Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kubaje View Post
    Crucible of Storms releasing, time to increase emissary rewards to 395/400.

So Blizzard is saying that the majority of players doesn't raid mythic, which means they are either entirely or mostly invalidating everything the majority did for the past 3 months.

This pretty much means: 1 week 3 months after raid release = 3 months of progressing multiple hours a week

Why would any sane person choose to actually raid and invest that much more time when they can get the same rewards 3 months later without any effort by doing trivial content?
    Emmm this practice has been around for a long time in WoW. This is no suprise. Game need to flow wht do not ppl understand that ? They have to boost content. If you jump in late state of expansion its pretty undoable to reach endgame content without gear. So basic gear is little bit closer to player. If max ilvl grows why do not grow basic ilvl?

PPL didnt remember when they gave almost free warlord/marshal sets at the end of vanilla ? :P
    Last edited by czarek; 2019-04-26 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kubaje View Post
    Why would any sane person choose to actually raid and invest that much more time when they can get the same rewards 3 months later without any effort by doing trivial content?
    Because raiding is the only thing that is still fun for me this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    It is crazy how some people beliave that its elites what doesnt like this when in fact it is actual casual majority what hate this change. This people got their progression rip apart not mythic raiders. Some people live in such delusinal state they think casuals enyojs getting free gear for doing nothing and it keeps them playing rofl. No casual players will not keep playing your game just becouse you will rain welfare gear on them it actualy makes them quit.
    Lies im still here a casual more loot please!

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    Classic raiding = spamming shadow bolt. 1 spell. Super interesting.
    and bosses with 1 raid mechanic .

so deep and satysfying

10+ Year Old Account
    I've come to realise that some people will still be garbage at the game regardless if they have equal item level to me, so you shouldn't stress about welfare epics. Titanforging and gem slots have seen to the decimation of real item level prestige anyway. This is why people are not re-clearing end game bosses, even in the best guilds.

I mean why bother trying so hard to get nothing in return.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=291392/...s-and-speculat

look like in 8.2 raids wont be relevant from the beggiing

and you fools thought its a mistake what blizzard did 3 days ago ^^

like i said before those are deliberate changes with deep deep consequences for game in future

Fuck sake lol it's like they don't learn......

The upgrade bit? Fine. But the armor tokens yet again random. So basically if you spend time getting the base token and it rolls crap stats then you have to keep at it....

This doesn't solve the main issue. RNG on top of RNG.

And it says a lot if we can get endgame level gears this early on to be honest. Because even in 7.2 we only got 850 ilvl stuff or w/e from Broken Shore and hell even 910 from Argus. It's never been this close to the cap so I'm guessing they need to try more carrots on the stick to keep people subbed or to come back.

Which yet again creates the original problem of why the majority left. Because of this crappy "carrot on stick" design intent they seem to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

The upgrade bit? Fine. But the armor tokens yet again random. So basically if you spend time getting the base token and it rolls crap stats then you have to keep at it....

And it says a lot if we can get endgame level gears this early on to be honest. Because even in 7.2 we only got 850 ilvl stuff or w/e from Broken Shore and hell even 910 from Argus. It's never been this close to the cap so I'm guessing they need to try more carrots on the stick to keep people subbed or to come back.

Which yet again creates the original problem of why the majority left. Because of this crappy "carrot on stick" design intent they seem to have.
    or they see its working perfeckly and thats why they put this system into game even earlier

why you are so dissapointed - didnt people fight for badge system for so long - well here you have effectively badges .

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

"Speculation"
    "Yet to be determined"
    "We don't know"

These are what your basing your whining on...

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    That's more often than not all you do in Path of Exile. You have one main damage ability, yet it is still the best aRPG on the market right now. Why do so many people always associate 1 button spam to be boring?
    Probably because it is. Poe and diablo and arpgs have the advantage of building your character for the 1 btn spam. Vanilla wow or even retail wow don't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    We are not arguing about the numbers or the growth, rather than cause. So it is common sense. Meaning? It was the best MMO available? Most casual friendly MMO? There are be many reason. Infact in most likely many reason that just happen that multiplied the effect.

So 280 000 is now considered a lot for Classic but it is a sign of doom for retail.

I doubt it since some of the factors that contributed to that explosive no longer applies.

