Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still no new Metroid game so I disagree.

I am still feeling the sting from not getting exclusive Metroid game and waiting till the very end of the Wii U to get BotW. Therefore I don't really have much interest in buying a Switch yet. I plan on waiting for Prime 4 and a Deluxe Switch version.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    5249 RUB = $82.24

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, MS directly uses USD, Sony games are around 4000 RUB = $63, Steam has regional pricing and new AAA games are usually 1999 RUB = $31. This is probably why consoles are pretty unpopular here.
    Welcome to living in Russia, where your currency is shit just like the government. Everyone is subject to Nintendo's pricing structure though, not just you. We Canadians also pay a lot more than Americans for games on the eShop, life isn't fair but we get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Just want to point out I don't own a 3DS. I do own a PSP. The 3DS did better than the Vita but BOTH didn't do as well as the DS and PSP due to smart phones.

I'm not wrong about the Wii having double the hardware sales in 2009. I did prove it with... MATH! The Wii was successful because if you account sheer number of console sales it topped. It failed because the best selling games on the Wii were mostly WiiSports games. The Nintendo fan-base isn't into WiiSports, just the soccer moms who will never buy another Nintendo hardware+software again. This mistake is why the Wii U failed because this carried over from the Wii which most people thought the Wii U was just a special version of the Wii. Most gamers didn't want another WiiSports console with gimmick motion controls and thanks to the power of denial they avoided the Wii U, which I think was a good game console cause it had some good games. A lot of popular Switch games were just re-releases of the Wii U like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze Deluxe, and New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, which proves the Wii-U had some good games which is all that matters for a good game console. It took the Switch to break that casual gamer soccer mom mentality left behind from the Wii.

My dear Tech614, you can have a game console that sold well and still be a failure. The Wii's reputation effected the Wii U's sales, as did the PSP's reputation effected the Vita's sales.
    This is so factually incorrect it's not funny. The Vita sales bombed because it was expensive and those memory cards in particular, were insanely overpriced because Sony tried to force their proprietary hardware on those who bought them. Not to mention the limited storage capacity of Vita memory cards out of the gate was another problem, meanwhile microSDXC was already on the market in the same form factor as Sony's with double the storage capability down the road. I'm pretty sure microSDXC could do up to 128GB right off the hop, Sony never got past 32GB which matters when you are talking about a mobile platform designed to use either digital or physical media. My 3DS has a 64GB microSDXC card in it, and it's got a ton of games on it, you'd need something that size to have half the library on the Vita because of the game size. The Memory Stick Pro Duo failed to penetrate the market, what made Sony think their "next gen" memory card would do the same just because they made it proprietary in one platform? The lack of games at launch also really didn't help the Vita's cause either, and it really didn't gain a lot of traction with 3rd party developers either. It was a good system with potential, Sony just managed to screw up a few important factors like the battery life and memory card choices.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2019-04-23 at 09:10 PM.

Also, Nintendo's fixed one of its biggest problems, its lack of third party support.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Sony never got past 32GB which matters when you are talking about a mobile platform designed to use either digital or physical media.
    Small correction, The biggest card you could get was 64GB.

https://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/acc...rbished/119856
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Also, Nintendo's fixed one of its biggest problems, its lack of third party support.
    1) Never really been a problem. Nintendo platforms sell based on Nintendo published games, people aren't buying a Switch to play 3rd party games. They may pick up a few after owning one but people buy Nintendo systems to play Nintendo games.

2) Also lets humor it was a problem, it's still not fixed. The Switch is getting ports of games that used to get Vita ports in the past like lego shit, fighting games, sports games, mid budget Japanese games, ports of last gen games and the odd massive downgrade. It's still not getting games like REmake 2, DMC5, CoD, RDR2, AC etc...

