Poll: Whats being said

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wrynil View Post
    Except that its not as simple as that.. I get nigger pretty clearly on my computer and idiots pretty clearly from my phone..

From my computer it can not even be heard as anything close to idiots, though the nigger part is a little bit sought because of the accent I think. Theres a CLEAR n sound when I play it on my computer. Theres no n sound when played from my phone. The idiot around the 30 sec mark is clearly idiot in both cases, and he says he differently than the idiots from the 10 sec mark from my phone.

This is the Yanny Laurel thing all over again. And it got nothing to do with what you want to hear...

- - - Updated - - -

Fun fact, Denmark was the first to abolish slave TRADE. The people assumed that we had abolished slavery, and it wasn't known till 30-40 years later that we still had a bunch of slaves on the Virgin Islands.
    A lot of countries did that. For example, Portugal had abolished slavery in mainland Portugal as well as their territories in India in the early 1700s, but didn't abolish it in their other colonies until 1836, which is why I used the 1836 number.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by breslin View Post
    https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/24/18...gue-of-legends

A league streamer was recently banned from twitch for allegedly saying the n word on stream.

Embedded is the video in which the entire staff of twitch has reviewed and apparently is able to hear him saying the n word. Decide for yourself.

Edit.

Twitch banned him for 30 days, then reviewed the clip as a group and still apparently reached the conclusion that in fact the streamer was spewing racial slurs. They then reduced his ban to 7 days, for reasons not known to me.
    It looks like he attempted to fix his n*g- slip up by finishing up with -iots. You can even see his reaction while he said n*ggiots. I think he was going to say niggas which is used liberally in social media with a friendlier/kinder tone than the er variation which is used mostly by right leaning individuals to express hatred towards a group of people.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Thanks for the timestamp, didn't hear anything the first time around. It sounds like he says "niggits". Now, I think it's the accent (I don't know if it's an accent or just horrible speech), but it's definitely *NOT* literally niggers. It could certainly be nidiots like another poster said, but there is definitely an n sound in the beginning of the word, I heard niggits. Since it's not clearly understandable, and since it's used in a condescending manner, I can see SJWs/liberals/snowflakes/sympathizers instantly going to niggers though. :-/
    well yeah sure but it’s essentially the same no? he was using a slur that’s some form of the n word. like I said, I couldn’t care less for this guy, ban seems deserved.

what a level of hypocrisy in our world, u cant say nigger but u can say *n-word* lol.

everyone understands what behind phrase *n-word* there is a nigger

but we keep pretend we have high moral standarts )))

this gamer who said it should recieve death sentence!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    well yeah sure but it’s essentially the same no? he was using a slur that’s some form of the n word.
    Except for the fact that he wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaintothesky View Post
    what a level of hypocrisy in our world, u cant say nigger but u can say *n-word* lol.

everyone understands what behind phrase *n-word* there is a nigger

but we keep pretend we have high moral standarts )))

this gamer who said it should recieve death sentence!
    This is next level stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    It probably makes it easier when you're in permanent victim mode, eh? Also, "given how he says it"? He says it almost perfectly, but his inflection is off due to his accent. Nothing he said sounds remotely close to "niggers" or even "niggas". He says, "kill these idiots". His "these" is more like "theese" (geese) and he carries it into "idiots" but the "i" is soft. There is no "n" sound in what he says, at all, in spite of the fact that it's quite common for there to be a soft ny sound at the beginning of some words in that dialect. Not to mention that the word he says clearly has 3 syllables. So no, it's not "easy" to misconstrue it, you actually to want to hear it.
    You're trying too hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Whoever banned him made a mistake. Or is it impossible for people to make mistakes?
    Twitch has a bad habit of "making mistakes". A streamer I watched was banned for self-injury when someone punched them in the chest while walking around in some US city. Another streamer was banned for self-injury for... I don't know why, hiking? Another was banned for suggestive content fully clothed while there are women sitting with half their tits out.

Sounded pretty clearly like "idiots" to me.

totally said idiots lol, feels bad he got banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    How big of you to call people with less than perfect hearing idiots
    If you have hearing impairments then you should maybe not talk about what people are saying... You have trouble hearing what they're saying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Aren't you a ray of sunshine! You don't do anything but complain here. Off on ignore with you.
    Look people hear something different/have anothe ropinion then me, you can´t have that, Off to ignore you go so that i can keep living in my bubble...

Typicall maklor.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What? You can argue that because it offended some half-witted outrage cunts,
    No, I never said that. I said it's because it sounded like "n****r". Good attempt at strawmanning though. I also find it funny that other people classify as half-witted cunts when they are outrage, but clearly in your mind your own anti-sjw outrage never classifies as such.

Twitch is within their rights to pull the video, but you can't say that the fact that he didn't say what he's accused of saying is irrelevant. If his suspension is predicated on the fact that what he's accused of saying broke the ToS/U and he didn't actually say that, the suspension is inherently invalid.
    As you note: "Twitch is within their rights to pull the video". By the same token, Twitch is within their rights to suspend his account.

