Poll: Your Hype Level for Blizzcon 2019

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really interested at all.
    Probably the first time I won't be watching it.

Unless there's somehow a lot of interesting things showing up at the end of the WoW expac as it did in Legion with the old god and Kul'Tiran shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to think that we will not have an expansion announcement. 8.2 will take a little too long to go live, and that kinda throws a good time table for 8.3 out of the window.
    Last edited by Sluvs; 2019-04-22 at 10:32 PM. Reason: grammar
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I'm starting to think that we will not an expansion announcement. 8.2 will take a little too long to go live, and that kinda throws the a good time table for 8.3 out of the window.
    Thats what I think. Might get a hint but I think Blizzcon will mostly be about Diablo 4, their new IP and Activision games. I doubt there will be a WOW 9.0 announcement
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

This Blizzcon:

WoW - next expansion announcement is expected
    Diablo - Diablo 4 announcement is expected
    HoTS - nothing?
    Overwatch - new hero is expected
    Hearthstone - new expansion is expected
    SC - nothing?

Apart from Diablo 4, the announcements for the other above franchises are all but expected (so nothing really to be hyped about). Blizzard hasn't released anything "fresh" for a while, and continue to try and milk existing franchises to the point me and many others are bored of their games. If they don't announce a new franchise this Blizzcon I imagine many players will move on and spend their money elsewhere... especially after the fiasco of Blizzcon 2018
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I've been a fan of Blizzard since the Starcraft 1 / Warcraft 3 era. I never got a chance to go to a Blizzcon due to money / travel distance, but I finally might be able to go this year. Tickets should be going on sale in the next month. Given how bad last year was and the current company's status, I'm not sure if it's worth the $$$ to go now.

However, I also keep hearing rumblings of "if you go to one Blizzcon ever, go to Blizzcon 2019". Not sure if it's just a rumor mill drumming up hype, but if they had absolutely nothing for 2018, it stands to reason they should have at least 1 or 2 big announcements, including the new WoW expansion.

So lemme gauge MMO-C's hype for Blizzcon 2019.
    Honest piece of advice...save your money, find a new hungry gaming company (like Blizzard used to be), and spend your money on them. Blizzard is a full on, standard corporation whose primary activity is to pick your pocket dry as efficiently as possible.

Nothing lasts forever. It has been a good run, but Blizzard has been degrading for years now. Last Blizzcon is simply where it became too obvious to ignore. Find the next Blizzard and help them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    This Blizzcon:

WoW - next expansion announcement is expected
    Diablo - Diablo 4 announcement is expected
    HoTS - nothing?
    Overwatch - new hero is expected
    Hearthstone - new expansion is expected
    SC - nothing?

Apart from Diablo 4, the announcements for the other above franchises are all but expected (so nothing really to be hyped about). Blizzard hasn't released anything "fresh" for a while, and continue to try and milk existing franchises to the point me and many others are bored of their games. If they don't announce a new franchise this Blizzcon I imagine many players will move on and spend their money elsewhere... especially after the fiasco of Blizzcon 2018
    Eh the wow expansion started to be announced in the gamescon and probably the diablo 4 game(even if it's still developed) doesn't have anything big to show besides the logo
    Last edited by Zandalariprelate; 2019-04-25 at 04:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

hopeful they announce something.

If they don't, fuck em.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last year was my first time attending after many years doing the virtual ticket. Despite all the bashing of Blizzcon 2018 (and even as my first in-person, it did have it's issues), I'm hoping there is a Blizzcon this year. I'm not near Cali so it's a big expense to go, but even in a "down" year of Blizzcon, the times there with people debating Sylvanus in line, the amazing swag you get, trying out the games, seeing a surprise brief appearance in-person by Chris Metzen last year, etc. are all worth it.

The Blizzcon folks are very unique in the industry still today and after meeting quite a few in-person I really do feel like they are putting in 110%. It does seem like a tug-of-war going on between old Blizzard and new Activision-Blizzard (with Activision >>> Blizzard). So the ship might be going through a storm right now, but I do have confidence still in the majority of folks there.

after they repeatedly dropped the ball in handling ips (hots, diablo, OW) and then have nerve to say things like "what don't you guys have phones" without an ounce of understanding why they got booed for their money grab mobile push. Heathstone is Hearthstone, I lost any hope of it when random outcome cards became so prevalent-playing against mage who ends up with 5 iceblocks-so much fun.... I would by war3 reforged normally but Blizz has to re earn my trust.

No real hype for wow with the current dev team in charge. But hoping Starcraft 2 has something good. Would like to see them finally reveal the secret starcraft mmo they been working on for a few years now.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Even recently they first hype people on 5 "Quality of Life" Diablo 3 stash tabs, then change it to only 1 per Season Journey....

That's like 2 years to unlock them instead.

The only way they can hype Diablo 4 properly is by showing a playable far developed build and not just cinematics/teasers.

And while I don't expect much Hearthstone hype beside the usual cards/theme/trailer, they seem to be wanting to go in a different direction at least.
    Last edited by Teri; 2019-04-23 at 01:57 AM.

Huge Warcraft theme most likely. Classic will be out, new expansion announcement, Warcraft 3 Reforged and they are commemorating this year with the Warcraft statues.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wont buy a virtual ticket this year, unless they announce Diablo4 and u get a playable demo with the ticket.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Going to a blizzcon is a once in a lifetime experience so you should go if you have the chance, even more if this is going to end up like 2018 might become the last blizzcon ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    On one hand, my account lapsed in March, I haven't logged in since December, and haven't played regularly since November, so I don't care. On the other, should be a new WoW expansion announcement, plus after the shit show of last year, one might assume they'll really pull out the stops this year.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

I should be hyped since it's almost guaranteed that we'll see D4 and a new WoW expac, but I have no faith left in Blizzard to actually not completely fuck it up..

The expansion onto yet another stage is more confirmation that this Blizzcon is going to be something special as has been hinted.
    At least that is how I am viewing it.

7+ Year Old Account
    $229? Sometimes I wonder if they’re looking for the point where people decide it’s too expensive and don’t buy tickets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    $229? Sometimes I wonder if they’re looking for the point where people decide it’s too expensive and don’t buy tickets.
    Well you could spend an extra $300 for nothing with the new "portal pass" so there's always that.
    /s