Page 20 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Method have also chosen to bench their MDI team for this boss.

Frangnace/Gingi/Meres/Ken - The best MDI team are all not in for the progress on last boss with the MDI tourney this weekend meaning if it wasn't killed by today/tomorrow they would have to leave to play in it. Wonder if Limit or any other top guild will lose players for this as well.

Congrats to Method!

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    What did you expect if Method raids 16hrs after the first day and other guilds raid like 6-8h per day? Ofc Method won harder bosses.

and also this raid is something Method can't just overgear with 100m debt and intense heroic splits, skill matters.
    That is wrong, Pieces for example raided the first day longer than Method did and had their first kill at 6:30 am on first boss. That is justs Pieces who weren't even supposed to be that hardcore but they are now because they are enjoying it i guess and are really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilmour View Post
    Lol and who are you to tell them what and how should they play?
    I am the Law

Quote Originally Posted by Costa View Post
    That is wrong, Pieces for example raided the first day longer than Method did and had their first kill at 6:30 am on first boss. That is justs Pieces who weren't even supposed to be that hardcore but they are now because they are enjoying it i guess and are really good.
    Ever heard of timezones? They killed it around 4pm EU time.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox72 View Post
    Method wasn't even the first guild on G'hun and they were only third to reach Jaina, and yet still won both. They are not even that far behind compared to BOD so the embarasment statements are weird if you ask me.

Having said that, i wouldn't be suprised if they lost this one. Probably didn't go as ham with BOE's and farming this time. And another guild winning would set up a good storyline for the Azshara raid.
    They were actually the 2nd guild to reach Jaina, not third. They got world 2nd Blockade.

You might be thinking of their world 3rd Mekkatorque in which case Pieces beat them but Mekkatorque isn't the boss prior to Jaina, Blockade is.
    Last edited by Poe; 2019-04-25 at 09:47 AM.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    Ever heard of timezones? They killed it around 4pm EU time.
    What? The first boss, they killed 6:30am european time. Kills are posted at time from Server they play on not american time. https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu.../rating.tier23
    Killed Jan 30, 2019 06:21:00 GMT

The kill on Jaina was a Saturday at 2pm, so not sure when they stopped day raiding but for the first Weds > Friday i assumed they day raided.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    They were actually the 2nd guild to reach Jaina, not third. They got world 2nd Blockade.

You might be thinking of their world 3rd Mekkatorque in which case Pieces beat them but Mekkatorque isn't the boss prior to Jaina, Blockade is.
    Yeah got that one wrong, but my point still stands. People were rulling them out when they were stuck on Mekkatorque while Limit was already on Jaina. Then they still went on to be the only guild that downed here before the reset. The time difference here compared to then is allot smaller so i don't really get the point of the "embaresment" posts.

This is looking like Star Augur 2.0 at the momemt.

What? The first boss, they killed 6:30am european time.
    I'm talking about the current tier. And nobody kills bosses at 6:30 because the daily reset is at either 9 or 8 am depending on the daylight savings time.

I'm talking about the current tier. And nobody kills bosses at 6:30 because the daily reset is at either 9 or 8 am depending on the daylight savings time.
    Where did i say anything about this tier? I said in BoD they day raided a lot and if they day raid a lot this tier they have a chance but they don't advertise they day raid only a wednesday which wasn't the case for BoD in which they day raided a lot.

EU servers went live at 6 am when BoD was released so yeah, killing boss 6:30GMT is clearly wrong and wowprogress is wrong and you are clearly right....lol

https://raider.io/guilds/eu/draenor/Pieces

Raider IO also has their kill time logged at 07:21UTC which is 06:21GMT...but if you want to be right so badly you are and all these places are wrong.

Where did i say anything about this tier? I said in BoD they day raided a lot and if they day raid a lot this tier they have a chance but they don't advertise they day raid only a wednesday which wasn't the case for BoD in which they day raided a lot.

EU servers went live at 6 am when BoD was released so yeah, killing boss 6:30GMT is clearly wrong and wowprogress is wrong and you are clearly right....lol

https://raider.io/guilds/eu/draenor/Pieces

Raider IO also has their kill time logged at 07:21UTC which is 06:21GMT...but if you want to be right so badly you are and all these places are wrong.
    UTC has replaced GMT as the world standard for time, whereas the majority of Europe (including WoW server time) make use of CET (UTC+1, and CEST=UTC+2 during the summer half). Reset during the winter hour happens at 08:00 CET and their Champions kill was at 08:21 CET (07:21 UTC).

EU servers went live at 6 am when BoD was released so yeah
    Europe servers and most players are on CET & CEST, not GMT or UTC. For BoD the reset was at 8am, and now its at 9am. Nobody raids at 6am.

So yes they made the kill before anyone else in Europe, woke up before everyone else to play asap. So yes Pieces day raid and yes they put in just as many hours as the other guilds chasing which is great to add more to the race.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. 07:21 UTC is 07:21 GMT, see below.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    UTC has replaced GMT as the world standard for time, whereas the majority of Europe (including WoW server time) make use of CET (UTC+1, and CEST=UTC+2 during the summer half). Reset during the winter hour happens at 08:00 CET and their Champions kill was at 08:21 CET (07:21 UTC).
    GMT and UTC are synonymous. GMT is Grenwich Meantime, UTC is Coordinated Universal Time.

GMT+0 = UTC+0

Europe servers and most players are on CET & CEST, not GMT or UTC. For BoD the reset was at 8am, and now its at 9am. Nobody raids at 6am.
    European Servers are on UTC+1 in winter (CET) and UTC+2 in summer (CEST)
    If you live in the UK (or Portugal) European Servers are 1hour ahead of you. Iceland doesn't observe daylight savings so servers are 1hr ahead in winter and 2hrs ahead in summer.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    No. 07:21 UTC is 07:21 GMT, see below.

GMT and UTC are synonymous. GMT is Grenwich Meantime, UTC is Coordinated Universal Time.

GMT+0 = UTC+0

European Servers are on UTC+1 in winter (CET) and UTC+2 in summer (CEST)
    If you live in the UK (or Portugal) European Servers are 1hour ahead of you. Iceland doesn't observe daylight savings so servers are 1hr ahead in winter and 2hrs ahead in summer.

Our first pull was at 9.14AM Server Time (Pieces)

Method have also chosen to bench their MDI team for this boss.

Frangnace/Gingi/Meres/Ken - The best MDI team are all not in for the progress on last boss with the MDI tourney this weekend meaning if it wasn't killed by today/tomorrow they would have to leave to play in it. Wonder if Limit or any other top guild will lose players for this as well.
    Good indicator that they expect the boss to last for more than 2 days.

Limit isn't raiding from tonight on-wards from my understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by niirb View Post
    Good indicator that they expect the boss to last for more than 2 days.

Limit isn't raiding from tonight on-wards from my understanding.
    They have 6? people in the MDI, including guildmaster / raid leader and both tanks. This boss isn't really worth missing that I suppose.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn Exorsus just had a 0.7%+1.9% wipe with a pretty good execution pull. Shame, that was so close to kill. If they don't choke they will join Method on Uunat soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    In practice (as far as MMOC would consider) you are correct. If one wants to nitpick, GMT is today a time zone that is defined by UTC+0.

Traditional Greenwich mean time is measured by the mean solar time and like (the very simliar) UT1 based on the earth's motion and is imprecise for actual time keeping. UTC is measured in SI seconds by atomic clocks, and is adjusted when necessary to always be within 0.9 seconds of UT1.