Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    Im sorry to dissapoint you but If you actually played this game in top 100 world since VANILA you would know that many top Vanila players / guilds who continued to play the game kept their posture on staying at the top level in next expansions.
    I specifically stated "if they will be playing right now like they did in 2005" to avoid this kind of quotes.

Believe me or not but the best players i've ever played with(and those are you avg ~95 wol performers) are all except one is BC/Wotlk kids and no further.

For w/e reason most players who started after Cata lack either common sense and have severe problems with perception of reality/or ability to think "differently" and try/test things themselves instead of blindly following the guides, and more often than not feel like a mindless robots with the only ability to press buttons on their panels.
    Last edited by Pu3Ho; 2019-04-24 at 11:33 PM.

Boss fights will be shorter for sure. If OOMkins, Shadow Priests & co can sustain their mana with just runes and pots, they will definitely be more competitive than they used to be.

With any luck, debuff slots won't matter too much either.

Quote Originally Posted by Penpal View Post
    Boss fights will be shorter for sure. If OOMkins, Shadow Priests & co can sustain their mana with just runes and pots, they will definitely be more competitive than they used to be.
    Can you elaborate how? Since OOMkins had higher mana (afaik) cost on spells, no clearcasts mechanics nor mana taps? On a patchwerk as Mage you WOULD go OOM even with perfectly timed Mana pots, Robe of the archmage, evo and just switching to lower rank spells or scorch to keep ignite rolling? You cannot miracously shorten the fights by 20/30% based on the numbers we got in same gear, likely won't even shave 5% to make the fights that short to sustain the mana.

Those bold statements have 0 merits.
    Last edited by Sorcereria; 2019-04-25 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I recall how rare it was to see Druid tanks in major raiding guilds, and offspecs/hybrids as well.

This time round willing to bet that will change. I think we will see people going for those specs and doing well -especially druid tanks.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ntent/35613/96

https://docs.google.com/document/u/2...CDZdxC7lEE/pub
    a different vanilla is not vanilla. shit server is gonna be shit

Quote Originally Posted by Pu3Ho View Post
    Alliance's NON-DWARF Priests at the lvl 60 will find out that in order to get into any proper guild(not a casual LFR-type shitshow) they they will suddenly need to become Dwarfs
    Really? is that so?
    Well... i wonder how these people managed with non-dwarf priests then.

Full gallery:
    https://imgur.com/a/bNbS5

If your applying into a guild who only takes dwarf priests, then i think its safe to say they suck anyway... if people didnt need only dwarf priests in raids in 2005, then you wont be needing them in 2019 either.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Really? is that so?
    Well... i wonder how these people managed with non-dwarf priests then.

If your applying into a guild who only takes dwarf priests, then i think its safe to say they suck anyway... if people didnt need only dwarf priests in raids in 2005, then you wont be needing them in 2019 either.
    Yes, you can kill everything with almost any setup, it's just a matter of time and especially gear which you would need to do it. Like i said guilds with the name "We take into a raid anyone and any spec and any class - join us" will be farming AQ20 and telling everyone about how hard Classic Content is ;D

While in the meantime proper guilds who actually don't waste their time on inviting and gearing inefficient and mostly stupid players who simply refuse to play optimal and moreover KNOWN and CONFIRMED to be better than other options stuff - will be farming Naxx.

It's always a choice, be happy noob who takes months to lvl up and "enjoys the journey"(quits around lvl 40) while playing his rpally or aoe farm on frost mage get 60 in 50-55hours and clear MC on the next day after that for the next 4months or so, plays 5-6h/w with ~2 of them is to clear MC and another 4 is to farm some gold for consumables in the DM/Mara/OpenWorld on elites or where you want.
    Last edited by Pu3Ho; 2019-04-25 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    I'm not saying you can't, but you're missing a lot of other key parts if you keep chasing lvl 38 "of Defense" blues or whatever they were called.
    Lower health, missing resistances, lower avoidance due to much lower agility etc.

You are sacrificing survivability in order to patch up a hole that a warrior tank simply doesn't have, and he doesn't have to make that sacrifice.
    This is not correct. there were plenty of items with defense on that a druid could wear and the insane amount of armor compared to other tanks was their big selling point. If you had a single target fight with all physical, a druid tank was the way to go in late vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    Are you gonna claim you can be Def capped without gimping other stats? Becouse nobody in their right mind tells you cant hard cap def. Everyone is telling you and others you CANT BE def capped AND maintain EQUAL stats WITHOUT gimping yourself overall compared to warriors. End of story.
    I feel this forum is full of people coming from private servers or sth who play/ed different ball game that Vanila used to be.
    At this point we can discuss aswell if hunter pets are enough to tank MC. Yes they are, we've done it. Can they tank anything beyond? No, not really.

If they maintain classic numbers to the original people will hit the wall, and it will be a hard hit I'll get popcorn and watch the forums burn.

PS. I'm still waiting since 'we were so bad and terrible players in vanila' and our theorycraft was shit, for the winner to mention how, which boss and by which guild made an amazing & creative way to kill a very deep boss in naxx vanila by a PUG RAID.
    Hint: "in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."

