Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    And apparently you didn't notice the army of White Walkers and undead that were tightly amassed there with another good 25 feet of completely clear, out in the open area that needed to be covered to even reach the NK? She trained for about a season (not many) to be sneaky, not to literally turn into the wind and materialize out of thin air.
    Idk, being small and sneaky is perfectly valid in fantasy.

Frodo did it in Lotr. Was kind of the point. When theres unbeatable armies you need to think outside the box

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I dont really see how else they would have defeated the NK other than Jon Snow having a 1v1 sword fight while everyone stands around and watches
    That, or Azor Jaime would've been infinitely preferable to an ugly, anime-tier character pulling the Far Cry 3 knife drop.

Night King = Snoke

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

It's utterly ridiculous to suggest Jaqen was there to "activate" Arya. There's no evidence of that whatsoever, you're just saying it to justify Arya's newfound insane abilities.
    Newfound abilities? What show have you been watching?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    None of the characters have anything "personal" against the Night King story-wise, except maybe Bran. He represents death and the living fight him to stay alive. Basically anyone could've killed him at it would've made sense. Arya did save her brother though, plus the kill being made by Arya was well foreshadowed.
    Oh please. What about the several times NK death-stared Jon when they met? Yeah, right.

Everyone, including Dumb and Dumber, have forgot about the last seven seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    Okay, since the dead evaporated so fast the Dothraki and Unsullied literally 5 mins screen time, and suddenly the main characters hold off all that zombie army for 20mins with people like Sam who somehow survived lmao, the dead could just take winterfell, the rest of remaining people somehow manages to survive, with a few horses to go south, the battle takes chaotic place as Cersei is confused.

Instead you got your teleports behind your back anime shit.
    And before the wights would like spontaneously combust within feet of a fire. And they used them to squelch the fire with their bodies in order for the army to get through.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Oh please. What about the several times NK death-stared Jon when they met? Yeah, right.

Everyone, including Dumb and Dumber, have forgot about the last seven seasons.
    Thats why he made his dragon target Jon snow and keep him trapped/kill him in the courtyards because he knew jon was a threat

I dont really see how else they would have defeated the NK other than Jon Snow having a 1v1 sword fight while everyone stands around and watches

- - - Updated - - -

not when you're 50lb small lady trained in magic stealth
    I offered a better ending a page or two ago if you wanted Arya to kill the NK.

Have the WWs actually fighting the dudes in the courtyard. Maybe they gank one, and a portion of the wights fall, but not all cause he's not the NK and he's only made a couple wights. Have Theon and his men bravely hold off wights until their all gone. Enter the NK, alone. He wipes all the Ironborn, including Theon, single-handedly. Have a scene with Melisandre saying what needs to be done but not how it's gonna be done, because she shouldn't be a prophet. Hell, don't have Melisandre even in this episode. Everyone knows the plan is for the NK to go to the godswood. Have Jon trying to get there, but he has to fight Viserion. He sees Arya, tells her he has to get to Bran. She says, "Hey, I grew up in that godswood too, I know it well, I climbed those trees with Brann while you were playing swords with Robb." Cut to Arya literally bounding from tree to tree Hidden Dragon style.

Then gank him. Have her die in the process (though that's just my narrative flair speaking, I guess she can live or die).

I came up with this literally in the few minutes after watching the episode.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2019-04-29 at 05:45 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

not when you're 50lb small lady trained in magic stealth
    Any way it ended, people were going to bitch about it. There is no possible way to please the internet.

For some reason I read this thread, like a moth to a flame, when I know there is nothing to gain from it. The show is a lot more enjoyable when you don't have a legion of people telling you why you need to hate it.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post

Tyrion is the son of Mad King Aerys and Joanna Lannister.
    Yep. I totally agree. Why else would the Lannisters suddenly turn on Aerys? Makes total sense

Edit: VIP for me was Lyanna Mormont. She died like a fucking boss.
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2019-04-29 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Newfound abilities? What show have you been watching?
    Well, this was definitely the first time she was shown to be able to turn literally invisible and fly.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    There was NO teleportation. Did you even watch the episode? She ran past the white walkers as fast as she could before jumping through the air and being easily caught by the Night King.
    You took it literally I bet the people who enjoyed this episode aren't that bright huh

As I said before, arya couldn't get past 10 wrights now suddenly she could among 50 or more and the knights and the night king. yeah thats really great writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Tyrion is the son of Mad King Aerys and Joanna Lannister.
    No, he is not. The whole point of Tyrion-Tywin relationship is to show that his father could not get over his disability in the face of the fact that he was the best and true heir of Tywin, not Jamie or Cersei.

God, you people completely do not understand this story and what it is about.

