Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It was allllll going to be super easy regardless, there's also the fact that it's on the new API, which means all the new addons like Weakauras and DBM far beyond what vanilla ever had in functionality will be available, THAT will make it even more trivial then gear.
    You're right when you say that which is the problem with changes. Changes justify other changes. The content being easy isn't an excuse to make it even easier.

We're talking about gear that is 2x as effective with 1.12 stats. The weapon I linked earlier is but one example. 40 spellpower is better than 1% crit with 7stam and 5 int.

Non-progressive itemization is just lazy, a bunch of guys coding private servers as a hobby manage to do it almost flawlessly
    Last edited by tikcol; 2019-04-26 at 05:04 PM.

It was allllll going to be super easy regardless, there's also the fact that it's on the new API, which means all the new addons like Weakauras and DBM far beyond what vanilla ever had in functionality will be available, THAT will make it even more trivial then gear.
    If anything addons could do much more in vanilla then they can do now. Over the years the possibilities of addons were only reduced, not increased.

The addon community just had to grow and come up with ideas, and have time to implement them. This was not vanilla limiting it artificially, just a factor of time. As such, the "API" has no impact on this - on the contrary even, by blocking addons like Decursive which were possible in Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with this. My only complaint with Classic so far is that I'd rather have the original AV than 1.12, but it's not deal breaking or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If anything addons could do much more in vanilla then they can do now. Over the years the possibilities of addons were only reduced, not increased.

The addon community just had to grow and come up with ideas, and have time to implement them. This was not vanilla limiting it artificially, just a factor of time. As such, the "API" has no impact on this - on the contrary even, by blocking addons like Decursive which were possible in Vanilla.
    Decursive is brought up a lot, but in reality it isn't that much worse today then it was back in the day. The only one that truly got worse was Healbot auto picking ranks for you, but it can still SUGGEST ranks, so it's not even going to be that big of a deal.

Proper threat meters? Weakauras? Much more in depth boss mods? all of that will make the game much easier then it was on top of the biggest nerf to vanilla in existence... Our combined knowledge. We already know everything about it.

Not to forget that everyone already know inside and out of each bosses's abilities as well. Plus load of guides exist on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by DTJames View Post
    Not to forget that everyone already know inside and out of each bosses's abilities as well. Plus load of guides exist on the internet.
    Yup, we had guides, but they weren't 1080p step by step this is how you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Now, queue planning for everything. Not like it's not already happening, but BiS lists, farming routes, boss strats, etc. ALL of that pre-planning BS will simply ruin what original WoW was all about in my opinion. Original WoW was all about figuring it all out. Even though I'm still going to play it like the old days, the feeling of the unknown is still going to be missing unfortunately.
    This is why I think a lot of people are ultimately going to be disappointed by Classic. That feeling of unknown can't ever be recreated, and it is going to change much of the experience that people remember.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Interesting to see the complains.

Said it before, this is not going to be like Vanilla, they do not have everything they require, and neither they would ever tryhard to make it feel like Vanilla.

Its literally a "We are listening to the players, we arent EA!" combined with "We are gonna waste a couple of million dollars to make much more just from the marketing and "good grades with players" without even launching the game yet".

Its gonna be just a server that wont go offline because a GM crushed his car and stole the money that was meant for server hosting, with a ton more bug fixing since its not basement developer but a proper small team in an actual company.

So you will know your character will be there if you dont check the forums for a week if the private server is offline or not.

Quote Originally Posted by THCRaven View Post
    But the blade is from MC not pre-raid.
    I chose the blade for one simple reason,

The blade originally had something like 7stam, 5 int and 1% crit

The pre raid bis weapon on the same patch had 1% crit

I didn't say gear from mc is inferior to pre-raid bis gear, i meant that mc gear from a progressive itemization server is inferior to non-progressive pre-raid bis gear

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    "Private servers could do it, why can't blizz"... however it has been stated TONS of times, even from private servers themselves, the values of stuff are mostly guessed and not equal to what we had in vanilla, so some stuff might hit harder in classic and some might hit softer. So don't expect the game to be as easy as on private servers.

Quote Originally Posted by zetitup View Post
    "Private servers could do it, why can't blizz"... however it has been stated TONS of times, even from private servers themselves, the values of stuff are mostly guessed and not equal to what we had in vanilla, so some stuff might hit harder in classic and some might hit softer. So don't expect the game to be as easy as on private servers.
    How does private servers getting values wrong justify blizzard not implementing progressive itemization exactly? hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    How does private servers getting values wrong justify blizzard not implementing progressive itemization exactly? hmm?
    I honestly would rather not have a period of "warrior only helm with spirit" thank you.

Oh my, can't wait to see Tips Out making a video crying all over this! Hahahaha!

I like this decision. Is stupid to introduce the old bad gear just to fool people that dosen't know about the changes. Only people that would get benefited from that would be those that do know of the changes, so they can probably get the items easily as people pass on gear that looks undesirable... then they'd save them in the bank till blizzard introduced the changes... Nothing but special snowflake greed and maliciousness. So with this decision, they ensure the game field will be fair and square!

Good Job Blizzard!

Proper threat meters? Weakauras? Much more in depth boss mods? all of that will make the game much easier then it was on top of the biggest nerf to vanilla in existence... Our combined knowledge. We already know everything about it.
    Sure it might. But all I'm saying is that these things were not impossible back then, just noone made them yet. Its really quite the same as "knowledge", since a bossmod for example is just a repository of bossfight knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Sure it might. But all I'm saying is that these things were not impossible back then, just noone made them yet. Its really quite the same as "knowledge", since a bossmod for example is just a repository of bossfight knowledge.
    Actually, pretty sure threat meters couldn't actually pull properly back then because Blizzard didn't add threat to the API until later.

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Only one server? I figured there would be a PvE and one PvP.
    lets be real, there will be more than one server...come on now
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly would rather not have a period of "warrior only helm with spirit" thank you.
    They justified it the fucking blue post. Read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    They justified it the fucking blue post. Read it.
    And I'm saying I agree with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    This is why I think a lot of people are ultimately going to be disappointed by Classic. That feeling of unknown can't ever be recreated, and it is going to change much of the experience that people remember.
    Exactly, everything's known and there's no sense of discovery. The people you meet will be there for different reasons. That's just a small percentage of why it won't be the same. I'm not complaining and what they're doing makes sense, but I'm going to be that guy- It's not going to be a Classic experience.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post
    lets be real, there will be more than one server...come on now
    Yeah, probably 2, pve and pvp which will be ghost towns after whatever "hype" there is wears out, people who thought it was going to be a 1:1 copy are already disappointed by this news