I want people to also realize that gear scaling difference from BiS pre raid to BiS BWL/AQ levels was huge. We have been clearing MC 15Man, BWL aswell once we got the numbers. I can be my ass now that I can name few bosses early on that will be quite a pain to progress through due to gear checks and how simple encounters on paper can turn into easy wipe fests as many little thing can go REALLY wrong that sometimes are diffucult to predict manage - to those calling the content easy, done million times, especially on horde.
    Alliance really had it much easier and the only unhappy classes on Alliance side were Fury warriors left without windfury
    You had a few leather items with def and plenty of items for all the other slots. I am not claiming that you could be, I am claiming that I was. I never did Naxx however and was healing AQ 40 but I have tanked a ton of bosses all the way up to that as a druid tank. People seem to be forgetting the quick switch outs you could do and go from feral to tanking in late vanilla. For AQ 20 you didn't even need to be def capped as a druid tank due to the insane amount of armor. I remember reaching around 80% damage reduction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    Not like it matters since it is impossible to quash the preconceived notions of blind mmo-c posters but here is a link that covers just about EVERYTHING involving feral tank capabilities. Sorry if it has already been linked but apparently MANY of you know very little about feral tanks and I know you will not read the info anyway but here it is in spite of your willful ignorance:

https://www.warcrafttavern.com/guide...ng-in-vanilla/
    If you actually read what's written in this article you'll realize that he admits that druid tank have significant disadvantages, aka, not being crit immune, having less survivability and being harder to gear up, because he leeches gear from important DPS characters. So, yeah, we already covered it here, you won't see many druid tanks, because you have to, basically, build your raid around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you can kill everything with almost any setup, it's just a matter of time and especially gear which you would need to do it. Like i said guilds with the name "We take into a raid anyone and any spec and any class - join us" will be farming AQ20 and telling everyone about how hard Classic Content is ;D

While in the meantime proper guilds who actually don't waste their time on inviting and gearing inefficient and mostly stupid players who simply refuse to play optimal and moreover KNOWN and CONFIRMED to be better than other options stuff - will be farming Naxx.

It's always a choice, be happy noob who takes months to lvl up and "enjoys the journey"(quits around lvl 40) while playing his rpally or aoe farm on frost mage get 60 in 50-55hours and clear MC on the next day after that for the next 4months or so, plays 5-6h/w with ~2 of them is to clear MC and another 4 is to farm some gold for consumables in the DM/Mara/OpenWorld on elites or where you want.
    I can't help but feel that people like you don't actually enjoy this game because you actively try to spend as little time as possible playing it, or just simply enjoy such a tiny amount of it I don't know why you'd even play. Who cares how long it takes people to do stuff, if they're having fun the entire time? You make it sound like a bad thing that people want to spend time playing what they want and having fun instead of cookie-cuttering their way through the game then having nothing to do. I'll gladly play with a "lesser" guild just to avoid elitists like yourself, you make the game significantly less fun for others.

Oh, and Dwarf priests? If your warriors know how to stance dance, dwarf priests are basically useless, where as humans get a 5% spirit passive, which get's better the higher you go thanks to gear. Most tanks this time around will know how to stance dance. Also, Dread only took ~2 month longer to down KT than the world first kill. OH NO A WHOLE TWO MONTHS MORE THAT I HAVE TO ENJOY PLAYING WOW THE HORROR.

PS, Im going to be leveling as Ret, until you can get Reckoning it's the fastest way to level with a smattering of holy talents, but since we're starting with 1.12 we very likely won't have sit crits so Reckoning is going to be not very good, and prot isn't really viable AoE grinding until ~48 when you can get Thrash Blade and use Holy Wrath in plaguelands. Also even on private servers I don't think anyone has hit max level in as little as two days two hours, and if they have it was likely with a hunter, not a mage. Sounds like you're talking out your ass. Ret is shit at max level, we all know that, but leveling is a different game. Any paladin spec can heal/tank 5 mans while leveling, and Ret does more damage and has a passive speed boost to both run speed and mount speed, which helps a lot more than people think.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2019-04-25 at 08:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The difference is there's going to be a huge percentage of the population that already has the game knowledge which will speed up content consumption.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alliance's NON-DWARF Priests at the lvl 60 will find out that in order to get into any proper guild(not a casual LFR-type shitshow) they they will suddenly need to become Dwarfs

Other option is to raid with autistic retards who think that bringing shadow priests/ret pallies/moonkins/druid tanks is perfectly viable and everything will be fine(those will be progressing BWL/AQ20 when proper guilds will already have Naxx on farm). Thou based on what i read in this thread... there are a lot of people who will be doing that.

