Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Itemization. LOL

Nobody, seriously nobody will care if you dont do some sick cutting edge wpvp. xD

Any pve content will be completly faceroll anyway. They should rather concentrate on server performance. If outdoor content is as laggy as bfa is, i wont level to 10.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    So we the best of the shitty itemization... well I guess that's something lol.

Can't wait for someone to freak out though and say it's not the real classic experience.
    It wont be "real classic" as we all got better pcs than we had 15 years ago (i hope) so not having 10-20fps during raids but 250fps will make raids go smoother, same with SSDs compared to old HDDs, and monitors.

There has to be compromises, it will never be 100% real classic.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Another sound decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasn View Post
    So, you want to get a Helm of Wrath early on just because "four patches from now this helm is gonna be great, I'll just keep it until then"
    lol
    No? More like this helm is great and it’ll be better in the future. Plus I don’t expect they have to go use pre 1.5 gear. Just don’t use the patch that revamped the PVP gear. It’s ridiculous. I’m fine with rank 14 weapons being BiS like they are until naxx. But rank 8-10 stuff shouldn’t be used over epics. That’s dumb.

We want pure Vanilla wow! It is a museum dedicated to the righteous few who cried for a decade about it!
    Blizz: we’re changing this, this, and oh yeah, this!
    Awesome! Great decisions! It’s not the pure museum experience we wanted for so long and hated on anyone who suggested otherwise about, but it’s great because it’s you guys!
    Random player: how about this?
    Fuck you random guy! You’re shit!
    Blizz: hey, we’re gonna do what random guy suggested, but we’re phrasing it a different way.
    Awesome! Blizz you rock and these decisions are amazing!

I'm glad the Classic team is doing what makes sense. It would be absurd to make stats on gear suck and pretend that they and we haven't experienced and learned the things we have. It's true that people trying Classic for the first time won't have that same experience of going into a much more roughly put together game. Some might almost even say randomly put together in some spots. But frankly that's good. There's no reason to want new people to have to slog through the rough parts like a forced museum ride just so some of us older folk can go "see there lil' Johnny? We used to have to beat things to death with nothing more than spirit and a club!" It's more than enough to simply say, "hey! None of your whinin'. This stuff used to actually have terrible stats. Now we're many times stronger." And if it's too easy for some, then they can relive the days of tanking bosses without pants so you can generate rage. Now THAT's a faithful recreation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Why don't you actually try to argue why it matters rather than just bitch that they aren't doing it. The raids are piss easy anyway early on so who gives a fuck
    Is there a single post of mine in this thread not arguing how progressive itemization is important? Raids being easy isn't an excuse for making them even easier.

Seriously man, do you need help removing that stick up your ass?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't you actually try to argue why it matters rather than just bitch that they aren't doing it. The raids are piss easy anyway early on so who gives a fuck
    Eh the raids are easy but not as easy as people think if judging pservers. Those were buggy and didn’t work right at all. I knew that though when I saw new guilds doing Vael in 1/4th the time geared guilds did and they did it without any FR on anyone at all. Sure enough it was due to many broken things like resists not working. Come live people will think they don’t need resist gear and they’ll think threat doesn’t matter then they’ll be in for a big surprise. Especially all those warriors and locks!

I remember we had friggin broodlord lashlayer wipes over unlucky warlock crits. One shadowbolt crit, broodlord goes nuts and it’s all over. Alliance were lucky having salvation!

Saying it's important isn't an argument for why it's important. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that.
    That might have something to do with your inability to read english, maybe it's something else. Don't know, tbh don't really care

Quote Originally Posted by beelgers View Post
    I suggest re-reading it. It isn't BC at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    So to summarize, you need to work on your reading comprehension.
    "So rather than try to recreate a specific experience from 2005 that can never fully be recaptured, our aim has been to accurately and fully restore the original game’s mechanics and stats to their final and most polished state from before The Burning Crusade. That mission has been a pillar of WoW Classic’s design from its inception.

This means that while content will be unlocked progressively to allow for each raid tier to shine, systems such as class design, battleground mechanics, and stats on existing items will all be set to their final 1.12 conditions. That should take the pressure off players to be constantly figuring out what we might do next to remain exactly in line with how the game once played out, and we can all focus a little more on community building and enjoying the experience together."

1.12 is pre-patch to 2.0 and when they made all the changes, hence why i said bc. This is why I never got my hopes or jump on the bandwagon for the whole classic thing.
    Last edited by dess; 2019-04-27 at 12:34 AM.

I don't really see it as that big of a issue... yeah earlier raids will be a slight easier but that is about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dess View Post
    1.12 is pre-patch to 2.0 and when they made all the changes, hence why i said bc. This is why I never got my hopes or jump on the bandwagon for the whole classic thing.
    That's like saying "7.3.5 is the prepatch to 8.0".

