Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    You're ignoring the main and important part, it's not the fucking color of the skin that makes their life good or bad.
    No it goes much deeper but its extremely taboo in our society to admit that humans separated by thousands of years as a whole have slight deviations and are not identical.

Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    No it goes much deeper but its extremely taboo in our society to admit that humans separated by thousands of years as a whole have slight deviations and are not identical.
    What nonsense. Americans love to ignore their own history. You would think a country with Jim Crow laws until the 1960's would understand the basic concept of how white supremacy can and does influence a society. The degree to which it does or doesn't exist is certainly up for debate but honestly you'd think reading some of the responses in this thread it's a complete fabrication.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Pro-tip: Start with being honest, instead of party before reality.
    You are trying to discuss with people that can only judge by emotions and who cheer someone who is extremely vulgar and a pathological liar. It's absolutely useless.

OP started this with "Twitter employee .... believes "

Lost all the credit after that.
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Care to link the politicians who were guilty of said fear mongering?
    Just look at the reactions of lefties when Trump won the election. They cried and were devastated because they thought that the Trump regime would put them into concentration camps. Trump even did a speach shortly after the election and welcomed all the transwhatever people. But conveniently the left media just ignored that one.

It doesnt matter who said it and who you can quote on that. Fact is, the left thinks all these stupid things about Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Just look at the reactions of lefties when Trump won the election. They cried and were devastated because they thought that the Trump regime would put them into concentration camps. Trump even did a speach shortly after the election and welcomed all the transwhatever people. But conveniently the left media just ignored that one.

It doesnt matter who said it and who you can quote on that. Fact is, the left thinks all these stupid things about Trump.
    You mean the same Republitard Birthers that claimed Obama wasn't born in Hawaii?
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Words are wind. He can "give speeches welcoming transpeople" all he wants, the policy is what matters, and right now the right wing is pushing legislation all across the country that legalizes bigotry against the LGBTQ community under the guise of religious freedom.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Having internet.

Parents having more time to give their children support after school because they don't have to work 3 jobs.
    I'd also add things like a better environment - things like leaded gas reduced IQ by several points and predicted criminal behavior, or endocrine disruptors which may be causing the decrease in testosterone, but others might plausibly disrupt hormones that lead to violent behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    This is very well said.
    No, it really isn't. Neither of you have provided a valid counter argument other than "pfft, nu-uh!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Is it welcoming to ban them from the military? Regardless of whether it's good policy or not, this does not scream "welcoming" to me, as you describe.

10+ Year Old Account
    The flame bait is heavy with this one.

Being more financially stable gives you advantages in life. A higher proportion of white people are financially stabled compared to black people. Therefore, a higher proportion of white people have certain advantages in life.
    Are Asian privilege and Jewish privilege valid concepts in your view?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Is it welcoming to ban them from the military? Regardless of whether it's good policy or not, this does not scream "welcoming" to me, as you describe.
    It is pretty reasonable to ban trans people from the military. They have a suicide rate of 40% and that makes them per definition mentally sick. You dont want mentally sick people handling heavy arms and shit.

Also that is pretty much the only thing. They dont have to pay extra taxes, they dont get deported, they dont have to sit in the back of the bus. Its noting compared to what lefties thought would happen.

No. It's not. They literally do not have access to all the same benefits in most cases as their counterparts. That is a blatant lack of opportunity. We're only talking about within the US so I don't know why you keep comparing it to other places.
    Like what, exactly? What law or barrier is there that prevents people X from succeeding while not impeding or favouring Y?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Words are wind. He can "give speeches welcoming transpeople" all he wants, the policy is what matters, and right now the right wing is pushing legislation all across the country that legalizes bigotry against the LGBTQ community under the guise of religious freedom.
    And right now the left wing is pushing legislation all across the country that legalizes bigotry against religious beliefs under the guise of respecting the LGBTQ community.

Look mommy, I can do it too!
    Last edited by Malaky; 2019-04-28 at 12:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

It is pretty reasonable to ban trans people from the military. They have a suicide rate of 40% and that makes them per definition mentally sick. You dont want mentally sick people handling heavy arms and shit.
    As I said: regardless of the merits of the policy, how do you argue that the military ban and the possible removals of healthcare protections is outweighed by Trump cluelessly waving around a flag (in terms of "welcoming" trans people)?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    Like what, exactly? What law or barrier is there that prevents people X from succeeding while not impeding or favouring Y?
    Why does there need to be a law when some basic stats show average rates are different for different groups of people?
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2019-04-28 at 12:24 AM.

As I said: regardless of the merits of the policy
    Except you can't do this.
    You can't say "regardless of what makes the policy good" thus ignoring the whole point of the policy.

- - - Updated - - -

Why does there need to be a law when some basic stats show average rates are different for different groups of people?
    Because that doesn't proves anything as those different rates could very well be the product of different choices.

Are you against free will and free choices?
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

Except you can't do this.
    You can't say "regardless of what makes the policy good" thus ignoring the whole point of the argument.
    The whole point was that Trump was somehow welcoming to trans people. This has yet to be proven, and the evidence I've pointed to contradicts this notion.

- - - Updated - - -

And right now the left wing is pushing legislation all across the country that legalizes bigotry against religious beliefs under the guise of respecting the LGBTQ community.

Look mommy, I can do it too!
    Except I can actually back up my statement with facts. You can't.

Texas SB-17: Makes it legal for any licensed professional to refuse service to LGBTQ people on the grounds of "sincerely held religious beliefs".

Tennessee HB 836: Makes it legal for adoption agencies to deny LGBTQ potential parents the right to adopt children due to "sincerely held religious beliefs".

Mississippi HB 1523: Literally a direct violation of Obergefell v. Hodges, the supreme court case that legalized same sex marriage nationally, and the reason it will be struck down in court.

BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MISSISSIPPI:

SECTION 1. This act shall be known and may be cited as the "Protecting Freedom of Conscience from Government Discrimination Act."

SECTION 2. The sincerely held religious beliefs or moral convictions protected by this act are the belief or conviction that:

(a) Marriage is or should be recognized as the union of one man and one woman;

(b) Sexual relations are properly reserved to such a marriage; and

(c) Male (man) or female (woman) refer to an individual's immutable biological sex as objectively determined by anatomy and genetics at time of birth.
    Weird that all these bills include the phrase "sincerely held religious beliefs". Almost like they were all written by the same people despite being in three different states. Oh right, because they were.
    Last edited by Priestiality; 2019-04-28 at 12:33 AM.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Because that doesn't proves anything, as those different rates could very well be the products of different choices.

Are you against free will and free choices?
    It proves literally the point the person was making - that average less wealth will translate to average less opportunity.