The switch is a great system , it suffer from mediocre processing power though games run at 30 fps but you still get drops in some titles and one of the things I have to frown upon is the fact games never drop in price . Nothing in the world can ever justify selling skyrim at 60 euros and Botw still being 70 in digital version , that's why I buy my keys from grey markets.
    OH and worthless friend lists seriously what are they for? Almost everyone added me while playing dark souls remastered for god knows what reason since we can't communicate nor organize coop
    Last edited by valax; 2019-04-23 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    games run at 30 fps
    This is disingenuous at best, there are plenty of 60 fps games on the Switch. Especially when you consider Nintendo themselves prioritize 60 fps in a lot more games then most developers do. Pretty sure every Nintendo published game on the system but BoTW and XC2 are 60 fps.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    The Wii U damaged the brand for the first time since the virtual boy. They were sitting on plenty of that sweet Wii money but that was a situation that spooked them good. Nintendo made a console nobody wanted. Just think about that in terms of the last 30 years of videogames. This wasn't an experiment either but their next mainline release. It was a harsh kick up the ass to improve. Honestly with Iwata gone i think Reggie and a few others don't get nearly the credit they deserve for righting that ship.
    I feel like the Wii U came out too early and didn't come with enough. I was still plenty happy with my Wii by the time it came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    This is disingenuous at best, there are plenty of 60 fps games on the Switch. Especially when you consider Nintendo themselves prioritize 60 fps in a lot more games then most developers do. Pretty sure every Nintendo published game on the system but BoTW and XC2 are 60 fps.
    no it's not botw runs at 900p 30 fps , dark souls runs at 30 fps with downgraded graphics same as skyrim .I'm sure plenty of 2d games and platformers can run at 60
    but they have way less things to render in comparison to the aforementioned titles

no it's not botw runs at 900p 30 fps , dark souls runs at 30 fps with downgraded graphics same as skyrim .I'm sure plenty of 2d games and platformers can run at 60
    but they have way less things to render in comparison to the aforementioned titles
    He said Every Nintendo Published Game is 60FPS but BOTW and XC2 and hes right. Also Dark Souls and Skyrim are not Nintendo Published games.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

1) Already mentioned BoTW so why did you bring it back up? Where in my post did you read "BoTW runs at 60 fps"? Please tell me.

2) You didn't prove anything I said wrong and Dark Souls/Skyrim are not a Nintendo published games.

Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Smash Ultimate, Arms, DKCTF, Bayonetta 1/2, Yoshi Crafted World, NSMBU, MK8D etc... etc.. All target 60 fps. In fact between Nintendo Software and all the indy games on the platform I would wager there are more 60 fps games on the Switch then there are 30 but can't prove it. Either way your claim that "It only plays games at 30 fps" is wrong. It plays games at what the developers target, the same as every platform. You understand power doesn't magically mean higher framerate right? Games run at what their developers target. If they want games to be more visually impressive they will sacrifice 60 fps for better visuals, and if they don't they won't.

Even MK11 targets 60 fps on the Switch, they could have made it look closer to the PS4 version and ran it at 30 fps but no one wants to play a 30 fps fighting game. 60 FPS is a design choice at the sacrifice of graphical fidelity on consoles. When new systems come out most devs don't use it to increase their frame rate, they use it to make their games look better.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-04-23 at 10:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    This isn't even close to being true.

The Vita Failed due to its high cost on....EVERYTHING and marketing. The PSP was a hackers heaven and because of that Sony went completely overboard and made buying everything including the system a massive pain in the ass. The Memory cards just for a 8GB model was $30 and you was spending nearly $200 for the 64GB. People wanted a PSP 2, Sony didn't market the Vita well enough to be seen as that. So with high cost and poor marketing it failed.
    Vita failed for many reasons but the PSP was certainly one of them. How were the games selling on the PSP?
    Here's my source, I don't care if you agree with it or not that's what I could find using Google.

10th. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - 3.15 Million
    9th. God of War: Chains of Olympus - 3.16 Million
    8th. Gran Turismo - 3.23 Million
    7th. Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition - 3.64 Million
    6th. Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters - 3.73 Million
    5th. Daxter - 4.16 Million
    4th. Monster Hunter Freedom 3 - 4.87 Million
    3rd. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories - 5.03 Million
    2nd. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - 5.47 Million
    1st. Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories - 7.67 Million

Here's my source best selling DS games. See a problem here? The best selling PSP game doesn't hold a candle to the best selling DS games. The DS sold 154 million units while the PSP sold 80 million units. Did the PSP games sell half as good as the DS? No it didn't, and therefore the games were the issue.

