Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie AVENGERS: ENDGAME™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Yes but if you look in the MiB trailer he's nowhere near as buff as he's been as Thor
    Idk w/o his shirt off. But the ripped look of Thor 3 is a LOT of work and sacrifice. Id imagine he is still a hunk just not rockin sub 5% body fat.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Eisenberg isn't miscast as Lex Luthor. He's just playing a different version that were normally accustomed to seeing. Eisenberg represents the Post-crisis Luthor from around 1986-1994. Lex Luthor had gotten cancer from experimenting with kryptonite, so he had his brain removed and a clone body grown around it. This one was very young (in his 20s) with long locks of red hair and acted very differently.
    Eisenberg was playing Alex Luthor, the son of Lex Luthor, its not a different version, its a different person. I think Eisenberg COULD have played a decent Lex, they just went with a twitchy spaz version to...idk subvert expectations? Luthor in BvS was not a casting problem it was a design choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, and to be fair. They didn’t even really have a script, let alone a completed Captain Marvel when they shot Endgame. Combine that with how little she’s in Endgame and getting the two to jive was going to be difficult.
    Exactly. It happened with Black Panther, too - they had shot scenes for Infinity War before his solo movie was even released. Same with Wonder Woman. So, it kind of makes sense.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really hoping they recast Brie. She's such a dickhead, not to mention a really wooden actor (plus apparently a lot of the cast members don't like her)
    Citation needed? o_O I haven't heard anything about the other cast members disliking her. Hell, she and Scarlet Johansson both wore matching bracelets to the premier.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

I liked the first 2 Thor films but hated Thor:Ragnarok because I understood it meant they were basically giving up on trying to seriously develop his character and turning him into comic relief. "Hhahaha look at Thor put in silly situations! hahahaha". They did the same to Hulk. But that's because box office was low for both.
    Ragnarok is a good Marvel movie but not a good Thor/Hulk movie.
    Thor 1 was a bit boring but Thor 2 was going in the right direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just google it, there's so many clips showing how bad the chemistry is on set. For instance when Hemsworth compares her to Tom Cruise (which to anyone would be a compliment but apparently not to Brie Larson) - she goes off on him. Same sort of thing with Don Cheadle etc.
    All I'm seeing are a lot of rumors. The only definitive thing I see from an actual cast member - Don Cheadle, as a matter of fact - says it's a lot of bullshit and there is no rift, strife, etc.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Eisenberg isn't miscast as Lex Luthor. He's just playing a different version that were normally accustomed to seeing. Eisenberg represents the Post-crisis Luthor from around 1986-1994. Lex Luthor had gotten cancer from experimenting with kryptonite, so he had his brain removed and a clone body grown around it. This one was very young (in his 20s) with long locks of red hair and acted very differently.
    So he's not the 'regular' Lex Luthor but some weird twisted version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course he says that - marvel wouldn't want it to be blatant the cast don't like her would they? The body language of Brie vs everyone else is so apparent though, unless you don't want to see it
    I see...I should believe gossip and rumors over actual verifiable statements by people who are purportedly involved. k.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    The issue that some have with this is the comics division tried this a couple of years ago and it failed miserably. Quasada admitted it himself, they went for the "progressive buck" but no one was interested in comics about Latina lesbians from other dimensions or gay Icemen. The comics didn't sell and were promptly cancelled.
    Smaller population and demographic coverage. Movies reach the whole world, comics much less so.
    Last edited by Fabinas; 2019-04-28 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Dumb word, duh...
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I see...I should believe gossip and rumors over actual verifiable statements by people who are purportedly involved. k.
    You really don't understand that it's unprofessional to badmouth your fellow actors? There will not be a statement in the near future. And that Brie is not sympatic at all is easily seen in her recent stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    So he's not the 'regular' Lex Luthor but some weird twisted version.
    Eisenberg was playing Alex Luthor, the son of Lex Luthor, its not a different version, its a different person. I think Eisenberg COULD have played a decent Lex, they just went with a twitchy spaz version to...idk subvert expectations? Luthor in BvS was not a casting problem it was a design choice.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    My biggest issue with Endgame is that Banner is once more just comedy relief. It worked in Ragnarok as the whole film was like that and you had the strengths of the Hulk to balance it out. Now it's dialed up 100% It feels cringey and embarrassing.

I've always been a huge Hulk fan, I even enjoyed the Norton movie a lot. I can remember how after Avengers everyone was clamouring for a new Hulk film but I can't even imagine wanting to see one with Ruffalo Banner and Hulk.

So if Banner has taken on the Hulk body with his own mind, has he basically killed the "Hulk" persona?

Also sad that Thor was basically a joke for most of the movie.

Also in regard to Black Widow..

I've already seen articles complaining about her getting "fridged" in the movie. I guess these days people are just using the term to refer to any female character death. To be honest, I thought It was a fitting conclusion for her character in that she died to save Clints (and somewhat her own) family, and the rest of the universe in the process. It's just a shame the beats of the story were so fast that it was moved past so quickly.
    The Hulk/Banner Merge was substantial for the unsnap. Hulk alone possibly didn't have the mental capacity to think/imagine/picture/consider what the unsnap would do. At least that's what i gathered.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stands in the Fire View Post
    Well, over half the population is female. Black people make up 15%?

