View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    I'm not sure Dribbles is ever serious?
    So long as it isn't just me that realises they are doing their utmost to be the ultimate windmill for prospective Don Quixote's to tilt at.

So...

Is it back to indicative votes 3.0? Or was that ruled out too? I've lost track.
    We're in the second period of extra-time so when that's finished we go to a penalty shoot-out or end it and have a rematch at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Various sources are reporting that the cross party Con/Lab Brexit talks are close to collapse.

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1121034335002480640
    Surprising exactly no one...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    So long as it isn't just me that realises they are doing their utmost to be the ultimate windmill for prospective Don Quixote's to tilt at.
    Dude... we're back to the Pythons. Poor old Terry Gilliam. His nemesis.

In all honesty the problem is that there's no-one to argue with in this thread. Broadly, people agree with each other. I'm sure that Mr D just plays the bad guy. Pann deliberately chooses to pick people up on their accuracy (is they a senior civil servant?). We should all head over to https://forums.pattayatalk.com/topic/69350-brexit-n-golf/ and have a proper debate with some gammon.

Dude... we're back to the Pythons. Poor old Terry Gilliam. His nemesis.

In all honesty the problem is that there's no-one to argue with in this thread. Broadly, people agree with each other. I'm sure that Mr D just plays the bad guy. Pann deliberately chooses to pick people up on their accuracy (is they a senior civil servant?). We should all head over to https://forums.pattayatalk.com/topic/69350-brexit-n-golf/ and have a proper debate with some gammon.
    I agree and I think I've made a similar point myself. If Dribbs is playing devil's advocate then it's some Swiftian version where they do their best to humiliate the side they are attempting to advocate for.

I'm not sure the thread is better for it, but I do admire the commitment to satire I guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    No satire here. Best guesses why easyjet are expanding flight operations between the UK and the EU?

There will also be more frequent flights to some of Europe’s top destinations

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-...rtures-2764504

Do you think it is because of and a benefit of brexit or is it just all the remainers fleeing the UK? Someone said once, didn't they?, that the planes wouldn't fly anymore, those easyjet dudes must be crazy no? I mean what could they possibly know about running an airline and planning around the implications of brexit?

One would think they ought to be considering mothballing their aircraft, or perhaps it was just more nonsense from project fear...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    No satire here.
    You say that but then you wrote all this.

Best guesses why easyjet are expanding flight operations between the UK and the EU?

There will also be more frequent flights to some of Europe’s top destinations

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-...rtures-2764504

Do you think it is because of and a benefit of brexit or is it just all the remainers fleeing the UK? Someone said once, didn't they?, that the planes wouldn't fly anymore, those easyjet dudes must be crazy no? I mean what could they possibly know about running an airline and planning around the implications of brexit?

One would think they ought to be considering mothballing their aircraft, or perhaps it was just more nonsense from project fear...
    I question your authenticity dribbs when you once more present the perfect dragon for all the Knights of the thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    You say that but then you wrote all this.

I question your authenticity dribbs when you once more present the perfect dragon for all the Knights of the thread.
    They are some very reasonable questions of the project fear remain lies I have asked though.

And sending a few remain knights up against an unslayable brexit dragon is not going to cut it. That is the task that remain, in order to win the debate, face. And so far I haven't come across a single white walker let alone an army of them capable of it here.

Even looking outside of this forum all remainers can put forward is Adonis up against an SBS war hero.

So on May 23 the British people have a choice. War hero JAGlancy, a retired Captain in the Royal Marines who was awarded the Conspicuous Gallantry Cross for serving in Afghanistan.

Or Andrew Adonis. It's a tough one...

https://twitter.com/LeaveEUOfficial/...60778695610370

Remain might as well throw in the towel already.
    Last edited by dribbles; 2019-04-24 at 11:01 PM.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

They are some very reasonable questions of the project fear remain lies I have asked though.
    Could you list them? There wasn't anything like that in the last article you linked but I'm sure the thread is clamouring for a "Best of dribbles" compilation, it's going to be slow going in here for a while so.....

And sending a few remain knights up against an unslayable brexit dragon is not going to cut it. That is the task that remain, in order to win the debate, face. And so far I haven't come across a single white walker let alone an army of them capable of it here.

Even looking outside of this forum all remainers can put forward is Adonis up against an SBS war hero.

So on May 23 the British people have a choice. War hero JAGlancy, a retired Captain in the Royal Marines who was awarded the Conspicuous Gallantry Cross for serving in Afghanistan.

Or Andrew Adonis. It's a tough one...

https://twitter.com/LeaveEUOfficial/...60778695610370

Remain might as well throw in the towel already.
    And again you set yourself up to be humiliated. No one is voting for your alleged war hero, no one is voting for Adonis. If the May elections happen we will be voting for parties not candidates.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously, can we all go and occupy

https://politicspoliticalforum.com/t...ssion)/page262
    How many ways can you find to write "MUH SOVEREIGNTY!".

