Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Classic without classic bugs and mechanics isn't classic.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is how I expected it to work. Glad to hear they've selected an approach and are sticking to it. It seems silly to update the game in a way that it happened in the past. Those updates were because of previous limitations and learning from their mistakes.

All of these item updates are so overhyped anyways. Almost all of the items that actually got "noticeably" buffed are top items that would've gotten updated in the earlier phases already (phase 2 and 3) and thus that's the type of thing that wouldn't affect almost anyone.

Heck even Nostalrius only did that for "marketing" reasons aka it appeared that they were far more serious about a proper vanilla experience than the "competition" was.

I am sure though that some "top" players and streamers will make a big deal about this and how this ruins everything, because classic should be all about that

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Sure it might. But all I'm saying is that these things were not impossible back then, just noone made them yet. Its really quite the same as "knowledge", since a bossmod for example is just a repository of bossfight knowledge.
    A lot of the top guilds had their own mods that weren't publicly released. There was much more of a "don't tell" vibe to raiding so guilds were actually able to do better by having better knowledge than their competitors. Knowledge of fights was its own skill and could be a huge advantage over other guilds.

I imagine they will need to increase boss health by around 5-10% to compensate for the improved itemization prior to Naxx and maybe AQ, but that's all they will need to do to essentially make the fights play out identically to when we had more poorly optimized gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is this news actually a surprise to anyone?

It is common sense to me.
    Progression is nice and I was surprised when they committed to releasing in phases but in 1.5-2 years it won't matter anyway.

I just can't wait till release day. Going to take a week off to get a good head start
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    I imagine they will need to increase boss health by around 5-10% to compensate for the improved itemization prior to Naxx and maybe AQ, but that's all they will need to do to essentially make the fights play our identically to when we had more poorly optimized gear.
    That's a terrible suggestion and they absolutely shouldn't do that. Some private servers were doing this and really what they ended up with were just longer and more boring fights.

All these itemization updates are so incredibly overhyped anyways. It's the type of stuff that will only affect MC and Ony progress guilds (since almost all of the items in question are endgame dungeon and MC/Ony items). And it's not going to completely trivialize any content (even if we're about to assume that classic will be as "easy" as it is on private servers)

It won't affect PVP or any other 40-man raid and it especially won't affect all these people that won't be part of the top guilds, aka almost everyone (heck most players will never raid)

This is how I figured it would be and I prefer it this way. I don't want to keep a currently shitty piece of gear because 2 patches later it will be good.

Does this post indicate that ST class quests will not be in at start?

Who cares? i just wanna have fun so this doesn't bother me at all

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    There is not "progressive vs non progressive itemization server", all of it will be 1.12 itemization. Only place this leads into issues is 1.12 itemzation on pvp gear pre AQ.
    That was going to happen anyway.

People should realize that they won't relive their salad days in Classic WoW. They'll simply replay the game they once knew and played. That's all. Certainly re-discovering the knowns will be a huge part of the appeal, but you/most people did it already.

Makes sense overall. Though I do think it was funny to see Spirit on warrior gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    That was going to happen anyway.

People should realize that they won't relive their salad days in Classic WoW. They'll simply replay the game they once knew and played. That's all. Certainly re-discovering the knowns will be a huge part of the appeal, but you/most people did it already.
    Yea, only one I know of who will find any wonder in it is my Wife since she didn't play vanilla, she started in TBC and that was almost a different game at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this is stupid. I’m sorry but it is. I’d rather have sharding over this rofl.

This is going to make it so the PvP gear is better than MC and BWL gear. And I don’t mean the PvP epics. I mean the PvP blues. It was on par with AQ gear. I have been happy with everything regarding classic except this. This is ridiculous as we played the majority of the expansion without that overpowered gear.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Exactly, everything's known and there's no sense of discovery. The people you meet will be there for different reasons. That's just a small percentage of why it won't be the same. I'm not complaining and what they're doing makes sense, but I'm going to be that guy- It's not going to be a Classic experience.
    I don't think the people that are looking forward to Classic are truly expecting a recreation of their experience 15 years ago.

With that said, as somebody who played extensively on Light's Hope from day one through to the end of Naxx, I'm looking forward to the community experience and feeling like I'm playing an actual MMORPG which simply isn't something available (nor has it been for a long time) with current WoW.

Even on a private server, the experience was night and day.
    Last edited by ashas; 2019-04-26 at 06:30 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even really disagree with this approach but with every single update they give us I get less excited about Classic. I spent years arguing that it would happen someday and when they finally announced it I was stupidly excited for it. Now I don't even know if I'll try it. If it was JUST this I wouldn't have too much of an issue with it, but literally everything great about playing a warrior or rogue was patched out by 1.12.

1.12 warrior PvP wasn't nearly as fun as warrior PvP prior to that, but it was worse for literally everyone fighting against the warrior. Incoming chain mace stuns. People who didn't play a warrior in vanilla will never know the joy of rage generation before Blizzard screwed with it. Rogues will never know the barman shanker grind and that satisfying feeling of one-shotting a cloth wearer after. The things that I actually enjoyed about Vanilla (Earlier unadulterated PvE/PvP and un-messed with classes) are gone forever.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    This is why I think a lot of people are ultimately going to be disappointed by Classic. That feeling of unknown can't ever be recreated, and it is going to change much of the experience that people remember.
    I understand that you probably think that but you have to realize that people have played already on private servers and they still love it.

I'm sure some people will fall into this category, but it's just a fact that the game remains fun even without the nostalgia and there will be people who prefer it over current WoW and there's nothing wrong with that.

I'm happy if you like classic and I'm happy if you like current wow. It makes to difference to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Well this is stupid. I’m sorry but it is. I’d rather have sharding over this rofl.

This is going to make it so the PvP gear is better than MC and BWL gear. And I don’t mean the PvP epics. I mean the PvP blues. It was on par with AQ gear. I have been happy with everything regarding classic except this. This is ridiculous as we played the majority of the expansion without that overpowered gear.
    So, you want to get a Helm of Wrath early on just because "four patches from now this helm is gonna be great, I'll just keep it until then"
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    A solid progression plan, without the insanity of trying to recreate every little patch change from Classic.
    I'm sad though. Eventually there will be a "WoW-TBC" game, and I intend to play that one. That means the DST will probably have a PPM applied already and not allow for exponential scaling.

I never got it to drop when it did allow for exponential scaling back in the day. I wanted the chance to oneshot people as an enh shaman as WF procs WF procs WF and DST procs DST procs DST.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Looks good to me. Roll on Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    The most important thing is that Judgement set will look like the badass Judgement set from 1.12