Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    after the big fail, they rise up the cost of the ticket ?? LOL

Hope those statuses go on sale. Look like the ones of Greymane and Surfang they put out last year. Like the cartoony look of them.

Angry Embracing the Void

Actually, from everything they mentioned afterwards in Blizzcon last year, I would say it's the WOW crowd's turn for this particular treat.

Forget WOW GO....And for our World of Warcraft announcement the next Wow expansion, Embracing the Void will release September 2021, MOBILE only!!!!!!

What????!!?? Don't you guys have phones????

HEY!!!...You think you want PC games...but you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    "Epic Welcome"...... yeah right.

After last years Blizzcon and recent ones that have been underwhelming as hell I'd be surprised if it sold out as fast again.

Let's see if they are stupid enough to announce another mobile game to an audience of primarily pc and console gamers.

This year will be "do you not have tablets?"

lol it just reminded me of the D3 videos from last year. Two of them have racked up over 1 million dislikes. I wonder if they still think they know what we want and are going to tell us what we want.
    Last edited by Malum; 2019-04-26 at 10:49 AM.

I saw this morning about this pre event evening thing and thought, "Well that's a good idea" as the article reported it was to try to make up for last year BS

Just seen the price.

Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    Just remember: You can't actually USE your advertised blizzcon ticket pass until AFTER you reach revered with all the factions and unlock flying.
    This, so much this

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that the "statue" is the size of a fucking D&D mini. Also, a $30 increase in price after last year's shitshow? I expect to see attendance at an all time low this year.
    should be the same size as the heroe's line or whatever it's called that came out last year at con, and those are nice for the price. They are designed for statue collectors that can't or don't want to pay 300+ for the larger scale ones.

and it will be same or larger attendance as it will sell out again so GG on that prediction
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Higher ticket price, vip lane, mobile gaming. Good one blizzard, good one...

November 2, day of the dead, fitting
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I have some coworkers that play some mobile Star Wars game. every paycheck they *ALL* sink anywhere from 25 to 100 bucks into it. They ask me if I pay money in WoW for anything and "Nope, just 15/month for Subscription Fee."
    Is it "Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes"?

Was the game i played during the end of my WoW era and almost a year after it. Lots of whales in that game... So many, you can't be competitive without being one. Every new character is overpowered and behind a paywall

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    They're definitely planning something big with the extra convention space, but this was a horribly thought out announcement. All I got from this was that the tickets are more expensive...they should have announced what exactly they are planning this year to justify the increased cost. Right now I'm just kind of...bleh about the whole thing.

I don't know if I'm going to go this year, which is a shame, because I had a lot of ideas for some Jaina cosplay.
    Probably nothing (yet), hence the lack of announcements. They still have time to surprise us, though...
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Is it "Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes"?

Was the game i played during the end of my WoW era and almost a year after it. Lots of whales in that game... So many, you can't be competitive without being one. Every new character is overpowered and behind a paywall
    Good lord that game is nothing but a cash dump, we stumbled across it a few years ago when it was still new and even THEN in was nothing but a cash dump, good old EA.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Good lord that game is nothing but a cash dump, we stumbled across it a few years ago when it was still new and even THEN in was nothing but a cash dump, good old EA.
    Exactly my point. That's why i asked @SinR
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Really dude? You're defending and rationalizating these practices? You can't be serious.
    When the practices you spout are plain wrong, as also pointed out by someone after me in a response to your exact same post, then yes.
    I even agreed that Blizzcon last year was handled poorly with the mobile announcement, but still added that after the rage has died down most people in forums you read from even stated they wouldn’t have cared at all about a mobile game announcement if it had been tied in with a D4 announcement.
    So yes, I will defend a company whose games I still enjoy from people who spout off wrong information as if it is fact. If you bring up something worth merit I would probably agree with you; however, your point of tax evasion is false. Your issue with the layoffs, while it sucks people lose their jobs, is a fact of life for any major company that starts embracing the future of autonomous systems, as even demonstrated by companies like Walmart and even smaller grocery/department stores that use self checkouts, as well as many customer service phone services. Maybe come back with genuine information that has facts behind it and you will have a genuine complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Really dude? You're defending and rationalizating these practices? You can't be serious.
    You're surprised people are?

