Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The likelyhood of alien civilisations existing is very high, its possible they have been on earth but it will be a long time before that would be general knowledge, even a highly advanced civilisation wouldnt be able to pick up on any of out signals unless they were very close as it would take millions of years to reach any systems that could support life, maybe on the off chance a ship flying by our solar system.

If aliens have visited then they probbaly wont come back for a long time until the planet sorts itself out, i think we would be screwed if any bad aliens visited earth unless we are so far on the fringes it may not be worth it to even travel.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

If they are shadowing human military forces its likely humans. Best way to test advanced military equipment would be to shadow and simulate attacking current technology. If you are dropping in on them and watching them completely unopposed it means you likely came up with the next big thing.

I doubt what we have would matter much to aliens anyways. They would be 100s if not 1000s (or even millions) of years ahead of us just because they got here from there depending on how far from and fast they got here. Probably could listen in, observe us, and just as easily destroy us from the moon if not further as well.

Y'all are afraid of more weather balloons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, fatigue and over active imaginations by a generation now serving probably unaware of the mountain a weird shit has happened in the past. Meaning it isn't anything or at least the same phenomenon as explained by the fatigue and over active imaginations, everyone gets from time to time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Mmm...no. There are still secret stuff which is kept from the public. I know specifically about the stealth aircraft because I was involved in it. And even within our own work force, the degrees of secret knowledge given varied. We would be amazed at what the military is working on if it all became public.
    Meh, I am betting this has a lot to do with it too, triangle, craft moves unlike any other aircraft yaddah yaddah, sounds a lot like the B2 Project.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I think it's silly to believe that there isn't other life out there besides the life on Earth. Extraterrestrial life, for me, is more believable than there being a God.

Does this extraterrestrial life have the ability to travel the stars? Of course it does, we as Humans been to the moon and are working on sending someone to Mars. So imagine extraterrestrial life 100, 300, 900, 1000 years ahead of us in technology. It's very plausible that they're able to visit other planets with ease.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Nah, fatigue and over active imaginations by a generation now serving probably unaware of the mountain a weird shit has happened in the past. Meaning it isn't anything or at least the same phenomenon as explained by the fatigue and over active imaginations, everyone gets from time to time.

- - - Updated - - -

Meh, I am betting this has a lot to do with it too, triangle, craft moves unlike any other aircraft yaddah yaddah, sounds a lot like the B2 Project.
    While this is true in a lot of cases, maybe in most, some are things or events the people are actually seeing something which is real. And your last response to one of my posts say you agree.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    While this is true in a lot of cases, maybe in most, some are things or events the people are actually seeing something which is real. And your last response to one of my posts say you agree.
    Hahaha yeah UFO is kind of a catch all, UnIdentified to Some but obviously not all as to the example I gave so yeah. I am gonna chalk this up to vague reports, foggy video and creepy music time for YouTube.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmm...no. There are still secret stuff which is kept from the public. I know specifically about the stealth aircraft because I was involved in it. And even within our own work force, the degrees of secret knowledge given varied. We would be amazed at what the military is working on if it all became public.
    *thumbs up*

Sure guy. I'll be happy to apologize when I see it. But right now nobody has ever seen, heard, or mentioned anything of this capability. Even our current stealth aircraft is pretty mundane stuff. What you're implying, since you obviously 'cant talk about it', falls into the category of Area 51 totally has magic ships are invisible, Roswell is hiding alien aircraft, etc etc. I'll believe it when I see it, and people have been talking about stuff like that for a century, with not a whit to show for it.

Unless it's some movie level secret division of government that goes above our own government... yeah, sure.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    *thumbs up*

Sure guy. I'll be happy to apologize when I see it. But right now nobody has ever seen, heard, or mentioned anything of this capability. Even our current stealth aircraft is pretty mundane stuff. What you're implying, since you obviously 'cant talk about it', falls into the category of Area 51 totally has magic ships are invisible, Roswell is hiding alien aircraft, etc etc. I'll believe it when I see it, and people have been talking about stuff like that for a century, with not a whit to show for it.

Unless it's some movie level secret division of government that goes above our own government... yeah, sure.
    Then continue to believe what you wish. It can be better that way sometimes.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    And see, here we are. Someone claiming a thing that nobody else in the world can prove. What's more likely? Bad interpretation/understanding... OR ALIENS.

Probably just a story.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I don't believe there are aliens out there.

Having said that, IMHO the biggest and best argument for the existence of aliens is that they have not contacted us.
    it just means they are smart have you seen what we have done to earth?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    And see, here we are. Someone claiming a thing that nobody else in the world can prove. What's more likely? Bad interpretation/understanding... OR ALIENS.

Probably just a story.
    I do not believe it was aliens from another world. It is a story of a UFO event. People are free to speculate however.

