Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    Now to wait and see if the virtual ticket is worth it or not.
    It'll be another 10 dollar price hike and the rewards will be.... an IOU note.

The wife and I have been going every year it's been held since 2008. Skipped last year thank goodness and neither one of us has any interest in going back. Sorry Blizz, it's not me, it's you...

I'm not paying that kind of money to be shit on for being Alliance. I can get that at home for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm conflicted this year. I've never missed a Blizzcon and I still actively/happily play several of their games, but the layoff situation was really gross to me. The community people who hosted and arranged significant aspects of the convention are mostly gone now, and so I'm also not sure I trust whatever intern/contractor/third party they replaced them with to replicate the experience in a positive way. If nothing else, I feel like the morale of everyone there isn't going to allow the same level of enthusiasm.

I guess the lottery will decide anyway if I can even go.

Meh blizzcon is no different then an overpriced movie ticket. Unless they announce a starcraft MMO, its gonna be boring. Alot of players have lost faith in the wow devs. BFA sucked and still does. Don't let the hype fool you, there was hype when bfa was announced now look were we are.

Don't forget to bring your phones!

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I'm not paying that kind of money to be shit on for being Alliance. I can get that at home for free.
    Damn Alliance /shakefist

(did that fulfill thine "shitting on"?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    My dumbass will be buying the Stream Ticket with in game loot because TAKE ALL MY MONEY BLIZZ GGCLOSEFAMyeeeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by Zachsophone View Post
    I am an admitted Blizzard fan-boy, who usually has their back. But even I have to admit, that was pretty terrible. I hope they learn from it, and make this year the best yet.
    I mean.. warcraft III was pretty cool. But the lines were so long I never got to try it. Would have been nice if they made a bigger area for WCIII instead of diablo since diablo was literally empty almost the entire time. If they keep increasing the amount of People allowed inside they have to do something about available units for the more popular things.

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    Don't forget to bring your phones!
    Unironically you actually HAVE to have a smart phone to attend this year

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    5. You’ll Need the AXS Mobile App to Get Into the Show

Gotta admit, even though I'm not attending, I'm hella curious to see what they're planning after the huge backlash from last year. Especially for the Diablo fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Unironically you actually HAVE to have a smart phone to attend this year

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    5. You’ll Need the AXS Mobile App to Get Into the Show
    can you blame them ? :0 they gotta make sure that all people there "have phones" to enjoy new mobile games they will offer :P:P

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    can you blame them ? :0 they gotta make sure that all people there "have phones" to enjoy new mobile games they will offer :P:P
    Another funny one, that "preferred parking" is just access to a closer paid lot.... you'd figure for 550 you'd get fucking free parking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I mean.. warcraft III was pretty cool. But the lines were so long I never got to try it. Would have been nice if they made a bigger area for WCIII instead of diablo since diablo was literally empty almost the entire time. If they keep increasing the amount of People allowed inside they have to do something about available units for the more popular things.
    FWIW, the playtest lines usually move really fast so I wouldn't be put off by how ridiculously long they sometimes look. I don't think I've waited more than 20 minutes in a very long time. Every other kind of line can fuck right off but the playtest ones go quickly.

(as far as Diablo, they obviously grossly misunderstood their audience. I am not going to come at them for delving into mobile gaming -- that's likely a smart business decision for the gaming industry in general -- but if they thought the people at Blizzcon for Diablo would give any shits about it then they need to pay more attention to their community because that was a very bad misread.)

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    What does this even mean?

- - - Updated - - -

If you only care about the announcements you can watch them for free. People go to the convention to meet up and party.
    it means those statues are shit quality and look like Fortnite characters. Look at past statues then those.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    $30 price hike per ticket is pretty minor with inflation, especially considering what most people spend to attend already. Flights, hotel rooms, expensive venue food, merch, etc. Not to mention that a lot of attendees build a whole vacation around it, since the Anaheim Convention Center is right across from Disneyland.
    Exactly. I don't see what the fuss is over. A 16%/$31 increase isn't going to be a big factor in the decision on whether or not someone is going to go that really wants to. I'm sure people think it should be $5 or something. A LOT goes into it. Plus, it just doesn't make sense to not charge a lot for something that will sell out in seconds. You want Blizz to make smart business decisions to stay afloat while you believe they're bleeding subs? Well this is a no-brainer business decision. They should honestly charge a lot more. Still would sell out in seconds.

Imagine increasing the ticket price with the state of blizzard games. Every single blizzard game dying or dead already like hots,diablo and starcraft

I bet the virtual ticket is also going up in price.

15+ Year Old Account
    Man those new statues are very....cartoony. Even more so than the game art.

Don't give these blood suckers your money!
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I doubt there will be many more. This could be the last one.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't think the new expansion is getting announced at Blizzcon this year. Too much left of BFA
    Why should it be the last one? I dont get this reasoning. Is there any signs of this being the last one? Is Blizzard shutting down?