Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I like the coincidence of the title. =P Makes me think her end*wink*game is to collect magical doohickeys to snap her fingers and wipe out half of the living beings in the Warcraft universe.

For real, I don't know. Maybe she's a puppet of N'zoth? Maybe she's actually playing N'zoth, because if you read the spoilers to how the Azshara raid ends, Azshara ain't playing N'zoth, so maybe Sylvanas is? Maybe it has nothing to do with N'zoth and Sylvanas is using or being used by a higher force that wants N'zoth out of the way, Death itself. Could be tied to Azeroth herself. It could be any of those things but anything less would be disappointing.
    The infinity knaifu?

On topic though. I'd love to see the rebuttal for "omg no Blizzard doesn't give her extra powers!! What do you mean she raised a whole army and confounded Nzoth by talking to it, you know an entity even the other old ods said is far cleverer".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    We're in the endgame now.
    Whatever it takes
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Joke's on you, she's wearing pants, not unlike Garrosh.
    How dare you say Sylvanas is Garrosh 2.0?
    Did Garrosh ever covered his nipples?!
    SYLVANAS IS NO GARROSH, SHE WEARS MORE CLOTHES!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    That's not clever from Blizzard at all, and would only serve to make the choice completely meaningless.
    It's an MMO, you will never get any meangful choice because everyone has to arrive at the same end point.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Joke's on you, she's wearing pants, not unlike Garrosh.
    It was a metaphor. https://media1.giphy.com/media/c6KR27VWRERYk/giphy.gif
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Actaeix View Post
    Interesting that people think she is some how allied with N'Zoth, the lines data mined from the 'Eye of the Corruptor' seems to suggest otherwise unless I am interpreting it wrong.

Give in. Accept the embrace. Listen.
    Listen. Listen. Listen. LISTEN.
    The queen threatens the king. There is no way to win. Listen.
    The undrowned will join the chorus. Listen to it.
    Listen. Open the gate. Step into the abyss. Complete the circle.
    You were right to doubt them.
    Listen. She is a threat. Kill her. KILL HER.
    Listen. You know this is the truth. It is but one of a thousand. You have only to listen.
    Everywhere you look, the stars gaze back. You know their form already. You have but to listen.
    Putting Sylvanas aside for a while, this is some terrible dialogue for an Old God's mouthpiece. First of all, this amount of "listen" gives Ocarina of Time flashbacks. Secondly, the fact that such an entity has to ask us to listen all the time makes it look like a little bitch begging for our attention, not an indomitable eldrich horror that tries to manipulate us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

How could even Sylvanas has a pack with Nzoth when until very recently almost nobody even knew Nzoth exist and if they did, nobody knew where he was.

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    How could even Sylvanas has a pack with Nzoth when until very recently almost nobody even knew Nzoth exist and if they did, nobody knew where he was.
    Stop pointing out the plot holes, we haven't finished pouring asphalt on the ones we've already seen. Sylvanas was always an Old God puppet, even when in her own internal monologue she mentioned no such thing and gave her far more mundane goals.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    Sylvanas is so lol evil it granted her the ability to know all other evil entities in the world and their location so she could ally with them. She's the opposite to Anduin and his magical bones of morality.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Putting Sylvanas aside for a while, this is some terrible dialogue for an Old God's mouthpiece. First of all, this amount of "listen" gives Ocarina of Time flashbacks. Secondly, the fact that such an entity has to ask us to listen all the time makes it look like a little bitch begging for our attention, not an indomitable eldrich horror that tries to manipulate us.
    These are probably just random void lines that happen in a fight, like Il'gynoth's whispers. So, you can listen any of them in any order, over a 5 to 8 minutes fight, not all at once.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Maybe she wants to kill Death.
    Given her severely negative attitude to what Shadowlands turned out to be (or at least the part where she ended), it would indeed make sense that Sylvanas would turn rather hostile to the entities of Shadowlands that make it so. And since it makes sense, that won't be it. Sylvanas is just lol evil and does lol evil things for the sake of lol evil. And she has always been this way, even back when she was alive! It is commonly known that the reason she inducted Nathanos into the Rangers was so that he could infiltrate human villages much more easily than any High Elf could, so that he could then steal human babies for (still living) Sylvanas to turn into marmite.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    These are probably just random void lines that happen in a fight, like Il'gynoth's whispers. So, you can listen any of them in any order, over a 5 to 8 minutes fight, not all at once.
    Navi also didn't spam "hey listen" every half a second. It was still a pitiful creature.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    So... what exactly is Sylvanas' plan? Ruining the Horde and making everyone hate her?
    Get everybody killed so she can raise them all as forsaken?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's more evidence/example against that than for it. Her having the blade isn't enough. If anything, she's allied with some entity of Death, she's literally enacting the will of Death since Three sisters.

People keep forgetting about the fact that Bwonsamdi has a ''Death Boss'' and that a ''Shadowy entity'' puppeted Vol'jin.
    Then why does Bwon want Sylv dead? He offers to free Talanji from his bargain if she brings him Sylv's head. Why would Bwon's boss both empower Sylv and simultaneously direct another of his powerful lieutenants to kill her? Does not compute. Besides all that, Bwon and, assumingly, his boss, despise unnatural undeath and prefer souls to pass on rather than linger on and muck up the world of the living.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

I got a sinister vibe of "It was a master plan all along!".

Yeech, that "master plan" better not be heroicly facing some unseen menace that somehow she kept for herself instead of trying to unite everyone (since Alliance, Horde and neutrals have never joined forces to face some world destroying danger).

