Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    using a bugged item released by blizzard : 1 month ban or more ,instantly, no questions asked.

breaking the game with third party programs : a stern warning and a "don't do this no more Billy" *wag finger*
    They literally cant win
    ban the people :WHY ARE YOU BANNING THEM
    unban the people: WHY ARNT YOU BANNING THEM?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    You are correct with the size of the nodes. However i would argue that since nodes are not loaded till you get into a certain proximity this is not that big of a deal.
    By making them bigger, you can also make it so you can interact with them from a greater distance.

Altering the terrain however has always been done via different third-party programs. This is different from how players altered texture files. In fact this is more akin to an injector like evermorph or lucidmorph and co.
    Yes, but those programs do basically the same thing: they "inject alien code" to the game, hence why they got caught in the net. Basically, in this case, it was akin to a turtle being caught in a fishing net.

I did not hear from anybody using those being banned in this wave.
    Of course not. Those guys would not go to MMO fansites like MMO-Champion to complain about being banned for botting or malicious hacking. They have their own forums for that.

I do use that, and i wasn't banned either.
    I hope I'm reading this wrong, but did you just admit to botting or doing other malicious hacking?

You can not increase your character speed either as the position of your character is taken up serverside ever since some assholes used noggit back in the day to alternate the map-file to run underneath the Battleground. Botting is also done differently and why "Fly in no-fly areas" doesn't work is the same reason why the speed increase doesn't.
    Well, they must've found a way, because, back in Legion, before flight was enabled, I did see a bot character actually "flying". They harvested the node, mounted up on a flight mount, and they "flied."

The reason why I put it quotation marks was because it wasn't actually flight, but more "stutter-step rubber-banding", the character going straight up, then straight forward to another direction, with the mount always playing its standing idle animation.

Don't be a smug asshole.
    I'm not. Just stating facts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Let's see. Things you could do in the game by hacking:
    • Increase the size of herb/mine nodes for better visibility;
    • Increase the size of the PvP flag in BGs for better visibility;
    • Alter terrain to your advantage, like wall-hack-jumping, to get to safety in BGs while holding flags;
    • Greatly increase your character's speed without buffs in BGs;
    • Automate your character (i.e. botting);
    • Fly in no-fly areas;
    • Etc...

Looks like a decent enough list of reasons, too big to be "apparently no reason", don't you think?

This plus the whole straight to cthun exploit really show what can be done with editing models.
    (Warning its bad, and it has sorta flashing lights)

using a bugged item released by blizzard : 1 month ban or more ,instantly, no questions asked.

breaking the game with third party programs : a stern warning and a "don't do this no more Billy" *wag finger*
    Except those that were unbanned and given "a stern warning" weren't the "hackers" Blizzard was actually looking for. Those who were doing what Blizzard was searching for, i.e., botting and automation, were given 6 months (i.e. 183 days) bans, "instantly and no questions asked".

How's that? A bit harsher than "stern warnings", or even a meager "one month ban", eh?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lialcw View Post
    1. I don't do any model changes.

Then why did they disable old models in the first place? You do understand why people created nostalrius?
    because making the old models work for the new animations was just too much of a hassel, while also making the old models work with the new stuff like blood elf gold eyes, and orc stand straight posture, so they canned it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    It wasn't against Terms of Service in vanilla so we can do it in classic right :F
    Actually it was, vanilla is when it became against ToS, because of AQ exploit, until then it was allowed, but once a group used it for well... that, they made it against the ToS cause they didnt realize just what players could do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    because making the old models work for the new animations was just too much of a hassel, while also making the old models work with the new stuff like blood elf gold eyes, and orc stand straight posture, so they canned it.
    that is not what i understand from the post

"As a result, we have REVERSED all of the suspensions issued in this action.

The use of third party software that modifies the World of Warcraft game client is against our Terms of Service. We expect players to remove such third party software, or their accounts will be subject to further action. Any future use of software that bypasses the security of the game client, regardless of intention or gameplay advantage, will be detected and sanctioned with increased penalties."

to me it's : we reversed the sanction and hope you get rid of your third party program. if we do catch you with it again you will get hit harder than you should been this time.

if i'm wrong and that dudes who did completly broke the game with the program got banned then it's okay then

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Honestly I think the now-uncovered widespread usage of these tools should be used to readdress how pitifully bad WoW's character customization is. I directly knew at least one friend who was banned for this who only used the custom launcher to play as a void elf with normal-colored skin.

