Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how Legion was full of void/purple when it was a demon expansion people were complaining about WoD and Legion being full of fel green

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    We've had dabbles of the void in the past, and now in Legion and BFA we've been smothered with the purple tints of the void in almost every direction.

Is anybody else a little over the whole void theme already? I cannot imagine having to play over 2 years in a void themed expansion with more purple void everywhere.
    Can you please list me all these 'void and old gods' examples that you poor little thing are smothered with? Because all I see is baseless accusations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Honestly, I loved the Legion theme more. The Green, Red, Black, and (Some) Purple theme made the Legion feel ultimate. Their conquered/destroyed Worlds, Antorus, the buildings and ships on Argus, Kil'jaeden's ship, Gul'dan, all of them felt badass. Everyone felt like an ultimate enemy due to their sheer power and colors. They resembled Corruption, Torment, Chaos, Death. Now, with the Void Lords, they lost most of it due to them being pushed back as a "side" threat, which is honestly the stupidest fucking thing Blizzard has ever done. To me, the Void is a side threat, while the Legion will always be the main enemy, because they are. They made the Scourge, they make even Old Gods shit themselves, Azshara feels threatened by the Legion, and her Naga are basically one of the coolest looking, and most threatening foes in WoW.

The Void Theme is also kinda trash, as their colors aren't all that interesting. Purple, black and pink...wow...

The Legion did it better.
    You forgot a massive 'In my opinion' right around everywhere in your post. For me green and black has been the most boring shit ever, and I much prefer the varied environments and colors found in BfA over Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're seeing things my friend, I see lush green jungles and rolling hills with beautiful cliff faces and massive temples.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    There hasn't been a entire void expansion at all. Just stuff here and there. People talk about it like it's been as overdone as the green that we saw in TBC, WoD (towards the end) and in Legion.

I mean there is a bit in Stormsong Valley but not really much outside of that in BFA and it doesn't even take up all of Stormsong. It's just one of the 3 big stories there.

Calling Mists of Pandaria a void/old god expansion is a big stretch. The closest would be the Sha but they have an entirely different look and color scheme from the other stuff and the rest of the expansion definitely doesn't have that theme. It was mostly bugs, monkeys, pandas, dragons and had a huge Chinese influence with some war thrown in there.

Cata is a stretch too. There might be one area that has that theme but it's not overdone. Cata mostly had a elemental/dragon theme.

Even in Legion you didn't really get the void/old god stuff all that much outside of Mac'Aree in Argus.

We've never actually went fully at war with them. They've just been a recurring villain teasing stuff throughout the expansions. We may have faced old god influenced enemies such as the Naga and we've even faced a few old gods but the expansion was never revolving around them. In fact, this expansion is probably the most old god themed one we've had and they surprisingly have held back quite a bit with it. I really expected us to be beat over the head with it but we really haven't. It makes sense though, the old gods mostly operate from the shadows.

I wouldn't be against another void themed expansion. Obviously I wouldn't want the ENTIRE thing to be purple but I'm not burned out on that theme yet. I just want us to finish off the Old Gods this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Can you please list me all these 'void and old gods' examples that you poor little thing are smothered with? Because all I see is baseless accusations.

- - - Updated - - -

You forgot a massive 'In my opinion' right around everywhere in your post. For me green and black has been the most boring shit ever, and I much prefer the varied environments and colors found in BfA over Legion.
    "For me green and black"

That's not even the entire Legion theme, however. Half of Antorus isn't even Green and Black.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, it's my opinion. I'm not saying it like it isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    There hasn't been a entire void expansion at all. Just stuff here and there. People talk about it like it's been as overdone as the green that we saw in TBC, WoD (towards the end) and in Legion.

I mean there is a bit in Stormsong Valley but not really much outside of that in BFA and it doesn't even take up all of Stormsong. It's just one of the 3 big stories there.

Calling Mists of Pandaria a void/old god expansion is a big stretch. The closest would be the Sha but they have an entirely different look and color scheme from the other stuff and the rest of the expansion definitely doesn't have that theme. It was mostly bugs, monkeys, pandas, dragons and had a huge Chinese influence with some war thrown in there.

Cata is a stretch too. There might be one area that has that theme but it's not overdone. Cata mostly had a elemental/dragon theme.

Even in Legion you didn't really get the void/old god stuff all that much outside of Mac'Aree in Argus.

We've never actually went fully at war with them. They've just been a recurring villain teasing stuff throughout the expansions. We may have faced old god influenced enemies such as the Naga and we've even faced a few old gods but the expansion was never revolving around them. In fact, this expansion is probably the most old god themed one we've had and they surprisingly have held back quite a bit with it. I really expected us to be beat over the head with it but we really haven't. It makes sense though, the old gods mostly operate from the shadows.

I wouldn't be against another void themed expansion. Obviously I wouldn't want the ENTIRE thing to be purple but I'm not burned out on that theme yet. I just want us to finish off the Old Gods this expansion.
    To be fair here, you got a ton of Void and Shadow magics used in Antorus, and around most Legion areas. However, they were Old God magics.

