Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Spoilers] So we actually kill Azshara?

Lor'themar: Our victory rings hollow. Azshara's master will rise. Nothing can stop that now
    From the PTR.

Do you guys feel this is a kill? It feels that way, Azshara succeeded in her goal, but she died by our hand. I thought she could be a major villain throughout the next expat and they could even twist her to our side later down the line before an actual kill or ending.

Shouldnt be surprised though. Cant wait to explore NZ'jatar, a bit annoyed I couldnt resist spoilers.

Feels a bit anti-climactic... ah well one more thing that just falls well short of expectations...I beginning to feel more often let down than I am amazed. Stuff in warcraft use to far more often amaze, disappointments were few., lately, it's the opposite.

Perhaps a sign we have long out grown this.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2019-04-25 at 05:32 PM.

To the incoming; 'the title is a spoiler' - they used a question mark!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Why yes, Blizz sure is a bunch of happy fellas!

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    wait wtf?? What kind of title is that??? Why say "Spoilers" and then say something like that?? Even if it was a question, you're spoiling it

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    From the PTR.

Do you guys feel this is a kill? It feels that way, Azshara succeeded in her goal, but she died by our hand. I thought she could be a major villain throughout the next expat and they could even twist her to our side later down the line before an actual kill or ending.

Shouldnt be surprised though. Cant wait to explore NZ'jatar, a bit annoyed I couldnt resist spoilers.

Feels a bit anti-climactic... ah well one more thing that just falls well short of expectations...I beginning to feel more often let down than I am amazed. Stuff in warcraft use to far more often amaze, disappointments were few., lately, it's the opposite.

She doesn't die. At least not so far on the PTR. Her "death" animation is her collapsing, breathing heavily. There's also broadcast texts where she says "you cannot bind a queen", so it's pretty likely that after she frees N'zoth she is bound to his prison by Thalyssra and Jaina. She is more or less getting the Sargeras treatment for now.

Edit; The exact quotes from the encounter:
    Jaina: Thalyssra, aid me! Together we can hold her here!
    Thalyssra: Now you will know what it means to be trapped, Azshara!
    Azshara: I am Azshara! I was destined to rule! No force can bind me!
    Last edited by Archibalde; 2019-04-25 at 05:43 PM.

Theron is not omniscient and that line doesn't reveal anything.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Not much of a spoiler. But yeah, we gut her. She apparently tries to escape but can’t or something. The dungeon journal gives the info.

Story doesn't make sense. Before we learned that N'zoth was upset at Azshara because she was using his power without helping him escape. N'zoth was said to be angry about that. But then we are told that she used players to power up the amulet in order to free him. Alot of stuff doesn't add up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    1. ^
    2. Change the title
    3. Wait until the actual launch - PTR is a ...PTR... a lot of still aren't stable and might be changed sooner or later
    exactly, i still remember when they changed kargath highmaul encounter, on beta he escapes loosing a arm, but in live we kill him

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    She doesn't die. At least not so far on the PTR. Her "death" animation is her collapsing, breathing heavily. There's also broadcast texts where she says "you cannot bind a queen", so it's pretty likely that after she frees N'zoth she is bound to his prison by Thalyssra and Jaina. She is more or less getting the Sargeras treatment for now.

Edit; The exact quotes from the encounter:
    Jaina: Thalyssra, aid me! Together we can hold her here!
    Thalyssra: Now you will know what it means to be trapped, Azshara!
    Azshara: I am Azshara! I was destined to rule! No force can bind me!
    During the encounter jaina n thalyssra create a barrier so she cant port out, so we are essentially stuck in there with her and forced to fight us.

7+ Year Old Account
    From the PTR.
    Your title is bad and you should feel bad.

Anyways, no we don't.
    We pull a sargeras on her.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    Story doesn't make sense. Before we learned that N'zoth was upset at Azshara because she was using his power without helping him escape. N'zoth was said to be angry about that. But then we are told that she used players to power up the amulet in order to free him. Alot of stuff doesn't add up.
    We were only told that by a random leak, they never actually said that in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don’t. She is “sealed” just as Sargeras was.

Blizzard has learned not to kill off major villains and “seals” them away for hype generators later down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    Source on this, outside of that fake leak many of you fell for last month.

It seems she's jailed. Looks like they learned their lesson and stopped offing major RTS lore characters. They can pull Azshara/N'zoth out now in the future when they run out of villains people care about.

Change the title.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Blizzard has learned not to kill off major villains and “seals” them away for hype generators later down the road.
    In a hundred years, our grandchildren will finally get a chance to kill them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    We don’t. She is “sealed” just as Sargeras was.

Pity Kil'jaeden (which imo was more awesome pre WoW of course than Azshara and tbh he was more important and more major villain than her) didn't get that treatment.

From the PTR.

Azshara by all rights should be less powerful than a lot of the villains we've faced. The quote people LOVE to use to demonstrate her power is when she had full use of the well above all others. She was pretty much one with the well. Anyone with her level of addiction and use had become a shade of their former self to even being a crackhead looking thing. Nzoth saved her from drowning. It never said he either empowered or removed her addiction.

She deserved to die in a quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It seems she's jailed. Looks like they learned their lesson and stopped offing major RTS lore characters. They can pull Azshara/N'zoth out now in the future when they run out of villains people care about.
    It's amazing how much time took for them to learn some basic lesson. In fact Maiev taking a sealed Illidan or Tirion sealing Arthas in the ashbringer with all of his scourge generals would had been a more desirable ending than killing them with their cartoon villains minologues and reviving them later like if this wwere dragon ball
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

I feel like even if we do then N’zoth will bring her ass back, seeing as how it appears she’s managed to free him. There’s no direct line that says she’s dead either - there’s even reference to her trying to be imprisoned so I guess we’ll see.