I think they're actively reaching out for these customers. Why? Money.
    I don't disagree. It isn't the philosophy, it's the cash. And winning extra movie fans will cascade into buying merchandise, comics, more movies, etc, etc...
    /spit@Blizzard

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Not really a fan of Brie Larson as a person, but she actually is a good actress. She won an award for the movie Room.
    Winning an oscar means you were a great actor/actress for that specific movie. Doesn't mean you will perform at an equal (or almost equal) high level in the rest of your roles.

Brie Larson is mediocre and unappealing for me as Captain Marvel. Both as looks and acting, IMHO.
    /spit@Blizzard

Good movie. I didn't have any problem with Captain Marvel's limited appearance, she didn't add or detract - I don't know why people flip out about her so much seeing as she's barely in the film. I really liked how they handled Stark's death and Cap's resolution, and I thought the final battle was satisfying.

Not as good as the first film though - Apart from the timetravel nonsense opening up ridiculous amounts of plotholes, my biggest issue was Antman. Paul Rudd is absolutely terrible as this character and he brings nothing to the table, I'm really not sure why he's in the film as much as he is.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post

Don't forget that the snap took away Hawkeye's *entire* family - all three of his kids and his wife. I don't think that it was a strict 50/50 split in the sense that it went through and perfectly divided families. I think it was much more arbitrary. So I could very well see an entire class of students getting snapped, while another school's class remained untouched.
    To add to this, the snap took away all of Antman's cooperatives, who were all the members of the Pym family, thus trapping Antman in the Quantum realm for 5 years
    /spit@Blizzard

So many elitists/haters in here. Damn.

Movie was loads of fun. Immediately regret coming back to this thread to see what people had to say post film

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Winning an oscar means you were a great actor/actress for that specific movie. Doesn't mean you will perform at an equal (or almost equal) high level in the rest of your roles.

Brie Larson is mediocre and unappealing for me as Captain Marvel. Both as looks and acting, IMHO.
    It doesn't even necessarily mean that. It means there was a large campaign push for the movie/actress. Iv not seen the movie she won an award for but everything I have seen her in she was never the stand out. Serviceable in the role, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    My biggest issue with Endgame is that Banner is once more just comedy relief. It worked in Ragnarok as the whole film was like that and you had the strengths of the Hulk to balance it out. Now it's dialed up 100% It feels cringey and embarrassing.

I've always been a huge Hulk fan, I even enjoyed the Norton movie a lot. I can remember how after Avengers everyone was clamouring for a new Hulk film but I can't even imagine wanting to see one with Ruffalo Banner and Hulk.

So if Banner has taken on the Hulk body with his own mind, has he basically killed the "Hulk" persona?

Also sad that Thor was basically a joke for most of the movie.

Also in regard to Black Widow..

I've already seen articles complaining about her getting "fridged" in the movie. I guess these days people are just using the term to refer to any female character death. To be honest, I thought It was a fitting conclusion for her character in that she died to save Clints (and somewhat her own) family, and the rest of the universe in the process. It's just a shame the beats of the story were so fast that it was moved past so quickly.
    You apparently arn't a real Hulk fan then. In the comics Hulk and Bruce Banner actually merge into one person (Professor Hulk). They incorporated parts of the comics into the film. Marvel also doesn't have full rights to the Hulk movies. While they own the Hulk IP, they actually sold off movie rights to the Hulk to Universal Pictures back when Marvel went bankrupt and was shipping off rights to characters to stay afloat. They still haven't gotten movie rights back.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    The issue that some have with this is the comics division tried this a couple of years ago and it failed miserably. Quasada admitted it himself, they went for the "progressive buck" but no one was interested in comics about Latina lesbians from other dimensions or gay Icemen. The comics didn't sell and were promptly cancelled.
    Nah people will read anything if it's good characters and story; if anything I'd say that comic book and sci-fi fans seem to be more open to diversity than other groups. The problem is that nobody wanted to waste their money on CRAP comics about Latina Lesbians and gay Iceman, which felt more like pandering than trying to write good stories. (Foster-Thor and Ms Marvel were pretty good so actually sold books). I really don't like Riri as she's an awful character with no connection to the Ironman legacy- Toni Ho would have been a much better choice.

People also didn't like getting called racist/sexist for not liking some of Marvels crappy books. That was a really stupid move on Marvels part.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    None disputes that she's a good actress, she just isn't a good Captain Marvel. It's a classic miscast, just like Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. She lacks the screen presence to portray a character based on power, her voice is to soft, to silent. She'd be better suited to portray a character based on smarts or cunning. She might have made an excellent Scarlet Witch.
    Probably didn't want to give big plunged top cleavage film shots, like Elizabeth Olsen agreed at first (and then probably regretted, since she was showing more skin than any other MCU actress)
    /spit@Blizzard