Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by insert random number View Post
    I've heard people suggesting that blizzard might push Sylvanas along the Kerrigan route. She'll use the horde to ascend the "death" food chain and once she ascends she'll drop the horde like a sack of bricks.

She won't be an end boss and she won't be part of a faction. Her roll will be more like that of Bwonsamdi.

There's still many ways the story could play out, all of it unconfirmed.

- - - Updated - - -

That being said: As a horde player i'm not to fussed either way. It will be good to remove Sylvanas from of the horde and forsaken. Either through ascension or coup.
    Listening to Taliesin and Evitel's video on this he came up with some interesting thoughts..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I see three options:
    1) "You made me what I am!" Dead Warchief ending. (not likely)
    2) "Draenor is free!" Redeemed Warchief without redemption arc ending. (more likely)
    3) "You are not prepared" Contrived retro-redemption arc ending. (most likely)
    If you look at the video I linked Taliesin has some interesting thoughts and theories on this, with one being she becomes the Lich Queen..

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the story fails in that. So why dwell on that? Why not ignore that and do what's fun? That's what I don't get. I can understand that people are invested in the game. I am playing it without pause since the beginning, I care about it. It is the only game I play together with my wife. There are a lot of things I didn't and don't like, but nothing this game does or doesn't makes me rage like some people here. If there's a part in the game I don't like, I do another part. Some parts I do and afterwards I am not keen of doing it again with another character.
    But in the end it is just a game. If I can't stand it, I stop playing it for a few weeks and play something else. Or I concentrate on something in the game that's fun for me. That's what I don't understand. There are so many ways to take this game on, so many possibilities to entertain yourself with it, yet people rage around the one part they don't like. Why is that?

Have Baine and Lor'themar even interacted before? Just seems so ooc for Lor'themar to say something like that. Baine's supposed to be that idiot kid who hasn't yet learned about the world and its hardships, not be praised for his naivete by one of the most veteran leaders the Horde has.

This honestly feels like someone wrote it either in panic or out of spite towards how the story is being received so far.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    They could ham-fistedly force in a ham sandwich or literally anyone from the Horde phone book. Getting rid of Sylvanas in any way possible is simply correcting a mistake they made a long time ago. It was silly then, it's silly now. It made no sense then, and it still makes no sense now. Bye Sylvanas, only a few basement dwellers and political activists will miss your "assets."

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-04-25 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Have Baine and Lor'themar even interacted before? Just seems so ooc for Lor'themar to say something like that. Baine's supposed to be that idiot kid who hasn't yet learned about the world and its hardships, not be praised for his naivete by one of the most veteran leaders the Horde has.

This honestly feels like someone wrote it either in panic or out of spite towards how the story is being received so far.
    They didn't. Which makes seem lor'themar praising Baine even more stupid. It makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    They didn't. Which makes seem lor'themar praising Baine even more stupid. It makes no sense.
    It makes all the sense, you just underestimate the greatness that is Baine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

99% of the horde players are happy that Sylvanas finally will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenis View Post
    Except this time Sylvanas will win and all the traitors will be killed.
    Let's hope that's the case...

7+ Year Old Account
    Id rather have garrosh 2o than de draenor is da free 2o.
    But one soul lies anxious wide awake Fearing no manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths...

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    99% of the horde players are happy that Sylvanas finally will be gone.
    Citation needed. I would guess it's 60-70% tbh.

BfA heavily echos MoP, this is fairly obvious and something Blizzard has been doing systemically and intentionally. That said, I do think the end result will be different this time around. Besides the fact that Ion has stated that things will be different, new datamined text has shown up.

Sylvanas:
    Nathanos. The next phase of our campaign is at hand.
    Sail out with what remains of our fleet. The blade will guide you to the rendezvous.
    Casualties on both sides will be substantial. Consider this an opportunity to weed out the disloyal.
    The threads we have woven with such care will soon be drawn together. The war is serving its purpose. Stay focused on the endgame. You know what is to come.
    We have been through so much together, you and I. Trust in me, as I have ever trusted in you.

