Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie AVENGERS: ENDGAME™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    You could see in New York that they traveled back to the 1970s (cap and Tony), so you can travel without the machine.
    Mmmm, good point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Remember Matrix? People actually talked about that shit. There's NOTHING to talk about after these superheroes. After the cinema we're like, ok, cya tomorrow then..
    I just spent four days talking to like everyone I know about Endgame.

If you mean they're not provocative films about socio-political issues, well no, that's just not the kind of film that they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Tony stopping what he's doing to give hugs to Peter Parker made more sense to you? There were a lot of stupid interactions on the battlefield.
    Considering that was one of the big moments of infinity war and reasoning for Ironman to even come back to the avengers. Um yea?
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-04-27 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    I and Alot of people i know read the leaks to see if it's worth watching, same with games nowadays. I either spoil it to find out if its worth it or wait a few weeks after release to get the customer reviews (fuck the paid for reviews no one takes them seriously any way no one gives a fuck about the 5 stars anymore)

And that's mostly because the last decade or so has just been mostly disappointment and very lazy below averedge creativity, mostly and this is my theory, the best story tellers are retiring out. But at the same time I'm not dropping what is increasingly larger amounts of cash to watch or play what is increasingly poorer quality stuff.

The days of guarenteed quality ended a decade ago.
    A decade ago?

Dude, it ended some time in the late 90s. Insofar as it was ever really a thing.

Tony stopping what he's doing to give hugs to Peter Parker made more sense to you? There were a lot of stupid interactions on the battlefield.
    True, but he atleast didnt need to go out of his way. Peter came up to him and Tony hugged him because of the bond they had mourned over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Makes you wonder what happened to the other Steve, since at the point he went back, he was The Captain.

Did he just keep on being Captain America? Did he get frozen? Young Steve clearly should exist.

Did Old Steve kill him and take his place, then quit being Captain America?
    Obviously he dispatched a team to find his frozen body, then had amazing bisexual three-ways with Steve-B and Peggy.

You laugh, but this is genuinely the only answer that doesn't make Steve-A a huge piece of shit for leaving Steve-B frozen or taking Peggy for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    True, but he atleast didnt need to go out of his way. Peter came up to him and Tony hugged him because of the bond they had mourned over the years.
    Remind me again why Tony even rejoined the avengers in endgame?

hint* he finds a old photo and thinks about a young protege

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    That's literally what any superhero or action movie in general does all the time idk why when women do it suddenly people are offended (I say people but it's always the usual suspects)
    Posing for a line up vs embracing a loved one for a moment. Arn't the same.

Also as I said before, the group cod have been all men or a mix of both genders and the scene would have been just as cringy. Aflakk47 came up with a better way to do the girl power scene (calling it that be ause that's what it was in the context of the film) without it feeling cringe that I would have no problem. With at all. Please stop trying to make this about how much people hate women because that's not the issue. The issue is just the scene as a whole.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Obviously he dispatched a team to find his frozen body, then had amazing bisexual three-ways with Steve-B and Peggy.

You laugh, but this is genuinely the only answer that doesn't make Steve-A a huge piece of shit for leaving Steve-B frozen or taking Peggy for himself.
    Steve and to leave his past self froze. To ensure the future would happen. He then lived a happy quiet life with Peggy in secret. I don't see how that makes him an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Steve and to leave his past self froze. To ensure the future would happen. He then lived a happy quiet life with Peggy in secret.
    They are in a parallel universe, there is no problem if Steve alters the future (and in fact he is pretty much morally obligated to do so given that Hydra is still around in secret and he can prevent countless murders by working against them). There is clearly nothing in particular wrong with altering the history of alternate realities, given that Thanos-B and his entire army are eradicated and no attempt is made to restore the sanctity of the timeline they came from.

Steve's presence alone alters history, given that Peggy married someone else who was not a parallel universe duplicate of Steve Rogers in the A world.)

Loved it shame they put a leash on the hulk again and people saying it was to much talk not enough action if you put IW/Endgame next to one another it makes sense as they was going to be part 1 and 2 but they changed it for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

It sucks to see you characters to lose but I don't know how that ruins a story when it makes sense/adds to it.

Fat Thor ruined it? It make sense to me. Apart from Thor being comic relief, the thing that makes him a good character is that he is a god but extremely flawed. And why is he flawed? He is constantly doubting and hard himself because he is consumed with being something that he thinks he is 'supposed to be'. Throughout the saga his mental state wrecks him until we get the Thor we see in New Asgard. The words from his mom freed him from the jail he had placed himself in. Made so much sense.

Tony went from a selfish playboy to fighting for humanity but still making it about his own glory (IW beginning of Endgame). At the 5 year jump in movie his character was fulfilled. He was finally with the love of his life, had a kid, free of any real world obligations except for his family. He had no reason to fight anymore because he had everything he ever wanted in life...thats if his character hadn't emotionally evolved over the years. Iron Man 1 Tony would have 100% told Cap to fuck off. The present Tony knew he was just living the life he thought the old him would have wanted. Present couldn't give up on humanity. His death was him committing a selfless act for the sake of others, even if it meant leaving his family behind.

Gamora A is dead yo. The soul stone has consequences.

Also its sort of understood that this movie would close the book on a lot of characters. A good chunk of them will not be in the future timeline. The torch was passed on a lot of titles and positions. Old Cap, old Iron Man, Black Widow gone. Hulk probable. Thor turned in his keys too. Oh and Hawkeye. That's the top of the Avengers gone to make way for the secondary characters, Falcon, Spiderman, Bucky?. The kid from Iron Man 3 was at the funeral, will he be putting on a suit? Tony's daughter had thrusters on her hand. Wakanda will replace Stark Enterprise. Ant Man will probably transition to his daughter. The Old Guard is done. Hell, they even left an exit for the GotG but James Gunn is back on board!