1 New Super Mario Bros. 30.80 Sales (millions)
    2 Nintendogs (all versions) 23.96 Sales (millions)
    3 Mario Kart DS 23.60 Sales (millions)
    4 Brain Age Logo 19.01 Sales (millions)
    5 Pokemon diamond pearl 17.67 Sales (millions)
    6 Pokemon Black White 15.64 Sales (millions)
    7 Brain age 2 14.88 Sales (millions)
    8 Pokemon Heartgold Soulsilver 12.72 Sales (millions)
    9 Animal Crossing Wild World 11.75 Sales (millions)
    10 Super Mario 64 11.06 Sales (millions)
    The Wii-U failed due to marketing and marketing alone. Nintendo did not show the masses how it was different from the wii and the name alone confused casual gamer's (Nintendo's core audience.) Nintendo has even openly admitted to this. They could have literally named it Wii 2 and it would have done better.
    Or maybe the casual audience is volatile and isn't dedicated to gaming? I wouldn't trust anything Nintendo says because they don't want to admit that they marketed the Wii to moms and not gamers. You mean to tell me that WiiSports which is like one of the best selling games of all time was targeting the casual gamer? It targeted mothers who wanted their kids to get exercise and not play violent games. The Wii 2 would have been just as bad as Wii U because gamers didn't want WiiSports with motion controls, so the name "Wii" would have carried that stigma. If they didn't use the name "Wii" then Nintendo would have done well. The only people that got confused about the Wii U's name was moms and middle age adults who were the biggest audience for the Wii.

The Switch on the other hand looks more adult, and has games like Doom (2016), Dark Souls Remastered, and Wolfenstein II. Nintendo is turning their attention away from soccer mom friendly games to games that are darker and more mainstream. We haven't seen games like this on a Nintendo console since Nintendo 64.

We haven't seen games like this on a Nintendo console since Nintendo 64
    Urg, do you ever get tired of being wrong?

(released on wii as well)

Both of those are totally family friendly kid games......

I wouldn't trust anything Nintendo says because they don't want to admit that they marketed the Wii to moms and not gamers.
    Ya we get it you don't trust any fact that goes against your world view.

That's why going back and forth with you on this is pointless. Consider this my last reply to you on the subject. Its clear no matter how wrong you are shown to be you will just ignore it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-04-24 at 12:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Urg, do you ever get tired of being wrong?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2MYPmbgrI0

(released on wii as well)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IckX3M10fnc
    The first game yes but the second game is more of a fever dream. MadWorld does come as a shocker as Yahtzee even points out that this game stands out from the Wii's "casual kiddie gaming platform". I'm sure at some point Nintendo must have realized that the family friendly persona they portray for the Wii isn't going to last forever. There certainly was backlash as ahem... "Parents horrified as most violent video game ever to launch on 'family friendly' Wii". The Wii did have Mortal Kombat Armageddon but it doesn't change the perception that this is a family friendly game console. Those soccer mom's kids grew older and wanted big boy game consoles like the Playstation or Xbox, maybe PC?. MadWorld and Mortal Kombat isn't enough to make the Wii look like it hangs with the Xbox and Playstation consoles, though a lot of that maybe due to the Wii being an overclocked GameCube that probably wasn't able to run games like Doom 3 and Wolfenstein the new order. They did fix that with the Wii U but nobody wanted to port games to a failed platform. The Switch is also not much better in terms of performance but developers found ways to make games you see on the PS4/Xbone work on the Switch. I'm honestly shocked they got Wolfenstein Youngblood working on the Switch.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Small correction, The biggest card you could get was 64GB.

https://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/acc...rbished/119856
    Ah, I never saw one's bigger than 32, thank you. I'm sure they were insanely expensive.

