View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    /snip
    No, but my statement was simply that there is no "massive majority" for Leave. It is factually incorrect to suggest so.

There's never been a "massive majority" for anything.

Anyway, if you're so confident.... get behind a 2nd ref. Let's put the issue beyond doubt.

----

@Slant well done

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    @Slant well done
    Too easy, really.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Too easy, really.
    Sadly, I can't post now without it being approved by a mod. My reputation has preceded me.

Sadly, I can't post now without it being approved by a mod. My reputation has preceded me.
    Oh really? Seems they're a bit slow there, I fully expect to get an outright ban before the evening's out.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Good Lord the amount of stupidity on that forum is staggering...

Quote Originally Posted by thaswelper View Post
    Slant you could threaten to rape dribbles and the moderators would ignore you. You have posted around 60 unambiguous ad hominem's, offensive racist crap and other clear violations, it is obvious you are getting special treatment.
    Oh, Yeah? Ask @xskarma about the special treatment I get. I feel treated really special, I get an infraction for "GTFO". And now I have yet another burner account talking shit to me. Seriously... this is wrong on so many levels.

Special treatments or whatever, I think it would be good to talk about the topic at hand, not discuss moderation, which still is against the rules.

Anyway, is there any actual, meaningful movement or is everyone just treading water until the EU elections, to then repeat the whole back and forth again?

@Legin Dude, that other forum is a joke. Can't take any of them more serious than Dribs. I did give them the benefit of the doubt, but I don't think I'll keep posting there. Waste of effort. But interesting experience to dive into a pure and unadulterated Brexiteer bubble. Jesus Christ are they deluded. I thought Dribs was a unique phenomenon. Apparently, he's not. :P

7+ Year Old Account
    @Legin Dude, that other forum is a joke. Can't take any of them more serious than Dribs. I did give them the benefit of the doubt, but I don't think I'll keep posting there. Waste of effort. But interesting experience to dive into a pure and unadulterated Brexiteer bubble. Jesus Christ are they deluded. I thought Dribs was a unique phenomenon. Apparently, he's not. :P
    Actually I thought you were very good over there. Reminded me of a couple of years ago on here pre referendum, you are still peddling the same old EU narrative though and whatever you say is more likely to convert an undecided voter towards Brexit than remain, so thanks I guess.

I was quite tempted to do the reverse of @Legin and invite them here with a link, but you know, Brexit is going to win without your help as you have just witnessed - We are 17.4 million. How, if you are such a good organisation, do you even begin to make that many enemies?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

only 17million, wasnt the combined UK population like 66million?

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Actually I thought you were very good over there. Reminded me of a couple of years ago on here pre referendum, you are still peddling the same old EU narrative though and whatever you say is more likely to convert an undecided voter towards Brexit than remain, so thanks I guess.

I was quite tempted to do the reverse of @Legin and invite them here with a link, but you know, Brexit is going to win without your help as you have just witnessed - We are 17.4 million. How, if you are such a good organisation, do you even begin to make that many enemies?
    Are you forgetting the maths lesson I gave you? You've lost a million of those to Father Time already. Polls suggest you've actually lost more than that to people realising their stupidity. You HAD 17 million. In the past. The EU elections will show us how many you have. The polls suggest it's a lot lower than 17 million.

It's also interesting to see you go back to the broad satire you were doing a while back. I guess you've got past the anger phase of mourning for Brexit. You will get to acceptance soon, trust me. The worst is over for you.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

The funny thing is I still can't post there. You're up to 76 posts lol, I'm stuck at 1. I wrote a perfectly polite reply to the guy who posted the "EU is turning into a communist state" link and the mods haven't approved it. This is possibly because one mod has "Leaving the EUSSR" in his location description.

These guys think there is an agenda to transform the EU into a communist superstate?! Ummm.. they might want to pass this on to Corbyn who is desperate to leave the EU on the basis it “is staffed by bankers”.

Mr D, the conclusion I'm coming to is that the vast majority of people don't want to debate. They just want to hear their own opinions reflected back at them. Now - if there's one thing it’s not possible to accuse me of it's that. Time and time again over the last couple of years I've accepted other people's positions and altered my own. My initial point was about echoboxes. By all means, post a reciprocal link. At least I know I’ll be able to actually post a reply to them here!

@LeGin Tufnel Erm, it's just that megathread. Any regular thread you can post in as much as you like.

/sigh

I fail at teh interweb

OK...

/sigh

I fail at teh interweb

OK...
    Once you get to 15 posts, you can spam the mega thread, too.

Jeremy Hunt continues to be a bit of a....well, you know.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48052839

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Jeremy Hunt continues to be a bit of a....well, you know.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48052839
    I did wonder why it seems the 75th anniversary isn't getting nearly the attention the 50th did. Makes sense I guess, all the people who were there are dead now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I did wonder why it seems the 75th anniversary isn't getting nearly the attention the 50th did. Makes sense I guess, all the people who were there are dead now.
    What better way to respect WWII vets (living or deceased) than to invite a man who called Nazi's "fine people" to speak in our Parliament and be hosted by the Queen. 10/10 Mr Hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    only 17million, wasnt the combined UK population like 66million?
    While I agree it's not right to say 17m is the majority of people in the UK, it's still the majority of people who gave a fuck and actually voted. Anyone not voting is basically saying "whatever dude, I am behind the option that wins".

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    While I agree it's not right to say 17m is the majority of people in the UK, it's still the majority of people who gave a fuck and actually voted. Anyone not voting is basically saying "whatever dude, I am behind the option that wins".
    The real question is how many of those 17 million believe in leaving at any cost now it has become so obvious that the Leave campaign was so full of lies. Would they all still be pro-Brexit even if it was a no-deal disaster, a bad deal capitulation or a Brexit-In-Name-Only pointless endeavour?