Keep in mind, this is not a case of the people complaining being right, but rather one of Twitch capitulating to them, which is different.
    I disagree. This is about Twitch taking steps to prevent future discord due to similar incidents.

As I already said, the moment a bunch of people heard him use the term "n****r" the damage was done. Sure, a bunch of people may later realise that it was just a mishear, but most probably won't. Furthermore, there's a precedent being set. Because on a platform like Twitch, there will be someone out there who will try to do the same thing on purpose - say something that sounds like some racial slur, but isn't quite, with the specific intent of causing outrage, and then plead innocence.

This is about damage control.

The lesson is simple: If you're a Twitch content provider, be careful about what you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Because on a platform like Twitch, there will be someone out there who will try to do the same thing on purpose - say something that sounds like some racial slur, but isn't quite, with the specific intent of causing outrage, and then plead innocence.
    Something sort of like this has already been going on for a while. Hearthstone and MtG:A streamer Amaz, due to his accent, pronounces "juice" like "Jews", and he doesn't like orange juice, so trolls would go into his channel and just be like "I can't believe you don't like orange juice" until they get him to say something like "sorry not sorry I don't like juice" then try to report him for anti-semitism.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hear an N pronounced in his sentence but I have a much bigger problem with all the other swearing in comparison. Not that I care for any of it at all. I'll watch/listen to what I like instead of police others or expect streams to cater to me.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I understand that someone from america would hear niggas, but if you take into account his accent it's pretty damn clear its idiots. Doesn't even make sense for us in Europe to say nigga, and I have never said that to anyone by the simple fact that it's not a hurtful enough word for us here.

And for people who say its their platform, their decision. No no no, that's so wrong on many levels. These companies SHOULD be under regulation and not do stupid shit like this. They should be fined for this kind of stupid decision.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Listened to it a few times, not once did I hear that word.
    The way our auditory processing centres work, you either heard it the first time, or you didn't. Listening to it again, your brain will accumulate more data, making it seem clearer the more you listen.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    "Holy shit kill these idiots"
    "Fuck this idiot"

Anyone that hears anything else is an idiot.
    The irony of your attitude amuses me.

Do you even understand how our ability to hear correctly even works? The only reason we're even able to understand most verbal communication is precisely because our auditory processing capabilities allow us to correct the imperfections in what is said. If a significant number of people "mishear" something, that is normally a sign of particularly poor elocution on the part of the speaker. The fault isn't with the listener, it's with the speaker.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, I never said that. I said it's because it sounded like "n****r". Good attempt at strawmanning though.
    I didn't say you did say that, I said you can make that argument. There's no strawman there. Read it again.

I also find it funny that other people classify as half-witted cunts when they are outrage, but clearly in your mind your own anti-sjw outrage never classifies as such.
    What "outrage"?. All I've done is point out that he didn't say what he's accused of saying. That isn't "outrage", it's an objective fact. Not sure where you're getting your "anti-sjw" tripe.

As you note: "Twitch is within their rights to pull the video". By the same token, Twitch is within their rights to suspend his account.
    Sure. They can do lots of things. What they can't do is claim that he said something he didn't say, especially when the video evidence proves otherwise. That just makes them look stupid.

I disagree. This is about Twitch taking steps to prevent future discord due to similar incidents.
    There's no context where punishing someone for something they didn't do because a few people "heard" something that wasn't said does anything but make Twitch look stupid. You can't "prevent discord" by being in the wrong.

As I already said, the moment a bunch of people heard him use the term "n****r" the damage was done. Sure, a bunch of people may later realise that it was just a mishear, but most probably won't. Furthermore, there's a precedent being set. Because on a platform like Twitch, there will be someone out there who will try to do the same thing on purpose - say something that sounds like some racial slur, but isn't quite, with the specific intent of causing outrage, and then plead innocence.
    This is a nonsensical non-argument.

The lesson is simple: If you're a Twitch content provider, be careful about what you say.
    The lesson is simple: If you don't want your account suspended because some people are stupid, don't use Twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Heran View Post
    If you have hearing impairments then you should maybe not talk about what people are saying... You have trouble hearing what they're saying.
    That's funny. I have a hard time believing anyone that's clearly hearing idiots at 0:10, but I wouldn't consider them idiots. I'm better than that.

I'm almost certain that what CrittenMittem described below is what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by CrittenMitten View Post
    It looks like he attempted to fix his n*g- slip up by finishing up with -iots. You can even see his reaction while he said n*ggiots. I think he was going to say niggas which is used liberally in social media with a friendlier/kinder tone than the er variation which is used mostly by right leaning individuals to express hatred towards a group of people.

Speakers, and external noise entirely affects it.

I first heard it on my phone and hear nidiots.

Played it on my mbp and heard niggas.
    Last edited by Themius; 2019-04-28 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Speakers, and external noise entirely affects it.

I first heard it on my phone and hear nidiots.

Played it on my mbp and heard niggas.
    I always hear Genji say something close to "always send nigga out"