Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie AVENGERS: ENDGAME™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Aflakk47 View Post
    Wonderful ending to 'Infinity Stones' story, wrapped it up nicely to me. Looking forward to what some of the future Marvel movies start to tell.

Only one face I couldn't place though if someone could enlighten me. At the funeral at the end, who was the lone guy towards the back after Bucky/Sam/Wanda?
    I think this answers it..

If you're talking about the young kid/man--that was the kid from Iron Man 3 that helped Tony (and Tony helped him). Same actor too--all grown up..

Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    I think this answers it..

If you're talking about the young kid/man--that was the kid from Iron Man 3 that helped Tony (and Tony helped him). Same actor too--all grown up..
    Thanks, that'd probably be why I never recognized him, grew up a lot over the past 7 years or so

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    thank you for the master class in how to have a shitty opinion.
    This whole forum appreciates your opinion of his opinion. Just as much as we appreciate his opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know what you are watching, but it isn't fucking reality.
    Hes talking about me saying Joe Biden has dementia. LOL

who else enjoyed the portals moment of people showing up more than the actual battle?

There were nice parts of the battle, like Cap and Thano's darth maul lightsaber but eh, large CGI battles are kind of bleh, especially when they do those awkward shots where everyone is in one frame to make the "comic book" shot

Quote Originally Posted by Aflakk47 View Post
    Wonderful ending to 'Infinity Stones' story, wrapped it up nicely to me. Looking forward to what some of the future Marvel movies start to tell.

Only one face I couldn't place though if someone could enlighten me. At the funeral at the end, who was the lone guy towards the back after Bucky/Sam/Wanda?
    The kid from Iron Man 3
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    The men have dominated because the original Avengers line up was predominately male. With more women being added they are being represented more. The all women line up was entirely unnecessary.
    Basically this. Contrary to what you read in the media, Comic fans tend to be more progressive and Marvel has many hugely popular female characters. (Even X-Men, its top selling book for ages, was lead by an African woman for a lot of the 80s with no complaints).

The problem is that the majority of their best female characters were stuck with other studios.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Basically this. Contrary to what you read in the media, Comic fans tend to be more progressive and Marvel has many hugely popular female characters. (Even X-Men, its top selling book for ages, was lead by an African woman for a lot of the 80s with no complaints).

The problem is that the majority of their best female characters were stuck with other studios.
    I think I've said it in this thread or the marvel one but I remember when they announced Captain Marvel and I was dumbfounded as to why they would pick such an unlikeable character to be their flagship female character. My friend correctly pointed out who else was there? All the best female characters are X-men, or have male counterparts (I'm not counting Mar-vel here because really who gives a shit about him).

Questionnaire will you show this movie to your unborn future children/grandchildren?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Questionnaire will you show this movie to your unborn future children/grandchildren?
    Not unless they watch all the preceding movies, they need to earn it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    A lot of artists have improperly interpreted this..
    And when I was 13, I sure was glad they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgarrin View Post
    I think Endgame was overall well-executed except for the girl-power scene and the problems of Captain Marvel. I’m pretty sure it is my last Marvel movie. It’s obvious they don’t want my dollars anymore and would rather have other dollars, which is fine by me.
    Seeing a bunch of badass women on the screen at once kicking ass was a low point of the movie? Uh, okay?

The all female scene was a little eye rolling but didnt ruin the movie like some people seem to think
    Last edited by babalou1; 2019-04-26 at 07:47 PM.

My thoughts after having just watched this movie:

I don't think it lived up to the hype of Infinity War, which is by far the better movie. What I liked about Infinity War is all the new locations where they barely visited any place on Earth at all, while in Endgame they were just mostly visiting old places and revisiting old scenes. Infinity War had a lot more action going for it while Endgame almost had nothing up till the ending (which was a pretty great fight though, but still lacking overall). I liked all the Avenger characters more in Infinity War as there was A LOT more chemistry going, while Endgame only used a smaller portion of Avengers who didn't have as much interesting interactions. And most of all I liked how they utilised Thanos a lot more in Infinity War, and that he actually got to succeed which seems to be a rare thing for Marvel villains.

