Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    How is i400+ "crap gear" ? Isn't that heroic Raid level ? Typically if you were decked out in current heroic raid gear, you were pretty bad ass. So with TF let's say your like i407, that to me is pretty powerful.

What's the max possible geared you can be currently ? i430 / i435? Which requires being super lucky on Titan Forge in Mythic raid for all gear.
    mate for them anything that is ooutside of 99th percentile is "Crap" and "shit"

just ignore coments liek this because those people live in bubble to the point they no longer realise what reality is .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I personally would love to treturn to retail if it were worth playing. And to me that means reverting a LOT of changes brought in the past several expansions.

Classic, TBC, even Wrath... all were amazing to me... and if current WoW could return to what made those games great... then yeah.. I'd be all about "retail". I'd even enjoy seeing the positive things about modern WoW kept... like the encounters and the... um.. the... well the encounters.

But it's not... it's an absolute snorefest for me. And I'm telling you now... Classic is going to be an amazing experience... it will overperform and perhaps even eclipse sub numbers for BfA.

I'll predict right now... that even you will be playing Classic... at first because you don;t want to miss out on the launch.. but then because when you open Batttle.net and are given a choice between BfA and Classic... you will find yourself craving the experience of that 16 year old game...

You may log into BfA to try and feel like you are keeping current.. but you will not stay long. Because your characters are not progressing in BfA. It's just a repeat of Legion... a repeat of WoD... over and over with no real feeling of progression.
    oh man your predictions are sooo off.

i deliberately wont even start on launch only like half of year later when dust settles and 90% of servers will be ghost towns to see which one will be the most populated.

and leveling up in vanilla will take me 2-3 years because i have 0 motivation to do so - much rather will spend this time leveling allied races in retail for collection purposes especially that im really hyped for mechanognomes and incoming race

i have been there and i will always claim that for that time vanilla was gamebreaking exxperience - but we live in 2019 not in 2004 - im happy with my life and done feel any need to relieve "moments of glory" from my teen years

the gameplay and slow speed of game alone is making vanilla unplayable in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    \

oh man your predictions are sooo off.

i deliberately wont even start on launch only like half of year later when dust settles and 90% of servers will be ghost towns to see which one will be the most populated.

and leveling up in vanilla will take me 2-3 years because i have 0 motivation to do so - much rather will spend this time leveling allied races in retail for collection purposes especially that im really hyped for mechanognomes and incoming race

i have been there and i will always claim that for that time vanilla was gamebreaking exxperience - but we live in 2019 not in 2004 - im happy with my life and done feel any need to relieve "moments of glory" from my teen years

the gameplay and slow speed of game alone is making vanilla unplayable in my eyes.
    90% servers will be ghost towns.. you mean like BfA? Nah.

Hey man, it's OK to take 2-3 years to level. Leveling is a big part of the experience. Glad you're going to take it slow and savor it!

Leveling allied races for collection purposes? Man you sure make that sound liek so much fun! Well if that is the 2019 version of "gamebreaking experiences" then by all means... have at it!

Slow speed of the game is what helps it immerse you in the world (of warcraft). It's exactly the opposite of spam queues for an hour or two and then log out.

To each their own. I suppose it won't be but a few months more and we'll see how it all plays out. Who knows maybe we'll both have games that we enjoy to play.

I really hope we get statistics about participation.

Then this brings up another question. So what ? Why would others care that WQs and Emissary gear is now i390 - i400 ? If your a Mythic Raider, then go for your i420 and TF to i435 gear, and be happy.

At the end of the day, what difference does it make if some casual players is i395? Who cares? They're never going to be i430+ in current WoW.

And what does being i420+ geared even get you? Like really what's the big deal? Ok so you can Raid Mythic, or high end M+ keys, ok, so frigging what?
    I'm fine with gear being irrelevant. I'm fine with everyone being geared enough to jump into what they really want to do end-game whether it's Mythic+, Mythic Raiding, Rated PvP, Arenas, etc. The only barrier for anyone getting into those is talent, which should (and does) supersede gear or ilvl.

The problem, however, is Blizz has not replaced gear rewards with alternative rewards. The only benefit of slogging away at very high-level content is getting gear with a pidly +15-20 ilvls over a world quester. Big deal. There needs to be some other reward. Cosmetics, mounts, titles... something.

The ease with which passable gear can be obtained from multiple sources makes the state of PvP gearing all the more incomprehensible.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Benedictu View Post
    I'm fine with gear being irrelevant. I'm fine with everyone being geared enough to jump into what they really want to do end-game whether it's Mythic+, Mythic Raiding, Rated PvP, Arenas, etc. The only barrier for anyone getting into those is talent, which should (and does) supersede gear or ilvl.