She's playing at something. There's something far larger she's trying to deal with besides the war. Whereas Garrosh just spiraled out of control and took more and more rash actions, Sylvanas is still incredibly focused and dealing with a larger plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Citation needed. I would guess it's 60-70% tbh.
    I'd say Sylvanas is actually ahead within the Horde but across the whole of the fanbase she's disliked at a 70+% margin.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I'd say Sylvanas is actually ahead within the Horde but across the whole of the fanbase she's disliked at a 70+% margin.
    Alliance players disliking her doesn't surprise me at all. She ain't Baine.

Alliance players disliking her doesn't surprise me at all. She ain't Baine.
    I'm an Alliance player, and i dislike Baine (He's a bit whiny, wishy-washy, there's no sense of moral strength to this rebellion, it comes across as pubescent whining so far), it's just that Sylvanas so far is getting away with a number of nasty deeds that would get any other character killed five times over, and that apparent plot armour (Although i don't know what she's being set up for) is just getting annoying...

it's just that Sylvanas so far is getting away with a number of nasty deeds that would get any other character killed five times over, and that apparent plot armour (Although i don't know what she's being set up for) is just getting annoying...
    I don't think that being evil alone is enough to get you killed, even in Warcraft. Granted, she also does do stupid things like not killing Baine after being betrayed by him.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    I'm an Alliance player, and i dislike Baine (He's a bit whiny, wishy-washy, there's no sense of moral strength to this rebellion, it comes across as pubescent whining so far), it's just that Sylvanas so far is getting away with a number of nasty deeds that would get any other character killed five times over, and that apparent plot armour (Although i don't know what she's being set up for) is just getting annoying...
    Illidan was lionized after doing things that are, even now, worse than Sylvanas ,entirely of his own volition. The people like certain posters crowing about how Blizzard are using this to teach us about morality and what kind of customers they want disregard that Blizzard has elevated absolute shitheels prior. AU Grom is another example. Karma for immortal actions in this game is entirely arbitrary.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Well, Garry was killed in a duel by Thrall. Maybe we can have ouselves a proper execution this time around...

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. This is the worst part for me as an Alliance and nelf player. Idk what the Horde is even crying about. They can commit genocide all they want and get off scott free while Alliance doesn#t even get the slightest bit of revenge and are just abused as punching bags for the Horde story.
    worgens and humans litterally had a fucking dumbo revenge against forsaken in the middle of the apocalypse, for free....

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Said it to other 2 guys as well - Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it. Right is right even when no one is doing it. I'll say it to million others if I have to.
    I honestly can't tell if you're trolling because the power of fanboyism is way too real, but you'd have to be willfully ignorant to ignore the blatant parallels with MoP at this point. Even Blizzard has admitted it.

This expansion happened because the writers realized the factions were getting too chummy after MoP - in which it was explained with crayon drawings that fighting each other when there's world-ending threats around is idiotic, and we then spent the next two expansions basically working side by side with a few minor squabbles to justify pvp. But for some reason (which is more likely related to the business and marketing side of things than story) Blizzard refuses to consider that maybe the factions just don't have a place in this game anymore, so they trot out their old faction conflict story cause they can't be assed to come up with a new one.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Illidan was lionized after doing things that are, even now, worse than Sylvanas ,entirely of his own volition. The people like certain posters crowing about how Blizzard are using this to teach us about morality and what kind of customers they want disregard that Blizzard has elevated absolute shitheels prior. AU Grom is another example. Karma for immortal actions in this game is entirely arbitrary.
    It was galling in the case of Grom too, Illidan was too out-of-sight for most players in BC to elicit much reaction at all, really...

But since the biggest misdeed of Sylvanas was against a player race (And admittedly, the race of my main, so there is some personal bias), i still hope that Sylvanas doesn’t get away with an “Azeroth is free!”-ending...

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    It was galling in the case of Grom too, Illidan was too out-of-sight for most players in BC to elicit much reaction at all, really...

But since the biggest misdeed of Sylvanas was against a player race (And admittedly, the race of my main, so there is some personal bias), i still hope that Sylvanas doesn’t get away with an “Azeroth is free!”-ending...
    I will freely admit that while I agree Night Elves have the biggest ground to kill Sylvanas, alongside Genn, I still hope she gets away with it in the sense of becomig some Death entity simply on the basis that I genuinely despise all her non-night elf Horde opposition and the gradual spiral into Peacecraft. Also because my main race is Forsaken and the post-Sylvanas future is grim.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-04-25 at 04:35 PM.