Seriously, can we all go and occupy

https://politicspoliticalforum.com/t...ssion)/page262
    Huh, so there is an actual forum just for politics... is it better than this shitshow?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Huh, so there is an actual forum just for politics... is it better than this shitshow?
    It looks like a hoot! Exactly what a large portion of the posters of this thread have been itching for, real Brexiteers to argue with. They will even tell you that the EU is undemocratic and that they are sick of subsidising it.

Personally I think I'll pass it it's all the same to you Nigel.

Oh and for the burner, they have a thread you will love about how the young just need to pick themselves up by their bootstraps and stop blaming old people for everything, right up your street I'm sure.

https://politicspoliticalforum.com/t...e-been-shafted
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2019-04-25 at 12:04 AM.

I'd rather have dribbles continue to give a summary of those forums...

Leadsom confirms that the WA will not be put before the house for MV4 next week.

https://twitter.com/tnewtondunn/stat...74820837597185

7+ Year Old Account
    Did you post a reciprocal link on there back here? Or perhaps you don't want to corrupt here with ardent brexiteers?

I do understand the outside world is a scary place for non brexiteers and if you want to keep mmoc a safespace for remainers and EU fanatics that's OK too. I try as best I can as a moderate, to be calm, considered, gentle and thoughtful to remain sensitivities with my replies here bearing in mind I am kind of in their home, as an outsider.

I think it is always useful for small minorities such as remainers and EU supporters to have a quiet place to chill. Must be frightening for them to leave their front doors into the real world or venture elsewhere on the internet, other than here, to see it swarming, by massive majority, brexiteers on every corner. Scary stuff....

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    I'd rather have dribbles continue to give a summary of those forums...
    Oh that's so lovely, you make me feel so wanted. I always knew there was someone other than me mum who loves me...

Did you post a reciprocal link on there back here? Or perhaps you don't want to corrupt here with ardent brexiteers?

I do understand the outside world is a scary place for non brexiteers and if you want to keep mmoc a safespace for remainers and EU fanatics that's OK too. I try as best I can as a moderate, to be calm, considered, gentle and thoughtful to remain sensitivities with my replies here bearing in mind I am kind of in their home, as an outsider.

I think it is always useful for small minorities such as remainers and EU supporters to have a quiet place to chill. Must be frightening for them to leave their front doors into the real world or venture elsewhere on the internet, other than here, to see it swarming, by massive majority, brexiteers on every corner. Scary stuff....
    Honestly, Mr D, what are you talking about.

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/question...he-referendum/

Leave haven't led an opinion poll since February 2017.

I really don't see how Remain's (admittedly small) majority for the past 2 years can be interpreted as a "massive majority" for Leave.

And then with regard to MMO-C; this thread, yes, is mostly populated by remainers hence my initial comment. But it's not as if the rest of General OT doesn't exist. One thing you can't accuse General OT of as being is an echo chamber.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, Mr D, what are you talking about.

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/question...he-referendum/

Leave haven't led an opinion poll since February 2017.

I really don't see how Remain's (admittedly small) majority for the past 2 years can be interpreted as a "massive majority" for Leave.

And then with regard to MMO-C; this thread, yes, is mostly populated by remainers hence my initial comment. But it's not as if the rest of General OT doesn't exist. One thing you can't accuse General OT of as being is an echo chamber.
    Well let's look at the history of votes past to present.

2014 UKIP won EU elections - Will of the people = leave - tick
    2015 GE Parties promising an in out EU referendum got 55% of the vote - tick for leave
    2016 Referendum 52% voted leave - tick
    2017 GE Parties promising to honour the leave vote got 85% of the vote - another leave tick
    2019 The brexit party will win most seats in the EU elections in 4 weeks - another tick

When has remain ever won any referendum/opinion poll that counts?

You know why leave will ultimately win? Remainers go on marches with the beardy tree huggers, but leavers quietly go and vote. Only one of them count in a democracy and it's not marching.

And mystic megging the future? Here's a picture of that if remainers can bear to look....

FARAGE IN NO10? Nigel Farage reveals for the first time his Brexit Party WILL stand in next General Election

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit...eral-election/

The only thing that could have stopped the Farage phoenix rise is replacing May with Boris. But they bottled it.

10+ Year Old Account
    When has remain ever won any referendum/opinion poll that counts?
    Last I recall, as of this moment the UK was still in the EU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

It is a bluff and they wont leave, they have the ability to right now but they just drag their feet.. Now after the what the 2nd or extension they are holding elections and still wont go away.
    Face it the Rosbif wont leave. They are like a 4 year old threatning to run away from home.