The problem, however, is Blizz has not replaced gear rewards with alternative rewards. The only benefit of slogging away at very high-level content is getting gear with a pidly +15-20 ilvls over a world quester. Big deal. There needs to be some other reward. Cosmetics, mounts, titles... something.
    alredy confirmed they will reduce number of sources for gear and also change, replace or completly remove tf and wf.

Current itemlvl bumb can be still old desing what blizzard will just roll for this expansion becouse they cant change it at this point. It also might be preparation for removing some of the difficulty levels. Anyway i am sure Blizzard is getting participation data and if participation drops after this change it will give them clear sing that this change is bad or they can actualy remove LFR, normal and hero raida becouse people participated in them mostly becouse of gear so they will put more focus on worls content progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    snip
    Then i don't get why you are complaining, the game is perfect for you if you just want to do nothing a get a random item per day, instead of doing raids or M+

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magnosh View Post
    The Azerite pieces from Emissaries will be 400 and it doesn't matter, what someone else gets doesn't affect me as a player. That is what I meant
    I get it, but people are assuming that as soon as 8.2 hits everyone will instantly become 395-400 ilvl (like they aren't already...), emissary cache is a joke anyways, i don't know who still does if for gear. My wife does these quests out of boredom sometimes, but an argument that you can gear up via caches is just ridiculous, it's so inefficient to literally anything else you could be doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I really hope we get statistics about participation.
    Man you really want to see this 95 % drop past month 1 dont you ? Dont worry you will see it on forums in form of "is that it ? What a crappy game"

If anything invalidates content its Mythic+ which pretty much invalidates instance content and world content..

15+ Year Old Account
    90% servers will be ghost towns.. you mean like BfA? Nah.

Hey man, it's OK to take 2-3 years to level. Leveling is a big part of the experience. Glad you're going to take it slow and savor it!

Leveling allied races for collection purposes? Man you sure make that sound liek so much fun! Well if that is the 2019 version of "gamebreaking experiences" then by all means... have at it!

Slow speed of the game is what helps it immerse you in the world (of warcraft). It's exactly the opposite of spam queues for an hour or two and then log out.

To each their own. I suppose it won't be but a few months more and we'll see how it all plays out. Who knows maybe we'll both have games that we enjoy to play.
    In 2004 it was fun. Because it was "new". Now it's just a pure waste of time. But you know some people have endless amounts and this somehow brings them satisfaction versus actual endgame content so to each their own. But predicting the downfall of retail WoW? LOL. Your same prediction has been happening after every single major content patch, expansion or new game that is about to be released. The forum is less than 1/2 of 1% of the playerbase. The casuals who never read this website just keep playing.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by kubaje View Post
    Well, if you raided mythic, you did that to have a 10-15 ilvl advantage over people who are now getting their welfare items.

According to Blizzard 30 ilvl difference are a significant increase in Power and 15 not being enough, which means people are spending around 12 hours of pure raiding time (+ the time it takes to farm gold/consumables for mythic raiding), only to have an insignificant advantage over those who barely play the game.

That is for sure great game design.
    If you raided mythic, you would know gear is a tool and not something there just to make yourself look better than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    If you raided mythic, you would know gear is a tool and not something there just to make yourself look better than others.
    Dude, you're not in the position to tell me what has to be fun for me.

Yes, I did raid pretty hardcore. When you're raiding hardcore (or your guild is good enough for you to expect to clear the content rather quickly), gear becomes less important, because you know you will get it at some point. Less important, not irrelevant. Ofc I want to have the best trinkets, best sets and weapons. Anyone claiming otherwise is just lying. There are people who care more than others but that's not for you to decide if it's wrong or not.

When I play for world ranks, the rank is my primary motivation to raid. When I don't, the only motivation can be the loot. There is nothing satisfying killing a boss with a pug as world rank 30 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    In 2004 it was fun. Because it was "new". Now it's just a pure waste of time. But you know some people have endless amounts and this somehow brings them satisfaction versus actual endgame content so to each their own. But predicting the downfall of retail WoW? LOL. Your same prediction has been happening after every single major content patch, expansion or new game that is about to be released. The forum is less than 1/2 of 1% of the playerbase. The casuals who never read this website just keep playing.
    If it's a "pure waste of time", why do you suppose Blizzard is putting the money and manpower behind it? Why do you think they would commit to this?

Because your assessment is wrong. It may not be something YOU want too play, just like I cannot stand what WoW has become... but there are players for both for sure.

To say modern WoW isn't hurting is simply wrong. Just play the game and go out into the open world. Even with CRZ cranked to 11... you rarely see anyone.. and if you do, it's nearlly always from some other server. I occasionally watch some streamer/youtube content providers and when they re playing it... it truly is a ghost town.

Classic, i suspect, will be bustling with people on the SAME server as you... a community.