I especially like how some snowflakes here deny anything which comes from the private servers and succumbing into "it wasn't like that in the 2005!11111" when the best players from 2005, if they play right now like they did in 2005 won't even get a raid spot in the most of mid-tier guilds.
    My guild of autistic retards were on Sindragosa by the time 2.0 popped.
    We had a Retribution paladin (myself), at least one shadow priest and several none-dwarf healer priests.
    We were the #2 or #3 guild on the server.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    You seriously think that guilds will turn away from level 60 priests just because they don't have fear ward? Yeah, sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    This is not correct. there were plenty of items with defense on that a druid could wear and the insane amount of armor compared to other tanks was their big selling point. If you had a single target fight with all physical, a druid tank was the way to go in late vanilla.
    Except that's not true either.
    I'd love to see a druid maintank Patchwerk since, by your logic, it's a physical fight so a druid is the "way to go".

Bottom line being, you can't get defense capped without sacrificing other vital stats.
    Sacrifices that warriors didn't have to make.
    Which made warriors, in fact, VASTLY superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Also even on private servers I don't think anyone has hit max level in as little as two days two hours, and if they have it was likely with a hunter, not a mage.
    I don't disagree with any part of your post and I don't have anything to chime in on except this part.
    The current fastest leveling I have seen getting recorded is 2 days and 14 hours IIRC, which was done by a druid. Second fastest was a hunter from what I recall.

So you are correct in your assumption that the fastest levelers aren't mages, they're too limited by mana.
    Last edited by Gungnir; 2019-04-25 at 10:48 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure why not? I tanked with my druid in aq40
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

I don't know people are assuming even with 100% no changes the game will be the same.

It simply won't.

More online resources, better class understanding, returning players will be more mature, experience from each expansion and actual pcs which can run the game properly. Will be totally different. I'm seriously doubting (short of world firsts and server firsts) that any class will be incapable of competing decently on teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I don't know people are assuming even with 100% no changes the game will be the same.

It simply won't.

More online resources, better class understanding, returning players will be more mature, experience from each expansion and actual pcs which can run the game properly. Will be totally different. I'm seriously doubting (short of world firsts and server firsts) that any class will be incapable of competing decently on teams.
    There are some specs that pretty much has a hardcap that keeps them from being able to compete.
    Spriests, boomkin and eleshamans all suffer HEAVILY from mana limitations and simply will run out of mana no matter what.

And then you have other specs that suffer from other hardcaps, such as enhancement shamans either run Windfury and do okay DPS but periodically die when pulling aggro, or not run Windfury and not do much damage at all.

There are some specs that pretty much has a hardcap that keeps them from being able to compete.
    Spriests, boomkin and eleshamans all suffer HEAVILY from mana limitations and simply will run out of mana no matter what.
    That might be the case, but you will still see more of them this time around

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    That might be the case, but you will still see more of them this time around
    Of course, they were around quite a lot in Vanilla aswell, they just usually raided as a healer as most guilds tended to lack healers.
    That and the fact that since general class knowledge back then was a bit sparse, general DPS was lower aswell so fights took even longer, which meant that spriests/ele/boomkin got even more shafted as they were generally out of juice about 3 minutes into the fight.

I had a shaman alt that I raided a lot on, love healing on it and then PvP as ele.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    This post again, one every month till Classic releases.

Do you wanna play Druid tank? Play druid tank, but:

1)Dont expect to be grouped with decent players, even the most terrible of the decent players aka what we call LFR hero, follow some form of meta and min-maxing but since the overall knowledge is low, they remain terrible at the game no matter what.

2)Dont expect the DPS to magically play worse than they can so you can feel that you are actually a tank.

3)Druids job in Vanilla is to innervate the priest and spam Healing Touch Rank 4? (Was it?, or higher?) and the occasional decurse.

The only place a Druid Tank is actually viable is Patchwerk Hateful Strike soaker, everywhere else, you are wasting time and should have had a warrior.
    What's considered "meta" or "viable" won't really matter since there isn't any challenging content like there is today. Taking a Guardian Druid over a Prot Warrior isn't going to make something that's easy suddenly turn into difficult.

Think about the knowledge and resources available in 2005/2006 compared to now. Nothing about classic will be difficult, other than finding a stable 40 man roster.
    Hi

Of course, they were around quite a lot in Vanilla aswell, they just usually raided as a healer as most guilds tended to lack healers.
    That and the fact that since general class knowledge back then was a bit sparse, general DPS was lower aswell so fights took even longer, which meant that spriests/ele/boomkin got even more shafted as they were generally out of juice about 3 minutes into the fight.

I had a shaman alt that I raided a lot on, love healing on it and then PvP as ele.
    Which brings me back to my comment regarding online resources and computers.

1) people will know the fights a lot better today than they did back then. The main reason being the sheer lack of guides for it from different pov on roles or different strats

2) better computers, better latency naturally means better performance. Back then if you had a 40 man team running, the odds were a good portion were lagging or stuttering due to frames. I remember seeing videos about people having to play looking at the ground the entire fight etc.

Both of those are going to cut fight times right back and again naturally better performance. Sure the same applies to the "better" damage dealers and that means they'll down stuff faster again; but what I'm saying is, once it's launched and we're all comfortable at 60, each class will be able to justify being on a team. Course I'm talking from the PoV of wanting to be there and putting the work in