I do give credit to a lot of the jokes which hit pretty well. I'd say this has been a better comedy movie than it has been for its action, which was just lacking imo. And a lot of the scenes, especially during the first act dragged on for to long and it felt like they could've easily stripped this movie down for at least half an hour. I also wasn't much of a fan of all the time traveling, just not my thing. And to finish it off.... not a fan of this Captain Marvel at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    Eh, that's a tough one man--very subjective. Thanos will be tough to top in terms of the personality, story and popularity though. Plenty of villains more powerful: Galactus, The Celestials, The big 4 cosmic entities (Death/Eternity/Infinity/Oblivion--Death being the most interesting), Kang, Phoenix Force, etc. They all have the power, but not necessarily the character arc/story to carry a 5-10 year saga.

The tougher part is that we (or I, rather) simply have no idea what direction they're going with villains after this, so it's a complete guess as to who to read up on. Kang and Galactus could easily be stretched over a 10 year movie arc. Death could have been, but requires Thanos to be truly interesting. Dr. Doom exceeds Thanos in popularity, character and story (you could create 20 years of movies with him), but he's more Loki (very powerful, but doesn't have the power of any of the above).

Just my opinions. I'm sure someone else here has a larger scope of knowledge than I do and could suggest something.
    Since we have the Skrulls, we could build up to Secret War.

But honestly, I want a Silver Surfer and Galactus buddy cop movie . Now that Ive seen Thanos wield the infinity gauntlet, my last comic book movie wish is Galactus. I just want to see what he would look like in motion. Picking up a planet and eating it like an apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    What was wrong about that? Little Peter Parker just standing there around all those hot ass ladies with the look of "best day ever" on his face. And Capt Marvel looked extremely hot with short hair.

I like how the MCU can make them look hot without cutting a hole in their shirt exposing their tits and cleavage. Dont get me wrong, I love tits, like I love gold, but I think it adds more to the serious tone of the movie if they aren't doing battle with tits, ass, and vag exposed to the elements. Can you imagine if scarlet witch had her comic-book costume? They would have to make it rated R.
    I think it’s absolutely awesome that Marvel is becoming the front runner of showing badass women who are badasses in their own right and not just existing for the sake of being the token female or tightening the pants of teenaged boys. We sure have come a long way from the age of Red Sonja and Conan comics.

It was a breath of fresh air for sure, considering the most sexploitative example of male gaze in Hollywood history is currently in its final season on HBO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I think I've said it in this thread or the marvel one but I remember when they announced Captain Marvel and I was dumbfounded as to why they would pick such an unlikeable character to be their flagship female character. My friend correctly pointed out who else was there? All the best female characters are X-men, or have male counterparts (I'm not counting Mar-vel here because really who gives a shit about him).
    Yeah Carol Danvers has been around for 40 years, had dozens of "reinventions" and still never really gelled with a lot of readers. The most popular thing she ever did was get absorbed by Rogue so we could have more of Rogue in the X-Men.

She's WAY too OP too. I actually enjoyed Captain Marvel and thought Larson was good but by the end she's just far too powerful to stay interesting. This is painfully evident in Endgame when she's conveniently benched for the whole story off on space-chores, conveniently until they need a powerhouse at the end..

I actually think She-Hulk, with the right writer and team could be a fantastic film. I think, with a narrowing amd more conservative idea of "feminism" being accepted these days in the media, I think the character, how she gels with these ideas and how she breaks them, could be very deep and interesting film.

Even feminists dismiss her as some "male fantasy" just based on her appearance alone, which is a big double standard in itself. Is the fact she chooses to look that way empowering or bodyshaming or what?
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2019-04-26 at 08:13 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    If that was the case then old cap would not have shown up at the end.
    The whole movie is based on Caps POV, then it wouldn't invalidate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Ah right! Forgive me, I have failed my own fandom with my arrogance.
    S'all good. I have a knack for pulling excuses for movie explanations out of the air. Sometimes they actually fit with what's in the movie/comic sources and sometimes it's logical but I'm totally making it up

However, your note about Strange made me think of looking at it from "a different point of view" so to speak. Ancient One says his arrogance will bring about another Kaecillus, right?

......didn't it? He disobeyed the laws and risked creation to use the Eye leading up to his confrontation with Dormammu. In doing so, he set Mordo down a path. Strange's "arrogance" of defying the rules brings about another villain sorcerer.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    It appears to have been written and directed by Rian Johnson.
    thought that too, but then i watched the movie.

And it was so much better.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Cap being worthy was the best thing ever. Captain American is by far the best character in the MCU.