Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Voiddragons will have no lore at all or will ruin the lore for the other Dragons

On the Ptr void dragons got datamined. Which is nothing bad on its own. BUT, dragon lore at the moment is pretty rare. And another new race of dragons we focus on will take even more lore away from the main dragonflights.

Specially the twillight dragons will probably be forgoten by the writers. The writers abandoned the concept of twillight dragons , which they set up in the novels pre dating Vanilla , to make them generic bad guys and use them to always fill the ,, void ´´when a evil dragon is needed.

Now in Legion ( shamen order hall quest ) and in BFA island expedition quests, we finally see the twillight dragons act as independent flight , with invidual characters.

But with Void dragons we run the danger of giving blizzard new generic evil dragons , which than will get all the focus on them.

The nightmare dragons atleast had their lore already be made before legion. So they were mostly Ignored.

TLDR : Void dragons will be useless or eat up all new dragon lore

The Void dragons are literally just normal dragons corrupted by the Void, it doesn't ruin anything and is in line with the idea that the Void is such an insidious force that it can corrupt even dragons, guardians, and gods. If you look at the screenshot, the Void Dragon does not seem to be nearly as unique as the Twilight Dragon.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-04-26 at 11:36 AM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

We don't know any lore behind them yet, but there are lines and interactions datamined involving Alexstrasza and Twilight flight making a re-emergence in a side quest.

What they're going for here is that the Twilight flight is progressing even further into corruption. It'll likely be the same Twilight flight we know now, just touched by the Void.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    We don't know any lore behind them yet, but there are lines and interactions datamined involving Alexstrasza and Twilight flight making a re-emergence in a side quest.

What they're going for here is that the Twilight flight is progressing even further into corruption. It'll likely be the same Twilight flight we know now, just touched by the Void.
    thats one thing i fear, why cant they focus on letting the willight dragons figure out what it meant to be a dragon flight, why not let the other dragonflights see how they fit in the mortal world. Why force another evil dragon flight/form into this

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrmm. How much do you want to bet that Alexstraza will become a Void Dragon at some point in time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Hrmm. How much do you want to bet that Alexstraza will become a Void Dragon at some point in time?
    Given how malevolent and insidious the Void is, not even the Aspect of Life is safe.

I must say, I am surprised that the dragon aspects managed to avoid corruption after living so close to Yogg-Saron for centuries.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Twilight Dragonflight makes an appearance in the Heart of Azeroth upgrade quest chain in 8.2. They are safe. Even though they were supposedly wiped out in Cataclysm as it is. Also, they weren't established pre-WoW. First mention of Twilight Dragonflight was shortly before WotLK. You're thinking of Chromatic Dragonflight probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    In a sense, "Void" is very much a template like "Fel," it is something that generally happens to a thing and not something a thing is. We've had a number of Fel-corrupted dragons, and now we're seeing the first Void-corrupted ones as well. The Twilight dragonflight was already kind of going down that path so it's not really that much of a revelation all told.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    thats one thing i fear, why cant they focus on letting the willight dragons figure out what it meant to be a dragon flight, why not let the other dragonflights see how they fit in the mortal world. Why force another evil dragon flight/form into this
    It's very much likely going to happen, but I also think it might be room for a splinter Twilight dragon faction to form.

It's hard to say though because the Twilight flight is naturally twisted with old god influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Twilight Dragonflight makes an appearance in the Heart of Azeroth upgrade quest chain in 8.2. They are safe. Even though they were supposedly wiped out in Cataclysm as it is. Also, they weren't established pre-WoW. First mention of Twilight Dragonflight was shortly before WotLK. You're thinking of Chromatic Dragonflight probably.
    Ah you are right. Mixed the release dates of day of the dragon with night of the dragon.

But I still stand with that the version of the book was a lot more likeable than the version we got. Which could maybe be explained by the difference of Sinestra and Deathwing leading the twillight dragons.

Probably just a new race of dragons or a corrupted one. I hope we see a light/fel and death dragons(undead ones doesn't count)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Twilight dragons have nothing to do with the void. They're literally dragons created from splicing all five dragonflights into one. They're the success after Nefarian's semi-failure with the chromatics.

Then Deathwing took it a step further with creating a dragon more energy than flesh in the form of Ultraxion.

Void dragons just seems the logical next step to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Probably just a new race of dragons or a corrupted one. I hope we see a light/fel and death dragons(undead ones doesn't count)
    Before the Cata revamp we had a long, long questline around the plaguelands, into Blackrock spire, and then into Scholomance to stop the Scourge from creating a plagued dragonflight with which to attack us. We even get one as a mount from the TCG, the mottled drake.

Actually twillight dragons are dragon eggs from one race. Filled with nether dragon energy + blue dragon relict + shards of the dragonsoul. Nothing to do with mixing dragon races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Given how malevolent and insidious the Void is, not even the Aspect of Life is safe.

I must say, I am surprised that the dragon aspects managed to avoid corruption after living so close to Yogg-Saron for centuries.
    Yogg-Saron seems to have concentrated mostly on corrupting the keepers of Ulduar throughout most of Azeroths's history.

With that said, at least 3 of the aspects have been corrupted by old god influence - Neltharion (By a coordinated effort by the Old Gods?), Ysera (By N'Zoth's agent Xavius), and Nozdormu (At some point in the future/past/present/timelineshenanigans). Malygos MAY have been influenced by Old Gods during his insane period, who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Actually twillight dragons are dragon eggs from one race. Filled with nether dragon energy + blue dragon relict + shards of the dragonsoul. Nothing to do with mixing dragon races.
    Dargonax in "Night of the Dragon" was made in that fashion, but later on the Twilight's Hammer discovered a way to alter or mutate the eggs of the other dragonflights using an unspecified energy or ritual. This is what they were doing when they invaded the sanctums at Wrymrest (in "Twilight of the Aspects"), which caused Krasus to destroy them before the entirety of the eggs present there could be converted into Twilight dragons (just as he himself was in the last moments).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Twilight Dragons are dragons corrupted from other dragonflights by the Twilight's Hammer and Deathwing. Void dragons hell if we know yet. I do agree that utilizing an existing group would fit better than just making new ones, even if that void dragon looks pretty neato.

I wouldn't bother how models are named.

I mean, as far as i know, said model hasn't appeared in game yet nor has been referred to as "void Dragon".
    If you look at the actual model, it perfectly matches the colour scheme of a Twilight Dragon, Twilight Dragons being some sort "Void Dragon" by itself isn't even that farfetched considering who created them in the first place.

Personally, i am more excited about the fact that there's another proper Dragon model, Blizzard still uses the old ass Vanilla models for a shit ton of Dragons, which just look awful compared to current models.

7+ Year Old Account
    i don't think they will ruin anything, just add more things, they will prob forget the others but thats it.

Still sad that they give up the chromatic dragonflight and cromatus, he could be a awesome final boss

5+ Year Old Account
    Wow head has a article on it and speculation. If a recall correctly.

It says all the “EVIL” dragons factions have made a come back in the side stories in BFA. Island mission lore suggests even the chromatic dragons are starting to appear again.

They are all reproducing again but the “good” dragons are going extinct which sucks imo because the dragon aspects were cool factions as allies not villains.