Sure. 250k might be break even point to run the game. What applies to Classic could also apply to current WoW although I suspect they will have to scale back some operations.
    "We" aren't arguing. You are. Of course there are multiple reasons why Classic jumped from 300,000 to almost 8 million players in 2 years. Just there are multiple reasons why WoDmanaged to lose HALF their subs in the first 3 months. (And let's be honest it's very likely Legiona dn BfA performed similarly) For whatever reason... people keep coming back each expansion.. but leaving a few short months later. Could that be because they are wanting a more authentic experience to the one they once loved? Has game design philosophy changed much since Vanilla? Of course. For the better? Well again... Vanilla thru WotLK saw a constant rise ni subscribers.. and it's been down hill ever since.

280,000 signatures on a petition MOST didn't even know about? Yes... it's significant. Retail losing HALF it's sub in the first 3-6 months? I don;t know if it spells "doom"... but it sure doesn't spell "growth". The game is in it's worst shape ever. With even those playing it lambasting it. The devout Blizzard supporters are even turning tail because they are vastly outnumbered by disgruntled players.

You can doubt al you want... and yes some of the aspects that made it successful then are no longer in play... but there are new things in play... mostly the fact that people can;t stand BfA overall. These are the people that will rush to play Classic just like they rushed to play each expansion pack. But this time... it will be an enirely different experience than that of WoD, Legion and BfA.

Like laying off 800 people? Like doing away with the employee bonus system? Sounds like scaling back to me.

It's only a few more months before we see just how popular Classic is. Maybe it will flop... maybe it will do OK... maybe , just maybe, it will be a sleep success... just like it was in 2004. You should hope the latter... because it is the ONLY thing that can save WoW longterm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Probably because it is. Poe and diablo and arpgs have the advantage of building your character for the 1 btn spam. Vanilla wow or even retail wow don't have that.
    Not boring to me. I enjoyed Vanilla combat more than current. To me it makes no difference anyway, if I spam 1 button or rotate between 3-4.. what's the difference? Your finger barely moves an inch and it all becomes muscle memory. The only time a rotation is exciting is for the first 1-2 hours, after that I can't tell a difference between my specs. I play 4 at the moment, Arms Warrior, Frost Mage, Assas Rogue and Elemental Shaman. I log in and don't think of the rotation, it's all just muscle memory and no decision making apart from stacking CDs, so imo, 1 button smash is as exciting as complete rotation, just a different ability to press to deal the same damage as if I was to press 1.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2019-04-26 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    *yet

(im serious just look at the gearing up changes and pruning of abilities)

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Not boring to me. I enjoyed Vanilla combat more than current. To me it makes no difference anyway, if I spam 1 button or rotate between 3-4.. what's the difference? Your finger barely moves an inch and it all becomes muscle memory. The only time a rotation is exciting is for the first 1-2 hours, after that I can't tell a difference between my specs. I play 4 at the moment, Arms Warrior, Frost Mage, Assas Rogue and Elemental Shaman. I log in and don't think of the rotation, it's all just muscle memory and no decision making apart from stacking CDs, so imo, 1 button smash is as exciting as complete rotation, just a different ability to press to deal the same damage as if I was to press 1.
    Ofc it's subjective. If you don't find 1btn spam to be boring, you do you. But its not surprising lots of people don't find spamming frostbolt in Mc is particularely fun. Especially when you lack the customization behind said 1btn spam.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-04-26 at 12:32 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Invalidating content started in Patch 2.4, removal of attunements/quel'danas.

Only more and more since, with multiple raid difficulties, world quests, titanforging etc.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    For example, in original WoW, items were added to give players a way to quickly prepare for Ahn’Qiraj without having to spend months in Molten Core and Blackwing Lair.
    Sounds like content invalidation is something totally new.

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    For example, in original WoW, items were added to give players a way to quickly prepare for Ahn’Qiraj without having to spend months in Molten Core and Blackwing Lair.
    Sounds like content invalidation is something totally new.
    oh that burn .....

burn burn burn....

but more seriously - well duh that catch up was always there - i wonder how people can honestly claim it wasnt .

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this, after like 15 kills of the Opulence and Rastakan without a 2nd dagger drop, now I have a chance to get a 400+ dagger for my offhand

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Invalidating content started in Patch 2.4, removal of attunements/quel'danas.
    IMO it started with patch 1.3 Dire Maul had items on par with Molten Core.