It's actually disgusting they have the gall to do this after Blizzcon 2018. Not only upping the price but charging for a 3rd ticket that barely offers anything.

But of course despite the fact they "do this for the fans at a loss" gotta rake in that money after a record year and firing employees amirite?

Honestly dude it's just Activision sticking their nose in and telling them to make more profit across the board at the cost of quality and reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    When the practices you spout are plain wrong
    Yes, they are wrong. Legal loophole or not, the practice of a multi-million dollar corporation paying zero tax...paying less tax than a minimum wage worker in america...is WRONG.

The practice of laying off the experienced, higher-paid employees that helped make you that record profit, then re-posting their same positions to hire in entry-level employees to do the same job for less money is WRONG. Don't believe me? Why don't you actually look into what they're doing instead of making up strawman reasons for the layoffs. Go check Bellular's video starting at 9:33.

Acti-blizz has shown that they don't care about their customers' wants or desires beyond how to manipulate the most money out of them, and they've shown that they don't care about even their own employees. These are not the actions of a company that should be supported, and if you want to perform mental gymnastics to avoid having to face that because you "enjoy their games", then at least own that bullshit.

Look, I get it. Im asking a lot here. Im asking you to consider the idea that a game you really enjoy supports a company that you've probably trusted for over a decade. I'm asking the near-impossible: To change your opinion.

You can come up with all kinds of rationalizations and hand-waving to ignore how Blizzard is behaving. You can dodge damning reports of their shitty behavior like Neo on a cocktail of Ritalin and Jolt Cola. You can think of me as some kind of crazy conspiracy theorist spouting nonsense. I can't stop you. But at some point that bird is going to come home to roost and you're going to get burned. At some point the shit will pile up to where not even you can't ignore it.

I'm always going to be surprised by this because I always assume people have enough sense and common decency to recognize when a corporation is taking a giant shit on them and trying to sell it as the next wonderful thing. And people wonder why I'm salty when I find out they don't have sense and they aren't decent.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-04-26 at 05:12 PM.

possible reasons for ticket price increas: new ticket sales vendor, more space at the con (registration is now off site so hall E can be used for the con) thus they have to rent a registration space, more security costs than last year? to try and decrease losses / make profit

possible reasons for a 500 VIP ticket: letting those that have that level of disposable income do so to try keep GA as low as possible, just rip more money from fans with more money.

i can't say all the reasons but it doesn't HAVE to be evil or malicious intent..... I wouldn't be surprised at all if the 500 dollar ticket is to help offset the GA ones though. As well as AXS charging more than unvierse (i'm going off the thought these ticketing services charge to be used)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Exactly my point. That's why i asked @SinR
    O.o its the least cast dump heavy game i've played... i've spent maybe 100 to 150 in 3 years? and stay top 100 and do fine. and that's with out researching mods and best farming strategies /shrug guess it depends on definition of competitive.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Just think how many mobile game announcements you could be physically there for...
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather pay 120 Euro for a great 4 day festival and see awesome bands than this... Their pricing is crazy for this kind of a convention. Does the Blizzcon do stuff like the Comic Con where you can buy just a 1 day pass?

Whenever I think of Blizzard anymore all I can think is "Give us more money and shut up. We don't care what you think. We just want your money."

10+ Year Old Account

It's actually disgusting they have the gall to do this after Blizzcon 2018. Not only upping the price but charging for a 3rd ticket that barely offers anything.

But of course despite the fact they "do this for the fans at a loss" gotta rake in that money after a record year and firing employees amirite?

Honestly dude it's just Activision sticking their nose in and telling them to make more profit across the board at the cost of quality and reputation.

Do you ever get tired of the inner struggle you have against being a champion of hate against Blizzard?