Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    HAHAHA damn well I guess people were partially right that Person 5 S would be the Switch version. Just not the version they wanted.
    P5S should always be known as Persona 5 Salt when r/NS found out exactly what the atlus fan base been telling them for awhile, P5R is PS4 only lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    So?

I'm more shocked that you included it as if it was some "end all" game.

Console doesn't even have Madden, 2/10.
    So, not having Madden is bad, because it sells.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    So, not having Madden is bad, because it sells.
    Could have picked a better franchise.... Madden (130 million) is a high selling franchise but is peanuts compared to: Call of Duty (288+ million) and GTA (280 million)

Not to mention Nintendo already has the two best selling franchises of all time Mario (588.5 million) and Pokemon (311.54 million)

All they need is a really good mario game and a really good pokemon game for the console to sell like hot cakes.

You're essentially saying Nintendo not having high selling games like Madden and COD is bad.

I'm sure glad you don't work in business.

You're essentially saying Nintendo not having high selling games like Madden and COD is bad.

I'm sure glad you don't work in business.
    Nintendo doesn't need Madden or COD to sell, it has the largest franchises in the world.

But Nintendo needs better third party support. They can't rely on their core fanbase forever.

https://venturebeat.com/2019/01/22/n...s-of-the-year/

Keep in mind this is also the US only... Madden doesn't sell shit outside of the US. As it stands now, even in the only region it's a relevant game in it just barely edged out Smash Bros for sales in 2018. Madden is on PC, Xbox One and PS4 and came out in Aug. Smash is Switch only and came out in Dec.... Also they don't even have digital sales for Smash(but do for madden) so it may have outsold it outright even.

I'm sure Nintendo is crying their eyes out that they don't have madden. Nintendo would rather have 1 and 2 if anything because those are relevant outside of the US. And they already have #3 which is a sports game with more world wide appeal then Madden.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Oddesey is out and pokemon is coming out later this year. With a new animal crossing game too.

The switch is selling a lot better than the xbone s and ps4 pro. And their next gen consoles are probably a year or two away.

- - - Updated - - -

Kh3 and rdr2 are probably going to get PC ports. I'd rather have a portable console and a PC than a ps4 and a pc
    We have all but an xbox... and honestly we barely ever use our consoles.... aside from Hulu and Netflix on the PS4.

Fair enough. I use my switch all the time. It saved my life when my PC died
    i'm sure if that happened we'd probably use the switch a lot more :P

But Nintendo needs better third party support. They can't rely on their core fanbase forever.
    But that's how Nintendo works.

They live or die by first party support.

Any third party support comes by how good their consoles are selling based on first party.

If hospitals let me set up my PC or a TV with a ps4 I'd be living the high life.
    The only time laptops actually come in handy :S

How are the PS5 and Xbox Scarlett gonna catch up to the Switch's huge lead, especially after Pokemon comes out?

So I don't know why people get so defensive talking about platforms....lol games only hipsters like....well I do dislike Fortnite, so maybe I am becoming a hipster naturally.

The Switch is great because of handheld mode. If you don't care about handheld mode, or don't understand why anyone would need or want handheld mode, then the Switch probably(long time Nintendo fans aside) isn't for you, no matter what the library looks like. The console is designed around handheld mode.

There are many of us older gamers who have families. We can't use the TV in the living room to play video games during prime time and we can't slink back off the to the mancave either. However, we can play the Switch right there in the middle of the living room. For the first time in my life I can complete 60 hours games like they are going out of style.

As for 3rd party support for the Switch, indie support has been great. I would argue that for most indie games, the Switch is the best way to play due to handheld mode. For many other ports, like Dark Souls or Dragon's Dogma, Switch gives the mid gen refreshes and PC a run for their money because of the handheld mode. For large AAA games that don't come to Switch, they aren't coming because the hardware isn't there to make that an easy port. That is why I also have a PS4 Pro and a 2080.

I would rather have a Switch than the PC or PS4 Pro lately, because I have been putting in a lot more hours on the Switch than the other two combined. I've recently played Ys VIII, XBC2, Hollow Knight, BotW, Odyssey, Smash, Disgaea, Valkyria Chronicles, Bayonetta 2, and DD. I think they are great games. I'm looking forward to Zodiac Age this month.

On my PS4 Pro, I haven't enjoyed RDR2 as much as I would have liked. Days Gone flopped, pure and simple, but Resident Evil 2 and DMC5 have been absolutely amazing. I don't play Xbox because they don't have exclusives, handheld, or anything really worth looking into. Why would I buy an Xbox X over a PS4 Pro when the Pro has so many more good games(exclusive and otherwise)? The difference between checkerboarding and full 4k rendering is visible but marginal, and you would need a side by side to see it. Top it all off with the fact that I own the 2080, and I just can't see why I would need an xbox(besides the HDBR player inside it, which I already have from a 3rd party).

You would have to pry this Switch away from this guy. I do agree, I wish it had netflix. I would rather it get netflix than more 3rd party support for games I would rather play on a more powerful console, lol. I want to rewatch Hunter X Hunter. I keep a Fire HD tablet the same size as the Switch just to watch netflix.

If graphics are incredible, I will play on PS4 Pro(unless the game is on PC, and even then, HDR is just so easy and beautiful on my high end TV than my 1440p 144hz Gsync(which is more suited for competitive or isometric play)). Any other game, I prefer being able to play in handheld mode. This just opens up so many options for me personally, that I would have a tough time getting into gaming as easily without some sort of powerful handheld now.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-04-25 at 07:01 PM.

How are the PS5 and Xbox Scarlett gonna catch up to the Switch's huge lead, especially after Pokemon comes out?
    idk, maybe with like over 85 million of PS4 owners upgrading to a ps5 ?
    Also both consoles are true next gen, the Switch isn't by then so yeah people who prefer the gfx power of a ps4 pro or One X will go to either of those, and ALOT of ps4 owners will get a ps5.

Technically it's not even a race between those 3 cause 2 of them are true next gen and at least 50% faster then their current souped up versions.

How much of a graphical leap will the PS5 and Scarlett be?

10+ Year Old Account
    How much of a graphical leap will the PS5 and Scarlett be?
    Sony says ps5 will support 8k resolutions. Although TVs really aren't at that point, so it's probably just future proofing.

Sony says ps5 will support 8k resolutions. Although TVs really aren't at that point, so it's probably just future proofing.
    It's 8k upscaling for media, not true 8k.

But power wise the ps5 should shit on the ps4.

They're just referring to it being HDMI 2.1 which can support resolutions up to 8k. So if it becomes a thing during the life of the console it will support 8k streaming and the like. It won't be playing games at 8k and it would be a waste to even attempt, 8K TVs probably won't be priced reasonably until the tail end of the PS5's life.

In regards to PS5 power, I would expect it to run most games at native 4k and there will probably be slightly more 60 fps games then last gen due to it not having a potato netbook cpu like the PS4. Lots of devs will probably still sacrifice 60 fps to make their games look better tho so 30 fps will probably still be the norm for show piece games.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-04-25 at 11:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh also the PS5 will have an SSD, so we should see less situations like Bloodborne at launch or Monster Hunter: World where load times really detract from the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    as long as it was never put in your Wii U i can let it pass for the amiibos.
    Yep lol, I have no interest in playing it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD