Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I dont know. Just like I dont know why this game keeps getting the same random feedback "It uses features other games have have already done!!!"

Like every game needs to reinvent the wheel and you cant burrow features that work well in other games.

Steal from the best! Even the best do!
    pretty much this, this isn't a hard thing to understand.
    video games as a developing system are iterative and duplicative, you don't need to redesign the wheel you just need to make sure the care is fun to drive.

yeah, it took alot of elements from other franchises that in turn took from their predecessors, get over it.
    it's a fun game from what i've seen of it in play, i'd definitely suggest you at least research it since it's by and far better then other post-apoc zombie shooters with how the zombies aren't jokes you'd have to be stupid and blind to die to.

the way they flow over the terrain and each other simply puts too many bodies in front of too few bullets, further distict that with a variety of elite zombie alternates and even zombified animals along with an AI that actually gives the zombies a truly voracious nature(they'll eat the corpses of dead zombies even killing weakened ones if there are no bodies nearby).

in short, it's about people fighting zombies, not bandits, not wastelanders, not randumb evil why faction #476, just an endless teeming horde of the infected walking dead looking for any kind of meat to eat.

10+ Year Old Account
    PS4 exclusive? I'll wait for dying light 2 :s

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You do understand when big publications review a game it's typically someone who likes that genre and style of game doing the review to give it a fair shake yes?
    you understand that's your supposition, which is not in anyway true in reality, as MANY video game critics have demonstrated in live game-play by failing to do on-screen instructions.
    you'd think that'd be the one thing talking-heads could do.

frankly, you're an ignorant fool if you rely on reviewers to determine your opinion.
    and a moron if you do so in the video game industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    you understand that's your supposition, which is not in anyway true in reality, as MANY video game critics have demonstrated in live game-play by failing to do on-screen instructions.
    you'd think that'd be the one thing talking-heads could do.

frankly, you're an ignorant fool if you rely on reviewers to determine your opinion.
    and a moron if you do so in the video game industry.
    Oh boy you know you're the smart guy in the room when you have to call people ignorant and a moron to try to get your point across. /s

Might want to actually look up how reviews are handled instead of being hung up on "LUL JOURNALIST COULDN'T DO CUPHEAD TUTORIAL" BTW Cuphead and Sekiro both reviewed extremely well so what does that say about the people that reviewed them?

Overall your post is a bloated bag of non sense that says and proves nothing. Please try to find new material if your biggest retort is gonna be "LUL JOURNALISTS SUXXORZ AT GAMES".

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Oh boy you know you're the smart guy in the room when you have to call people ignorant and a moron to try to get your point across. /s

Might want to actually look up how reviews are handled instead of being hung up on "LUL JOURNALIST COULDN'T DO CUPHEAD TUTORIAL" BTW Cuphead and Sekiro both reviewed extremely well so what does that say about the people that reviewed them?

Overall your post is a bloated bag of non sense that says and proves nothing. Please try to find new material if your biggest retort is gonna be "LUL JOURNALISTS SUXXORZ AT GAMES".
    if you just listen to video game reviewers then you'll only know about fantasy games and FPS

here's The Completionist's take on days gone, an actual reviewer in the sense that his opinion is informed by the act of completing the game's total content.
    not just 5min with a tutorial mission and then 15 paragraphs of bitching about how hard it is.

also, reduction to absurdity is a child's attempt at mockery or a idiot's attempt at rebuttal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Bought it, this game has child zombies...and it can fuck right off. Zombies don't really bother me but little kid zombies always freak me the fuck out. This game, the zombies on game of thrones, the baby in dawn of the dead....fuck...right...off.

Also, why the hell does a game have to be flawless to be considered good these days.
    To be honest there are so many games coming out, and considering games take a significant time to play through (15-100s of hours), I won't play a game under 80 unless it does something I really find interesting (I'm a game designer so I play some games purely for research) or it's part of a series I'm invested in. My backlog is far too large and there are far too many good games to waste time playing meh/bad games.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    PS4 exclusive? I'll wait for dying light 2 :s
    Publishers can stick their exclusives in their asses, i'll never buy a console because of an exclusive game
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    here's The Completionist's take on days gone, an actual reviewer
    Don't trust reviews....

Except for the one that parots what I want it to say!

You really just got mad about reviews, and then linked a review. You're officially that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Publishers can stick their exclusives in their asses, i'll never buy a console because of an exclusive game
    I bet you bought a PC to play something that is exclusive to it.....

Hell this website is based around a game exclusive to PC.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I bet you bought a PC to play something that is exclusive to it.....