She doesn't have any newfound abilities. Did you completely skip a few seasons? She got her ass handed to her for a very long time to develop those abilities.
    Her abilities are certainly new found for the Faceless Men. Hell, she killed the girl teaching her.

I offered a better ending a page or two ago if you wanted Arya to kill the NK.

Have the WWs actually fighting the dudes in the courtyard. Maybe they gank one, and a portion of the wights fall, but not all cause he's not the NK and he's only made a couple wights. Have Theon and his men bravely hold off wights until their all gone. Enter the NK, alone. Have a scene with Melisandre saying what needs to be done but not how it's gonna be done, because she shouldn't be a prophet. Hell, don't have Melisandre even in this episode. Everyone knows the plan is for the NK to go to the godswood. Have Jon trying to get there, but he has to fight Viserion. He sees Arya, tells her he has to get to Bran. She says, "Hey, I grew up in that godswood too, I know it well, I climbed those trees with Brann while you were playing swords with Robb." Cut to Arya literally bounding from tree to tree Hidden Dragon style.

Then gank him. Have her die in the process (though that's just my narrative flair speaking, I guess she can live or die).

I came up with this literally in the few minutes after watching the episode.
    So you bascially wanted Arya to duel the NK princess bride style where they flip around on bars and make quips about their fighting stance?

the whole episode was building up to a "the night is darkest before the dawn" type deal they made it feel as hopeless as possible for the big moment where the NK falls and hope is restored!

Wait, Jaqen was there to meet her, it was pre-destined? Is that what you're going with? He was utterly surprised to see her help him out, and again surprised to see her come to the House of Black and White. There was no other way to meet her besides getting imprisoned in the King's Landing dungeons? If he can tell where and when he's going to being to meet up with her, why not just join the NW caravan going north later? The Night's Watchman was literally begging for volunteers for the Watch.

It's utterly ridiculous to suggest Jaqen was there to "activate" Arya. There's no evidence of that whatsoever, you're just saying it to justify Arya's newfound insane abilities.
    Lol, so "look of surprise" is what you're going with? Really? Do you really think it would be as easy to get into the Faceless Men as giving a dude some water in a jail-cart? Especially considering she more or less jacked with him over the 3rd name to secure a release from Harrenhall. I think looking back on all that's happened, the ties of mysticism between everyone on the eastern continent (fire god priestesses, faceless men, valor morghulis, all that), it's not hard to see what was being gone for. In fact if you watch the after-show stuff the writers straight up say this was the point of her training. So it's not really a stretch at all to assume that Jaqen knew he was supposed to meet her and entice her to come train, even if he might not have known specifically why. And it also explains more as to why he smiled when she left.

That is why you aren't a professional writer.
    I am a professional writer, just not of fiction. Care to offer up why that's not a better ending, and more believable too, than what happened?

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked this episode. I'm glad there was finally a payoff for all the screentime spent on Arya's storyline. I would have liked to have seen Jon get engulfed in flames when Dany toasted the walkers near him, and then his coming through the flames unscathed (well, minus the clothing like Dany did seasons ago) proving his claim to the throne.

A little too much plot armor though. There were definitely a lot more characters here that should have died. Still, I enjoyed it. I get why people didn't. But I'm still looking forward to the rest of the season. Every time people think they have Cersei beat she has something up her sleeve. She'll still lose, of course, but I'm betting there's still something coming out of left field there.

So you bascially wanted Arya to duel the NK princess bride style where they flip around on bars and make quips about their fighting stance?

the whole episode was building up to a "the night is darkest before the dawn" type deal they made it feel as hopeless as possible for the big moment where the NK falls and hope is restored!
    This is why people criticizing the writing of the show now is really ringing hollow with me, especially after tonight. I guess people forgot that in the "glory days" of the show it was literally famous for doing quick, unexpected things. I think this qualifies as a classic TV GoT move, up there with the best of them.

As a proof that the show runners do not care, literally, do not care about the over-arching story, the intricate plot details and characters build up, I offer you this quote.

David: We hope to kind of avoid the expected, and Jon Snow has always been the one to be the hero, the one who's been the savior, but it just didn't seem right to us for this moment.
    Literally the same stupid shit that Rian Johnson pulled with TLJ. Subversion for the sake of subversion. Ignore the set up. Subvert.

I hope Martin lives long enough to fix this mess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    This is why people criticizing the writing of the show now is really ringing hollow with me, especially after tonight. I guess people forgot that in the "glory days" of the show it was literally famous for doing quick, unexpected things. I think this qualifies as a classic TV GoT move, up there with the best of them.
    The difference is that it all made sense, even without the hindsight. Also there was enough of build up for all the characters to meet their fates the way they did.