15+ Year Old Account
    The old gods sort of. If it is more purple, void elf, burning crusade style stuff then nope. I miss some of the color and for lack of a better word at this time "whimsy" style of many BC armor and stuff. It worked in a way that wasn't cheesy. I'd love to see them apply modern design and models with that style. Its hard for me to really explain I guess.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I consider void and old god two fairly separate themes and BfA has so far been more old god than void.

Void is more like Netherstorm, Telogrus Rift, and Mac'aree. Cosmos, swirling black/purple energies.

Old gods may use shadow/void magic but the actual aesthetic is more fleshy, lots of eyes, teeth, and tentacles.

I love void theme.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post

That's something i have been telling to myself, i would love to see full void zones xpac theme.
    Old gods... This xpac ain't even a full old god theme. The xpac is related to saving Azeroth.

My theory is that old gods since they mean chaos, and putting people against each other, all that is happening as war between the factions, are influenced by the old gods, so that means, yes its still old god related but you know, you see it only on a few zones, just a few old god minions, just a few void minions, none of the two seem a full themed. Raids have old god related stuff but the xpac is about war between the factions, so it's kinda confusing cause it's like a mix of faction war, void and old gods

I still want a expansion with just void theme

Weird, weren't people bitching about there being too much faction war this expansion?

But now there's too much Old God / Void theme. You guys can't even keep your shitposting consistent anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    "For me green and black"

That's not even the entire Legion theme, however. Half of Antorus isn't even Green and Black.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, it's my opinion. I'm not saying it like it isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair here, you got a ton of Void and Shadow magics used in Antorus, and around most Legion areas. However, they were Old God magics.
    Can you tell me exactly what part of Antorus isn't black, aside from literally the last 2 bosses? There is still fel even in varimathras and coven fight, and they are demons, basically the same thing we've been fighting since ToS. You are grasping at fucking straws and lying to yourself if you think that half of antorus isn't green and black, (or even legion itself), and then you talk about how boring the void theme was, considering that only Mythrax, and now Crucible have been heavy void themed bosses. But sure, keep bullshitting mate

i would love to slaughter and raid some paladins and light stuff for once... but you know, ally and "muh, we are heroes!11!1!" stuff...
    maybe i can still hope in yrel

Personally I like the void theme stuff. I loved the twilight's hammer architecture from Cata especially.

10+ Year Old Account
    People might of gotten sick of Felfire but it when it was partially already seen at the end of WoD, that probably didn't help. BFA certainly has more color to it and I think that's important. Having variety of color doesn't hurt even if the theme is "Cosmic horror and evil ugly Cthullu dudes"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    We've had dabbles of the void in the past, and now in Legion and BFA we've been smothered with the purple tints of the void in almost every direction.

Is anybody else a little over the whole void theme already? I cannot imagine having to play over 2 years in a void themed expansion with more purple void everywhere.
    No, not really. The Void/Old goyd stuff is pretty cool to me and it's still an area in the overall Warcraft universe we know very little about. I want to explore it more. Not less.
    Yohohoho

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They could always be smart and not make the Void be entirely this purple thing. Emerald Nightmare is RED! Some Old Gods are Pink and/or Cyan!

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The Old Gods all serve the Void Lords.
    You sure? I can't find the exact quote that says they serve the Void Lords, only that they were created by those things. The only thing we know is that the Void Lords pooled their power to create the Old Gods.

It could be similar to a human creating an eery, powerful supercomputer that isn't even aware of the existence of the humanity. The computer would be powerful in a way that the human isn't!

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    The Old Gods are a void creation but they aren't really the same thing as each other. It's like how you have Tauren in the Horde and the Orcs in the Horde even though it's currently run by the Forsaken and they are all very different from each other. Or even like the Naga which were created by the Old Gods but still have their own look.

So yeah, I think I probably don't need to see that much more Old Gods or Naga because those have been the biggest Void related enemies we have faced on Azeroth but we've never directly went at it with the void itself and they have a different look than the other 2.

The void is shadow magic. Sorta, I dunno, like evil genies or something. I can't really describe it. If Pandaria was based on Chinese visuals then the void is based on Arabic/Egyptian visuals just darker and purple. Where as Old Gods are Lovecraftian/Sea creature style monstrosities and purple isn't necessarily even their color. C'Thun is the only fully purple Old God. All the other old gods may have purple on them but there is lots of green and other colors on them too.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    People said the same shit back in Legion, "everything is green, either darker or lighter FUCKING GREEN". So yeah. Tough luck.
    Also "waow so much elf stuff lawl" and then in WoD "IS ANYONE ORCS?!?"

Seems like people don't get how an "expansion theme" works. And BFA is pretty varied.

Fel Green sucked in Legion. I'd happily accept a Black/Purple theme.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    I love the void visuals with all the swirling purple and black. But Void/Entropy and all the Nothingness sort of things never held any appeal for me its just too esoteric and boring. Same with Order vs Chaos sort of things. The fun comes from in between. But in the Warcraft setting especially with void pretty much meaning old gods then yes the old gods are just kind of bland, we already have manipulative beings we don't need puppet masters behind the puppet masters its bleh. Id rather see an end to a current setting before we get to another jumping off point and we still have too many things hanging in the air to really concentrate on the void coming in.