Poll: Whats being said

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    Did you really scan through my topic history to try to dig up dirt? That's pretty creepy.

And yeah the point is he said it with an accent, so that why it sounds different. Doesn't at all sound like the N word.
    No, your name was familiar so I had to check what stupid shit I'd seen you posting before. That's why it's there? If you don't want people to call you out for the stupid shit you've posted you shouldn't post stupid shit.

Glad to see you agree that you're not actually hearing idiot but a mispronounced version of the word, because he definitely didn't start with a vowel.

Additionally he says idiots much more clearly and slowly later in the video at a time where you can clearly distinguish idiot. He doesn't say the same thing the first time.
    Last edited by Ihsatakar; 2019-04-25 at 05:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've replayed it several times, it sounds like he is saying idiot

Clearly says idiots. He has a slight accent. It's actually mind boggling he was banned for any length of time for this.

Also, for fun, this person also said something that was mistaken for the nword (Anivia), except it actually does sound like it, and she wasn't punished. Interesting, wonder why. https://streamable.com/csf8k
    Last edited by Ickz; 2019-04-25 at 05:57 AM.

He quite obviously says idiots.

It’s “idiots” 100%... I’ve heard n****** plenty of times before. Three syllables for sure.

I'm curious as to how sound can be so differently processed that this can sound like the n word to someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    Clearly says idiots. He has a slight accent. It's actually mind boggling he was banned for any length of time for this.

Also, for fun, this person also said something that was mistaken for the nword (Anivia), except it actually does sound like it, and she wasn't punished. Interesting, wonder why. https://streamable.com/csf8k
    It's simple, she is a pretty girl. Pretty girls can get away with things (Sounds like she is saying the n word ending in a, to me)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know can't really make it out...I don't even watch any type of twitch streams anyway and as a black man I don't even care, it don't even offend me if he said it or not. As long as he isn't physically in my face saying it and directing it towards me he can say it til he turns blue. Anybody here feel attacked by this? I would hope ya'll ain't.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimzy View Post
    I'm curious as to how sound can be so differently processed that this can sound like the n word to someone.
    There's an explanation about Yanny and Laurel. Which is the case with this video.

Quote Originally Posted by breslin View Post
    I can't see how anyone could hear that and think he said the n word.
    At 10 secs in, its not that clear, later he clearly says idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I hear Idiot, because I am infact not one. People that heard "nigger" are morons looking at things to be upset about.

I also find a hilarious thing that the Youtube auto-generated Captions also says Idiots.
    At 10 seconds I hear "Niggas" and at 32 seconds I hear "Idiots". Now, how I hear words has no basis on my intelligence. And I'm not looking to be upset about anything. I don't know the streamer, don't care to? I have no discernible thought on him, or League of Legends? I also don't think saying "Niggas" should be bannable. It's about as bad as saying any curse word.

I would like to know what I'm supposed to be upset about, though.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you actually listen to what he's saying, combined with his accent, it's clearly saying "idiots". This is a case of someone hearing what they wanted to hear instead of what he actually said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post

What does that video have to do with this one? Maybe it wasn't reported, maybe it sounded like Anivia to them, doesn't really matter because it has no impact on this guys ban.

People can hear both. They can hear both. They gave him the benefit of the doubt and hit him with 7 days. Not a big deal.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    If you actually listen to what he's saying, combined with his accent, it's clearly saying "idiots". This is a case of someone hearing what they wanted to hear instead of what he actually said.
    But that's not true, at least not always. I don't care if he says the N word or whoever does but I still heard it. People tend to go by what they hear and see.

Blue and golden dress, Yanny and Laurel. I believe he said idiots because I'm familiar with this but if my ears were the way they are and I wasn't familiar with the Y/L video I would have still heard the N word.

I do hear something like Neegiots at some point somehow, so my ears just may be overly fucked up.
    Last edited by conceptKitty; 2019-04-25 at 06:20 AM.

At 0:31?

That was definitely "idiot".

Does Twitch use a bot to speech-to-text to pick up these violations? Maybe it got thrown off by his accent.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I heard someone walk into the room and then immediately fall to the floor laughing at me for watching league of legends videos. Thanks a lot.
    So they... LOLed?

I'll show myself out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

All I heard was idiot, not even close to the n-word. My guess is people are so ingrained to point out bad things just to show that aren't bad people themselves. It's kind of the opposite of the mantra "rather have guilty people going free than an innocent being punished" or something like that. Doesn't matter if they are wrong to them since it's for a good cause.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't even sound like it in the first place and when you slow it down its literally just idiots, you can't even hear an 'n' sound enunciated and its three syllables.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Yes, but about 0:11 it does sound like the n-word to me but I guess my hearing is off since no one else hears it.
    "Holy Shit, Kill these Idiots" doesn't even have a N sound in the entire sentence though. Idiots even ends with a T sound and has 3 syllables.

I see people comparing it to the yanny and laurel thing but they still had the same amount of fucking syllables at least.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2019-04-25 at 06:38 AM.

I heard the N word playing it the first time through, heard idiot after slowing it down and increasing volume.

There's plenty of information why people hear different things, notably Laurel or Yanny, that a simple google search will yield ... I don't think its as simple as "its people hearing what they want to", the human brain is fallible. I do think Twitch should investigate again, but at the end of the day, its their platform and we really don't get a say in their decisions.

To me it sounds like he's saying "niigas", with a very soft g, even when slowed down. I clearly hear an "n" at the beginning of the word. But when you slow it down, it also sounds like a VERY accented/wrongly pronounced idiots. So maybe it's a case of Yanni/Laurel? :P