WoW really needs to step its game up already. We're only just now getting the option to hide items, almost a decade after the transmogrification feature is even released...what gives? Why did we stop getting new hairstyles, too? A lot of the allied races just feel like what should be extra customization options.
    "People only mod your game if its bad"
    Skyrim, doom, monster hunter world, terraria, minecraft, starbound, stardew valley, roller coaster tycoon, arma, binding of isaac, dont starve and dont starve together, factorio, fallout 1-4, garry's mod, half life 1 and 2, orcs must die 1 and 2, payday 2, natural selection 2, civ 1-6.

All games i have on my steam/pc that i personally love, and are seen by many as bloody fucking amazing games (most not all... Lookinjg at you fallout 4)
    yet they ALL have mods...

mods ADD to things, it does not mean that thing was not enough in the first place...

you cant possibly look at wow and go "wow blizzard, your just so bad we had to mod... Not allowing us to give our draenei massive breasts and a 20 inch dongle"
    yeah... The customization does need to get better.

also we have gotten new hairdos like... once... so idk why your asking why we have stopped getting more.

also we have been able to hide helmet, cape, and shoulders for a fair bit now my dude...

- - - Updated - - -

that is not what i understand from the post

"As a result, we have REVERSED all of the suspensions issued in this action.

The use of third party software that modifies the World of Warcraft game client is against our Terms of Service. We expect players to remove such third party software, or their accounts will be subject to further action. Any future use of software that bypasses the security of the game client, regardless of intention or gameplay advantage, will be detected and sanctioned with increased penalties."

to me it's : we reversed the sanction and hope you get rid of your third party program. if we do catch you with it again you will get hit harder than you should been this time.

if i'm wrong and that dudes who did completly broke the game with the program got banned then it's okay then
    Yes, the botters and such got banned, but those who model edited got their bans reversed and will be banned if they keep them.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "People only mod your game if its bad"
    Skyrim, doom, monster hunter world, terraria, minecraft, starbound, stardew valley, roller coaster tycoon, arma, binding of isaac, dont starve and dont starve together, factorio, fallout 1-4, garry's mod, half life 1 and 2, orcs must die 1 and 2, payday 2, natural selection 2, civ 1-6.

All games i have on my steam/pc that i personally love, and are seen by many as bloody fucking amazing games (most not all... Lookinjg at you fallout 4)
    yet they ALL have mods...

mods ADD to things, it does not mean that thing was not enough in the first place...

you cant possibly look at wow and go "wow blizzard, your just so bad we had to mod... Not allowing us to give our draenei massive breasts and a 20 inch dongle"
    yeah... The customization does need to get better.

also we have gotten new hairdos like... once... so idk why your asking why we have stopped getting more.

also we have been able to hide helmet, cape, and shoulders for a fair bit now my dude...
    When did I ever say that people only mod bad games? Why the hell did you just take my statement and extrapolate something I never even said from it?

And yes no shit there are hiding certain slots, but the fact that it's taken this long to be able to make things like chest armor and gloves invisible is absurd. This kind of laid-back attitude of "ehh, I dunno, they only did hairstyles once and we were already able to hide a few slots" is exactly why we get so little from WoW to begin with, because the developers have grown (figuratively) fat and lazy on their throne while people who expect not even a minimum from Blizzard continue to enable them.
    Why do you think we didn't get any new hairstyles after that batch in WotLK when we got the barber? Have you questioned why, or are you just going to accept that Blizzard doesn't give a shit about letting players have any level of customization, which was exactly my point to begin with?

Taking my entire point and just wrapping it in a statement that I never even said, then arguing from that angle can only be inferred as inability to read, or disingenuous. I'm kind of leaning towards both.
    Last edited by Irian; 2019-04-28 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    A lot of salty sallies in this thread.

Don't want a 6 month ban? Adhere to the rules!
    I'd rather Blizzard grow a spine and permaban people like they used to.

Most other games do to set an example. Blizzard stopped doing it as of late and people still break the rules when they come back.

It's sad they prioritise profit over setting an example these days.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    When did I ever say that people only mod bad games? Why the hell did you just take my statement and extrapolate something I never even said from it?

And yes no shit there are hiding certain slots, but the fact that it's taken this long to be able to make things like chest armor and gloves invisible is absurd. This kind of laid-back attitude of "ehh, I dunno, they only did hairstyles once and we were already able to hide a few slots" is exactly why we get so little from WoW to begin with, because the developers have grown (figuratively) fat and lazy on their throne while people who expect not even a minimum from Blizzard continue to enable them.
    Why do you think we didn't get any new hairstyles after that batch in WotLK when we got the barber? Have you questioned why, or are you just going to accept that Blizzard doesn't give a shit about letting players have any level of customization, which was exactly my point to begin with?

