Poll: Whats being said

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    How can you tell someone how something sounds to them
    You're right, telling an insane person that there really aren't pony demons and lizard people is pointless. Its true to them.

Well, he said idiots in that clip.

Now, if that clip left out the part where he said "nigger" then that's a different issue.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ihsatakar View Post
    Because he's the kind of person that starts threads like https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...n-the-election

Slow it down and listen closely to the first sound that comes out his mouth. It's not a vowel, idiot
    Did you really scan through my topic history to try to dig up dirt? That's pretty creepy.

And yeah the point is he said it with an accent, so that why it sounds different. Doesn't at all sound like the N word.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post

Now, if that clip left out the part where he said "nigger" then that's a different issue.
    That is the clip in question im 99% sure

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post

Honestly this is the only plausible thing I can think of is that he said it somewhere else outside of that clip, but idk he seems like a decent dude I really can't imagine saying the word.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    No it doesn't. It sounds like he's saying "idiots". There's not a second of hesitation whatsoever.
    That could be completely, 100%, true. As I said, he has a very noticeable accent. And you don't have to hesitate to change syllables &

(And, by the way.. Responding with; "No it doesn't." When replying to someones statement of their inner perception, or opinion, just makes you an asshole.)
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    That could be completely, 100%, true. As I said, he has a very noticeable accent. And you don't have to hesitate to change syllables &

(And, by the way.. Responding with; "No it doesn't." When replying to someones statement of their inner perception, or opinion, just makes you an asshole.)
    There's no context whatsoever that suggests he started to say the N word then changed it. That doesn't even make sense. I'm not arguing that you percieved it that way obviously, I'm saying your inner perception is wrong. I'm willing to risk being an asshole (though I'm not trying to be).

Quote Originally Posted by breslin View Post
    https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/24/18...gue-of-legends

A league streamer was recently banned from twitch for allegedly saying the n word on stream.

Embedded is the video in which the entire staff of twitch has reviewed and apparently is able to hear him saying the n word. Decide for yourself.

Edit.

Twitch banned him for 30 days, then reviewed the clip as a group and still apparently reached the conclusion that in fact the streamer was spewing racial slurs. They then reduced his ban to 7 days, for reasons not known to me.
    at regular volume, sounds like nig*** at louder volume slowed down, it sounds like Idiot through a thick accent. but the mere fact that it can be interpreted as nig*** should be grounds for the ban, and only to be lifted if it can be proven that the latter was said with audio breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by hynx View Post
    at regular volume, sounds like nig*** at louder volume slowed down, it sounds like Idiot through a thick accent. but the mere fact that it can be interpreted as nig*** should be grounds for the ban, and only to be lifted if it can be proven that the latter was said with audio breakdown.
    In no way can I hear anything even approaching the word nigger in that clip.

Quote Originally Posted by hynx View Post
    I changed out my bose headphones for shitty computer speakers and turned the sound way down, and still hear idiots.

15+ Year Old Account
    How is his stream history? Does he often swear and use rude words? If not, then it's for sure "idiots".

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    There's no context whatsoever that suggests he started to say the N word then changed it. That doesn't even make sense. I'm not arguing that you percieved it that way obviously, I'm saying your inner perception is wrong. I'm willing to risk being an asshole (though I'm not trying to be).
    In fact, you did though.

Because I said, "It sounds like, or almost sounds like..." completely qualifies anything I say after that as purely speculation at best, and a mere uncertain guess and opinion, at least.
    Not because I put 100% logical, thought including taking context as well as everything else in to account. But because that's what my ears heard.

Notice how I voted for "Idiots". That is because I very much believe and am convinced he said "idiots".
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Yea he says it 10 seconds in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Yea he says it 10 seconds in.
    He says "holy shit kill these idiots" and its pretty clear to me.

He should sue twitch for discriminating against people with accents. He clearly says idiots you can hear him say it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by breslin View Post
    He says "holy shit kill these idiots" and its pretty clear to me.
    Yea it does sound like idiots. I can see how it can be mistaken as the n word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    If its a maybe then as the owners and stewards of the platform it's up to their discretion. He could take them to court for defamation and lose every time.

Its literally yanny and laurel.

I heard both. Damn it, ears!!! I'm in the Yanny group btw.
    I can see why both can be heard but I believe he said idiots.
    Last edited by conceptKitty; 2019-04-25 at 05:44 AM.

He very clearly says "Idiots", and they sound so different that I can't see how anyone is hearing anything different.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Yea it does sound like idiots. I can see how it can be mistaken as the n word.
    I can't see how anyone could hear that and think he said the n word.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    That is what i was thinking of too. In that test i hear both as well.
    I also hear it in the first video but it sounds kind of slurry? Almost as if it's a mix between the two. Poor dude, he should get his account back.