1.12 didn't have a lot of sweeping base class changes (they changed a lot with rogues) but the tbc systems and the HUGE tbc class changes didn't start until 2.0.1 and weren't fully implemented until 2.0.3 so your statement makes ZERO sense. 1.12 was still VERY much Vanilla wow.

So many people crying about how items will be useful in Classic rather than having warriors with Int gear. Not like it matters. Classic servers will have high population for like two maybe three months then become ghost towns as people realize how terrible vanilla was or go back to FREE private servers.

Perfect. Love these updates. Can't wait to play.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    How can someone even claim that 1.12 is TBC? It's not like you had rogues running around with fucking mutilate from the 2.0 version of the game.

This is such a long winded cry fest for people wanting to make the early version of the game more 'authentic'. Sorry, but Molten Core and Blackwing Lair are going to get face fucked no matter what version or itemization they decide to run with. The example they gave about how people didn't know how good aged core gauntlets was back in 2005 is so painfully true, knowledge alone is what will make early parts of this game so fucking trivial. You know why Molten Core was hard for my guild over a dozen years ago? Because we had retarded people in our guild that thought the shitty tier sets in Molten Core were good, and they couldn't figure out why the one warlock/mage did way more damage than their respective counterparts (wearing +shadow damage greens).

PvP gear being obtainable earlier really doesn't ruffle my feathers at all. If you want to lock yourself in your basement and do BGs/wPvP for 12 hours a day over a 3 month period to have a slight to moderate advantage in piss easy content, all the power to you. People are fucking acting like there will be swarms of people running around with R13/R14 gear. If any of you even bothered to play Vanilla when it was current, you would realize how far from the truth that was.

Rank 8 to 10 PvP gear shouldn't shit on raid gear tho, that's the only thing I hope they'll change progressively.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Yes, reading seems hard to you considering my point flew right past your head. Here, I'll make it real easy for you,

Pre raid bis from Classic will be better than hypothetical Molten Core gear from a progressive itemization hypothetical server
    There is no hypothetical. What you are talking about is nonsense. Sit back down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I know it's an unfair comparison, since the Live/BFA team is working forward while the Classic team is set out according to a pretty already-mapped-out plan, but it's such a gigantic difference in the level of passion that comes out of their communication. Live is run by suits, while Classic feels like it's run by gamers.

That is of course an overexaggeration and a simplification, but comparing to the dev posts we get from BFA, one of the biggest differences is that BFA is trying to be a smörgåsbord for every. single. type. of. player in the universe. It feels like they are afraid of making a single piece of the community annoyed, and thus BFA is this grey goo no one really enjoys a lot. Meanwhile Classic devs/posts doesn't apologize for what it's trying to be. I miss WoW being developed by passionate gamers (go look at early BlizzCon WoW design videos if you need any proof), and not PR managers that plays Excel sheets, trying to artificially calculate "fun" more than the game itself.

I would respect BFA more if Blizzard just flat out stated what they want modern WoW to be;
    "Look, we want this Theme Park action RPG style of WoW, the times of having to play for weeks in order to get geared enough to merely get into a raid is never coming back. We want players to see all content quickly and if they want a challenge they can go into high m+ or heroic raids", because at least then they've made their design paradigm clear. Instead, as mentioned, it's as if they are afraid to upset anyone at all.

This decision to not have items change between phases will upset some players, but they've made their points really, really clear why they choose to do this. And honestly I am not too convinced people would have much fun having items in their banks that are trash now due to early-classic itemization, but in an unknown amount of weeks or months will become BiS or a clear upgrade when the next phase rolls out.

Their reasonable goals are clear and they are working towards that goal. BFA is more like an amorphous goo that is being pulled in all directions at once.
    I suppose I can hope for Classic to be popular enough that Blizzard takes a step back and looks at why players in Classic are so much more willing to do very repetitive tasks for minor upgrades (hint: it's because they needed those upgrades in order to progress, it wasn't just a +2% overall dps in already cleared content, but maybe the difference of seeing the first boss of that content at all).
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2019-04-27 at 05:26 AM.

I'm pretty sure WoW Classic isn't about raiding and having that same feel we had in Vanilla when after XXX wipes we down that raid boss.
    NO. I'm pretty sure this is about that "alt" feeling when you know everything about the raiding content and just creat another toon/alt to have fun with.
    At least this is what I'm planning to do, change the factions, start with another main. If you try to recreate the same feeling you had in 2004-2006 by playing the exact faction and exact class, you will find yourself in disappointment isle.
    In fact, that is why we all played vanilla pservers anyway, just to "level an alt".

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Actually, pretty sure threat meters couldn't actually pull properly back then because Blizzard didn't add threat to the API until later.
    Threat Meters indeed were quite different then, but they existed eventually - especially towards the end of Vanilla. It was a lot more work manually tracking threat, but it did work, and there were at least two addons doing the work - KTM (KLHThreatMeter) and the original Omen.