Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    you think algorithm is code for unbiased? The thing with code and algorithms is that you can basically make it do whatever you want it to. So it can be anything and nothing.
    Yes and what it is about is money. Nothing else. The notion that Marxists are somehow manipulating one of the largest corporations in the world is self-contradictory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Thats not neo nazi symbol but we have been over this already. Its used by few neo nazis tho.
    It is a well know tactic of neo-nazis to use stuff which looks like nazi symbolism and then pretend to get outraged when someone accuses them of being a nazi. Which I'm guessing is what you are trying to do.

People who aren't nazis don't generally use things which look like nazi symbols as an avatar.

I am kind of nostalgic for the days when neo-nazis were, if nothing else, not cowards, incapable of stating their beliefs openly for fear of criticism having to hide behind plausible deniability.

so, their algorithm does catch innocent muslims as well.

see, this is just a narrative being pushed to smear conservatives. the algorithms aren't capable of determining who is or isn't extreme if they have even remotely similar things in their posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    A Twitter employee who works on machine learning believes...
    I stopped there. Who cares what this random no-name dude believes? He may believe the earth is flat for all I care.
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    When the left sees boogeymen everywhere, it makes sense that a "white supremacist" algorithm would hit conservatives hard, mostly because many idiots on the left see anything conservative as White Supremacy regardless of how nearly zero mainstream conservative views even come close to actual White supremacy.
    Let's hear these mainstream conservative views...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    This is very well said. I'm even a registered republican (born and raised in KY baby!) and the current form of conservative politics makes me sick to my stomach. It's about hate and fear rather than tradition and respect like it used to be.
    I've been saying it on this forum for years; conservative politics, by it's very nature, is always circling towards extremism, authoritarianism, and mass human suffering. It's an ideology that uses unstoppable fear mongering to force fealty and loyalty.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, then probably leftists changed the definition of "duck".
    I love this.
    - Dare not to sleep -

If your algorithm can't differentiate between conservatives and white supremacists it isn't a very good algorithm. It sounds like they are extremely broad in what they think constitutes white supremacy. You could literally want a country with only white people and not be a white supremacist. If the goal is to just get rid of white supremacists you could easily target actual instances of users saying that whites are superior. Instead it seems the goal is to silence discourse that isn't white supremacist at all like posting pepe memes or wanting border control because these people are nuts.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heran View Post
    That's some mighty twisting you have done there.
    What did he twist? You even quoted it you just didn't bold that part.

Banning politicians wouldn’t be accepted by society as a trade-off for flagging all of the white supremacist propaganda
    IE. We can't ban white supremacy content cause we would be banning republicans.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Not wanting to be replaced by brown people is evil! Civil war soon, I hope.
    Working on my next ban.

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dippinsawse View Post
    If your algorithm can't differentiate between conservatives and white supremacists it isn't a very good algorithm. It sounds like they are extremely broad in what they think constitutes white supremacy. You could literally want a country with only white people and not be a white supremacist. If the goal is to just get rid of white supremacists you could easily target actual instances of users saying that whites are superior. Instead it seems the goal is to silence discourse that isn't white supremacist at all like posting pepe memes or wanting border control because these people are nuts.
    What? That is literally the definition of white supremacy.
    - Dare not to sleep -

If they can make an algorithm that understands context it'll be smarter than most of the people on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxit the Gnome View Post
    What? That is literally the definition of white supremacy.
    No it isn't. White supremacy is thinking that whites are racially superior. White nationalism is wanting a white super majority in your nation. Being a white supremacist might be the reason you are a white nationalist but most white nationalists aren't even white supremacists and it is not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Uh. I hope you're not talking about America
    Where else would I be talking about you brainlet?
    Working on my next ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I do think there is a white supremacy element to the majority of republicans, prolly around 80%, I don't think they should be banned. We have a ton of white supremacy in the US and its citizens reflect that. White supremacy pushes my personal agenda of black gun ownership, so I hope it flourishes.
    CPU :- AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    Ram :- 32GB GeIL super luce rgb 3000Mhz
    Mobo :- TUF 570x wifi
    GPU :- Strix 2080ti OC
    Cooling :- NZXT z73 Kraken 360

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turboether View Post
    If they can make an algorithm that understands context it'll be smarter than most of the people on twitter.
    Careful. Thats a bad word to conservative posters on these forums.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

The problem is that right wing views here in America have shifted to a far right stance on almost everything whether they themselves realize it or not.

Moderate Republicans like Mitt Romney, John Kasich, Jeff Flake, the Bushes and the late John McCain are good examples of what the party used to be about. As a moderate leaning left, I voted against Bush, McCain and Romney when they ran for president, but I wouldn't have been devastated or alarmed for the future of this country if they had won, unlike the 2016 election.

Today's mainstream conservatives(Donald Trump's base, which looks to be around 30-35%) have a lot more in common with Steve King(look him up if you don't know his views) type politicians than John McCain type politicians.

I've always been a fan of moderates. But we seem to be moving further and further away from that stance and it's truly frightening that so many people in this country are a fan of someone as unhinged and unstable as Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Oh a country which didnt forcibly replace an indigenous population is what I had hoped.
    Replaced? The indians fought several wars and lost. Maybe if they weren't immune to building a functional non-tribal society they would have faired better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    you lost the last one what makes you think you'd do better this time?
    Riddle me this ctd, what makes up 13% but also 50%?
    Working on my next ban.

Quote Originally Posted by trathworthas View Post

It is a well know tactic of neo-nazis to use stuff which looks like nazi symbolism and then pretend to get outraged when someone accuses them of being a nazi. Which I'm guessing is what you are trying to do.

People who aren't nazis don't generally use things which look like nazi symbols as an avatar.

I am kind of nostalgic for the days when neo-nazis were, if nothing else, not cowards, incapable of stating their beliefs openly for fear of criticism having to hide behind plausible deniability.
    You better not go to India friend. Swastikas and thus neo nazis everywhere ! Seriously dont go there it might trigger you.

btw who are you on main mr. burner account?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    so, their algorithm does catch innocent muslims as well.

see, this is just a narrative being pushed to smear conservatives. the algorithms aren't capable of determining who is or isn't extreme if they have even remotely similar things in their posts.
    Its a Mormo thread. The girl laughs at terrorism victims like 9/11, i don't know why anyone would think she bring anything serious to the table.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Just like Microsoft Bing sanitizing search results for Santorum.

To see the obvious bias from Microsoft, search "Santorum" in both google and bing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...oliticians-too

Of course, it's not that a lot of Republicans are white supremacists. It's just that if you set up an algorithm to find White Supremacists, it finds a lot of Republicans. Hmmm.