Hell this website is based around a game exclusive to PC.
    Plus like this game or not it's a perfect example of a game that isn't made if it's not exclusive. If Sony was not the owner of Bend Studio and funding the game literally no 3rd party would have given these guys 7 years to make this game. It was literally an investment in the future, with the Vita being a failure they didn't need a handheld studio no more so they let Bend take awhile to get an engine and tools running to be an AAA developer. When it's all said and done even if this game sells well(which it looks like it is doing) Sony might not make much profit off it considering what was invested, but it was worth their time because now Bend will be properly equipped to push out 2 games on the PS5 like most of Sony's 1st parties do per gen.

Played it and overall have to say there's a lot of lost potential with this game when it comes to world building and story personally and the main character just feels like this bland nobody who I couldn't even like or feel anything for.

And the gameplay itself was mediocre. Definitely not the worst game of this year but definitely not a good one either imo. Overall 4/10 for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I dont know. Just like I dont know why this game keeps getting the same random feedback "It uses features other games have already done!!!"

Like every game needs to reinvent the wheel and you cant burrow features that work well in other games.

Steal from the best! Even the best do!
    The complaint usually isn't just that a game uses features from other games, but that it takes those features and doesn't do anything new with them. Take the other recent zombie game, World War Z. It is pretty much just a third person Left 4 Dead. It isn't a bad game, but isn't anything special and that is the problem. If you simply copy what someone else has done you will never make anything more that just that, a copy. A copy will never be anything special. Now on the other hand look at World of Warcraft. WoW also took a whole hell of a lot from early MMO's like Everquest but it used those tool and ideas and expanded and refined them into something totally new and special and in doing so elevated the entire genre so much that after that third person MMO games were no longer called "Everquest clones" but now called "WoW clones." Same thing when Half Life took what Doom did and raised the bar on the whole FPS genre.

No one is saying Days Gone is a terrible game because it used features from past games, they are saying it is an average game for doing so. If you are happy with an average game in this overcrowded market then that is fine, but many people are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    The complaint usually isn't just that a game uses features from other games, but that it takes those features and doesn't do anything new with them. Take the other recent zombie game, World War Z. It is pretty much just a third person Left 4 Dead. It isn't a bad game, but isn't anything special and that is the problem.
    And nothing needs to be Special, That was his argument.

Everyone thinks each game needs to reinvent the wheel when it doesn't. They took the L4D setup and applied it to the World War Z universe. The game won't be a 10 cause of that but its a decent game that play's good.

If you are happy with an average game in this overcrowded market then that is fine, but many people are not.
    And many people need to get off their high horse because not every game is going to be a Red Dead 2 or God of War.

Average games are fine because in the end having fun is what matters. If you need a game to be a 10 to have fun then you are the problem not the game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And nothing needs to be Special, That was his argument.

Everyone thinks each game needs to reinvent the wheel when it doesn't. They took the L4D setup and applied it to the World War Z universe. The game won't be a 10 cause of that but its a decent game that play's good.

And many people need to get off their high horse because not every game is going to be a Red Dead 2 or God of War.

Average games are fine because in the end having fun is what matters. If you need a game to be a 10 to have fun then you are the problem not the game.
    You pretty much just repeated exactly what I just said. If you have fun with an average game, go have fun, but realize that not everyone can play every game and if they are going to use their limited time and money why wouldn't they want to play an amazing game like God of War or Red Dead Redemption 2 over an alright game like Days Gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    You pretty much just repeated exactly what I just said. If you have fun with an average game, go have fun, but realize that not everyone can play every game and if they are going to use their limited time and money why wouldn't they want to play an amazing game like God of War or Red Dead Redemption 2 over an alright game like Days Gone?
    Who said you had to chose?

There is FARRRRRRRRRRRR more average games that come out then great games like those two. Games at release on the scale of God of War are few and far between. So when you are in that big ass between moment why not pick up a average game? Even more so when it goes on sale or comes out and isn't full price like WWZ.

A shit ton of games release daily less then 1% are on the scale of a game like God of War. You only get that quality once in a blue moon. So at that pick just play what you like.

My point being saying you won't play Days Gone when games like God of War are on the market is dumb. Because 1) God of war is over a year old and 2) Those quality of games are few and far between.

Hey Joe you wanna play a zombie game?!

Much like their name sake zombie games seem to be released together in droves.

Days gone. Left 4 World War Z. RE remake.

RE seems to have been the only worthwhile one though but theres still fun to be had with these for those not yet burnt out or jaded.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2019-04-29 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    theres still fun to be had with these for those not yet burnt out or jaded.
    Pretty sure "zombie fatigue" is a made up thing in internet bubbles. It doesn't actually exist.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/to.../1100-6466523/

https://twitter.com/BenjiSales/statu...61474800545792

Create something with zombies, market it just enough so people outside of gaming internet bubbles know it exist and it will sell. State of Decay 2 also topped charts last year: https://www.thumbsticks.com/state-of...2018-06222018/

So yea, zombie fatigue doesn't exist at all.