Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Silas' Sphere of Transmutation. What happened to those cauldrons in the world?

I haven't seen one in days. Tuesday and Wednesday I could find them easily. Now, I've tried every location posted on wowhead and the locations I found myself,m and now it seems like they've just stopped existing. I tried looking at patchnotes, but I don't see any changes about them. If they got nerfed, I get it, but it would have been nice if they had at least posted some info about it.

They were bugged at first, it was possible to somehow make them spawn insanely fast, people were exploiting them like mad (as usual). Yesterday a hotfix went live, that made them work the way they were supposed to work. In other words, no one really knows how. Though from what I noticed respawn seems to be about 5-6 minutes currently. Not sure if it's still possible for multiple people to use it, haven't really met anyone after the hotfix.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

I know initially the spawn time was about 5-6 minutes, at least while I was collecting them. I'm guessing now they made it so only a couple exist in the world at a time. If so, it's unfortunate, but I can't saw I'm surprised. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjavitis View Post
    I know initially the spawn time was about 5-6 minutes, at least while I was collecting them. I'm guessing now they made it so only a couple exist in the world at a time. If so, it's unfortunate, but I can't saw I'm surprised. Thanks for the info.
    Yeah they have become much rarer. I was the only person on my server farming them the first day, they were always up, wherever you went. Now it seems that there's only a couple up in each zone at a time. Although hard to confirm this without multiple players testing

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Yeah they have become much rarer. I was the only person on my server farming them the first day, they were always up, wherever you went. Now it seems that there's only a couple up in each zone at a time. Although hard to confirm this without multiple players testing
    And the spawn times or spawn mechanics have definitely changed as well. I sat and waited at a location where they spawned before, and one never appeared. I waited a good 20 or 30 minutes and nothing. So either they upped the timer by an incredible amount or only a couple are up at a time across the world, and others don't spawn unless the current ones are used.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjavitis View Post
    And the spawn times or spawn mechanics have definitely changed as well. I sat and waited at a location where they spawned before, and one never appeared. I waited a good 20 or 30 minutes and nothing. So either they upped the timer by an incredible amount or only a couple are up at a time across the world, and others don't spawn unless the current ones are used.
    Yeah i think it is the 2nd thing. That is how herb/mine nodes work. If you camp a spawn point you're going to be waiting a long time. You have to go around checking them all.

They should be left up 100% of the time, controlled by a hidden quest so you can only see X per week. Making them actual rare spawns is just annoying.

There are some bugs with the alchemy tool, or tooltip errors maybe. When I have the health potion version, I find cauldrons everywhere. If I have the crafting proc rate increase version, I never find cauldrons despite the tooltip indicating I would. Otherwise, I haven't noticed much of a difference in their spawn rate. Keep in mind, making the tool the first day is something the majority of the WoW population probably wouldn't do, so there's probably more people with the tool and looting cauldrons now.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Keep in mind, making the tool the first day is something the majority of the WoW population probably wouldn't do, so there's probably more people with the tool and looting cauldrons now.
    I camped a spawn for over an hour and it never respawned. It's not that more people are looting them (although there are), it's that they've changed the way that they spawn.

Yeah seems they have become much rarer

I just barely got mine made, do these cauldrons show up on the mini map?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistaziggla View Post
    No, I don't think so
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    No, I don't think so
    They do now.
    As a blueish gray node.

Ran into a few while farming herbs two days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    They do now.
    As a blueish gray node.

Ran into a few while farming herbs two days ago.
    yeah, i saw it yesterday too
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

? I've still never even found one and I had the thing day 1. Big oof to me.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never seen one..

But there is always one JC shrine up in every zone I visit..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Mistaziggla View Post
    Yes, they do. They show up like pet dots, at least for me using mostly default UI.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    ? I've still never even found one and I had the thing day 1. Big oof to me.
    I get about 5-6, sometimes more a day. But if you know where they are, it is easy to find them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found my second last night: Portoin of Steelskin... ONE potion.
    The first I found, had a flask.. That's worth something atleast.

So, two cauldron, since they were implemented... They are waaaaaay too rare. Not like the JC shrines that are always up and visible on the map.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

Better than nothing; I have engineering and blacksmithing on my main and those tools are completely useless, as opposed to mostly useless. I only made them because I'm a completionist and wanted to see the quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Better than nothing; I have engineering and blacksmithing on my main and those tools are completely useless, as opposed to mostly useless. I only made them because I'm a completionist and wanted to see the quests.
    In v8.2 you'll be making tons of money with BS to peovide people with Mount Equipment..