It would be akin to "I burned the children's hospital with all children inside to make you hate me and become stronger so that we may face this new cosmic enemy! And you did become stronger, we all did with all that killing! Isn't it wonderful?"

I mean, the "both must kill each other to get stronger" is as stupid as it gets, but...
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe she wants to kill Death.
    Its a possibility and in game, there's one reference to it, Nathanos does mention that, in the end, Sylvanas is fighting Death itself (and as Nathanos is, call everyone a fool for not seeing that)

Note: In a quest, somewhere, either way, as the Good War story tell us, not even Nathanos knows the extend of all Sylvanas plans
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2019-04-25 at 08:33 PM.

Well Helya is still alive apparently and Sylvanas made a deal with her back in legion. Both of them have a lot to do with undeath so I wonder if it has something to do with that. I really hope it’s not some weird redemption arc, she’s never been like that and should never be. I wouldn’t mind her going deeper into the evil that she is and I wouldn’t mind her using the horde as a stepping stone to do so but I also don’t want her to end up as a laughably crazy evil boss type of thing. A goddess of undeath would be interesting I think and we know that there’s some shit going on in the shadow lands we know nothing about.

She could be working for someone/something and we just don’t know because it hasn’t been shown yet. We have no idea what her deal with Helya was. Bwon is a loa of death with a master and we know bwon doesn’t really like her because she’s focused on undeath but who knows. Hopefully they don’t make this some weird redemption shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not clever from Blizzard at all, and would only serve to make the choice completely meaningless.
    ooh didums. Did the idea of following a blatantly obviously evil character not work out for you then?

It really takes a special kind of derp not think it could have gone any other way then this. Sylvanas fans, unable to acknowledge the evil shit she's doing and the impact that has on something like the horde, so when she finally goes off the deep end that the player character can't follow in because it would break game mechanics, you act surprised?

Seriously, you thought the shit she did would lead to something better? killing not just thousands of innocent victims on one side, but killing the hordes own troops and raising them into undead, and now old god shit.

When is the cut off point for you lot? When do you actually cut off from this realizing nope, gone to far?

Then again I also think theres some more alliance driven fans who only love the idea of sylvanas doing this since its an easy excuse to think of the horde as the bad guys, and without her around, kinda puts a kibosh in that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I see it more as Sylvanas being Sylvanas, really. Her becoming the Warchief simply gave her more power to do what she wanted to do in the first place - and the entire plan of the War of Thorns and the Blood War have been designed since day one to serve her ends. Sylvanas shared her agenda with us in "Before the Storm," namely the creation of innumerable Forsaken by destroying Stormwind and raising its Human populace into undeath. She sold the War of Thorns as a fight to preserve the Horde from the already-hostile Alliance, but she has little to no care about the future of the Horde beyond the end goal of emptying Stormwind and finally having enough Forsaken for her to feel secure from the specter of true death. The moral relativity present here is in the fact that she's not necessarily wrong about the Alliance - Anduin wants peace but he doesn't rule alone and there are other powers who won't rest until the Horde is no longer any form of threat. But there's no altruism in Sylvanas' argument, and if push came to shove she'd sail the Horde down the river to secure her own legacy and ensure the perpetuity of her unlife.

Just as Garrosh led the Horde for the purpose of his own self-aggrandizement, Sylvanas leads the Horde for the purpose of her own immortality. All else is a of distant and secondary concern.
    Its been so obvious this has always been her goal, from the moment it was made clear in the story her death meant she would spend existence in warcrafts version of hell, wherever an undead 'soul' goes. Since she found this out she's been doing everything to form a wall around herself to keep herself from facing that end. And she doesn't give a shit about who else dies to keep that from happening.

Before, in wc3 and early wow, I could have believed she actually valued keeping her own people safe. But the stories shifted, she only looks at her own as a meat wall to save her own ass.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2019-04-26 at 12:36 AM.
    #boycottchina

I honestly meant it more literally.
    We see in BTS that she identifies with undeath at this point on a philosophical level. The stillness of emotion that undeath offers, the detachment, is a desirable state for her (perhaps because she IS so emotional). Her phrasing makes it seem like she honestly thinks people (like the humans of SW) would be better of undead.
    This also ties in well with my fan theory on the goal of the Light; perfect order and stillness is the only way to defeat the Void. The Void's gift is flesh and thus mortality; it turned the immortal titanforged to mortal creatures of flesh. Similarly death is the greatest fear of the Naaru since in death they become Void. To kill everything and return it to undeath so that it can survive forever more is the greatest victory for the Light and that plan starts with Calia Menethil. Sylvanas might actually be an unwitting pawn of the Light serving in the same game. It explains the Void's opposition to her as well.
    She only thinks that because she is depressed in so many levels and Golden wanted her to look more evil. Undeath was to her some necessary evil in orden to not go to hell and the forsakens the tools for that goal. If anything she would want to get something that either send her to some paradise afterlife or godhood that restore her living status and inmortality, she experienced a lot of emotions when she touched Azerite and saw herself not longer undead and more into a goddess of creation and destruction, something that ironically is balanced as Bwonsamdi says.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    I didn't sign up to become a victim of bad writing when I sided with her. No, thanks.
    should have thought more about your choices then shouldn't you. Shit like this has consequences.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    should have thought more about your choices then shouldn't you. Shit like this has consequences.
    If anything, your prediction would mean there would be literaly no consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I made a choice that felt most natural to my ingame character and I would do it again.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.