- - - Updated - - -

The first game yes but the second game is more of a fever dream. MadWorld does come as a shocker as Yahtzee even points out that this game stands out from the Wii's "casual kiddie gaming platform". I'm sure at some point Nintendo must have realized that the family friendly persona they portray for the Wii isn't going to last forever. There certainly was backlash as ahem... "Parents horrified as most violent video game ever to launch on 'family friendly' Wii". The Wii did have Mortal Kombat Armageddon but it doesn't change the perception that this is a family friendly game console. Those soccer mom's kids grew older and wanted big boy game consoles like the Playstation or Xbox, maybe PC?. MadWorld and Mortal Kombat isn't enough to make the Wii look like it hangs with the Xbox and Playstation consoles, though a lot of that maybe due to the Wii being an overclocked GameCube that probably wasn't able to run games like Doom 3 and Wolfenstein the new order. They did fix that with the Wii U but nobody wanted to port games to a failed platform. The Switch is also not much better in terms of performance but developers found ways to make games you see on the PS4/Xbone work on the Switch. I'm honestly shocked they got Wolfenstein Youngblood working on the Switch.
    Wrong again. The Wii U ran on a tri-core IBM PowerPC based CPU clocked at 1.24 Ghz, while the Switch is using an 8 core ARM based CPU similar to what is in high end tablets, it actually first appeared as the Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 which is 4 Cortex A57's and 4 A53's. Having double the memory and it being DDR4 and a GPU running on Nvidia Maxwell technology rather than a crappy AMD chip, also helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong again. The Wii U ran on a tri-core IBM PowerPC based CPU clocked at 1.24 Ghz, while the Switch is using an 8 core ARM based CPU similar to what is in high end tablets, it actually first appeared as the Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 which is 4 Cortex A57's and 4 A53's. Having double the memory and it being DDR4 and a GPU running on Nvidia Maxwell technology rather than a crappy AMD chip, also helps.
    Umm... yea. I know I'm the Debbie downer in this thread but no. It runs the Tegra X1 chip, and not at full speed. It's a quad core A57 running at 1GHz. The other four A53's are disabled or just not used in games. That's a far cry from the 2Ghz it was meant to run at. The GPU is the best part of the Switch's Tegra X1 with a Maxwell based GPU that does a decent job, but it runs 768MHz in dock mode and drops to 307.2MHz in portable mode. The Shield TV runs the CPU at 2Ghz, the GPU at 1Ghz and has access to all 8 cores using the same chip.

Keep in mind most modern smart phones have two sets of four cores. One set for high speed and another set for low power and you can't use all 8 at the same time, at least not on the Tegra X1. The A53 cores in the Tegra X1 are slower and therefore not useful for playing games, which is why Nintendo probably disabled them. The Wii U's tri-core 1.24Ghz CPU vs the Switch's four 1Ghz A57's doesn't sound very different in performance. Also, games on the Switch have access to three cores since one is used for the OS. The Wii U's GPU is based off AMD's Radeon HD 4000 series so it isn't particularly as fast as the Switch but considering how well it handles Breath of the Wild I'd say it does well enough.

No matter how you look at it the Switch is just a little faster than the Wii U. I would go into how Nintendo's laziness gave way to a working emulator but, forum rules and all.
    Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2019-04-24 at 03:28 AM.

Umm... yea. I know I'm the Debbie downer in this thread
    No, just the guy who continues to parade around false information as facts.

TFW there are 4 different people regularly correcting shit you post in this thread, you would think that would maybe trigger something in you that you should actually google and fact check shit before you post it. But nah, here we are. Either your ego is really that massive that you think your own ass pulls are factual or you're just baiting people at this point. Either way seems like most people are done with it and I'm also rather bored of this shit show so have fun I guess.

Ah, I never saw one's bigger than 32, thank you. I'm sure they were insanely expensive.
    Yep brand new they was like $150 if I recall right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    No, just the guy who continues to parade around false information as facts.
    Oh, so you think the Switch has an 8 core CPU as well? It is but not all 8 at the same time. The Switch uses only 4 cores for games, while the other 4 are either not used or used for background processes as they were meant for low power consumption and low performance.
    TFW there are 4 different people regularly correcting shit you post in this thread, you would think that would maybe trigger something in you that you should actually google and fact check shit before you post it. But nah, here we are.
    I do post links to backup what I say, where as the "4 different people" you talk about are not. Someone here kept comparing the PSP to the 3DS which aren't of the same generation mobile game consoles. That was you I believe, with the bad language as well. I claimed the PSP failed due to poor games, and I backed that up with actual data. Then we got into how the Wii was percieved by the gaming audience as a family friendly console that may have effected the Wii U's sales as well. Now the 8 core Switch.

Other than the Switch 8 core thing which is just fact, everything else is just opinion.
    Either your ego is really that massive that you think your own ass pulls are factual or you're just baiting people at this point. Either way seems like most people are done with it and I'm also rather bored of this shit show so have fun I guess.
    Have you noticed your posts are Ad hominem? You may wanna work on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    In an Actual US store $60.

If you;re going to try to say the games cost $80 USD, use an actual US vendor and not another country to back up a false claim. Switch games are $60 USD in the US

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair games mite be $80 for that persons Region but that would likely apply to all games and not just Nintendo.
    Yup. Think Nintendo only just now got near the same cost as the other consoles. So no matter what, the price would be the same no matter the console for them. Just can't take a post about it being $80 usd seriously if they use a region that isn't actually USD
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?