As far as "endgame"? BfA is in a horrible place for endgame. Yeah there are raids... 4 difficulties in fact. And dungeons... 4 difficulties of that with one being infinitely growing.

So what? The rewards are boring, tier is gone, once you've seen LFR the rest is just repetitive nonsense made artificially "harder". And leveling? Is a joke. No danger, no challenge... pull have the map... absolute joke. And the 10 levels form 110 to 120? Just a few hours. LOL So you get to that boring endgam faster.

Blizzard is so out of touch now... they cannot find their way home. The only reason Classic will success is that Ion can't screw it up.

So here's what we'll do... we'll wait til Classic is released. You play live, and I'll play Classic. It really is as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Then i don't get why you are complaining, the game is perfect for you if you just want to do nothing a get a random item per day, instead of doing raids or M+
    Because i'm having WoD flashbacks where you can just sit in your Garrison and also get geared by the Mission table, provided you can wait a bit.
    And it's not like Emissaries are that different on that front, except they deliver loot more often.

Wanna know what Legion did right? They gave a balance in the armor. They boosted up M+ Armor sets by rank, separated Legion Raid armor in a balanced way thanks to Warforging and Titanforging actually finding ways to do good shit for once. Meaning, in LFR, the max gear they can hit is around Base Normal level, while with Normal, it caps to near Heroic level, hence progressing the player to reach Heroic levels of gear progression, which also sets players to prep themselves both physically and mentally for heroic raid, and then mythic raiding. You were progressing.

Here, idek what they're doing here. At one point, you get gear that's below normal difficulty, and then the next, you get gear that's FAR above that of even Heroic.

Okay then...

Ok so the new updated gear for WQs and Emissaries is live, and I did not notice any difference. My main is iLvl 406, so obviously this isn't meant for that player, but I have a bunch of level 120's around the i350 to i365 range, and I ran WQ's last night, and got ZERO i370 gear, and still getting the same old i355 or so gear.

I thought I was supposed to be getting i370 from World Quests now? And that Emissaries would be giving me i395 ? Not for me at least. Still the same old lower iLvl gear.

Ok so the new updated gear for WQs and Emissaries is live, and I did not notice any difference. My main is iLvl 406, so obviously this isn't meant for that player, but I have a bunch of level 120's around the i350 to i365 range, and I ran WQ's last night, and got ZERO i370 gear, and still getting the same old i355 or so gear.

I thought I was supposed to be getting i370 from World Quests now? And that Emissaries would be giving me i395 ? Not for me at least. Still the same old lower iLvl gear.
    The scaling still works the same way it did before, just the maximum iLvl the rewards can scale up to increased. So to see the higher iLvl gear as rewards, your character's iLvl needs to go up.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    The scaling still works the same way it did before, just the maximum iLvl the rewards can scale up to increased. So to see the higher iLvl gear as rewards, your character's iLvl needs to go up.
    this + 370 is not guaranteed in all quests - people will see a lot of 360 too and just a few 370

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's all about the process of obtaining the gear. WQ's are absolutely boring. I'd rather sit in raid and do fun/engaging bosses than tickle my own taint because there ain't much else to do while mindlessly doing WQ's.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it's a "pure waste of time", why do you suppose Blizzard is putting the money and manpower behind it? Why do you think they would commit to this?

Because your assessment is wrong. It may not be something YOU want too play, just like I cannot stand what WoW has become... but there are players for both for sure.

To say modern WoW isn't hurting is simply wrong. Just play the game and go out into the open world. Even with CRZ cranked to 11... you rarely see anyone.. and if you do, it's nearlly always from some other server. I occasionally watch some streamer/youtube content providers and when they re playing it... it truly is a ghost town.

Classic, i suspect, will be bustling with people on the SAME server as you... a community.

As far as "endgame"? BfA is in a horrible place for endgame. Yeah there are raids... 4 difficulties in fact. And dungeons... 4 difficulties of that with one being infinitely growing.

So what? The rewards are boring, tier is gone, once you've seen LFR the rest is just repetitive nonsense made artificially "harder". And leveling? Is a joke. No danger, no challenge... pull have the map... absolute joke. And the 10 levels form 110 to 120? Just a few hours. LOL So you get to that boring endgam faster.

Blizzard is so out of touch now... they cannot find their way home. The only reason Classic will success is that Ion can't screw it up.

So here's what we'll do... we'll wait til Classic is released. You play live, and I'll play Classic. It really is as simple as that.
    Their full development team is working on BFA. They have a small team working on re-engineering classic to work in 2019. It's all systems design and not content which is the bulk of all design.

The game is boring because it's 15 years old. You'll never get that new feeling again, ever. Classic will wear off in less than a month as well for the majority. Once you run out of things to do you'll be saying "Why is there no content Blizzard? We've done this same stuff 15 years ago on multiple characters."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222