, now when i eaten good my hole life i feel i could have survived on just ramen noodles instead.

And also on my way back home stop by the gas station and demand some money back, becouse i feel now that i could have just walked.
    Last edited by Raven; 2019-04-24 at 03:38 PM.

I love Blizzard, and I love the game franchises that they continue to put their time and resources into. I've loved them more at one point, and I certainly don't play as much as I used to.

It's a game, though. It's not curing cancer, it's not saving lives from an active shooter, it's not raising a child, and it's not being with a loved one in the most intimate of ways. It's a fucking game.
    People really need to change perspective about gaming and entertainment in general. Don't like it? Don't play it. Go and do something else. I don't think that I will ever understand the over dramatization of "I don't have fun playing this game anymore".

If you actuallt invested on the blizzard stock, you'd be happy right now, if you just paid for subs thinking you would never burn out... too bad?

I just can't wait for them to announce the next xpac , i got no one left to play with in this filler dumpster of xpac hopefully they scrap any sort of AP system and revert back to something more traditional

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you have never invested in Activision, you have been paying for server time access, pretty different thing. You paid for a service, for as long as you have chosen to do so.

If you no longer like it, do not pay, simple.

My opinion: I´ve been playing 13 years, well, I think WoW is still a beat with tones of fun and ,specially , tones of things to do, you simply never have a break if you truly want to do it all.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    I just can't wait for them to announce the next xpac , i got no one left to play with in this filler dumpster of xpac hopefully they scrap any sort of AP system and revert back to something more traditional
    Lol yeah. More leveling, more repetitive quests, more reputation grinds, more replaceable gear. I’m sure another expansion will fix all your woes

How about you just cut your losses like OP should and move on to something that’s actually fun for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Lol yeah. More leveling, more repetitive quests, more reputation grinds, more replaceable gear. I’m sure another expansion will fix all your woes

How about you just cut your losses like OP should and move on to something that’s actually fun for you?
    I stopped playing in november already but I invested soo much time since 2008 to just walk away, every time I read patch notes and all I see being added are more toys and mounts i puke a little in my mouth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post
    Alot of my money that could have gone into stocks such as Tilray and Snapchat have instead been trusted to WoW in the hopes of keeping me entertained. However, lately, I have been feeling ambivalent about whether I want to continue supporting this game or not.

Gear progression feels meaningless.

The RNG is awful.

The insignificant rewards for extensive grinding are very underwhelming and causes us to foster a feeling of apathy.

What the actual fuck?

Can I suggest you quit the game?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you hate RNG but want to invest which is an even worse form of RNG? You just want to complain.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    1. Check OP threads/posts.
    2. Don't feed the troll.