People dying isn't the issue it's Cap and Tony should have been switched because Cap's ending was vastly out of character and it greatly detracted from the movie as a whole.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    His story has come to an end - this is the man who always put others before himself finally doing something for himself. Just like Tony had the opposite character arc. So yes, he just keeps out of all that stuff because he knows it turns out for the best in the end.

And he would simply avoid meeting people like Howard Stark.
    So Peggy just stopped being friends with all of her old contacts lol?

marvel have been doing this shit for 22? films. Thor gets his eye back one film later because Rocket keeps spares in his drawer. War machine can walk around fine with Tony tech.

Loki dies and comes back more than a horror villain.

Now Gamora is the latest in a long line of bullshit to not upset the money cart.

Only reason certain people died this film is because the actors are done with the mega contracts

Makes you wonder what happened to the other Steve, since at the point he went back, he was The Captain.

Did he just keep on being Captain America? Did he get frozen? Young Steve clearly should exist.

If my memories serves, shouldn’t Young Steve be in a coma in SHIELD custody at the time Steve went back (assuming to the 60’s version where they took the Tesseract), since they must’ve found him already just by the fact that they have the Tesseract that he crashed with?

If I'm right then he went back in the main timeline - ie he meets Peggy and gets that dance just after young Steve goes into the ice. Or maybe it's later than that. But he's around through all the events of the MCU, just not involved in them. Young Steve gets freed from the ice in Avengers, joins the team, and ultimately leaves to return the Infinity Stones at the end of Endgame. Then old Steve finally reveals himself.

- - - Updated - - -

The assumption is that they left that open-ended since the James Gunn debacle hadn't been settled yet. There was a real chance that GotG3 would never happen. Now, they have to do a whole "The Last Jedi" style "how do we fix this crap" thing for GotG3.
    I believe filming wrapped for Endgame before the James Gunn firing happened. They might've done reshoots later of course.

Yeah. You know who that "someone else" was that she married? It was our Steve! It's not a parallel universe because our Steve was ALWAYS there in secret throughout the 21 movies we watched.
    Can't be the same timeline's Steve given the rules of time travel they put forth.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people upset about the "girl power" lineup moment in here. It's kind of funny, after the movie I was talking about it with others and one of them points out "Oh that all-girl lineup scene is going to have the internet raging!"

I'm sitting there like "...What all-girl lineup scene?"

I had to have it explained to me because my brain literally didn't register that there was any kind of deliberate gendering of the heroes in the lineup. These dumb heroic lineup scenes are done in every superhero movie, usually multiple times in the big ones like this and I didn't even notice it was all the girls because how is it any different if it's boys or girls doing the campy pose? They're cliche campy movie-poster moments either way.

Sure enough I get home and people were already bitching about it. I just don't understand people scanning the movie so closely looking for ways to get triggered. Give the girls a moment to cheer how far things have come, that there's actually enough women to do a cool cringey lineup pose like every other movie. It's not like there isn't plenty of men in the movie and (shock!) most of them are the primary characters.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Leih View Post
    A lot of people upset about the "girl power" lineup moment in here. It's kind of funny, after the movie I was talking about it with others and one of them points out "Oh that all-girl lineup scene is going to have the internet raging!"

I'm sitting there like "...What all-girl lineup scene?"

I had to have it explained to me because my brain literally didn't register that there was any kind of deliberate gendering of the heroes in the lineup. These dumb heroic lineup scenes are done in every superhero movie, usually multiple times in the big ones like this and I didn't even notice it was all the girls because how is it any different if it's boys or girls doing the campy pose? They're cliche campy movie-poster moments either way.

Sure enough I get home and people were already bitching about it. I just don't understand people scanning the movie so closely looking for ways to get triggered. Give the girls a moment to cheer how far things have come, that there's actually enough women to do a cool cringey lineup pose like every other movie. It's not like there isn't plenty of men in the movie and (shock!) most of them are the primary characters.
    there was nothing subtle about it. Not our fault if you were not paying attention. No "scanning" was required to notice it LOL

Also theres no need to add politics to superhero movies, we get it enough from the media as is.

"escapism" look it up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    there was nothing subtle about it. Not our fault if you were not paying attention. No "scanning" was required to notice it LOL

Also theres no need to add politics to superhero movies, we get it enough from the media as is.

"escapism" look it up
    Nobody was like "Lets go girls. All the ladies together now!"

That would have been overt and cringey. Just because a bunch of heroes came on the screen for 5 seconds and they all happened to be women it's not suddenly politics.

You are prime example #1 of people getting triggered over nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Leih View Post
    Nobody was like "Lets go girls. All the ladies together now!"

That would have been overt and cringey. Just because a bunch of heroes came on the screen for 5 seconds and they all happened to be women it's not suddenly politics.

You are prime example #1 of people getting triggered over nothing
    Im not triggered, dont flatter yourself. I only care about story.

Ive never been a fan of the comic book pose even if they did add in a sacred all mighty male its totally stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Care to elaborate why it couldn't be?
    The fact that Thanos-B dies but nothing changes in the "present" means that they are not going to the "past" in any meaningful sense. They are creating tangent universes (or visiting existing tangent universes, it's unclear).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Im not triggered, dont flatter yourself. I only care about story.

Ive never been a fan of the comic book pose, its totally stupid.
    Then criticise the cringey comic book movie poster poses they do ALL THE TIME, rather than getting hung up over the fact that this one time there was one of those moments without a man there, lol.

My point was it was no more cringey or stupid than every other time the heroes stop mid battle in these films to do a cool pose they can use in posters, trailers and retrospectives in future. They did one for the ladies that might appeal to their female fans, big fucking whoop.