Alien Commander: "The time has come to reveal ourselves to the people of Earth so they may know they are not alone in the universe."
    Alien Lieutenant: "I will hail the leaders of their many respective nations-"
    Commander: "No, for their leaders will surely hide this knowledge from the world. We must go to the general public."
    Lieutenant: "Sensors show a large gathering of humans, tens of thousands, at an open field. Some sort of sporting contest, I think. There are many image-recording devices of significant quality there, some of which are broadcasting live to the masses at home."
    Commander: "No, that won't do at all... Let me search... Ah! Here!"
    Lieutenant: "Uh, Sir, this is one lone individual, in the middle of nowhere... Scans show he is heavily intoxicated and only has a very primitive, extremely low-quality image-recording device."
    Commander: "He is clearly the perfect man to convey our existence to the world! Drop the cloak so that he might revel in the knowledge that yes, life exists outside of this primitive mudball!"
    Lieutenant: "If you say so, Sir..."
    Commander: "And beam down one of those hairy creatures we keep caged in the cargo hold, too: you know, the ones with the big feet. Let him stretch his legs for a bit before we put him back in his cage!"
    Lieutenant: "Are...are you trolling the humans, Sir?"
    Last edited by Osoroshii; 2019-04-26 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper673 View Post
    It's interesting that they appear to be shadowing military operations. Makes sense for a near-peer adversary, but if we're discussing the ET side of it, that's something worth speculating on.
    I think that’s the larger point, there is no near-peer to the United States military.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper673 View Post
    The video proves that something was there. Doesn't prove enemy contact, doesn't prove aliens. Just that there was something there, and the US Navy has admitted that they don't know what it was.

- - - Updated - - -

The most likely answer to that for me is reconnaissance. Primitive to them, but currently the US rules the roost from a military standpoint. If they were trying to determine if we are a threat or just generally what our capabilities are, the US Navy is a pretty good example.
    But not only would the US be as threatening as a wet fart to them, there would be 0 chance of us detecting them spying on us, and certainly not with freaking primitive infrared cams... The galaxy is mindblowingly vast, and the technology required to come spy on us from a distant star is way way way way beyond what would be required to be completly invisible from us.

There are tons of possible explications with such a shitty image, forgery is one (most likely), malfunction is another, or tbh it could be as simple as a hot air baloon like a weather baloon.

But geeks who grew up on sci fi shows will see aliens everywhere they can.

- - - Updated - - -

You are hilarious

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osoroshii View Post
    Alien Commander: "The time has come to reveal ourselves to the people of Earth so they may know they are not alone in the universe."
    Alien Lieutenant: "I will hail the leaders of their many respective nations-"
    Commander: "No, for their leaders will surely hide this knowledge from the world. We must go to the general public."
    Lieutenant: "Sensors show a large gathering of humans, tens of thousands, at an open field. Some sort of sporting contest, I think. There are many image-recording devices of significant quality there, some of which are broadcasting live to the masses at home."
    Commander: "No, that won't do at all... Let me search... Ah! Here!"
    Lieutenant: "Uh, Sir, this is one lone individual, in the middle of nowhere... Scans show he is heavily intoxicated and only has a very primitive, extremely low-quality image-recording device."
    Commander: "He is clearly the perfect man to convey our existence to the world! Drop the cloak so that he might revel in the knowledge that yes, life exists outside of this primitive mudball!"
    Lieutenant: "If you say so, Sir..."
    Commander: "And beam down one of those hairy creatures we keep caged in the cargo hold, too: you know, the ones with the big feet. Let him stretch his legs for a bit before we put him back in his cage!"
    Lieutenant: "Are...are you trolling the humans, Sir?"
    Touché

10 char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gael1 View Post
    But not only would the US be as threatening as a wet fart to them, there would be 0 chance of us detecting them spying on us, and certainly not with freaking primitive infrared cams... The galaxy is mindblowingly vast, and the technology required to come spy on us from a distant star is way way way way beyond what would be required to be completly invisible from us.

There are tons of possible explications with such a shitty image, forgery is one (most likely), malfunction is another, or tbh it could be as simple as a hot air baloon like a weather baloon.

But geeks who grew up on sci fi shows will see aliens everywhere they can.

- - - Updated - - -

You are hilarious

- - - Updated - - -
    I agree with your point in principle. Photos or videos really do not prove much when they can be easily manipulated with today's software editing tools. And nature itself, can be puzzling for some. Orbs, static charges, swamp gas, etc.

I am glad I made you laugh. That is the main reason I come here, for the entertainment which can be had on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I don't believe there are aliens out there.

Having said that, IMHO the biggest and best argument for the existence of aliens is that they have not contacted us.
    Look up Dark Forest Theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Look up Dark Forest Theory.
    Interesting theory.

There are two things by which people have traditionally described an infinite quantity: Number of...
    - grains of sand, and/or
    - stars in the sky.

The thing about the Drake Theory is that you can easily add a zero here or a move a decimal place there. You will always get the number you want. It's about as accurate as the saying, "Eighty percent of statistics are made up!"

Not only the US have secret planes and secret technology, it's not a super far fetch to guess other countries might have super secret stuff of their own too.

I am very comfortable knowing that as long as the light speed barrier can't be broken as a matter of a law of physics, then anything smarter than us will take a really, really, really, long time getting here.