Taking my entire point and just wrapping it in a statement that I never even said, then arguing from that angle can only be inferred as inability to read, or disingenuous. I'm kind of leaning towards both.
    "Honestly I think the now-uncovered widespread usage of these tools should be used to readdress how pitifully bad WoW's character customization is. "

I am ignoring the rest cause it just seems like alot of screaming about stuff liek "why didnt they do this sooner!" c...c.ause they didnt... simple as that?
    "Why didnt they add an infernal mount in tbc why did it take all the way till legion!"
    c....cause they did... simple as that my dude.

also because 99% of the playerbase never sees their hairstyle.

People backing up Blizz on this are a great example of why WoW's community is one of the worst.
    Glad I've been playing Guild Wars 2 instead of this non-sense.

Maybe the addon system could just be expanded to cover some models if these kind of modifications are so popular.

Texture edits are pretty harmless.
    Model edits could only be applied to specific objects and they have to fit within specific sizes to be allowed.
    All modifications could be protected so they are disabled for stuff like raiding/pvp.
    It could even be a paid unlock feature so it's only used by those that really care about it, while also funding the extra development time to implement it for those people.

It would be a great way to gain resources from the community too, as once its legitimised it also means things like old texture upgrades could be done by the community rather than taking up blizzard artist time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ninthbelief View Post
    People backing up Blizz on this are a great example of why WoW's community is one of the worst.
    Backing up what, that they got banned, or that they didnt get banned?

Quote Originally Posted by ninthbelief View Post
    You really think this is an item when you login? People that login simply play the game, there is no pro/against discussion, people don’t even know what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Let's see. Things you could do in the game by hacking:
    • Increase the size of herb/mine nodes for better visibility;
    • Increase the size of the PvP flag in BGs for better visibility;
    • Alter terrain to your advantage, like wall-hack-jumping, to get to safety in BGs while holding flags;
    • Greatly increase your character's speed without buffs in BGs;
    • Automate your character (i.e. botting);
    • Fly in no-fly areas;
    • Etc...

Looks like a decent enough list of reasons, too big to be "apparently no reason", don't you think?
    You do realize that a lot of these things are detectable server side, right?

We can argue on the "make things easier to see" as being a hack, but so long as the hitbox size doesn't change, it doesn't effectively change much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Willias View Post

We can argue on the "make things easier to see" as being a hack, but so long as the hitbox size doesn't change, it doesn't effectively change much.
    "being easier to see" is a MASSIVE advantage

Quote Originally Posted by Utok View Post
    Maybe the addon system could just be expanded to cover some models if these kind of modifications are so popular.

Texture edits are pretty harmless.
    Model edits could only be applied to specific objects and they have to fit within specific sizes to be allowed.
    All modifications could be protected so they are disabled for stuff like raiding/pvp.
    It could even be a paid unlock feature so it's only used by those that really care about it, while also funding the extra development time to implement it for those people.

It would be a great way to gain resources from the community too, as once its legitimised it also means things like old texture upgrades could be done by the community rather than taking up blizzard artist time.
    Expecting Blizzard to do things that benefit the community these days well you got more chance of winning the lottery mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Willias View Post

Are you kidding me? "Doesn't effectively change much"?

Being able to see where the flag carrier is hiding "doesn't effectively change much"?
    Altering terrain to your advantage "doesn't effectively change much?
    Automating your character "doesn't effectively change much"?
    Flying in no-fly areas "doesn't effectively change much"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Players: Break terms of service of Blizzard's game
    Blizz: We're suspending you for breaking my rules
    Players: OMG WTF

You do not own your character you do not own the game. The only thing you own is the time you paid for to access to play Blizzard's account and character. I repeat you character that you play and you modded.....does...not...belong...to...you. You literally altering someone else's property. It's like you let your neighbor rent your power tool and he DIWHY mods it. Guess what you probably going to stop lending him your stuff.

You can't compare this to games like GTA or Skyrim where ToS and Ownership are defined completely differently. Just because you never read Blizzard's ToS stop being whiny cry babies when you get suspended for violating the rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Players: Break terms of service of Blizzard's game
    Blizz: We're suspending you for breaking my rules
    Players: OMG WTF

You do not own your character you do not own the game. The only thing you own is the time you paid for to access to play Blizzard's account and character. I repeat you character that you play and you modded.....does...not...belong...to...you. You literally altering someone else's property. It's like you let your neighbor rent your power tool and he DIWHY mods it. Guess what you probably going to stop lending him your stuff.

You can't compare this to games like GTA or Skyrim where ToS and Ownership are defined completely differently. Just because you never read Blizzard's ToS stop being whiny cry babies when you get suspended for violating the rules.
    You seem like the kind of person that also believes in the wiki about 30 FPS.